Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Revisiting -Thoughts on Marriage - What every new couple should know.

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

Revisiting -Thoughts on Marriage - What every new couple should know.

Post by Elmer »

So back when i made the first post of marriage tips, it is likely that some of y ou thought, blah, this will never last.

I am thrilled to say that It is fast coming up to my and Cor's 1 year wedding anniversary! Time sure flies when you're having fun, working hard, playing hard, supporting each other, and having lots and lots of.. well nevermind. We are just as happy today, in fact, i would say even MORE so since the day we said "I do" and it just keeps getting better with each passing day.

So what has kept this marriage fresh and what sort of advice might i give to you after a year has gone by?

First and foremost, my husband is my best friend, and has seen me though many ups , downs and in betweens, as a best friend should, and as his best bud, i have dome the same.

It is VERY important to take time out from your busy life and have a date day/night, where there are no outside interruptions, just the two of you, and it doesn't matter if it is
just to go for a walk, or snuggle and talk or cook something together, or just be silly and stupid together, cuz let's face it, sometimes life can take precedence and you may put your spouse somewhere down at the bottom of your list, so you have to be mindful of that.

Surprise your partner once in awhile with little gifts, or sing them a song, write them a poem, dance with them spontaneously! Wait for them after a hard days toil in a fabulous bath or
bed!, wearing his or her favorite perfume or wearing nothing at all!

Always be supportive of your partner, even if you are a little wary of what they are taking on, you may not agree with it, but just, be there.

Don't ever stop complimenting your partner, reminding them daily of how much you love them and why. Take joy in knowing that you are always thinking of your partner and they are thinking of you.

Be proud and happy to show off your partner to the world! After all they chose you and you are blessed.

Lastly, just love them, love them with all that you have and all that you are, because love, is the most precious gift.

Elmer
Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-