Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Re: Silver Speaks a Collection fo Writings

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
LadySilver
Dreamer

Silver Says: A Call to Arms

Post by LadySilver »

I have more titles than a dreamer should it seems some dreams. At the end of any dream I am still a simple seer which is as magical as it has always been. Some think when I say that it me being modest. That is far from the truth as I know that I can build dreams and what a glorious gift.

As the threat of the invasion looms so close to our gates. I am reminded of a story, my Beloved. A story told to me by a teacher when I was so very young before I was able to dreams within our walls.

It was of two groups of people. One that lived atop a mountain high and a noble clan in the valley. The mountain people claimed a treasure under a stone of untold value and the valley people decided they wanted this treasure and would get it any means

The mountain people said but of course they would share. The greed of people does as greed does. The valley people climbed the mountain and destroyed the people they found there. Claiming all the treasure they could find as their just reward.

They stood victorious before the legendary stone, the smoke died away and they turned back the stone and the treasure was revealed.... and there were two words carved under that stone....Peace on earth was all it said.

We are not unlike the people of the mountain and the invaders are as the valley people. Our treasure is love and knowledge as these are the timeless treasures we as dreamers have and have always offered to share.

There is no sense or reason to war. We all feel this in our hearts, too many fought for the right-wrong reasons. We will fight to save what we have been entrusted with using the weapons of honor and valor. When the smoke fades, my Beloved, we will rebuild and our treasure will continue. It will be in turn be entrusted to the victorious as love and knowledge will continue past us no matter the outcome.

The dream was built by those that have come before us and as long as we believe in her promise, we will become its foundation on their shoulders and make her glorious. Each of us has added to her dreamsoul... each leave their mark. No dreamer has walked these halls and not changed them. So I call to arms my Beloved. I call you all home to help us as the threat is close. Know the dreams needs all her dreamers and the time is now.
LadySilver
Dreamer

Silver Says: Misdirection History

Post by LadySilver »

Here is a tale not so very old of a wonderful Teaching Elder named Blagi Klyar and how he brought us a new art when we all first were summonsed here.

The Dreamers had been called back to the New Dream to aid in rebuilding. Blagi Klyar was gladly helping the returned one get their dream legs back. Such an eager and promising group they were. He was an elderly man; a crazy mop of white hair gives way to blue eyes, friendly smile and a long white beard. White robes appear baggy on a thin frame that appears almost emaciated, though it supports immaculate posture. His hands are gnarled and knotted and he rubs them constantly as if he were in pain.

Leather sandals are upon his feet. A small chisel, which he touches frequently, hangs around his neck. He smells strongly of freshly cut timber.
Working away one dream in his workshop he was contemplating the uses of push and how could he gain the attention of so many as the gathered around him. Several pieces of wood fell at once and all turned upside down. And it came to him he would create a mass push art that would draw the attention away from their main focus or fail to capture their attention. They would be so surprised they would be ready to hear him out.

So he fiddled with the dreamsoul and how it perceived the dreamers making it effect more than one. He chuckled to himself at their surprise when he got it to work. Within a week of their return he had a gift for them. One he was sure would cause a ruckus. The first ones he trained in this art were Thunderman, Kelos, and Star Scream. Tests run on Umbrics Threshway on the dreamers gathered there.
LadySilver
Dreamer

Silver Says: Maren Poem

Post by LadySilver »

This was gift to Bamra for her help with the Maren Classes. I was told others might enjoy it too!

Od ti Kotoke

Qntfa Enoknu
So yaowukr ana nakd
Hw wala ni knu hw waga tzi ulp j katoke

Puuu Eoknu
Ti putra and paan
Eh slly hw zap quop j katoke tal

Smutn Eoknu
Dak na lst dagiawuga
Hw waga tzi ulp na palg Kotoke!

The dreamers translation...

Ode to Mares

Fool Dreamer
So ghostly and naked
You have to know you can not be a nightmare

Stupid Dreamer
too little and cowardly
How silly you look with a maren tail

Stupid Dreamer
For the Last time
You can never be a nightmare!

Special thanks to Bamra and Dina! The key to acceptance is in understanding.
LadySilver
Dreamer

Silver's Scholastic Certitude: A Matter of Faith

Post by LadySilver »

This is an essay on what I believe. I just wanted to share.

Faith is an odd thing when it pops up it can almost go unnoticed. I am old school Lyran. What does that mean anyways? I was taught by true masters as teachers and walked with legends you know the ones in the history scrolls. I literally sat in the company of the ones that made the dream what it was. It was humbling exciting and real. Yog-Ka and I walked through threshold as he taught me about his trail first hand. Kuzoo caught up with me on the events of the City. I tried to keep up with Boggen in the Library one dream. Taroneh made me long for peace within myself. Norkight tried to show me what a ruler could be. Keeka showed me what honor and respect was. Jolly made the silver lining in the dream with laughter. Lord Empathy carried history with such reverence. I sat on the grass with Falinor as I learned what insight truly was. This list could go on forever. The lessons and memories are always with me. Dreamers look at me and say why are you alone. I never am alone in the City. Those that walked these halls before are with me. As a seer they might even be those that will come. I am no prophet.

guarDog was sure I was Illuminated tried for two hours to make it so. It was push to ten I think. Jiovanni brought me the challenge and the truth when he recruited me for the Union of the Covenant. See I always was a Freesoul through it took me two years to join a house. The Union to me was three things that were already a part of my dreams or I wanted them to be. They would defend not start a fight but finish it. I wanted to be able to do that. They were against injustice that was always true to my heart. They didn't think essences were much sort of like a bad ellie ... logic prevailed. They were Freesoul.

Before Lyraclesia every house I served was Freesoul. There were two the Union of the Covenant and the Order of the Sable Moon. Each knowing I never gave up on my sworn oath to Lady Justice. I served the houses the best I could and carried my beliefs with me in my heart, on my sleeve and in my head. See for me faith is seen in a dreamer, in their actions and what they aspire too.

A Freesoul is a dreamer that believes the dream has no effect on the real world. Standard generic definition that rolls off the tongues of lyrans without thinking much. The key to that is the dream. This is the part Illuminates played down and others just did not get. Freesouls poured themselves completely into the City they build her, nurtured her and adored her. They would fight for the right to dream as that is what the wars were about you know. Freesouls were not about changing anyone's beliefs or views. They wanted to dream. Illuminates felt that Freesouls were wrong and must dream for the reason the Illuminates did and the goal was always to destroy the Freesouls or convert them. Some would say a Freesoul didn't care about the dream and held no accountability no responsibility. That was not true see without the dream as per their beliefs a Freesoul would cease to dream. No fel art needed folks. Simply put It was about the right to dream and dream as you felt right.

I don't seek to create a Freesoul or recruit them because you either are or you aren't. When your heart is of a Freesoul then you have no choice and you love the Dream with no doubt. You use everything available to you to assist the City of Dreams. You are her caretaker and you are her steward. You owe all you are to the very fabric of Underlight.

So when others say it does not matter what you believe the City to be, I beg to disagree it matter to you. Whatever your believe it does matter because you heard the call to the courtyard. You can dream. Somewhere inside you it has to mean something to make you return. You believe something and that will guide your dreams. I don't care at this point what you call this drive or calling. I do know when all else fails and things get too messy or too hard it is your belief, the reason you dream that will bring you home.

I have some things to attone for some recently acquired shortcoming on my part. I have failed the Dream with my own selfish pain and short temper. We decide when we dream for the most part. I know for some of us it can be different. I ask you to do two things. because I am going to try and do them myself. When you step across the courtyard into the City of Dreams ask yourself ... " what can I do today to make a difference" and as you leave to return to your waking world ask yourself something else ... "was it enough". I hope that you will start to see a change in the dream not because dreamers beat someone into submission to think like they do; not because they broke someone's spirit and not because they fought a battle not theirs. The change will be because you changed who you are by trying to be just a little bit better.

See I am a Freesoul and I am the dream. All dreamers are we make the dream what it is.
LadySilver
Dreamer

Silver Speaks Collection of Writings

Post by LadySilver »

"Aerin's Blessing" by tux

I am working on a project dealing with arts and stats. In my research I found a few histories to share. One was the one I have written here the history of sphere. As I come to my last sphere quest it perhaps is more sentimental. The author is not me but the great Master of Insight named tux. So without further fanfare please enjoy "Aerin's Blessing".

Shortly after our ancestors founded the city of dreams, they wasted little time in discovering that they had the ability to form solid matter of the essense around them. Discovery after discovery soon followed. Focal awareness and arts as we know them today also became available to these Originators of the City of Underlight.

The young city of dreams began to grow and flourish. The most learned of the early Dreamwrights noticed that as they transcended deeper into the dream a powerful external force began strengthening their Dreamsouls. With each of these subtle but definitive nudges they became more perplexed and began channeling all their dream energies into seeking answers. They turned to Aerin of Tolat whose studies of the protective shell, which protects the Dreamsoul, were unparalleled.

Aerin and his disciples drew from their Cloudsbreak experiences to form a conclusion. That being, in this dream sea of intangibles, we must find the tangible way to recognize and acknowledge advancement. That simple statement spawned further research which lead ultimately to the harnessing of a great unknown force beyond their comprehension and eventually the system we know today called Spheres.

The task at hand seemed insurmountable. The Cities inhabitants grew weary of those who wished to control the seeking of knowledge. Aerin and his followers became reclusive in their dreams, hiding in the the mostly unexplored far regions of the city. And whispering in hushed tones when the need arose to share the knowledge with each other. Aerin himself took a pure academic approach to all of it and secretly gathered scholars from every shard of Cloudsbreak. At his request they began to submit to Aerin and his followers scrolls from their shards which gave the researchers more insight into how they could pass understanding of this advancement system on all the inhabitants of the City of Dreams.

But still the work was slow and painstaking. Some dreamers knew nothing but servitide as a way of advancing themselves. Others felt status in Cloudsbreak should earn them advancement in the City of Dreams. Still others cared only to advance themselves in their focal art, which they felt was more reflective of their needs in the dream. Another group became fervent in their beleif that no tangible system was necessary. And yet another felt that longevity alone in the City should earned advancement.

Their leader and mentor, Aerin had begun spending countless hours dream days and nights near a great river in the city. He watched with awe as the sailing vessels traveled up and down stream. No one could claim having reached the huge sea that the water flowed into as of yet. He chuckled in amusement as some ran around leaving their passengers cursing the waterway. Of particular interest to him was watching small sailboats dart through the water and take side trips up and down the small water arteries which fed the river. When they took those journeys, he noticed how much more knowledge they gained by avoiding the sandbars and obstructions. Some stopped for prolonged periods of time in these liquid pools and just meditated, apparently drawing even more nautical knowledge into their Dreamsouls.

As the dreamscape became more populated, some dreamers wove a series pf locks and dams to control the flow of water and boats. He referred to them as the Keepers of the Waters and noticed how the highly trained ones were able to safely aid the downstream navigation of the water traffic. Lesser-trained Keepers were not as successful guiding the flow of the boats down the river. He shook his head in sadness as some boats floundered in the locks, unable to pass. Others were lost in the white water and in some instances actually tossing the misguided dreamer and the Water Keeper from the City, never to be seen again.

After a particularly long session near the river he returned to his followers and made an alarming declaration to them, I shall travel the great river to its end. Gather all the scrolls of our studies and place them on my craft. Chest fallen that their mentor would surely perish they begged him not to go. He smiled and said to them Like the great river of water, does the knowledge of the dream flow. To find the answers we must travel it. Continue our work. I am with you always.

Experiments were conducted. Some succeed , some failed with disastrous effects upon the volunteers. Aerin's Disciples began to worry he would never return. What had happened to him? Surely he had become lost in the endless sea, they concluded. Suddenly one dream he reappeared before them. An odd circular crest was visible on his chest. Questions flooded the room. He asked them one by one to explain in detail their accomplishments while he was gone. He remained evasive about his journey and the strange crest he wore.

Then he sequestered them and began assigning tasks of knowledge gathering. His students returned one by one, some taking many dreams to complete the task given. As they returned he listened to the results of the various tasks. If he approved, he touched the student atop the head with both his hands and a sphere appeared on their chests. He told them they had been ascended to a higher level or sphere. Amongst themselves they referred to these crests as, Aerins' Blessing.

This went on for many dreams. Some of the students doing task after task and with each one approved a new and more decorative crest appeared upon their chest. He then took that group away from the others and began further training. When they completed the training, they now had the same ability as he. They in turn were sent back to the others to gauge their and crest even more. The city watched this strange group who walked about with these new symbols upon their chests. Problems arose, but Aerin's followers held firm to the method of advancement they learned from the great sailor. Eventually the entire population of the young city accepted the process. It was refined and made adaptable as more and more arts were discovered and advanced. And as for Aerin of Tolat? Some of the great Master Dreamwrights claim he still sails the calm seas of eternal wisdom in a smallish boat identified by a sail with the emblem of a tenth sphere dreamer.

Respectfully ~ Wordsmith LadySilver
Last edited by LadySilver on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadySilver
Dreamer

Re: Silver Speaks a Collection fo Writings

Post by LadySilver »

Silver Speaks: The Mage's Apprentice
Postby LadySilver » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Just a story that came to mind today as I was genning in Harrow.

"Aye this is it! I am sure it will work this time....." His voice determined and strong. The ringing sound is almost deafening as the dreamer enters the courtyard stumbling on his dream legs.

"Well bless my aching arches! It did work!" he adjusts his glasses and brings the place into focus. "Looks like some battles been fought and some banners not the better for it." He picks up his bindlestiff and walks towards the spinning doorway. He touches it gingerly and he is whisked into another place by magic. There are things not his own in her pack, codex with names of arts they say and how they work "Well I will be a dragon's whisker look it here." Speaking of looking he glances down at himself. He notices he is a bit pale and he scurries behind a column to adjust that some.

He comes around in garments fit for his Master. He dons a fine black velvet robe with silver trim and a carryall of leather for his wares. His long red hair tied back in a ponytail and a travel stick incase he needs it.

As he comes around the corner and there stands a waif of a girl. Greeting him in the manner of the dream asking to be of service she says.

Jasper eyes her and nods being all gentlemanly like. "Good dream to you lass. I have come seeking adventure and perhaps learn some skills along the way. My master says tis time to learn the ways of this Under Light." He adjusts his pack and smiles to her over his spectacles

"The place you are Sir is Underlight the City of Dreams. " She smiles softly "I am Serene"

"Aye that is correct! Exactly the place I was seeking." He bows to her and smiles.

"Let us travel a bit through Threshold and see what the dreamers are up to tonight" She offers to lead the way through yet another spinning portal Jaspar notes some are moving some are not.

They walk into a room where there are four dreamers standing about in various whispering conversations. In walks the apprentice mage in all his glory. You can tell he seems taller than he is. "Hello there Dreamers" he states matter of factly.

They look up the the young dreamer. Some with a bit of a smirk

"Jaspar the soulmaster you have found the dream it seems" to whom he is speaking is a bit of a mystery. He carries on "Aye aye it was to be my fate. I must see the strongest most powerful soulmaster as I have a note for him from my mentor."

"Well now Sir Jasper your him is a her these dreams and she should be about threshold soon as is her habit" responds a tall lady in red from the side of the room. As she stands close to a man dressed in the same shade. They appear to be a matched set of something.

Nods he does. "And she will have two jade haloes I imagine."

"Aye that she does and a wicked set of 60 chaks" States a the gentleman in red laughing slightly.

"Good good then that will do nicely." He takes out a long clay pipe and snaps his fingers bringing a flame to the bowl taking a long pull on the stem. Releasing the smoke in rings that chase each other and intertwine.

"So what of the Mares I have heard so much about Citizens?" He had an odd familiararity but a few in the room know he was new as they paid attenion to such things. The young lady that was his guide coughs some from the smoke and moves to a clearer side of the room.

One of the generals pipes up and says "They are about in regularity. I am sure you can met one or two this very night."

"Ohh no my fine fellow. I have not the skills to come toes to claw with such beasties more a curiosity for the time being." Jaspar laughs contently smoking his pipe. "The names is Jaspar Q Huddlebaum. I am here to further my studies in regard to my mentor Mage Fairchild. I am pleased to met you ummmmmm...." looks to the general for an introduction.

"Guardian Kilfred, sir well met. It is good to know ones strengths young dreamer." The general salutes Jaspar.

"It is a good day to dream as they say. I am pleased to have finally arrived. There is much to do..." he poofs sparkling is way from the city.

The dreamers look one to the others considering what to make of the new dreamer.

"Well my isn't he just a curiosity who was that man?" asks the elder lady in the room her shawl about her shoulders.

The young Lady Serene smiles and says "Only the dream knows for sure"

..the beginning perhaps.
Last edited by LadySilver on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.