Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Mysterious Messages in Twisted Ivy

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Mysterious Messages in Twisted Ivy

Post by -Lacie- »

As some may or may not know, I am a bit of a reclusive explorer. In some recent excavations, I have uncovered a set of arcane scrolls. They were extremely decayed and crumbling. I managed to recover most of what was etched on them as they perished to nothing.

I am also always on the lookout for new and varied methods of teaching the City's history and nature to others.
So, In an effort to appease both lusts, I am bringing what I have found into the City, for all to enjoy and learn from.

I am re-Inscribing what I can recover from these scrolls and then, placing them in rooms which are Vaults throughout the City. When you find one, this is what to do:

1. If you are a Student, read it and do what it says to do.
2. If you are a Teacher, either see #1 and be a student, OR put it back and refer a student to it.
3. If you are a Master Teacher, you may refer to #1 but NOT #2.

This will be an exercise in a new way to teach. It may work or not, may have complications (I AM DreamSeer, afterall), or any combination of the above. What I want to try is to set up our own version of the Mission Boards. Never seen those? Go to the Library and take a right or a left.

Alright, so an example of how this exercise works:

Student A goes to X location and finds a codex. *A* reads it and takes it to Teacher B. *B* reads it and A & B talk about it. *A* asks *B* "This sounds rather interesting and I have been meaning to get a Quest for Art Z". *B* can write a Quest for his Art (no higher than 4th plat please for this exercise) and does so for A. A likes it, accepts it and then reports to B about it.

Simple.

I would then truly appreciate any and ALL feedback that both A & B have regarding the experience. Remember, Teachers, the *Quest must be an appropriate one, and the feedback needs to be done after the Quest is reported, please.

Now the reason I would prefer Masters to stand aside in this, is because I want to hear from the Teachers and Students. So, Masters, you can be a Student, but nay a Teacher, please.

There are already 3 Codexes that are out in the City. More will follow if this takes off.

Seek....

~Lacie~

*Disclaimer: I have Elder approval with this, but please, let's make sure we stay within the rules. Rewards may be awarded for swift and correct completion.
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."