Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Underlight Chronicles

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Dream Muse
Dreamer

Underlight Chronicles

Post by Dream Muse »

ImageNewly Feather
LadySilver - Wordsmith, Master Teacher
Newlies
Have you seen them?! These are new dreamers to the Dream. Remember when you were new? We needed all the help we could get.
Ariadna Calen (GK), CeeCee (GK), Evie (SM). Jeb Willard Jr (SM), Lurisgood (DS), Sassy Sally (SM), Thackery (DS), Wan (DS)
Also seen in February: Nafule Seka (DS), Nashuma Idal (GK), Nim Aza (SM), Clyntahn (FS), Mavi (GK) Alexandyr (SM), King Kryton (GK), King Draxxis (DS) Celine (FS)
Returning Dreamers
About the Dream this week has been seen some returning dreamers. Please welcome them back and lend them a hand getting their dream legs back.
Blana (GK), Kira Windveil (DS), poppygirl (GK), Shoury (DS), Starling (FS)
Older: Ashton (GK), Jaesyn Grey (GK) Lunk (DS) Calabosh (DS). Aphreal (SM), Hammen (GK), Krillin (GK) Liolira (DS), Ramathorn (GK), Rosalie (DS), Seidy (GK), Starling (FS), Vill Valorian (DS), Black Cloud (DS)

ImageYour Teachers
Key:
▲- Master Teacher
Possess Trainself
• - Sphere Teacher
Can raise your sphere
Dreamseers: Dreiko•, Frey, Harkyn, Kelos, LadySilver▲•, Liolira, Off Kilter▲•, Purple Lace▲•, Synteny•, Rasputin, Tamarisk▲•, Thunderrman▲, Wishbringer•
Fatesenders: Em'et▲•, Flower of Cienn. Myridian Sun, Ra'as, Wishbringer
Gatekeepers: Golah▲•, Harkyn, Jade▲•, Jaesyn Grey, Krodoc•, Thunderman▲
Soulmasters: Aileron, Arnaya▲•, Avayla, Dreiko. Druce, Ironies II, Shae•, Vampyro
Teaching Elders: Akkadian, Caelia Kohler, Faelyn, Ightwyn Wy'Kim, Nessa Tre, Orn, Princess Rivin, Valen and Varden

ImageNightmare Alert!!
LadySilver-Wordsmith, Master Teacher
Darkmares: Foulmoth, Nita Hhref, Picco, Qzerzethezia, Raichuelle, Rut'roh, Yin Gar, Zirobolus
Daymares: Bark, Baruk, Dirt, Dung, Fakar, Gong, Grahei, Hokor, Kigdish, Lurk, Magdish, Monk, Pirg, Radak, Sak, Tul

ImageDreamCast
Purple Lace - Wordsmith, Master Teacher, Ruler of Bastion of Redemption, Kabal Leader
CURRENT CONDITIONS
Recent torrential storms have subsided. The return of the Sable Moon has begun to moderate the climate in the City, yielding both warmth and a gentle cool breeze to the City. Growth has been spotted in the form of flowers, a Unity Tree, and a sapling growing in an underground cavern, the Cache, in Lost Caves.
FORCAST
As the City re-Balances and stabilizes the forecast is uplifting & positive. More pleasant winds will favor new Dreamers to enter the Courtyard of Awakening. Showers may develop (30% chance) but only those favorable to growth & development.
40% chance of whirlwinds as the Seer Guild works on a few projects.
20% chance that the Soulmasters will flood something with all their waterworks.
15.5% chance of dust devils.
50% chance of Lightning from sporadic firestorms

ImageHeadlinesImage
The End of an Eclipse
Arnaya-Soulmistress, Ruler of Calenture, Wordsmith
Magnum-425, Guardian of House Calenture, sensed that the Fatesender blade was on the move... bouncing around through the city, and was able to retrieve it when it appeared in the Cenotaph of Dread. The following evening, He and Uthanatos used the blade to shatter the chaos wards on the Chimeric Plane. This caused All of the Chaos Wards on the Chimeric plane to melt and crumble away, revealing a massively empowered Chaos Circle, and the beginnings of a Portal.

Nita Hhref, the Agoknight commander of the Kotoke forces, approached us... and told us that Qzerethezia (Q-mare, or Candle Mare by other names) was of the Kotoke, though had been out wandering the chaos and gained a great deal of power... more than any of the Kotoke could imagine. Nita also stated that she believed the Portal in Chimeric, was meant to bring the Chaos into the city... not destroying it, but corrupting the entire city into a maren stronghold.

The following afternoon, Uthanatos, Libby (A warrior pursuing Q-mare), and Arnaya used one of the four cleansing primes, along with a great deal of energy, to collapse and destroy the forming Chaos Portal. Two days after that, the Chaos Eclipse came to an end, and the normal sable moon returned to its place in the city.

ImageFocal-Scopes
Purple Lace - Wordsmith, Master Teacher, Ruler of Bastion of Redemption, Kabal Leader
The Month of Growth - We have been through a tumultuous winter. The Chaos Eclipse was especially devastating, but begins to wane. Bring something new to the City. It needs it, and so do the rest of us. Re-plant. Re-think. Re-Dream.
Dreamseer - Bring forth your skills! They are needed most right now! The arcane signs are there to be studied. This is the time you do your best. Much to do before Mid-Summer's Eve. Lend your skills and knowledge to the other foci as needed. Work quickly, but with care.
Soulmaster - The Waters of the City flow with more regularity. This is the time to aid growth and prosperity. Seek out the ways of the Water, let its flow guide you to a place of development. Sacrifice where needed, but Restore the City and help it flourish!
Gatekeeper - As a focus you have experienced a myriad of betrayal, loss & battle. You are a strong focal group which prefers victory over defeat. It will be up to you to overcome recent events and stand proudly as the City's protectors once again. Let the actions of a couple of your rank fuel you to rise up and stand proudly, as you were meant to be.
Fatesender - Nothing changes without clearing out the waste. Fire up the City in ways only you are able to accomplish. Build your focus by seeking out those with Fire in their souls. The Fires must burn brightest on Mid-Summer's Eve, so now it the time to gather the kindling.[/list]
Note for Dual-Focused - Those of dual-focus should consider their main Focal-Scope, but never neglect your second choice! Look... at both.

ImageCan We Talk?!
~Observations, Oddities and Obsessions~
Have you ever noticed that in our dreams, almost every guy and gal looks like a model? If it was like that in my shard, the sidewalks would be replaced with catwalks!

And what about these men with all the long hair? Dudes, one word: Scissors.

And how about these dreamers who always like to chamele, then get huffy when you run into them or step on their feet? Helloooo! If you don't say anything, or unless you smell REALLY bad, I'm not going to know you are there, and what are you hiding from anyways?

Ever notice how much drinking goes on in the city of dreams? I don’t know about y'all, but I make a fool of myself enough when I’m awake, thank you very much, why would I want to DREAM about it?!

ImageDream NewsImage
Welcome Center Anniversary!
LadySilver-Wordsmith, Master of Insight
Happy Anniversary to the Welcome Center! It was given to the Master Teachers on February 26th of last year. What a gift and how it has grown! Our very first new dreamer was Elmer and we have been going full steam ahead since.

Initially it was just the three rooms in the First Sphere Hall. Then it expanded with the help of Noshkapana to include two Community Caches (Evernight Cache and Umbric's cache). There has, however, always been the challenge of the hall being sphere restricted. In December a contract was made to have a new area built for the Welcome Center. Five new rooms will be coming and the whole City assisted with the energy that was need to pay for such a venture. It has been so exciting.

Over the past year the rooms have been filled with wonderful resources for new and returning dreamers. Whether it’s a welcome or welcome back the Dream only grows with her dreamers.

Other additions were services. These are maintained daily if need be. Information is provided in lists that appear as feathers. The choice of feather was no accidents as some believe feathers to be wishes and it is the wish of the welcome center that we share as much as possible to offer a sound foundation of the basics.

ImageNewly Tips!
Interested in the Houses? Seek out their tenets and goals in the Archives of the Planes in the Teaching Guild or any member of their House. You can identify them by their crests.
Current open houses: Bastion of Redemption (Edgeward Barrows), House of Calenture (Evernight Plateau), Emergence Academy (Basin of the Stars), the Monastery of the Shadow (Umbric Plains)

ImageWelcome Center Word Search

Code: Select all

E A D V C R U T F Q K N Q A V Chakram
E U Q S T N I Z N R X J T Z Y Charm
S O C I N D E K F K G E H O S Dreamseer
M W B H I N H I Z O K V C M F Elemen
A O O C A A M J L E Z I E E A Fatesender
E X U U Z K F U E I K V E L T Gatekeeper
R L U Q H J R P S S S Z U E E Insight
D B E G J N E A L V Q E E M S Lucidity
M B H J M R F J M C R H R E E Resilience
I N S I G H T B H K Y N R N N Soulmaster
B W J R E T S A M L U O S M D Will
T R M R U C R B S L L I W N E
M G F A K M V Y Q D A I E X R
R S D V S N E M R E X P R J X

ImageSocial Events
Director's Cut
LadySilver-Wordsmith, Master of Insight
Events are so much fun. I have been hosting them for over six years. It's great to see everyone coming together and sharing their dreams. I had an event planned and no one showed up. Due to a scheduling error it was way too early. I am by habit what I call a daydreamer, and somewhere in the back of my mind I am thinking, “Why can’t everyone dream when I do?”

We stood around and I showed some around that hadn't seen the area in awhile, pointing out the good points for future events. More showed up, as sense tends call us together. We rescheduled the event and had a Teaching Fest!

It was fun listening to reports and just chatting. The magic comes in when we are all just being dreamers. So, if things don't go as you planned - don't be disappointed. Someone once said it wasn't how much you were in the dream, but what you did in the time you were here.

Thanks to poppygirl, Myridian Sun, Krillin, Celine, Sirus Nesto, Purple Lace, Tamarisk, Frey, Jade, Kelos, Golah, Uthanatos and everyone else that stopped into Resting Columns.

The Silver Stage Production will be March 5th at 7 pm. See you there!

ImageAt Last...
OfF KiLtEr - Master Teacher, Member of Calenture
I have found them!

The old notes from DiBauda and Kaylar. I will not tell you the tales of the energy spent searching the darker corners of the dream and the seedy individuals I had to interact with to get the notes that I needed - but I have them.

My assumptions from the notes were incorrect, and I don't know how I could have missed the obvious...

ID Curse was simply a step towards a final end with the art of Judgment.

Now all I have to do is somehow get them to work in unison, but how?

ImageFrey's Corner – Dream Warriors
Featuring Jade of the Emergence
Frey - Emergence Academy Guardian, Teacher of Insight
Frey: As far as fun, do you prefer chak or blade duels?
Jade: Blade, since they are uncommonly used during battle. It is challenging and takes skill to land hits with a blade.
Frey: Who is the best blade dueler you've encountered?
Jade: Hmm... That would be a tossup between Harkyn, Dreiko, Jerulan, and Kereal.
Frey: You've seen many, many battles, what are the most common mistakes an opponent makes?
Jade: Running away in straight lines, crowding their allies, and being unable to switch to Dreamsoul fast enough.
Frey: What would you like to be remembered the most for at the end of your dream?
Jade: My drive and intentions to see this City and its citizens thrive.
Frey: Anything to add?
Jade: Also, my badass fighting skills, of course.
Frey: Of course. And your taste in fiancés?
Jade: It's an acquired taste.

ImageThreads of Fate
Moros - Nomme de Plume
I see you. Standing there upon your facade, gazing at your domain. Your mind lingers on old memories.
You feel secure in the notion that your dreams are dedicated to one of the "Great Houses of Underlight".
But you know in your heart something isn't quite right...
The dreamers in your "Great house" seem to rarely dream. Where are they?
Your comrades now have only a passing familiarity with the tenets of your home. The tenets are so important...What were they again?
Can you even remember?
Why were they important?

But who cares? It’s the membership that matters, isn't it? What matters is gathering essences, collecting talismen, research and study...
We must maintain the alliance. We should defend them. They should defend us. Right?

Isn't that what we're supposed to do?...What you're supposed to do?
Wait - What are you supposed to do?

Why are you here? Can you even remember?
You remember conviction. You recall a stirring in your heart as you sense your soul aligned with a mission greater than yourself.

But that feeling has long since given way to daily pragmatism. You can't always be on a crusade, right?
Your mind wanders as you listen to yet another weekly meeting. Tonight's discussion centers around vague threats and likely enemies. You hear mutters of agreement that, "We must be prepared".
What are we preparing for?

Fear hangs like a fog layered upon your mind. Are you dreaming, or sleeping?
What are you doing?

Tick tock.
Wake up, Dreamer.
Guild News
ImageThe Chosen
Sermon 2/24: Discipline in Chaos
Ra'as-Leader of the Chosen
Discipline is the self-imposition of boundaries and expectations on yourself. Boundaries and expectations serve as a firm foundation upon which your soul may grow. Just as a garden must be tended lest it give way to weeds, so too must you tend and prune the garden of your soul.

Your soul will grow where it is directed.

Ensure that you consciously direct it, or it shall grow as dictated by the whims of others and the winds of chaos.

In discipline, you shall find your freedom.
Second Book of the Chosen, Ch. 2, Verse 2
Ra'as-Leader of the Chosen
As the Eclipse burned the sky, The eldritch beast of Redemption was unleashed from its ancient prison.

The beast set his endless hunger upon the Abundant Soul. As the horizon swallows the light, so was He devoured.

The Abundant Soul deep within, the beast lurched forth from the Deep and into the city of dreams.

A quiet fell over the city. The Eclipse gave way to the Sable Moon. Shadows gathered as the Chosen each looked to faith to illuminate the path.
ImageThe Screchethan Kabal
The Screchethan Kabal
~Lacie~-Wordsmith, Master Teacher, Ruler of Bastion of Redemption, Kabal Leader
The Kabal is the oldest Guild in the City of Dreams. Their history dates back and begins with the History of the Lost Caves. Two versions of this history were written, by two brothers who battle each other, then were forced to unite over a common for, The Darkmares. The Guild was founded by Hesenthes which passed to his sons, Agonarius and Teng. At the beginning of this year, I, being a long-time member, purchased the Guild lands from Agonarius.

My Journals tell the past of the Guild, the future of the Guild only the Fates can tell. Currently we are concluding experimentation on the properties of Sanctuary, using a once-enclosed area, South Sanctuary. A theorem is only as good, however, if one can repeat the experiment, obtaining desired results, at least a second time.

History will recount the accolades of the Kabal; the Unknowns uncovered, the Treasures dug up, and the Planes rediscovered. Members must exhibit the lust for the Unknown, the curiosity of a child, and the wisdom of our elders.

ImageImageImageImageHouse NewsImageImageImageImage
ImageAlliance of the Eclipse
Planar Creationists
Golah-Former Ruler of the Alliance, Planer Creationist Leader, Master Teacher
The goal of Planers is to move away from the bland concepts of colors and statistics, but instead focus on the creative outlets, and imagination of the Dreamer mind, To do this we have to focus on energy levels, manipulations, and ideas outside the box created by Elders and Dreamers alike.

We seek to gather understanding, as visitors to a city, we believe the city is alive in its own way and allows us o access her with the idea we will build her stronger, protect her, and repair damage done to her.

Quantum Mechanics, Mirror cities, universal thresholds, and multi-faceted cities in various level of advancement, are key to how we understand that which we have, and those yet to come.

Members of the guild are identified either in greeting, or through the silent wearing of a flame, and anvil, combined with a hammer. Our banner is that of creation, in which that we create in order to enhance the city as a whole, we destroy, in that we believe it's in the best interest of the city, and in turn we rebuilt stronger that which we destroy.
The Alliance Closes Its Portals
Golah-Former Ruler of the Alliance, Planer Creationist Leader, Master Teacher
As a result of war waging down on the Alliance, the telescope’s destruction, and with power hungry dreamers at their doors, membership of the Lambent house declined. The house, no longer able to support its dwindled membership, closed its portals.

The Rulers led best they could, but with new dreamers scarce, the Alliance was unable to maintain its stronghold.

A day prior to the house closing Elmer completed a unifying gathering of the city with the final dedication to the newly planted Unity Tree. With over 25 dreamers in attendance a dedication was made, and items created to celebrate the city uniting for the first time in so long.

The very next morning, the portals to the Alliance ceased, and while its members may not have a home, the home still resides in their hearts. Elmer and Coraal said they would issue a statement on their events later this month.
ImageHouse Calenture
The Search for Lucid Blood
Ü-Ruler of Calenture, Wordsmith
Late on the night of the tenth day of the second month, Magnum-425 had a revelation that the Lucidity chaos weapon was no longer in the possession of Em'et. House Calenture proceeded to search for the weapon and saw it momentarily on Evernight Plateau, but it burst into flames and vanished. After the disappearance of the weapon, the Calenturians moved to the Threshold Caves and Magnum-425 led an attempt to summon the weapon back to its original resting place. While the summoning was not successful, it did result in the appearance of a chunk of smooth blood coloured mortar. The group quickly deduced that it had come from the Cenotaph of Dread and moved up to search the plane. The scepter, Lucid Blood, was located quickly in the Cenotaph and Magnum-425 claimed it, adding it once more to the arsenal to be used to combat the chaos.
Redeemer Released
Arnaya-Soulmistress, Ruler of Calenture, Wordsmith
In the midst of the Chaos Eclipse, Lu Chaos and Redeemers of Edgeward released a being from the Palisades and bound it to Lu Chaos's will via a Gauntlet artifact. This being’s past was unknown and Lu Chaos insisted that the idea was Redeemer’s. Redeemer also demonstrated the ability to create various talisman from dreamer essences. With his backing and power, Lu Chaos (Ruler) and Harkyn (Guardian) of the Bastion of Redemption demanded access to the Alliance of the Eclipse’s telescope and were refused. This led to Lu Chaos and Harkyn laying siege to the Alliance for two days, functionally destroying the telescope when it wouldn't grant them access. Arnaya and Uthanatos (Rulers of House Calenture) released their acting Seneschal, Eldryck Venym, to go attack the Redeemers.

Ultimately, Eldryck was defeated in an engagement by Redeemer, Lu Chaos, and Harkyn. Redeemer asked permission from Lu Chaos to drain some of Eldryck's power, which Lu granted. Redeemer promptly used his new power (reducing Eldryck to a perma-sphere in the process) to break free from Lu's control, and later use the Dreamstriking ability he'd taken to destroy Lu Chaos.

A subsequent attempt by House Calenture to restore Eldryck's avatar went awry, resulting in Eldryck’s destruction and reduction to a Soul Essence. Farewell Eldryck Venym... We hope you are finally able to find some of the peace you couldn't within this dream.
ImageOrder of the Sable Moon
Return of the Sable Moon
Starling-Friendly Fatesender and Follower of the Sable Moon
Upon the Trinities sits a legendary house of Teaching, Research and Diplomacy. This house, currently known as the Abandoned Caves, longs to serve the dream city once more and calls out to its once faithful members.

Its cries have not gone unheard.

Starling and LadySilver are working feverishly to reopen the Order of the Sable Moon; creating and refining updated tenets and beliefs, recruiting members, hosting meetings, and gathering items for the new prime. They are still in the beginning stages of reopening the house but are excited at what lies ahead.

If you are interested in learning more about the Order of the Sable Moon, check out the tenets and beliefs posted to the dream city scrolls, or seek out Starling or LadySilver. They are eager to share the information with anyone who asks.
Dream Muse
Dreamer

Underlight Chronicles - March

Post by Dream Muse »

ImageYour Teachers
LadySilver - Wordsmith, Master Teacher, Ruler of OOSM
Key:
▲- Master Teacher
Possess Trainself
• - Sphere Teacher
Can raise your sphere
Dreamseers: Dreiko•, Erasmus, Frey, Harkyn, Kelos, LadySilver▲•, Liolira, Off Kilter▲•, Purple Lace▲•, Synteny•, Rasputin, Tamarisk▲•, Thunderrman▲•, Wishbringer•
Fatesenders: Em'et▲•, Flower of Cienn. Myridian Sun, Ra'as
Gatekeepers: Bahzell Tomanak, Golah▲•, Harkyn, Jade▲•, Jaesyn Grey, Jerulan•, Krodoc•, Poppygirl▲, Thunderman▲•, Xererth
Soulmasters: Aileron, Arnaya▲•, Avayla, Coraal, Dreiko, Druce, Ironies II, Shae•, Uthanatos, Vampyro▲•
Teaching Elders: Akkadian, Caelia Kohler, Ightwyn Wy'Kim, Merciful Raien, Nessa Tre, Orn, Princess Rivin, and Varden

ImageNewly Feather
Newlies
Have you seen them?! These are new dreamers to the Dream. Remember when you were new? We needed all the help we could get.
Achaella (DS), Arari (SM), Arynnor (SM), Bakatako (SM), Elira (DS), JaSamBog (SM), Klo (SM), Lino (DS), Luna (FS), Rune Dancer (DS), tegan (SM), Timeless (FS), Valsia Isthier (DS)
Older: Ariadna Calen (GK), Caito (SM), CeeCee (GK), Evie (SM), Sassy Sally (SM) Jeb Willard Jr (SM), Lurisgood (DS), Thackery (DS) Wan (DS)
Returning Dreamers
About the Dream this month has been seen some returning dreamers. Please welcome them back and lend them a hand getting their dream legs back.
Ailsa (GK), Ironies II (SM),Jaden (SM), Shoury (DS), Tyrian Silvera (DS)

ImageSmith RosterImage
Dreamsmiths
Dreamsmiths these are the dreamers that can teach forge. They are fine forgers themselves.
Current Dreamsmiths: Arnaya, Golah, Jade, Off Kilter, Poppygirl, Synteny, Tamarisk, Thunderman
Wordsmiths
Wordsmiths are the dreamers that assist in curating the museum and inspiring creativity and the history of the Dream.
Current Wordsmiths: Anasina, Arnaya, Jade, LadySilver, Purple Lace, Tember, Uthanatos, Vampyro

ImageNightmare Alert!!
Darkmares: Foulmoth, Nita Hhref, Picco, Qzerzethezia, Raichuelle, Rut'roh, Yin Gar, Zirobolus
Daymares: Bark, Baruk, Dirt, Dung, Fakar, Filok, Gong, Grahei, Hokor, Kigdish, Lurk, Magdish, Monk, pirg, Radak, Radush, Sak, Tul

ImageDreamCast
Purple Lace - Wordsmith, Master Teacher, Ruler of Bastion of the Covenant, Kabal Leader
CURRENT CONDITIONS
Several storm clouds have been spotted over various planes, warning of the oncoming Season of Growth for the area. Storms should be less frequent, but more intense as the rains come and go with a flurry. Warmer breezes rustle the last dead leaves from the Harrow trees & the extra moisture (and some rather suspicious-looking man with a wheelbarrow) has caused flowers & foliage to sprout along the paths of the Planes. Pollen counts will be high as flowers, grass and saplings spring up in the most... unusual places!
Watch for rising waters. Remember: Turn around, don't drown! Storm drains haven't been cleaned in... well, forever!
FORECAST
Expect tempers.. pardon, temperatures to rise steadily, with occasional Thundermanstorms. Standard water advisory. Drying out leaving twinkling, Evernight skies overhead. Towards the end of the month, temperatures will warm significantly. High pollen warning!

ImageHeadlinesImage
Quest Against the Chaos
Magnum-425 - Guardian of House Calenture
It's been a busy couple of months removing Chaos wards. Working as a team, we dreamers managed to get the wards removed - though it was not easy. In between ward smashing we fought Darkmares and vanquished two of them - one willingly the other not so much. We bested an ancient evil that wished to pour chaos into our city and over run it. We destroyed maren lifelines and relinquished their hold on the Dreamers of Light stronghold against strong opposition. They now attack the very plane of Evernight with tunneling claws! The battle is far from finished... We will prevail!
Lowborn Troubles
Arnaya - Soulmistress, Ruler of Calenture, Wordsmith
There has been some turmoil within the Lightless Hollow, with Argul showing up wearing an essence skin cloak at least party composed of essences from Lilith and Rubedo Morvant (Two of the Highborn "Lords" of the Lightless Hollow). Since that day, Jerm (One of the Lowborn well known to the city) has left a note outside of the sealed portal to Fayd's Fortress proclaiming that it has been claimed the Lowborn. Efforts within the city to gather information continue.

At this point, it is believed by many that some form of civil war has erupted between the Lowborn and at least some of the Highborn, or perhaps between different Highborn factions.

Seek Apothos of the Monastery or Coraal of the Alliance for further background information.

ImageFocal-Scopes
Growin’-n-Bloomin’ - This is the season which anything can truly be considered possible. Make good use of this fragile, short period. When the City prospers, so do its inhabitants. Pass this chance by and there may be a long period before the next opportunity arises. Stilled waters.... produce stagnation.
Dreamseer - Keep a weather-eye to the skies. This is the season of the Winds. Be mindful of odd breezes, changes in temperature of the Winds. The Air will of mold infestations within the caverns. Foliage will determine direction. There is a change in the Air.... See it.
Soulmaster - The Waters ~must~ flow! Stilled Waters may run deep, but are also often daft. Skill improvement will be key. Stop putting off those experiments; the results will be beneficial in the coming season. Thrive with the Waters, not be drowned by them.
Gatekeeper - Terra wanes in the horizon. This is a busy time for the Keepers of the Gates. The decision will be yours to make; to dam, or not to dam. Do you block the flow, or is this a time to tear down the walls? Terra will be your only aid, as it is usually. Don't deny it a chance to... Quake your decision.
Fatesender - Fire rises in the East. As turbulence of Air and Terra swirls within, the Fires are not too far behind. There is no creation without destruction. The forest chokes and dies without it. But allow Terror out of control, and it will... decimate. Be Fire's Master.
Note for Dual-Focused - Those of dual-focus should consider their main Focal-Scope, but never neglect your second choice! Look... at both.

ImageCan We Talk?!
~Observations, Oddities and Obsessions~
Ever notice some dreamers complaining about a task they have that they think is dumb, stupid or too hard? Helloooo, just say NO. Get another.
Ever notice the ones who complain the most about the state of things are the ones who do the least to change them?
Ever notice how when an Elder shows up dreamers flock to the like bees to honey?, then often grouch about the Elders as soon as they go?
Ever notice how dreamers will gather round in thresh to hear and see a squabble or catfight but those same dreamers wont go to or join in on a planned event and whine that there is nothing to do?
And don't even get me started on dreamers who say they are BORED. Fiddlesticks! BORED? Look around, you are in a CITY OF DREAMS, make things happen!
I'll be watching and listening.

ImageNewly Tips!
LadySilver - Ruler of OOSM, Wordsmith, Master Teacher
There are things that make us different. One of the things is we come from different histories – such as the Lyrans' strange beliefs of what the dream is and the beliefs of dealing with essenses. The Dream even now seeks balance - you hear it over and over. I can show you this lesson of Lyran times as it is truly carved in stone in the Master Hall in Threshold Pits. As a teacher of new dreamers I can say in total honesty I taught this lesson to hundreds of dreamers to offer a visual of the beliefs of the eight Great Houses.

It begins on the left end of the room on the right: Dreamers of Light and House of Calenture - the first and second house to open historically. One was Illuminated and imprisoned the other Freesoul and they banished. Their roles were being warrior houses. These things defined them.

On the left side and you have the houses that were of defense: Protectors of Radiance and the Union of the Covenant. One was Illuminated and banished and the other Freesoul and the drained. Their focus was defined clearly. They were militant but valued teaching of Protecting and Justice.

Across the room are the mystic houses. There was the Alliance of the Eclipse and Keepers of the Shadow. AoE was the house peace. They dared to try to step outside the norm and say they were Opensoul. It was never a belief but a practice or policy of accepting whatever you believed the dream to be. This is now common of all the houses, but it started here. They were forced to pick one or the other at one time, as there were only two Illuminated or Freesoul. And the Keepers were dreamers of secrets. They were so secretive their own house art was believed to be a myth to those outside the house.

Finally, the last two were the enlightened ones, the teaching houses: Gathering of the Entranced and the Order of the Sable Moon. The Gathering was Illuminated and cleansed and the Order Freesoul and they imprisoned. Here the roles were defined and leaders created.

It was not uncommon for a dreamer to be recruited by a house in their first dreams. In the years that followed they genned, hunted and fought as a house - not mingling with the other houses. Their teachers were house teachers, sometimes never seeing dreamers from other houses except in battle. This sounds incredible now, but it was the dream they knew in houses with hundreds of members.

If you can take a minute and try to see the dream through their eyes, then perhaps you can begin to understand who they are and why they seek the familiar. I am not making excuses on why they are different, but showing you their basic beliefs and roles that were carved in stone. In this was a strange security in knowing it wouldn't change... but after a decade it did.

Knowledge brings to us understanding. We have grown in our diversity with the passing of dreams and this only makes us richer.

ImageDream NewsImage
Welcome Center Update!
The new rooms should be here anytime now. We are so excited. The community caches are down to one: Umbric. Take what you need leave what you don't. This is such a help for young dreamers. Thanks so much for the City support on this project!

ImageBit of Bardic
Ü - Wordsmith, Ruler of Calenture
Gather round ye dreamers, and allow me a tale to tell! A tale of Fate... and a tale of Folly.

Once upon a time, there was Fate. Fate believed she was the captain of her own destiny, and rode that destiny like a ship to her final destination, but she did not know where she was going. Fate thought about it, and realized. She didn't have any reason to go anywhere at all. So Fate captained her ship to the nearest Lighthouse, and asked it, "Where is your destination? Where is my destination?"

The Lighthouse answered her, "I have no destination. I am a Lighthouse. I see ships safely into the harbor, and out again. You should be like me, Fate."

But Fate did not like this suggestion. Next Fate captained her ship out to sea. She wanted to get as far from the Lighthouse as she could, and sailed for the wide Ocean. Not long into her journey, the ocean revealed to her a Whale. Thinking what a generous opportunity she had happened upon, she asked it, "Where is your destination? Where is my destination?"

The whale answered her, "I follow the krill, my destination is ever-food. Where my next meal is, I can be found. You should follow food too, such that you can be nourished." Fate thought about this, but decided that food alone could not sustain her. Her destination must be grander than this. She thanked the Whale, and captained her ship onward still.

Fate captained her ship for many years after that encounter, avoiding land and sea creature alike. Weary and exhausted, one day she let go of the wheel. She lay on the deck of her ship, and heard the Ocean whispering to her then. She whispered back, in a broken voice, "Where is your destination? Where is my destination?"

And the Ocean spoke to her, soothing words of comfort, words only she could hear. No one knows what it told her. No one knows if she died there on that boat, or if she still captains her boat across the Ocean for answers.

As Performed By Em'et Etormkin

ImageOpinion Corner
Apothos - Apprentice, Guardian of Monastery of the Shadow
On the Issue of Guilds...
There are more than a few reasons why some dreamers might be angry with the Guilds. Have they locked the portal to your favorite hunting ground or generator? Perhaps you’ve been hunting that particular Mare so long, you gave it a name. Or is that new guild room where you married your significant other? Maybe you just don’t like the outfits! Whatever your reasons, you’re upset. Are you in a Guild? You might be wondering what all the fuss is about. I mean, you paid the cost. You’ve got a passion. You have specific goals and a system of beliefs. Why shouldn’t you be allowed to practice them wherever you see fit?

Both sides make compelling arguments. When I was considering this issue, I found myself asking a few key questions that we should all take some time to consider. Do dreamers have certain fundamental (or inalienable) rights? Do these protections extend to individuals and organizations, such as Houses or Guilds? If we accept that certain rights exist, is the right to access or assemble in any part of the City included among them? Does granting Guilds the freedom to assemble in their respective areas infringe on the fundamental rights of other dreamers? Finally, if all of this is true, is it morally and socially acceptable to allow such violations to occur?

The argument against the Guilds fails at the third question. For many years, we have accepted that dreamers are not entitled to access or assemble in any part of the City at any time. For example, it is universally accepted that Houses have complete sovereignty on their respective House planes—this might also extend to the planes that precede the House, but that’s an issue for a separate article. Similarly, we also accept that a House may expel any dreamer it wishes for any reason and at any time (and may or may not employ violence to do so). There is no legal framework that establishes the right of Houses to do this. But we accept this practice to be valid simply because the Houses have occupied a plane. This same principle should apply to Guilds as well.

There are plenty of other very valid reasons why you might not like any one Guild. Perhaps their beliefs are incompatible with your own. Perhaps you suspect a Guild is simply a proxy organization for one of the Houses. Perhaps they smell funny. But if we recognize the authority of Houses simply because they’ve occupied a plane in the City, we must afford those same rights to the Guilds… whether we like them or not.

This views and opinions expressed in this article are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect any official policy or position of the Monastery of the Shadow, other members or its partnered allies.

ImageFunny PagesImage
Made You Laugh!
Anonymous
[*]A kid is selling fish on a corner. He yells - "Dam fish for sale! Get your dam fish here!" A preacher walks by and asks, "Why are you calling them 'dam fish?.'" The kid says, "Because I caught these fish at dam." The preacher buys a couple fish, takes them home to his wife, and says cook the dam fish. The wife responds surprised, "I didn't know it was acceptable for a preacher to speak like that." He explains to her why they are dam fish. Later at the dinner table, he asks his son to pass the dam fish, the boy says, you bet, Dad! Now pass the f*cking potatoes!"

[*]What did the elephant say to the naked man? "How do you breathe through something so small?"

[*]A 92 year old man is walking through a park and sees a talking frog. He picks up the frog and the frogs says, “If you kiss me, I will turn into a beautiful princess and be yours for a week.” The old man puts the frog in his pocket. The frog screams, “Hey if you kiss me, I will turn into a beautiful princess and make love to you for a whole month.” The old man looks at the frog and says, “At my age I’d rather have a talking frog.”

Dream Crossword
Anasina R. Dupree-Aileron - Wordsmith, Sweet Dreams Baker, Blueberry of Mischief
Across
1. A plane of blood and eyes
3. An art that seals
5. One of the city's grand bridges
7. A round talisman
8. An action performed when using arts
9. This color should probably be used for Gatekeeper items, but is instead used for another focus' talismans
10. A place below Umbric

Down
2. An item used to display information
4. An art held by Guardians that requires supports to successfully evoke
6. Considered to be aligned toward water

Dream Word Scramble
Anasina R. Dupree-Aileron - Wordsmith, Sweet Dreams Baker, Blueberry of Mischief

This Month's Puzzle
1. nZaUx
2. iEtFaSrReS
3. PlExE
4. AeWvReE
5. FiEtIyNd
6. kOnXrU

Last Month's Answers
First month back. Answers next month!

Dream Word Search

X S T K C N O J K O L A K T C X T H U S S L X A Q Alteror
Y A U D R V J V T W I R B Y N N R G E U F E L E K BastionoftheCovenant
K J B M Y J I Q S G H D E L R P Y M S Q Y T Y U U ChaosLibrary
C O M P E N D I U M E R A C S A P N H O E R H E N Compendium
A N R E X G T N J B A O S A P H U U K R Q X P W S Emphant
B V T O K C H A O S L I B R A R Y T O P Z G Q L I Evoke
U S L N U O X M Z X S G M N E N X R C F F M E S U Eyes
A I S E L C O A D I T D T K W V X G Q N Y E I O K Idaoclesia
L W E R G V O O G D H Z S V X T O X G J A S E K N Sanctuary
Z H K Z U K I S E N E S C H A L Q K F I M S V Z G Scare
K I Y B A S T I O N O F T H E C O V E N A N T M H Seneschal
L E B G Y Y M N G P E A O L T T J Q D F B E P Y W
T Z I L G V F Y L I O W U V M M R R D G E M P B Y

ImageLost Relics
The Last Answer
Benevolent Armguard
An ancient artifact of the Idoaclesian dream was this ward shaped shield, known only as the Benevolent Armguard. It was forged by Pazin Nalis, master of his craft, and was one piece of his legendary armor; armor which is rumored to make its wearer immune to Dreamstrike. It was purchased at auction held by Pazin's Forger's Circle, and is now lost to the Dream. Last seen, it appeared as thus: Delicate bands of gold latch tightly on their own accord, protecting the bearer from enemy attacks. The circular jewel located within its center, sparkles with brilliant streams of blood tinted light.

ImageSocial Events
Green Thumbs
Elmer - Bud-n-Shade Landscaping
My thumbs aren't really green, they might be, but I wear gloves!
Just wanted to update on my newest garden which is underway.
Vorella's Higher Path on Trinity Plains is the location.
On each side there are raised areas and I thought it would be a great rest stop for wanderers, visitors to the re-opened Order of the Sable Moon or trappers. I've planted an Alder on each side and wild flowers this time rather than bulbs. I must remember to go pay Alder a visit in Harrow and thank him for all the saplings.
The trees are looking strong and healthy and some flowers have begun to pop. Take a picnic and that special someone and enjoy!
The next garden will be a joint project with Miss Amara of the Monastery, she is scouting out a locale while I gather supplies.

Art Clinic OOSM Research Project
Some of this will ring familiar bells. Back in what we refer to as Lyran times, we had access to reference materials created by Dranak, Minuette and Selika to name a few. We are reviewing and restoring these for the new Dream. The resource was a collection of the statistics of the arts we all use. There are six classifications of arts Focus Arts Dreamsoul, Insight, Will, Lucidity and Resilience, Teaching Arts, and House Arts. There have been a few meetings but now we have a set schedule of every two weeks on Thursday at 6pm.
During this past week we reviewed the changes in ten arts. The class had several apprentices so the group went along that path. The ten arts that were discussed were posted in the Chimeric Embassy scrolls of the Order of the Sable Moon for all to reference. We cross-referenced some writing in the Archives of the Awakened. Thank you to Arnaya and Purple Lace for those scrolls. We even did a debunking of the old truth that push did not work from behind - it now in fact does. Thank you to Starling and Apothos for your research.
We are excited about the new chance for us all to work on something together. See you in a couple weeks for more dreamers sharing their time and information making the Dream stronger.

Guild News
ImageTeaching Council
Teacher's Musing
Golah - Master Teacher, Planar Creationist, Dreamsmith
Golah was approached by a student, she explained her intentions to want to become a Haloed Teacher, her name is Starling a returned Fatesender, Golah performed an interview and some tests, and upon successful completion accepted Starling as an Apprentice. He made his request known to the elders, and was then given the green light to induct her as an Apprentice. Effective now is Starling a Fatesender, who while Golah is present is able to task for him up to the 30th level for arts. Starling is a returning dreamer, whom worked with others to reopen the Order of the Sable Moon, I believe she will make an excellent addition to the teaching staff.

ImageDreamsmiths
Planar Creationists
Forge is a powerful art - more powerful than people realize. Even with the token requirement for certain items, if used correctly Forge can destroy, create, and change the tide of a war. I am working towards rebuilding the Dreamsmith Guild and looking for dreamers that are interested in being part of that guild. Currently the Planers are working to locate and secure an area in the city where we can work to discuss improvements to not only the city itself, but dreamers as well.
If you are interested in working towards the mark and have a Train and Forge level of at least 30 please seek me out so we can discuss the next steps to becoming a Dreamsmith. Thank you and dream well.

ImagePhoenix Ascendancy
Rise of the Phoenix
Nathan - Guardian Of the Bastion of the Covenant, Phoenix Leader
Greetings,
I welcome you as a new ally in our fight to keep the dream from the forces that would see us come to harm. There are a few consistencies you must observe while contemplating the chain of events as a dream of a whole. We consistently are outmatched by adversaries both internal and external in nature. We have escaped near destruction very many times. Absolute destruction is inevitable if we continue on our current approaches to dreaming.

The Phoenix Ascendancy serves our fair land by magnifying our acquired power to ensure our diplomats can argue from a position of strength. For the most part, we are honest and impartial in our decisions - guided by the principles of Authority, Eminence and Magnitude. We offer citywide empowerment in lieu of advancement and protection of our assets.

While others wish for more of their energies to be used for the benefit of commerce and the study of lore, or lend their effort in advancing knowledge of art, we believe that another path is the way to reduce the plague of threats which terrify the city of Underlight these days. That path is building an establishment of resources, alliances with neighboring cities in addition to weaponry to rival our adversaries.

Should you desire to join the Phoenix Ascendancy, seek me out. As a member of the Phoenix, you can help to influence the happenings yourself, and share in the benefits of belonging to the party in power. You will need to demonstrate fealty to your guild on a regular basis to keep your name on the rolls. Even if you decline to join the faction, you will still be influenced by the outcome of events - as are all.

Fair partings, and may the Phoenix guide our actions to ensure our continued victory!

ImageThe Screchethan Kabal
South Sanctuary Project
~Lacie~ - Ruler of Bastion of the Covenant, Wordsmith, Kabal Leader
Members of the Screchethan Kabal, volunteers from other strongholds and guilds, and the curious gathered in the South Sanctuary of Lost Caves this month to conduct experiments on the properties and nature of a sanctuary. Two phases of the South Sanctuary Project (SSP) were conducted this past month - with some significant results. Further experiments are planned for the month of April.
Phase one was dedicated to creating a flow of positive and negative energy around a triad of rooms within the Kabal Guild Hall area. The transducers were placed, set & activated to draw out negative energy from the sanctuary. Negative energy was directed towards the crypt, while positive energy was drawn from the cache, to the sanctuary. As the transducer devices were activated with a key, the three rooms reacted with an explosion of the elemental forces within the City. As the flow conduction steadied, the rooms ebbed and flowed with energy for a week.

Phase two was conducted a week later. Conduits crafted by each of the focii were installed in South Sanctuary. These rods, along with the vitriol catalyst and a few other “key ingredients” forced a last surge of energy through the system, and then the whole was shut down cautiously. Those gathered were presented with the problems of putting out fires, draining flood waters, and whirlwinds of energy and earthen particles swirling all around. Those gathered were then tossed completely from the City. Once regrouped at the Caves, participants were blocked from re-entering the Sanctuary by stilled portals.

Minor injuries were reported. The Guild Hall appears calm & undamaged, and the raging pyre in the Crypt has died down to a low boil, more conducive for further experiments. The Iron Thorn sapling (Ferrum Spinam) in Cache will require nurturing & careful attention. The Sanctuary remains closed to all, with passage temporarily blocked to the Basin via the Rubicon Ring. Travelers of this Ring are advised to seek an alternate route until such time as the Sanctuary settles and surveys of the cavern can be conducted.

Further experiments are to be continued as soon as it is deemed safe to proceed. When the results of Phase 2 are studied, Phases 3 and 4 will proceed post haste. Plans, however, are kept under the strictest of guard.

Alliance of the Eclipse
Just after the portals of the Alliance closed, members of the Alliance and Planers worked quietly under the shadows to begin rebuilding a core group of trusted members to regain control of the now vacated halls.

Golah and Elmer began working on the newly awakened, exploring and hunting with them, taking them to see and talk with the other houses, before presenting the Alliance beliefs and ideals to them. Combined with that, other members like Coraal began to work on his arts, and collect the expected energy that would be required in order to open their home.

After a few weeks of work, the 10 members of the Alliance were ready. They gathered in the hall and worked to summon their prime. New members and returning members gathered and swore their allegiance to the house that once guarded them.

After some work the prime was returned, empty as expected. From there they summoned Caretaker Frank, who seems to be still on vacation from the city - instead his apprentice appeared. After some brief introductions, and verification of members, we decided who shall lead, and which rooms to lock while we began to collect the needed cost.

Creation of the Sable Spool
Starling-Friendly Fatesender, Co-Ruler of the Order of the Sable Moon
It was a night full of hope and fellowship at the Order of the Sable Moon (OoSM). Dreamers gathered from all over to show their support to the Sable Moon’s house pledges as they conducted the ceremony to create their new prime – the Spool of Sable Moon.

Only a few days prior, the house pledges had met at the Peaceful Retreat in the Trinities to forge and collect pieces for the construction of the prime; items that they felt best represented the Sable Moon, the house’s history, beliefs and tenets.

Those items were – a piece of driftwood from the room known as Ladybug’s Perseverance, selected to serve as the base of the prime; the Spools of Honor, created by LadySilver to serve as the mechanics to help the prime repurpose essence; water collected from the Trinities to represent purpose and the connection to the lands of the ancient Trinity Brothers; a Crystal Dome, created by poppygirl to encapsulate and protect the prime once created; and an old House ID from the Order of the Sable Moon, given to LadySilver by Nmoto.

The ceremony began with the house pledges gathered around the center pool in the Courtyard of the house. LadySilver rose out of the pool, standing on a glass platform, with her head lowered in a prayer like state. She then called upon the Sable Moon as she began the ceremony; her words resonating through the room and echoing into the skies above…

“We are the sworn and the dreamers, we ask your guidance and assistance, Sable Moon, in using the power of the elemental energies to create our prime. Light and guide our thoughts and minds,” she said.

The Sable Moon responded by filling the air in the Courtyard with a quiet sense of excitement. The ceremony proceeded with LadySilver calling on the four focus elements - Willpower, Lucidity, Resilience and Insight - and placing each of the collected piece for the prime on an individual platform around the pool. While she did this, all the dreamers surrounding the pool evoked arts of each respective focus, accordingly.

As she recited the ceremony words, and laid down each item, the Sable Moon responded by lighting up each platform.

OOSM Open House
LadySilver - Master Teacher, Wordsmith, Ruler of the Order of the Sable Moon
The Order of the Sable Moon took the dream by storm with their open house celebration. The hosting Rulers Starling and LadySilver and Guardians poppygirl and Najerv Torek were in fine form. The facade was filled with the music from the dreamless instruments playing all night with surprise guest musicians - Myridian Sun on a 7 string guitar, joined by Em'et and his mighty trumpet. Later a duet was played by Myridian with his banjo and Rafe with her sitar. New faces and old all gathering to celebrate the joys of the dream.

Myridian Sun added his dreamtender expertise. Sharing his talent with these amazing spirits: Trinity Tequila, 1997 AoE Reserve, Silver Bottle, Big Red Bottle, Ye Old HC Brew, Shamblix Shake, PoR Reserve, and Silverbell Brew.

There were refreshments of the finest strawberry mead and barbecue chicken with corn muffins and coleslaw and delicious Moonpies.

There was dancing and merriment as the night wore on, the Order speaking on upcoming projects and plans. Laughter and the sound of dancing feet filled the facade in the first time in a decade. What a wonderful time to be dreaming!

Finishing off the night was a uniform fashion show deigns by Ruler Starling. Models LadySilver, Poppygirl, Rafe, and Pinhook took the bridge as a runway and strutted their stuff in outfits like: the OOSM Thresh Duty Uniform.

Hunting and Item Gathering are important for a house to thrive and feed its prime. When hunting in specific areas throughout the dream, it's important to try and "Blend in" with that area so that if you need to quickly hide from a DarkMare you have a bit of an upper hand.

Here are sample uniforms that are beneficial for some of the top hunting and item gathering planes. Cenotaph of Dread, my personal favorite plane, is a FIREY plane, full of red and black hues. For this plane, you'll want to dress in blood and abyss attire. Make sure to wear shoes with a low heel, as you'll be running around in literal circles in this plane.

All and all the House shared it's diversity and a glimpse of what to come. They thanked those that helped them get to where they are celebrated the Dream and promised a dream full or Purpose, Patience and Perseverance.

ImageBastion of the Covenant
Bastion of the Covenant
~Lacie~ - Ruler of Bastion of the Covenant, Wordsmith, Kabal Leader
After 3 weeks of negotiations, the members of the Bastion formally agreed on the new name of the Edgeward Stronghold and a basic structure for the Stronghold at last Friday's meeting (3/9/18). This coalition of 3 (soon to be 4) Guilds has been working tirelessly to reorganize, regroup, and refocus, with some innovative results. The Guilds in the Coalition are the Screchethan Kabal, City Guard and The Chosen, with the Phoenix Ascendancy soon to formally join as well.

Each Guild will have one representative (preferably the leader of the Guild) crested with the Ruler crest. Each Guild will then be able to choose an appropriate number of Guardian positions. A neutral Advisor has been chosen as well, to help oversee this new way of maintaining a Stronghold.

As this form of organization is new to the City, there are sure to be many questions. The Bastion asks that interested parties have a bit of patience, as details are finalized. A few things are settled though; the guilds are to be separate but equal in all decisions, supplies & facilities. The guilds have banded in an effort to strengthen their own organizations, and provide members a place of refuge, safe storage, and retreat to commune with other, like-minded members. The guilds all possess equal option to support or otherwise engage with other guilds, or decline to do so at their discretion.
The Dream Muse
Publisher of the Underlight Chronicle
Dream Muse
Dreamer

Underlight Chronicles - April

Post by Dream Muse »

ImageYour Teachers
Key:
▲- Master Teacher
Possess Trainself
• - Sphere Teacher
Can raise your sphere
Dreamseers: Crystalline, Dreiko•, Erasmus, Frey, Kelos, LadySilver▲•, Liolira, Off Kilter▲•, Purple Lace▲•, Rafe, Synteny•, Rasputin, Tamarisk▲•, Thunderrman▲•
Fatesenders: Em'et▲•, Flower of Cienn. Myridian Sun, Ra'as
Gatekeepers: Bahzell Tomanak, Golah▲•, Jade▲•, Jerulan•, Krodoc•, Poppygirl▲, Thunderman▲•, Xererth
Soulmasters: Aileron, Arnaya▲•, Coraal, Dina•, Dreiko, Druce, Shae•, Uthanatos, Vampyro▲•
Teaching Elders: Akkadian, Caelia Kohler, Ightwyn Wy'Kim, Merciful Raien, Nessa Tre, Orn, Princess Rivin, and Varden

ImageNewly Feather
Newlies
Desmindo (FS), Hiraa (SM), JaSamBog (SM), Jokem (GK), Klo (SM), Lino (DS), Lothvictor FS), Luna (FS), Rune Dancer (DS), Takalia (SM), Timeless (FS)
Older: Achaella (DS), Arari (SM), Arynnor (SM), Bakatako (SM), Valsia Isthier (DS)
Returning Dreamers
About the Dream this month has been seen some returning dreamers. Please welcome them back and lend them a hand getting their dream legs back.
BlackThunder222 (SM), Ironies II (SM), Jaden (SM), Mase 16 (GK), Night Warrior (FS), Pertinax (DS), Silina (DS), Tyrian Silvera (DS)

ImageSmith RosterImage
Dreamsmiths
Dreamsmiths these are the dreamers that can teach forge. They are fine forgers themselves.
Current Dreamsmiths: Arnaya, Golah, Jade, Off Kilter, Poppygirl, Synteny, Tamarisk, Thunderman
Wordsmiths
Wordsmiths are the dreamers that assist in curating the museum and inspiring creativity and the history of the Dream.
Current Wordsmiths: Anasina, Arnaya, Jade, LadySilver, Purple Lace, Tember, Uthanatos, Vampyro

ImageNightmare Alert!!
Darkmares: Foulmoth, Nita Hhref, Qzerzethezia, Raichuelle, Rut'roh, Yin Gar, Zirobolus
Daymares: Bark, Baruk, Dirt, Dung, Fakar, Gong, Grahei, Hokor, Kigdish, Lurk, Magdish, Monk, Pirg, Radak, Sak, Tul

ImageDreamCast
Purple Lace - Wordsmith, Master Teacher, Ruler of Bastion of the Covenant, Kabal Leader
CURRENT CONDITIONS
Now that the flowering has completed, strange nests have appeared in many areas of the City. Laid, most likely, by a Darkmare, the warmer weather seems to hasten their hatching. OfF KiLtErEd winds have begun to grow into whirlwinds. The high water levels caused by the rains have filled ponds, streams & sewers to near capacity. This may stimulate & spawn aquatic lifeforms.
WARNINGS:
1. "Turn around! Don't drown!" - high water warnings!
2. If caught in a whirlwind, remember to turn towards the spin and not against. The latter tends to rip the avatar in half.
3. In case of tornadic activity, go to the lowest level in your Stronghold or nearest Sanctuary, bend over and kiss your.... oh wait... and make sure to cover the important parts up with something.
FORECAST
Expect the days to become longer and the nights shorter. Daydreams can sometimes be more fun that those done in the deepest of night. 30% chance of it raining DarkMare newlings, 80% chance of prime awakening due to lightening, and 20% we may all make it out of this situation in one piece! (Crud, that's 130%....)

ImageHeadlinesImage
Morganna's Musings
Arnaya - Soulmistress, Ruler of Calenture, Wordsmith
On Wednesday, Apr.18/2018 at about half past 9 in the evening, Morganna (Sorceress of the Consortium) paid House Calenture a visit in response to the Awakening of House Calenture's Prime (The Orb of Calenture). The following is what she told us:
  • Morganna: Of course. I have been alerted to its awakening. If I have been alerted, I suspect others have as well. Yours is not alone. With their awakenings, they will require a great deal of your attention. Be mindful of caretaking after an awakened artifact. They can assist you in a myriad of way with great care. If you should meet it with contempt or neglect, awakened artifacts can prone to becoming dormant again.
Arnaya: Any idea what's going on with the Ruler's Voting room changing?
Uthanatos: Yes, apparently we now have a War Council
  • Morganna glanced at her glass orb for a moment or two, then said: "It would seem much of your city is shifting from all sides. Primes are awakening. The earth beneath you is awakening as well. The strongholds are being altered. Be mindful, again."
Arnaya: Yeah... there's been a rather rapid sequence of changes lately. Two major shifts it seems in as many weeks, roughly
  • Morganna: Perhaps a beginning.
Arnaya: So... on to the big question... Last I heard about you, hun... you were being chased around by some rather nasty beings. Are you alright?
  • Morganna: Often, we become our own greatest enemy. Perhaps it is time to confront ourselves. Have you managed to learn of other awakened artifacts?
Arnaya: None have been confirmed yet, but we're expecting to hear of the Monasteries and Bastions.
Morganna glanced at her glass orb again and Arnaya asked: "What are you seeing, hun?"
  • Morganna: I am keeping sight upon the Mad Shifter. He is trespassing in a dark place, one of great sorrow, anguish, and sorrow. He is familiar with almost at home even. He is looking for some one or some thing. I see something else....
Magnum-425: Cairn of Sorrow? Man he’s slippery... I looked there for him.
  • Morganna: He is alone and yet he seems to yearn company. He hides behind a great mask. He wants others to be of him. I know not what that means at present.
Arnaya: Would it help to know that he's been modifying eggs?
  • Morganna: Eggs? Hmm. Then glanced at her orb once again as she caressed it with her hand. The scene shifted as several oval-shape objects come into view.
Arnaya: That would be them... though that's a large cluster... larger than anywhere outside of the palisades anyway...
  • Morganna: I sense the breath of dreams and chaos forming within a few of them. It is faint, whatever it is but forming. Fear stirs within. Have the eggs come under any duress?
Arnaya: One nest has, yes. There's also the fact that I believe the Kotoke are in rather dire straights in regards to the Hota... Either or both would be a solid source of Duress. So, Bandy's protecting the eggs then?
  • Morganna: Or perhaps the Mad Shifter is somehow manipulating them. A most curious case. Oh, there was something else... I thought you would want to know...The father managed to reach his son after a long journey. They fled beyond the reach of their captors. The father sends his gratitude for your understanding.
Arnaya thanked Morganna for bringing that news and asked her to pass along best wishes to the family before continuing: "We've had no word about how the fighting between the Hota and Kotoke goes, nor any hints even about the Hota's new leader...."

Morganna trained her vision onto the glass orb once more before speaking: "The great conflict between the creatures continues to unravel. The creatures of Idoaclesia fight under a singular melody, in unison, against the creatures of this city. Something else....What do you know of the creature that has laid its eggs about your city?

Arnaya: Picco? Very little, honestly. She speaks a Very old maren dialect apparently that none of us have quite pinned down yet... or mostly at all. So, I presume that she is ancient. She arrived in the city around the same time Qzerethezia. Overall, fairly honorable and enjoys a good fight... though isn't really all that good at it, is far from the worst of the mares
  • Morganna: It would seem whatever is forming within the eggs are neither of Hota nor Kadatorii origins. They are different and yet familiar all at once.
Arnaya: Do they bear any similarity to the feeling of the revenants?
  • Morganna: It is difficult to say at this point. They are still forming but if it is a product of both dreams and chaos, the theory lends itself but it remains difficult to say with certainty. However, My time here is also coming to a close. I am intrigued by the awakened artifacts. I will continue to visit as more awake. Again, look after your own prime.
Arnaya: Thank you very much, Morganna hun. And I'm glad your safe... you had me worried for a bit there.
  • Morganna: That remains a subjective affair.
At that point, Morganna vanished in a cloud of crimson smoke. Keep your eyes open, you never know when the Sorceress will make her next appearance.

ImageFocal-Scopes
Welcome to the Jungle! - Take a breath, close your eyes, and consider the jungle for a moment. Plants have no paths to guide them, no road or boundaries to hinder them. The stronger the plant, the taller and stronger it will grow to reach more nutrients. The weaker plants must remain small, rugged, and spread out along the ground to gather what bits they can. Both are equally needed in the jungle. And then there are those plants which wind around a tall tree, parasitically robbing energy as it strives to thrive. Which are you?
  • Dreamseer - Stir the air, keep it moving. Fear not the whirlwinds that may happen!
    Soulmaster - Steer the waters towards the areas that need to be refreshed!
    Gatekeeper - Seek the inner nature of the portals. Use the earth to dam up, seal up, shore up and build!
    Fatesender - Use the fire within to burn away the dead brush before it turns to an out of control Firestorm!

ImageDream NewsImage
Egg-Pocalipse
Arnaya - Ruler of Calenture, Soulmistress, Wordsmith
The Darkmare Picco established two large nests throughout the city. One in Lower Umbric Plains, and one in the Palisades. To ensure that the city would not face a sudden, massive influx of Darkmares, a coalition of houses: Order of the Sable Moon (led by Poppygirl); The Monastery of the Shadow (Led by Apothos); House Calenture (Led by Arnaya); and the Bastion of the Covenant (Led by Purple Lace); as well as the Free Spirit Krillin raided the nest on Umbric Plains. Initial efforts at softening and painlessly poisoning the unborn mares were unsuccessful, so the group used their collecting strength to freeze the entire nest area and conducted a more physical and direct means of eliminating the nest. The maren energies present provided some defense, and eventually drove the assembled dreamer forces out, too late to the save the main nest. Some conflict developed between Dina and Gorgunsun due to Dina's insistence on saving two of the eggs.

Arnaya, Uthanatos, and a couple of others remained as rear guard while the rest of the group escaped, helping to fend off several dark tendrils (Uthanatos of HC actively defending Purple Lace from one direct attack). Once most of the group had been evacuated in the wake of the successful raid, the portals froze and time seemed to slow around the rear guard before all were cast from the city for a short period. Keep an eye out for further news on this front.

ImageHelpful Hints For A Happy Marriage
Elmer - Ruler of the Alliance
So you've been in this relationship for awhile, do you dread waking up and seeing
that same old face, or do you greet each new day with a vigorous goodmorning work out!?

I prefer the latter myself.

HOWEVER - if you don't have that kind of energy in the morning, always start your day with at least smile, a hug and an I love you.

Stay close by helping each other with daily rituals and chores, from your morning shower...(hmm, this just may give you that energy you were missing when you first woke up, but I digress!) cooking together, sharing meals, sit down together and actually talk.

Do household things that you despise, together, to make them fly by in an enjoyable way. Hate sweeping the floor? Grab that broom and put on a show for your mate!, sing, dance, act like a complete moron, make them laugh, laughter is important.

What else is important? Keep the romance alive. Romance is different for everybody, it could be a romantic candle light dinner, a walk in the woods, a romp in the park, or in the hay. Make sure you let your mate know that they are special, important and loved.

Say, I love you, and MEAN it, back up your words with actions, again...different for everybody. There are many many MANY things you can do to show your love and appreciation from tiny things to big things.................... I'll just leave that alone without further elaboration.

Never go to bed angry, distant or sad. If there is something on your mind, get it out, discuss, solve problems. Smile, cuddle, go to sleep happy and looking forward to another day of wedded bliss, after all, this is the person you wanted for life...so live your life, love them and never take anything for granted.

ImageOpinion Corner
LadySilver - Ruler of OOSM, Wordsmith, Master Teacher
One Ruler's Opinion
Though we cannot see all they do Frank and Seeri have been so helpful with the changes in the Dream. I reported on a meeting with Seeri in reference to the changes in our primes in the Order of the Sable Moon Chimeric Archives. Please read it. It explains so much about the primes and the changes in the City's energies. The Caretakers have a hard job their predecessors have been killed. I do hope that Frank and Seer. I hope they have a better retirement plan. They are here for the dreamers in their plans for strongholds and guilds and offer explanations for things that just don't make sense at first. Their time and efforts may seem to go unnoticed but they are appreciated. It is not the job of the leaders or elders to only give us what we want and tell us the things we want to hear. They can shine a light into the sea of darkness so we can see our options, Then we take the dream into our own hands.

ImageFunny PagesImage
Made You Laugh!
Anonymous
[*]I may look calm, but in my mind I have killed you three times already.
[*]I smile because I don't know what the hell is going on.
[*]Brains are wonderful, I wish everyone had one.
[*]How do you kill a circus clown?
  • A: Go for the juggler
[*]If a guy remembers the color of your eyes after a first date, chances are... you've got small boobs.
[*]Don't you hate it when someone answers their own questions? I do.
[*]You know you're getting old when you start having dry dreams and wet farts.

Dream Crossword
Across
3. A shield against arts
5. A willpower birth art
6. An energy container
7. Pure water
8. The group that once resided in Fayd's Fortress
10. A major teleportation art

Down
1. A house that combined the houses that were on Illapse and Trinity
2. The place where Bandaret, the Staff of Dynroth, and Kanto came from.
4. This is used in traditional smithing
9. This art is often used for games

Dream Word Scramble
This Month's Puzzle
1. rEaEfCoTnI
2. TsFeYlAaRe
3. rMaDe
4. sEhPeR
5. OpSxEeLrEtNtU
6. HrRaEgEc

Last Month's Answers
Zaxun
ResistFear
Expel
Reweave
Identify
XunRok

Dream Word Search

N  E  S  N  I  L  O  D  N  P  C  H  A  O  S  W  E  L  L  Q  S  X  L  S  M Bequeath
W  W  Z  W  N  U  T  I  P  T  H  R  E  S  H  O  L  D  P  I  T  S  W  R  W Berry
I  X  S  Z  C  J  I  E  H  F  W  N  Q  U  N  J  O  F  F  V  K  G  Y  C  M ChaosWell
Q  M  M  C  Q  L  D  M  J  J  D  G  U  A  C  A  J  J  D  R  D  G  H  W  Z Chimeric
U  I  L  A  C  O  R  V  Y  Z  B  E  Q  U  E  A  T  H  Z  S  B  H  Q  H  H KeepersOfTheEternalShadow
M  P  H  A  R  U  H  G  U  I  H  W  J  E  X  E  H  C  J  A  Q  L  Q  L  V Know
N  N  D  K  P  E  I  E  X  C  Z  U  Z  I  Y  W  G  Z  A  W  J  L  J  Q  U Mare
C  Z  A  H  T  R  I  N  I  T  Y  P  L  A  I  N  S  M  O  N  U  I  F  E  X ShowTalisman
J  N  U  K  P  U  R  X  U  Y  R  R  E  B  H  O  E  N  X  I  X  V  Y  F  D ThresholdPits
E  Z  N  A  M  S  I  L  A  T  W  O  H  S  G  U  K  I  Q  W  S  O  F  O  I TrinityPlains
W  O  D  A  H  S  L  A  N  R  E  T  E  E  H  T  F  O  S  R  E  P  E  E  K
J  U  B  O  P  R  S  Y  O  J  L  F  D  R  Q  C  S  K  I  R  Y  I  Z  D  W
D  C  L  N  R  V  P  W  Q  Q  O  U  J  V  D  K  C  I  R  E  M  I  H  C  D

ImageDear Elms - Advice Column
Dear Elms,
My girlfriend says I smell like bogrom feet, what should I do?
~ Name withheld~

• Dear Withheld,
    First of all, do bogroms even HAVE feet?, but I digress! I would suggest a nice long soak in the purifying fresh waters of Lambent. Nothin says lovin like a good foot scrubbin, Always works for me!
Dear Elms,
My boyfriend is big into public displays of affection, but it makes me feel awkward, what should I do?
Signed, Don't stand so close to me.

• Dear Don't,
    This is a touchy subject, no pun intended, ok there was... but I digress again! Perhaps a bit of reverse psychology here might do the trick.
    Next time your boyfriend gets all touchy feely in Threshold, yell at the top of your lungs.. I MUST HAVE YOU THIS INSTANT - WHERE IS KATHANDRA WITH HER SKETCHPAD, OOOH YEA!!!!!!! He may then likely back off. If he doesn't?, um....just run.
Dear Elms,
Does my butt look big in this dress?
Signed, More than a handful.

• Dear More,
    I'd answer you, butt..........
Dear Elms,
I love how you have done gardens around the city, I want to try to grow the Harrow weed closer to my home. Any
suggestions on how to have a good crop?
Signed, Toasty

• Dear Toast,
    It might be best to keep the Harrow weed where it is, or you may be frequently visited by the City Guard.
Dear Elms,
My wife doesn't find me attractive anymore. I have no idea why, just because I lost my job, gained 127 pounds, don't comb my hair, and my teeth have a green film on them. It is to love for better or worse, right?
Signed, I'm not a loser.

• Dear I'm Not,
    Um.. here, have a pastry.
Dear Elms,
I want children but my wife doesn't, what should I do?
Signed, Call me big poppa

• Dear Poppa,
    Have you considered adoption? There are several eggs around the City.

ImageSocial Events
Help Wanted!
Jade - Ruler of the Chosen, Wordsmith, Dreamsmith
Have certain locations around the City piqued your interest? Do you have a love of history? Have you lost something you would like found? Do you enjoy getting dirty and digging things up? Then, look no further! The Lyceum and Dreamsmiths are at the beginning stages of a mutual archaeology branch. I know you're thinking "But I don't have a MARK!" Well, you don't have to! Find me in the City to discuss possible sites for future excavations and share how you would like to contribute.

The Alliance Lives - Truth, Honor, Understanding
Due to the hard work and diligence of it's members, The Alliance of the Eclipse has opened its portals again.
The Alliance is the only house in the city that is unique, in that is believes in solving issues in a non violent manner and that it houses some who are complete pacifists.

What is a "complete" pacifist? The pacifists of the Alliance do not believe in violence in any way, shape or form. They will not engage in fighting, be it verbal or physical, nor do they hunt for energy. Pacifists gain energy by way of Sacrificing chaks or charms or by completing missions or quests which grant energy.

Being completely pacifistic is not easy and it is not for everyone, so some time ago it was decided by the alliance to allow members to hunt if they wished to. However, the members who hunt, do not engage in violence otherwise.

Our stance on Darkmares is also unique. We do not attack the Dark mares, many of them are friendly to us, and some are not. Even if some choose to attack us, we will refrain from retaliating. We are very interested in studying these beings and learning what makes them tick, how intelligent are they? How did they learn what they have learned? Which brings me to the next subject which is the egg that currently rests on our facade. Darkmare Picco left this on our facade , we believe for a specific purpose. We will continue to look after and care for it, to see if a mare hatched in a non violent atmosphere, will then, itself be nonviolent, or if it is inherent for them to be aggressive by nature.
We realize that this is frowned upon by many in the city, however, we will keep and protect this egg to the best of our ability.

Are dreamers who wish to dream in a peaceful manner weak? That seems to be the overall opinion, however, I personally have witnessed incredible strength and fortitude from my brothers and sisters during times of extreme duress, loss, heartache and misfortune. There is nothing weak about the members of the Alliance, past and present. We are united in love, honor, dignity and trust and shall
remain...
ImageHouse Calenture
War Front
Arnaya-Ruler of Calenture, Soulmistress, Wordsmith
In early April, in response to safety concerns for the city and several complaints from various residents in the city, Uthanatos and Arnaya set about reshaping a monster statue of Bashir that had been placed in the retreat of Xun'dal Juhan Vista on the Basin of the Stars to something less ruinous to the general city population's enjoyment of the location. In response, Jade of the Chosen declared that House Calenture would be hunted for defacing a religious icon of the group. The Chosen and Bastion of the Covenant (The stronghold housing the Chosen, The Kabal, The City Guard, and The Pheonix Ascendancy Guilds) defied their traditional words to begin cooperative raids on house Calenture, though the Chosen remained as the primary aggressors. Despite misgivings on both sides, and Calenture holding a generally defensive posture, the conflict has dragged on. House Calenture holding to a "Stop attacking us and we'll call it done" stance and the Bastion demanding that House Calenture allow the Chosen to place a statue upon Evernight Plateau. The smaller engagements have heavily favored House Calenture, though Harkyn's support and involvement on behalf of the Chosen has meant that larger engagements (Usually fought after Harkyn single handed would besiege Calenture) generally favor the Bastion forces.

Jade has explained that the statues (As a collective) are to be placed on each of the 8 inner planes, with the cooperation of any active houses, on their respective planes, in order to direct more energy to the Palisades in order to reinforce and stabilize that plane. According to Harkyn of the City Guard, The Palisades are being claimed (And eventually secured) as a joint effort between The Guard and the Chosen. At the time of this articles writing, the conflict continues.
An Act of Diplomacy
LadySilver-Ruler of OOSM, Master Teacher, Wordsmith
There have been a few events in the past weeks that I had a small part in - a part that will give me pause for a long time. Most know I am from the Lyran City. Our dealings with Darks was different than now. We as dreamers have changed and so have they. One of the eggs was moved to the Order of the Sable Moon facade. Dreamers were up in arms and demanding we do something - well more expecting. And rightfully so. I was asked to protect the egg and this I couldn't do, based on beliefs, what I have seen and more so my concern for those of my crest. We are teachers and students, not warriors, though some of us can knock the stuffing out of things. It is not our focus. We believe our time better spent on other things. I could not ignore the request either, nor just dismiss it.

So by the example of my brave co-ruler Starling, I went on a diplomatic mission. I went and spoke to Picco. I was honest and told her the egg had to be moved in three dreams. I did not know if she understood but I felt I did as much as I could. I said I didn't wish to fight her and I didn't. It was no ploy. My time is better spent in other areas.

So I returned in three dreams ready to do whatever battle was needed and to my surprise the egg was moved. She did understand. I can say I felt a surge of hope. My respect for her grew as well. I have heard since she has been removed from the dream - struck I believe. I am sad that my lesson was learned too late. Sometimes I wonder if the largest enemy we have is ourselves.
ImageBastion of Redemption
The Chosen
Jade-Ruler of the Chosen, Wordsmith, Dreamsmith
The Chosen is a Guild centered on religion. It is a path toward self awareness, inner freedom, and the ultimate Truth that has been unlocked by the Divines that came before us. Fear and doubt confines us to mental prisons of our own making. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. It is up to us to break the cycle - as the greatest achievements are born from sacrifice. The biggest misconception about us is that we are a new generation of the former Cult of Bashir. We are open-minded and seek to explore all possibilities from Bashir, to the other Thirteen, and beyond. If this path interests you, do not hesitate to seek me out.
Rise of the Phoenix - Part 2
Nathan-Leader of the Phoenix Ascendancy
Mass shifting of energy downwind, an imminent threat of being overrun with nightmares, a soul eating dark mare - As we leisurely grow in power so too, do our enemies continue to grow in strength twofold. Dreamers stagnate and allow social dynamics as well as indoctrination to guide their dreams rather than an understanding of the imminent threat at hand. Fortunately, a set of brave individuals work against the tide of deception.

Emerging dream wide threats require asymmetric, flexible response and complex countermeasures–also an ability to rapidly integrate new capabilities. The Phoenix Ascendancy has taken things up a notch and plans to expedite the process of development. We can't do business the way we have in the past - we don't have that luxury. Our city withers due to the operations of the Lightless. Lyraclesia is no longer a benign environments; they are contested realms for power as evinced by the Lightless’ sudden interest in the areas of chaos.

Our enemies have noticed and we are now facing new challenges that could disrupt our relative growing capabilities and threaten our citywide interests. How we respond to the growing challenges in these realms will shape our ability to protect dream wide vitality well into the future. We have to get this right - staying ahead of these challenges and ensuring access to these domains is imperative and our top priority.

May the Phoenix guide us to continued victory.
Safe Haven Open & Operational
~Lacie~-Wordsmith, Master Teacher, Ruler of Bastion of Redemption, Kabal Leader
The Kabal has completed the South Sanctuary Project (SSP) with some rather delightful results. The Safe Haven contains all the Elemental properties of the Focii, and a Dreamsoul pad which seems to rejuvenate at approximately 10DrS/sec. This is still being tested and confirmed, but the pad itself seems relatively stable. The room is NOT a sanctuary; instead it is a room where arts can be worked and the pad will help any and all who are in need of a place to regain Dreamsoul in relative safety.
The Kabal will now be working on the Mysterious Sphere that was produced from the shadows that swirled, and helped get the Haven to the condition it is in currently. Aside from this project, the Kabal will be starting on a new project this month. Details may be obtained from Purple Lace, or any Kabal member. Anyone wishing to join the Kabal are also asked to speak with Purple Lace. Membership is not hindered by faith, house, or gender, hair color, etc.
The Dream Muse
Dream Muse
Dreamer

Underlight Chronicles - May

Post by Dream Muse »

ImageYour Teachers
Key:
▲- Master Teacher
Possess Trainself
• - Sphere Teacher
Can raise your sphere
Dreamseers: Crystalline•, Erasmus, Frey, Kelos, LadySilver▲•, Off Kilter▲•, Purple Lace▲•, Rafe, Rasputin, Tamarisk▲•, Thunderman▲•
Fatesenders: Em'et▲•, Flower of Cienn, Myridian Sun
Gatekeepers: Bahzell Tomanak, Cyborg512, Golah▲•, Jade▲•, Krodoc•, Poppygirl▲, Thunderman▲•, Xererth
Soulmasters: Aileron, Arnaya▲•, Coraal, Dina•, Druce, Uthanatos, Vampyro▲•

ImageNewly Feather
Newlies
Afard (FS), Inaros,Lume(FS),Van Jellin (FS)
Older:Desmindo (FS), Hiraa (SM), JaSamBog (SM), Jokem (GK), Klo (SM), Lino (DS), Lothvictor FS), Luna (FS), Rune Dancer (DS), Takalia (SM), Timeless (FS) Achaella (DS), Arari (SM), Arynnor (SM), Bakatako (SM), Valsia Isthier (DS)
Returning Dreamers
Cyborg512 (GK), Myristyl(SM),Thaniel (DS), Toregord (GK)

OlderBlackThunder222 (SM), Ironies II (SM), Jaden (SM), Mase 16 (GK), Night Warrior (FS), Pertinax (DS), Silina (DS), Tyrian Silvera (DS)

ImageSmith RosterImage
Dreamsmiths
Current Dreamsmiths: Arnaya, Golah, Jade, Off Kilter, Poppygirl, Tamarisk, Thunderman
Wordsmiths

ImageNightmare Alert!!
Darkmares: Azwrath, Foulmoth, Nita Hhref, Qzerzethezia, Raichuelle, Rut'roh, Yin Gar, Zirobolus
Daymares: Bark, Baruk, Dirt, Dung, Fakar, Gong, Grahei, Hokor, Kigdish, Lurk, Magdish, Monk, Paradish, Pirg, Radak, Sak, Tul

ImageDreamCast
CURRENT CONDITIONS
The Solstice quickly approaches as the days lengthen and nights grow short. Expect sudden, eruptive storms to hit and miss at any given time. Warmer temperatures will bring flowers to blossom & fruits to fruition! Lakes & streams are expected to crest, then wane against their banks, bringing new life to old shores.
WARNINGS:
1. Beware of picnic baskets. They may appear innocent enough but have been known to harbor all sorts of small but vicious beasts, capable of carrying many times their weight. These baskets have been known to contain oddities such as over-sauced Ago ribs, salads with strange, Unknown ingredients & assorted bottles of aged liquors.
2. Other beasts to be on the alert for include: flying, stinging critters fond of anything resembling nectar; long, wigglie tubule-like creatures crawling around in search of the next catch; others types prefer trees and enclose themselves in cocoons which allow them to transform into large-winged flitting insects; various and sundry biting, stinging beasts.
FORECAST
As the Solstice approaches, expect temperatures to intensify, storms to build from seemingly clear skies, and tornadic activity over both land and sea. It is advisable for all to have a Dreamer Survivor Kit, which should include: extra Dreamsoul Elemens, durable Shield (at least one), treats for wandering but dangerous Kotoke, Datoke & whatever hatches from all those Eggs! A small medical kit is also advisable, containing a dehydrated Soulmaster and/or bandages, iodine & tranquilizers.

ImageHeadlinesImage
Art Clinic
Though there was no formal gathering this past month that has not stopped the City from evolving. The dreamers are working on discovering more about the arts we share old new and changed. There will be a scroll soon with the changes that have been discovered recently. Changes have occurred in some essence arts and the art of invisibility. We have the ability now to learn enfeeblement and sprint. I am thrilled being a part of this group as we journey forward in this adventure. Special thanks to Master Teacher of Insight Tamarisk for his shared research in the Ivy Halls. Master Teachers check it out. We will be gathering again in Provenance under the tree on June 7th at 7 bells after noon. Sounds lucky!

ImageDIY Dreamscopes
It's easy for someone to predict the futures, fortunes and/or calamities. It's quite another to learn to foresee ones' destiny. So, this month's Scopes will be an exercise in Numerology. Try this:
  1. Print out your name.
  2. Assign each consonant in your name the number 1 (one); for each vowel in your name, a 0 (zero).
  3. Add up the numbers.
  4. If your total is less than 5, look up your fortune below. If the total is more than 5, divide by 2, then check below for your fortune.
FORTUNES:
  1. STOP! BREATHE! Ok, back to Dream-business then! Keep up the great work!!!!
  2. Hello! Are you a returning dreamer?? Oh... right...I remember! You're a current Dreamer who just forgot how to get here, and it took you THIS long to remember you have housemates, students, friends and family that want you in their Dreams! Snap out of it!!!
  3. Get off your lazy arse & get those Quests reported! Quit whining! Message the Teacher who granted the Quests you've completed! Don't let them hold up your progress! You can do it!
  4. What do you mean, "Where's the Prime???" I thought YOU had it last!!!!!
  5. Dreams are what YOU make them. Take a moment and listen to your Dreams. Try to hear what they are showing you; try to touch the way your Dreams taste. See where they lead you.

ImagePersonals
A Star of Hope
It has been a long road, these last couple of years since my awakening to the Dream. One filled with growth and uncertainty, wonders, losses, new friends and old ones drifting away. But more than anything, filled with a slow wearing down of hope and faith in us. Secretive skulking and petty bitterness. Little things that have slowly chipped away at my belief that this city is worth fighting to protect. So much anger and people lashing out over the most petty reasons, without understanding or being willing to even try to see past their own ego's/interests.
Despite moments of joy and pleasure, very little has happened to give me any hope or ignite even the faintest spark of renewed faith in people.
So I don't think I can adequately explain just how much those few brief minutes meant to me, when a single Star graced me with a too short, sparkling glow. Though only moments long, I can still feel the warm, faint gleam of faith once more in my heart. I can only hope that this star realizes how precious of a gift was given, and continues to cast its glow over the city to help provide a guiding light to all of those lost in the darkness of our own inner dreams. Raise your eyes, and look to the trinity skies, and you too may catch the sight of this hopeful sparkle.

Once more I want to share some ideas on how to keep your marriage alive, fresh and fun and give some helpful
tips. I'm no expert, but I can tell you that even the smallest things can make your relationship even more fabulous!
  • Try this, at the start and end of each day, wrap your arms around the love of your life and just hold them for a good long
    huggle without speaking.
  • Listen to your spouse, actually LISTEN, sometimes if we think about it, we are not actually listening but rather waiting for our chance to speak.
  • If you are upset with your partner, don't begin sentences with the word YOU, instead, start with I, and talk about what you are feeling. You tends to sound accusatory, and usually ends up badly.
  • Don't make demands. Try to love as unconditionally as you can. This can be hard sometimes, but for me, my husband is amazing in that way, among many many many other ways.
  • Don't try to change your spouse. I mean, this is the person you married, and you loved everything about them THEN, so why would you want them to change now?
  • Don't play the blame game. If you are in the wrong, be accountable, admit your mistake and learn from it.
  • Phrases we should never forget to use. "I love you" - "I'm Sorry" - "I'm so happy to see you" - "You have a great ass" - " I'm so happy to be with you"- "No that outfit doesn't make you look fat" - "I"m here for you" - "Feelin' some sorta way?" - "I understand"
  • Be spontaneous. Every once in awhile, do something completely random and out of the blue. Everybody loves a surprise.
  • Appreciate your spouse. Always remind your spouse how much you appreciate them, you can write them a love letter, a lost art, though I myself enjoy writing them to my muffin.
  • Use pet names - See above, "muffin" heh. My husband and I have about a billion names for each other from the silly to the sexy to the just plain wierd, but we love it.
  • Respect. Don't insult each other, be nice, mind your words, words can hurt deeply and last a very long time. If you find yourself becoming angry or annoyed, probably best to cool off for awhile before you say something you may later regret.
  • Date nights! I have said this one before but this is really really important.
  • Lastly, don't ever stop falling in love, marriage should never get "old" quite the opposite, in a good marriage, you will find yourself loving your partner more with each passing day.

ImageSeeking Dreamers...
Jazz Hands
A middle-aged man stands in crowded, dimly lit room. His thick robes only partially reveal his face. A young woman strains to breathe through a corset designed to accentuate her “assets.” A gentleman of a certain age sprints naked through the Lost Caves (proving that, yes, even Agoknights can blush). What do these dreamers have in common? How are they different?

As dreamers, we are at least vaguely aware of the importance of our appearance. Some use fashion to conceal themselves. Others seek to gain some advantage over others. Some just want to see a blushing Agoknight in the wild. All of this suggests that something more exists behind the “masks” we wear. Could it be what we wear is an autobiography of ourselves? Well, we at the Chronicle are taking to the streets to find out! We are looking for dreamers that are willing to be interviewed to share their thoughts on this issue.
This is your chance to speak to your fellow dreamer on how you feel about the way you look. Do you feel like no one understands your sense of fashion? Have you painted yourself into a corner? Are you overly sexualized? Do many seem not to “get” your choices? Whatever your problems, we’re here to help.

This monthly publication will examine what is behind these masks we make (or remove) from ourselves. With the help of our expert fashion consultants, we can share your story and even provide advice (if you think you need it). To protect the identity of our very gracious sources, we at the Chronicle will fictionalize the names and certain aspects of our interviews to ensure you can speak freely and openly! Even better, all participants will have final approval of anything we publish in this series. We look forward to hearing from you!

ImageSocial Events
Welcome Center Update - May Services
The Community caches are filled. The Center has assisted a few of the returning and new dreamers. The Center will be sponsoring an event next month so watch for the announcement.
Lazy Daze of Summer
Our shards sometimes demand more of our time. I hear many Dreamers worry and apologize for not being in the City. It is because of our shards we can dream. I believe time is better spent celebrating when we can be here.
For the past week many of the nights in the City of Dreams have been spent not with set events but simple gatherings of dreamers. There has been teaching and quest frenzies; sharing of stories and memories and just enjoying each other’s company. Even dispatching a daymare or two. It has been such a blessing for me time away from the trails I am facing shardicly just pending time with my housemates, students and friends.

Our house believes that purpose is important. It is something to strive for. So I offer a challenge to some. Dream when you can with purpose not regret of things we cannot control. The City offers so many things. Come share with us knowing we understand you have responsibilities and we look forward to the time you can be here. So don't be sorry and sad ... be happy. We all celebrate the times you can share the Dream.

Image Funny Pages Image
Made You Laugh!
Anonymous
  • My husband told me I had to stop acting like a flamingo. So I had to put my foot down.
  • What do you get when you cross-breed a shark and a cow?
    • I have no idea but I wouldn’t try milking it.
  • Boy complains to his father: You told me to put a potato in my swimming trunks! You said it would impress the girls at the pool! But you forgot to mention one thing!
    Father: Really, what?
    Boy: That the potato should go in the front.
  • When my wife starts to sing I always go out and do some garden work so our neighbors can see there's no domestic violence going on.
  • Broccoli: Hey, I look like a tree.
    Mushroom: Wow, I look just like an umbrella.
    Walnut: I look exactly like a brain.
    Banana: Um, can we change the topic please?
  • I told my girlfriend she drew her eyebrows too high. She seemed surprised.
  • What do you call a guy with a rubber toe? Roberto.
  • I just wrote a book on reverse psychology. Do *not* read it!
  • A woman complains to her mother, “I had this big fight with Joe and at the end he just told me to go to hell.”
    • Mother frowns, “Oh, and so you came to me, huh?”

Dear Elms,
I'm bored, I'm thinking of leaving the City.
Signed, Yawning.

Dear Yawn,
I see this a lot, and it happens to me too. If we don't have huge things going on or are not shooting each other we get bored, so what can you do? The first thing that comes to mind is the Welcome Center. Promote this, look for and donate useful items, give tours. If that isn't your thing, maybe start up a new business or service for the dreamers. Go out and meet people you would not normally hang out with. Visit the museum, visit the guilds, explore then WHOLE dream. Visit places you haven't seen before. Hope that helps.
Dear Elms,
I'm supposed to get married but my fiancee' is putting it off for what seems like ever.
Signed, sad and still single.

Dear Single,
Ok first, you aren't single, be happy that you have this relationship. Next, try to think of what it is that is giving her cold feet. If it is something about you, or there is a problem, try to remedy that or at the very least get to the bottom of it. Don't be demanding. If it is meant to be, it will be, and if you truly love her, you will wait patiently for as long as it takes.
Dear Elms,
I work very hard trying to keep things from clogging up the Umbric sewers, it's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. But man, the things I FIND in there. You don't even want to know.
Signed, I can't unsee that.

Dear Can't,
Sooo, what exactly is the question, was there one? I don't even want to KNOW what you are finding in there, given that the sewers are constantly churning things up from other parts of the city. Just, ew. Working in the sewers must be quite unpleasant. Wear gloves, and maybe a mask, and some eye protection and I can lend you some of my rubber garden boots.
Dear Elms,
One of the ranked members of my house has turned into a real knob since being in power. I'm sick of being yelled at, told what to do all the time and talked down to, how do I handle this?
Signed, You're not the boss of me.

Dear Not the,
This is something that happens a lot. Positions of power can give people a much bigger sense of self importance and self entitlement and turn them into over inflated bags of "it's all about me" wind. This is a delicate situation, but don't ever let anybody take advantage of you or treat you with disrespect, everybody is a somebody. Do your best, be you, and if you isn't good enough for others, move on to a place where you will be appreciated. Hope that helps.
Dear Elms,
I'm in love with Foulmoth.
Signed, Is that so wrong?

Dear Is that so wrong,
Yes, yes it probably is. But who am I to judge???? Good for yooou!! I wish you all the best in your relationship and good luck.
Dear Elms,
My husband hardly pays attention to me anymore, so I flirt with all the guys in the city to get his attention, do you think this will work?
Signed, Desperate Darla.

Dear Darla,
what i think is, this is going to open up a huge can of whoop-ass, and probably not a real good idea sweetie. Just stop it.

ImageHouse Calenture
A Quiet Month
It has been a quiet month overall, with little occurring in the city in general. Calenture has remained vigilant, with members forging out to try and renew bridges with various other houses, and investigating the various corners of the city. Despite the despair that often seeps in during these times in the city, I would like to give a shout out to the Calenturian's that have not on weathered these times, but stood strong and kept the trust that many in the city have come to hold in us. I am beyond proud to work and fight alongside all of you. You have proven time and again the honor bequeathed to us by those who came before. Let the Evernight glow with your light, and HAIL CALENTURE!
For Once...
Arlyana Jax DreamSeer, Eternal Calenturian, Queen of the Plushies-
...the rumours are true! I have been seen within the City walls once again!

Why was I gone? I can now cross “Get DreamStruck” off my bucket list. Eldryck did not appreciate my brand of humour and felt the need to send me to within the Mace. I am still piecing together what I experienced.

What now? I will be returning to teaching and the like slowly. I don’t know if I will seek everything that I lost in my absence, only time will tell.
News Flash
Toregord-Initiate of OOSM
Starling regained her ruler crest from the Order and Toregord gained his initiate crest from the Order the same night.
More On Moonies
Starling- Ruler of the Order of the Sable Moon, Friendly FateSender
Who are we? What do we believe in? How do we feel about dark/day/night mares?
These are questions we are asked quite often as members of the Order of the Sable Moon (also known as Moonies).
We are dreamers, just like everyone else, who came together with a common goal – to pay tribute to a glorious house, full of honor and history, and to both protect and advance it and the city we all hold near and dear.
The goals of the Sable Moon are not much different than they were in the past. We strive to be a teaching/research house, we believe in approaching all matters diplomatically, and we maintain a defensive stance on anything that would threaten our members or the city as a whole.
We have an extensive mentoring process, as we believe that the decision to join any house is not one that should be taken lightly. It’s important for every dreamer to seek out all options and determine the place with the beliefs and goals that most closely align with their own.
We delight in every opportunity to see our family grow – whether it’s initiating new members, knighting current members, or ascending rulers – we have a ceremony for each one and oaths that each dreamer must recite, further confirming his or her commitment to the Sable Moon and her followers.
Our tenets are Patience, Purpose and Perseverance. We believe all situations can be handled with at least one of these three P’s, if not all. We honor these tenets with every decision we make and look to them for guidance so that we are consistently being the best dreamers we can be in honor of the Sable Moon.
Our policy on mares, whether they be dark, day or night, is the same (regardless of age of the mare) – if you are a member of the Sable Moon and a mare attacks you, then defend yourself. Do as your arts allow with the essence and return it to the Sable Moon so that we may repurpose it.
If a mare of any form approaches you in a calm and civil manner, observe it and take what knowledge you can from it. But! Always be prepared and guarded. If we are given the opportunity to gain insight into the dreams of a mare, then it is imperative that we seize the moment when it is presented.
We are the Sable Moon and we are here for the advancement and protection of the city of dreams. If you find yourself wanting to know more about us, please seek out a house member. We’d love to fill you in and give you a tour of the beautiful house at the top of the Trinities.
The Dream Muse
Dream Muse
Dreamer

Underlight Chronicles - June

Post by Dream Muse »

ImageYour Teachers
Key:
▲- Master Teacher
Master Teachers are the ones you see about with two haloes of the same color. They are the Teachers of teachers but can assist with several teaching aspects of the City.
• - Sphere Teacher
Can raise your sphere
Dreamseers: Apothos, Crystalline•, Erasmus, Fang X, Frey, Kelos, LadySilver▲•, Off Kilter▲•, Purple Lace▲•, Rafe, Rasputin, Tamarisk▲•, Thunderman▲•
Fatesenders: Em'et▲•, Flower of Cienn, Kailee, Myridian Sun, Starling
Gatekeepers: Bahzell Tomanak, Cyborg512, Golah▲•, Jade▲•, Krodoc•, Poppygirl▲, Thunderman▲•, Xererth
Soulmasters: Aileron, Arnaya▲•, Coraal, Dina•, Druce, Uthanatos, Vampyro▲•
Teaching Elders: Akkadian, Caelia Kohler, Ightwyn Wy'Kim, Kanto, Merciful Raien, Nessa Tre, and Varden

ImageNewly Feather
Newlies
Afard (FS), Aten (DS), Lume(FS), Razziel(SM), Sachaeli(SM)
Returning Dreamers
Delosian (SM), Kailee (FS), RavenXR (SM), Yae (SM)

ImageSmith RosterImage
Dreamsmiths
Current Dreamsmiths: Arnaya, Golah, Jade, Off Kilter, Poppygirl, Tamarisk, Thunderman
Wordsmiths

ImageNightmare Alert!!
Darkmares: Azwrath, Foulmoth, Nita Hhref, Qzerzethezia, Raichuelle, Rut'roh, Yin Gar, Zirobolus
Daymares: Bark, Baruk, Dirt, Dung, Fakar, Gong, Grahei, Hokor, Kigdish, Lurk, Magdish, Monk, Paradish, Pirg, Radak, Sak, Tul

ImagePersonals
At Long Last...
Starling Ramsay - Ruler of the Sable Moon, Teacher of Lucidity, Friendly Fatesender
My heart has returned to me and with it, I am once again full. My dreams are brighter, my passions are stronger, and my mind is exuberant. And you accomplished all of this, by merely stepping into the room; and for that, I am eternally grateful. May we spread our wings and soar through the city once more, side by side, encompassed by the resilience of our love and the lucidity to cherish it forever more.
P.S. I missed you, best friend.
A Tribute To One of the City’s Finest...
Starling Ramsay - Ruler of the Sable Moon, Teacher of Lucidity, Friendly Fatesender
I dedicate this tribute to one of the grandest dreamers I know.
She is patient and kind, she perseveres when times are tough, and she approaches each dream with purpose. She is constantly teaching every dreamer she meets – young or old - either directly or indirectly and, for that, everyone she encounters ends up better off than they were before she graced them with her presence.
She puts the city, her house and its members first in every decision she makes. She always finds a way to be firm, yet fair and her actions consistently represent this. She is strong, both mentally and art-wise, but she knows when to back down and take the high road.
I have been fortunate, since my returning dreams, to not only have gotten to know her better than ever before, but to also co-rule a house with her in this grand city. To be a constant student of hers – to go to her for guidance and receive her support and confidence. I could not imagine anyone else I’d rather share this adventure with.
Thank you, LadySilver, for always being you and for all you do. May the Sable Moon continue to shine brightly upon your journeys ever more.
BANISHING AND YOU!!!
Arnaya - Soulmistress, Wordsmith, Ruler of Calenture
HEY, YOU!! Yes, You. With the paper in your hand. Would you just Look at how much of a mess the city is? It's time to do some Major house cleaning. Quit just piling all this garbage in the closet, or giving it a quick rinse down and forgetting about it. Though spring has passed, its Time to collect all this junk and dispose of the garbage properly before it pollutes the beauty of our city! B.t.C.N!!!

*This advertisement paid for by Banish the Chaos Now! A not for elems organization.

Spice it Up! - Warning Adult Content!
So here you are continuing on your journey of wedded bliss, when you first started out you couldn't get enough of each other, you didn't eat, you rarely slept, and neither did your libido! However at some point it is likely that you might not be feelin some sorta way, every day, every hour!, and that is normal and realistic.

How then can you keep those fires burnin?!

If you find yourself falling into the same old routine, and having..."relations" turns into more of a "well, I guess, if you wanna" rather than a... OH MY GOD I SOOOOOOO WANT AND NEED TO HAVE YOU RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW... there are some things you could try.

Olfactory senses help to get you into the mood, huh? you say? If your partner smells deelish, it often helps to get you into the mood.. or maybe there are certain scents that you love, who knows, maybe it's bacon, maybe it's flowers, maybe it's Eu 'de I haven't washed my armpits today. Everybody is different!!... but, when it comes to lovin... the nose knows!

Props! Yes, you are correct in making that assumption, that is *exactly* what I mean. There is nothing wrong with introducing fun little gadgets or gizmos into the bedroom. For the sake of our reading audience I will keep this rather tame. But feathers, blindfolds, massage oils, fun with food! perhaps some whipped cream, ice cream, syrup, let your imagination run wild!

And speaking of imagination... USE IT! Have no inhibitions, after all this is your life partner! Roleplay, dress up (then down) play guessing games, do a ridiculous strip tease, be silly and have fun. Love making doesn't always have to be sweet and serious, laugh with each other.

Romance is always welcome, light candles, put on soft music or make your own, sing, slow dance, bathe each other, give massages, make your space warm and soft.

Try something new! Could be as simple as going to a different location or.... hmm I need to stop there. I am still reluctant to be completely open with some of these ideas on a public level! Heh.

On the opposite side of the coin, sometimes you just....WANT. Again, this is your life partner and if you are both feeling playful, TAKE THEM! Again, I will stop there with that one, for the consideration of our readers.

In conclusion, despite all of this, let me say that even if the fires of passion are not burning as brightly as they once did, that's okay because this is not the most important aspect of a good marriage. Cuddle, talk, trust, laugh, and love through the exciting times, the boring times, the happy times, the rough times and all the times in between. Remember: this is your soul mate, your best friend, your life partner and you are blessed.

ImageTactics Talk
Tactic Fundamentals: Tag Team!
We're starting up a new segment on tactics. Each month, expect to see a small blurb here on some tactical or otherwise combat related topic. From pack layout suggestions; to movement tips; art's use; and tactical maneuvers. Even tactical break downs of different rooms and planes. Some by me, others by guest writers. So, keep your eyes peeled here if you have an interest in these topics.
This is a very simple tactic to put into practice, though it is a lot harder to master. Its purpose is to minimize the time that a maren (Shamblix or Horron) attacker is active and engaged in combat, by eliminating them as quickly as possible, regardless of who gets the kill.

The basic level of it, is that you always try to stay on opposite sides of the maren target. If the mare is facing you, you're sucking dreamsoul and moving so as to keep the mare between you and your partner, as well as trying to set up your partner for easy shots. When the mare finally gets pissed off and turns to go after them... it's your turn. Unload on the poor beast's vulnerable zone. Try to keep your shots angled away from our partner to minimize friendly fire.

Done by a pair of in-tune combatants... this tactic VERY swiftly drops a mare. I've seen it effectively neutralize Darkmare Horrons in less than 30 seconds, with only two dreamers on the field... and one of them a relatively unskilled fighter on a couple of occasions.

A variation on it allowed Arlyana Jax and I to engage a force of three Shamblix Datoken, on our own, for several minutes. Collapsing or causing each to be collapsed repeatedly before any other dreamers arrived to assist (Note: Neither Arlyana nor I was collapsed during this engagement). No matter how good you are, or how much you want the experience for dropping the mare... frantically trying to rush the mare and blocking your allies while trying to get the mare, results in a huge drain of resources for you.. and a greater likelihood of collapsing.

ImageSocial Events
Welcome Center Update
The Center is welcome to all now and just off Provenence in Threshold. We have three wonderful rooms. The main room holds the services and a cache of newlies items. The Chamber of Harmony has the information that tends to lend themselves to new dreamers. The Chamber of Unification is for returning folks and the guilds and houses. It has all been such a wonderful success and will give to the dream for years to come. Forgive any omissions of changes I was not told about. The Center would not be what it is without the help of so many.

We wish Princess Rivin and Orn, both wonderful Teaching Elders, the best in their travels and thank them for their service to the Dream and growth they inspired. Princess left us a wonderful Garden of Knowledge in the Pond of Reflections on Upper Basin of Stars.
Summer Daze - Under the Tree
The beauty of the Dream never fades. Ahh! Were I to age with such grace. So meet me under the tree is becoming my mantra as a teacher. In dreams past teachers would meet their students in special places even certain days and times. If my shard would allow such consistency I would use it!

What is there to do in the City these dreams. Well joiners can assist with projects that are continuing and there are teachers about, representatives of open houses and current guilds. You can explore your mind or the dreamscape; hunt mares or items, gather for discussions. All the things we love about the dream still happen daily. You can take flight in a few ways now. New faces new places and new arts still show the City to be full of new adventures and possibilities.

So as I sit here I offer a challenge to any willing to accept search a plane and bring to me all its new changes. New to you counts start from some old map you have been carrying around. What changes am I looking for? New rooms that are different than you recall. For every new reference I will reward you up to 50K amount determined by information shared. I have the Conclave, Cairn, Threshold Caves, Threshold Pits and Threshold. Seek me out for a plane assignment. and we can chat more.

Remember the Dream and its path are your own. What kind of dream will it be today? What will I learn I did not know? To dream with a purpose. Maybe its a bit of peace and quiet or a lively rant at the pub. You create the Dream to be all it can be by being you and dreaming.

ImageBit of Bardic
The Dream We Dream
In a world experienced only in the mind,
It comes to pass that sorrow waits sharp clawed,
and if we search hard and long enough we find,
the world we see is nothing but a facade.

We choose whether to see, or to be blinded,
to experience each joy and each pain,
or limit ourselves to the like minded,
whether we lament the floods or bless the rain.

We who know what this new world might become,
blessing the grandeur of what we envision,
keep hand to the reigns to shape the outcome,
In the end, it is our own damned decision.

ImageMade You Laugh!
"Groaners"
Anonymous
  • If you spent your day in a well, can you say your day was well-spent?
  • A guy was admitted to hospital with 8 plastic horses in his stomach.
    • His condition is now stable.
  • Never date cross eyed people. They might be seeing somebody on the side!
  • If a wild pig kills you, does it mean you’ve been boared to death?
  • What do snowmen do in the winter?
    • Just chill.
  • Jokes about unemployed people aren't funny.
    • They just don't work.
  • Which bees produce milk? The boo-bees!
  • A guy goes to a doctor because he’s got a strawberry growing out of his chest. The doctor looks and examines and finally says, “Let me give you some cream to put on that.”
  • Your sh*t is my daily bread.
    Apothos - Tender of the Umbric Sewers
  • A man in a butcher shop: "I would like bull testicles please."
    • Butcher: "Me too."

Dear Elms,
Some anonymous moron keeps taking pot shots at me in the joke section of the Underlight Chronicles. I'm going to sue for defamation of character!
Signed, Fresh as a daisy.

Dear FRESH,
In perusing the article in question, I actually have no response other than, you are the tender of the Umbric Sewers, are you not? It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it. Much love.
Dear Elms,
My spouse has started wearing sexy clothes, got a new hair do, is losing weight and is always giggling, this isn't usually the case, what in the chaos is going on?
Signed, Confused.

Dear Confused,
Well, I like to look at the bright side and say, maybe your spouse was feeling a little un-pretty and just wanted to feel better, or maybe your spouse thinks your relationship needed some cranking up, or maybe he or she is entertaining somebody new. I would suggest asking straight up, no sense in wandering around in a state of confusion.
Dear Elms,
I'm married, but my spouse doesn't dream anymore. How long are dream vows supposed to last? How long am I expected to remain lonely?
Signed,
'Til Death?

Dear Til Death(?),
This is a tricky situation you find yourself in and I'm sorry for your dilemma but this isn't for me to answer, but ask yourself some things. Do you think your husband might return?, while you shared dreams, did you make lasting , loving memories and do you think if he doesn't come back, that he would want you to be lonely or would he want you to dream your dreams to the fullest and be happy? I'm sorry I can't really help here. I can't tell you how long you should or shouldn't wait, only your own heart has these answers. Good luck friend.
Dear Elms,
I'm a kind person, but a little shy and not terribly attractive, should i wear more makeup or wear a shorter dress to attract attention?
Signed, Looking for love.

Dear Looking,
Stop right there dear! Being "attractive" is not what it's all about. Besides, who is to judge that? I am sure you are fabulous. However, if a person only wants to meet or talk to you because of how you look then they are not worth your time anyways. Hang in there, be yourself, as for being shy?, don't you worry there is someone out there who thinks you are beyond perfect! Your time will come.
Dear Elms,
I'm really tired of having to act like a tough guy all the time, and people expect it of me, but sometimes I just want to go play with a kitten or run in a field of sunflowers! How can I be myself without people making fun of me?
Signed, Warriors have feelings too.

Dear Warrior,
There is nothing wrong with having a hard and a soft side! Be a warrior when it is needed, then after, let yourself relax and cuddle that kitten in the sunflowers, there is no shame in that! If people make fun of you? It really doesn't matter, they are probably just jelly because you have a kitten and they don't!

ImageHouse Calenture
The Path of Legacy
Calenture has recently undertaken a project which will remain ongoing indefinitely. Each ruler of the house, in this city is being honored with a statue, to preserve the history of the house and those that have influenced it's growth. Furthermore, each of these statues is imbued with strength from the Orb of Calenture and tied to it, so that they may draw upon the Orb in defense of Evernight, to assist with it's stability. The process is long, but not overly complex. All work on this project is open to the public and we truly encourage others to attend so that perhaps they may find similar work in their own houses and on the planes adjacent to them.
Attuning the Orb
Arlyana Jax - Dreamseer, Eternal Calenturian, Sovereign of Stuffing
Aphrael, Uthanatos, Arnaya and I took steps to attune the Orb of Calenture to banishing, negating all other forms of essence manipulation.

I laid out banished essences, one for each of the elements and a crest of Calenture. The elements would travel through each of the tokens in a circular motion, then each extend a beam to the crest and Orb of Calenture.

Arnaya began with a call, “Lady Calenture, Hear our call. Feel our faith, our trust, our bond."

“Will is the ground upon which we stand, strong and unwielding”

Then we each channeled Will in our own ways: Arnaya brought forth a groan from the house’s foundation. I sent streams of golden Will into the nearest token. Uthanatos held out his hand, jagged yellow sparks arcing from his fingers into the floor, popping back up to flicker though the token. Aphrael held out her hand and from her palm flowed a golden arch to the token.

“Insight is the wind that cannot be seen, but is always there”

I removed my halo and sent the Insight to the token. Arnaya let the groan shift to a deep, resonant wail, like the gusting of an unfelt wind, that swirls around and through the next token. Uthanatos twisted his wrist, facing his palm upward. A feeble little dust devil forming as he leans his fingertips down, allowing it to trace its way to the token. Aphrael crushed an Insight elemen, its wind carrying itself to the token.

“Resilience is the water that flows around us, weathering our edges”

Arnaya made a sweeping wave like motion with one hand, the sound of the howling wind faded to be replaced with a deep lapping sound of waves on a shore. A thick haze of mist flowing over the 3rd token. Uthanatos closes his eyes for a moment, tiny droplets of water forming in the air, creating a mist that falls slowly, condensing into a swirling sphere as it lowers itself over the token. I invoked the memory of Aileron by touching the fire ring he had given me, sending jade sparkles through the tokens. Aphrael touched the jade on the crocodile upon her arm, allowing it to release it's glowing Resilience to the tokens.

Lucidity is the fire in all of us that will inspire or consume”

I removed my ID ribbon (given to me by my FateSender sister Clarity) and sent it dancing through the tokens so rapidly it looks ablaze. Uthanatos reached down and placed his fingertips on the floor, after a moment, a line of tiny flickering flamelets made their way to the token, encircling it. Arnaya smiled brightly as she murmured: "this one's for you, Mags" and pointed almost accusingly at the 4th token. The lapping sound shifted to become a fierce crackling sound, like a blazing flame unseen but devouring.

“DreamSoul, the lifeblood of the City, without it there is nothing”

I sent streams of crystalline DreamSoul into the circle with my newly repaired wings. Uthanatos tapped his crest lightly, DreamSoul coalescing on it's surface before bursting forth to fill the room with an acrid cloud. Arnaya brought her hands together as the disparate sounds are all heard at the same time, coming together around the last token to linger as a single, angelic sounding trumpet blast. Aphrael pricked her finger, letting several drops of DeamSoul flow into the circle

“Calenture, the dual triune that bonds us together, and gives us a home”

We each let loose with Poison Cloud, the house art of House Calenture.

This is the first step of many to attune the Orb of Calenture to banishing, which I have always believed it did.
Banishing Drive
House Calenture remains proud of its position as the only remaining house that holds an essence belief or practice. We have our concerns about y simply piling energy into the primes and leaving it there as has been done recently by everyone, but seek to directly remedy that only in regards to ourselves. We are proud to announce that a series of efforts are underway to re-attune the Orb of Calenture towards Banishing. For the protection and preservation of the city, Calenture stands ready to do our part. We would strongly encourage everyone not to simply leave essences laying on the ground. If you are unsure of what to do with them, Any representative of House Calenture would be glad to accept them with no obligations or expectation of further deliveries.
Clarity of Evernight Plateau
Arlyana Jax - Dreamseer, Eternal Calenturian, Sovereign of Stuffing
On the house side of the Little Bridge on Evernight Plateau, Uthanatos, Arnaya and Arlyana Jax began work on the statue of their departed Ruler Clarity. They were later joined by Gorgunsun, Aphrael, Crystalline and Magnum-425. With a combination of Lucidity, Will, Dreamsoul and, most importantly, glitterbombs. Their result was: standing in the place of the spike is now a very rough looking statue, covered in sparkling glitter and still hot to the touch.

More work needed to be done, a greater connection needed to be created between the existing statues, the house and the incomplete Clarity form. Even with the further addition of Power Tokens and Poison Cloud, the statue remained incomplete. Uthanatos brought the Orb of Calenture from the house as the others gathered channeled energy from the existing statues of Thunderman and Kage through the Orb, into the new statue. As Arlyana Jax lay a final Power Token upon the wings as they wrapped around the figure, obscuring her completely before revealing a statue of a pair of wings wrapped around a small figure. The figure is hidden, the only real visual peeking outside of the wings being a pair tall, stone heels.
Sable Moon Musings
Who are we? What do we believe in? How do we feel about dark/day/night mares?
Moonies are keeping busy around the city. Though dreams are quiet as of late, we are still hosting events, researching arts, teaching through various avenues, gathering intel on any changes and updates within the city itself, and working to strengthen our house and one another in multiple ways.
I would like to give a heartfelt THANK YOU to our members who contribute so much to the house, every dream – whether it be time, teaching, items, strength or camaraderie – you are what makes our house a home and what makes LadySilver and I eternally grateful.
Keep an eye out for more upcoming events from your favorite Moonies! We are planning Art Clinics, Historic Plays and Reenactments, more Game Nights, City-Wide Hunting Parties and a City-Wide Scavenger Hunt (partnering with dreamers from other houses as well as freesouls).
May the light from the Sable Moon guide your paths!
Dreaming Diplomatically
Pointers from the Diplomatic Ruler of the Sable Moon
Dreaming diplomatically isn’t as hard as it sounds, but it may take some practice depending on how observant you are, how well you connect with other dreamers and how you currently handle sensitive situations. It requires attentive listening, emotional intelligence, empathy and the ability to show it, assertiveness, politeness, and the ability to establish rapport.
Below are some pointers to keep in mind when approaching a diplomatic opportunity within the city:
  • It’s important to remember that all dreamers and all communication situations are different. What works for one dreamer may not work for another.
  • Approach each diplomatic opportunity with an open mind. If there is a situation that needs to be defused, try to gain as much insight about all sides of every story, as possible. Allow yourself time to pause and process the information you’ve collected before making helpful suggestions.
  • Spend time interacting with various dreamers, getting to know each one in some capacity. This allows for conversation to flow more easily and for trust to be gained.
  • When speaking with a dreamer, make sure they feel heard and understood. This is also important in building rapport and establishing trust.
  • As you’re spending time with them, observe how they interact with other dreamers. Watch them in various scenarios, if you get a chance. See how they react to good news, to bad news, and so forth. This will provide you with insight on how to approach that dreamer based on the matter you need to bring to their attention.
  • Always enter diplomatic opportunities with a clear mind; never stressful or angry. If you are upset, take a moment to step away and, if the situation is urgent, ask someone you trust to fill in for you until you are ready.
    These are just a few helpful tips on dreaming diplomatically. Keep an eye open for the next article where I will provide pointers to help aid house ambassadors in their worthy endeavors.
The Dream Muse