Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Drained

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Pheasant
Dreamer

Drained

Post by Pheasant »

(This story was told to me by Neil as he helped me with a task.)

20 years ago, house beliefs truly defined a house. There are and were arts regarding how essences were treated. All eight houses were open and each had their own beliefs. Some banished, some drained, some imprisoned, others cleansed. Of course there were those who healed and helped the mares, wishing no harm to them at all! There were no chaos wells. we did not have the ability to keep these essences in a confined box. You had a very light load when you hunted, if you hunted. Now, I was with a house who chose to imprison their essences as drianing an essence was forbidden. A simple evoke of drain upon an essence would get you removed from the house. It makes this particular sound; one that could cause a war between dreamers just by being in the threshold of a house and casting the art. Between houses even, not just dreamers. Arguments, fights, chakrams were thrown out at each other. Because back then, it meant something to be part of a house and abide by the rules and believe what they stood for. Sometimes freesouls would go to the threshold of the house and drain an essence making the sound well heard, knowing just good and well what they were doing. This ended up causing several dreamers to become a listed target, with bounties upon their heads. A seek and collapse list. All for violating the beliefs of a house or dreamer. So you see, when you cross the paths of what someone believes in, dramatic actions happen. Even if only by accident. You may receive a warning, but let it happen again, and you become a target.
DONE