Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Safe Haven

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Safe Haven

Post by -Lacie- »

>She sits on the step halfway down to the Crucible, the Sphere seeming to stare right back at her. Eyes half-closed, her focus steers towards the glyphs within the rings along one side.

"Has to mean something, these symbols. They e'en look .... close to m'own tongue."

>The urge too great, she reaches out, a single long nail traces one glyph, then another, her eyes slightly glazing over. One hand goes to the quill in her hair, the other after the journal in her pack.

Journal Entry - Safe Haven #1

The success of the SSP has yielded a new type of room, Safe Haven. This room needs to be seen to fully understand the .... beauty of the circular room. A brief history follows.

First known as South Sanctuary, in the Lost Caves, the Screchethan originally encircled the room as part of their Guild. The room shortly thereafter, had the center pillar removed and replaced by a rather strong Negative DreamSoul pad. This pad was encircled with claws, to warn of the danger within. After I purchased the Guild from Agonarius, the Kabal began work on changing the energy within the pad. After many trials and a few scorched eyebrows, the Kabal and many volunteers were able to change the energy from negative to positive DreamSoul. The Haven does not possess the property the Sanctuary does. (see South Sanctuary Project).

The final push to change the energy was successful... but also fruitful. There was an eerie, (but rather familiar to me) shadow that circled one then the other of those gathered. It settled around me, whispered a riddle to me, which I must have solved... because it formed itself together, in a fashion, into a most... Mysterious Sphere, along with a second riddle.

>She stands and turns, her feet seeming to Know the destination. She barely remembered to place the Sphere in its resting spot. She blinked a few times and smiled to herself, "The Garrison, of course... The Garrison"

The whole plane always gave her a sense of calm, but this room was it for her. The walls, the moisture in the Air, the plants growing through cracks that shouldn't allow them to... it was all one meaning to her, well her and the Shadow. "These lands were old and I was taught the way. Now I just have to follow the path," she muttered under her breath, her eyes sparkling like sapphires.

>She opens her journal absent-mindedly, sketching out a string of the glyphs, and then the translation...
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Re: Safe Haven - Whispers

Post by -Lacie- »

Nothing was working. The harder, it seemed, that she tried to make the whispers fade, the louder they had become. There was no stopping them, and the end-result? All too well Known... to her anyway. Did the others Know the signs? Would they be able to do anything about it even if they saw it coming? Probably not.

Was it the swirling shadows that taunted the senses? The energy flow between the rooms that caused heightened awareness? Or was it the Sphere itself? As the outer shell sparked curiosity, it was the riddle within that caused the inner sensations, the frustration, the clouding, the.... Shadow in the mind. The whispers though, were becoming louder and more distinct, clearer and sharper. Could the mind grasp the Truth?

>She looks around the room, trying to make some sense of where she was, not realizing the most obvious answer was most likely a correct one. Hours seem to mesh into minutes, which seem to stretch into eons, which might have only been days. "Time... such a mortal affair" escaped her lips as she readied for the ritual. "Was it hours from now or days?"

A note falls from her pocket which seems to flit across the City swiftly as the Winds of Totality...

"Sphere. Ritual. 9th...~7pm DST CoS"

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Re: Safe Haven - Truth

Post by -Lacie- »

Her movements were chiseled, precise and without any hint of emotion. Her eyes usually gazing off in the distance, glazed with the ocassional twinkle of an Azure hue. Her quill messed up her perfect locks as she yanked it from her head. A torn page from her journal lay in her lap...

Journal Entry...

Her penmanship scratchy and irregular

NOTES:

1. Some Truths aren't meant to be Known, it seems.

2. Wisdom, Knowledge and Insight (among several dozen other attributes) do nay make one Worthy.

She wrinkles up the parchment, and tosses it to the breeze, letting it fly to where-ever it chooses unabated.
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Southern Breezes...

Post by -Lacie- »

The Sphere was nearly inconsolable, and occupied her mind for days. Its work half-done made the Mysterious Sphere seem almost... restless. It vibrated now and then, then seemed to roll off its ledge, only to rattle the gears along one side. All the both constant and Random noise and movement left her jittery and nervous. Bits of this and that were slipping her mind more often, although few noticed the change.

Journal Entry V - Southern Breezes

The Safe Haven has had a small improvement since it settled into its constant state. The new name is now South Haven, though not by anything the Kabal has attempted. Tests have been run on the new DreamSoul pad and with positive results. This will provide us with the tools we need to begin the next project.

For now, however, we must address this Sphere. The ritual was only half done, so we must either destroy the Talisman (like I'd do that, right?) or we complete the ritual. We will try again....

Thursday night, 5/31. Meet at the Sanctuary in the Chasm of Souls at 7pm DST.
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal