Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

A Pocket's Plan - Short Fiction

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Emet
Dreamer

A Pocket's Plan - Short Fiction

Post by Emet »

Once upon a Dream, there was a pocket. This pocket HATED being a pocket. It hated being opened, and closed, it hated being stitched into pants near someone's THIGH! But most of all, the pocket hated, hated, hated, having things put inside of it. The pocket admired having a slim figure, and things inside of it made it bulge in uncomfortable places.

So one dream, the pocket whispered to its wearer, "Hey, hey you!" Needless to say the man was startled to have his pocket whispering to him! But the pocket continued, "I know a secret! Go find a quiet room, where you're away from other dreamers, and I'll teach it to you!"

The dreamer was startled, but curious. He obeyed his pocket to the letter, settling in a quiet room in the Cairn of Sorrow. His pocket told him then, "Okay, now, take things out of me and filllll up this room! Every nook, every cranny, until the room will accept no more items! Don't worry, you can pick them up before they disappear, if you want!" The dreamer did as he was told, still curious.

"Okay, now that the room is full, I want you to WARD the portal!" And the curious GateKeeper (not QUITE a contradiction in terms, but close) did as he was told, and warded the portal. Except, the portal could not be warded. The room was too full! So what happened then? The POCKET stole the ward, and sealed itself shut! NEVER TO BE OPENED AGAIN!