Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The Srechethan Kabal - Journal

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

The Srechethan Kabal - Journal

Post by -Lacie- »

Entry #4

We Seek the Greater Expansion of the DreamState .... no matter the cost.

That statement has taken on new meaning to the members of the Kabal of late. What sort of cost will be paid for making the discoveries that lay just ahead???

Now that the Guild has been secured, purchased outright, fair and square, the work could commence, and not a moment too soon. With the onslaught of the Chaos Eclipse, we must work quickly, but maintain a high standard; using what we know and not let the bedlam surrounding us to hinder or distract us. This, in itself, is going to be quite a feat, however; but the timing couldn't be better, short as the time may be within to act.

The Cauldron has begun to yield its secrets. We have to be exceptionally careful at this juncture, and not rush this, knowing how little time we have with which to work. It truly is all about the energies in the City, this much we are completely confident. The trick is.. well, will be tricky and a delicate process.

To the members, let this serve as notice: I need your help. You all know your assignments and if you need assistance and/or materials, please... let your associates know. The public nature of this venue prohibits further detail, but you all know what you need to do.

To give an overview, it is ALL about the energy. That is the key, so your contributions are greatly appreciated, and will be rewarded in kind. Remember the lessons of the recent past & stick to the plan. We know the goal & know how we intend to reach it. You know how to get in contact with me....

She senses the Cauldron call to her from across the City, nodding as if receiving a sort of message. She makes a note on the palm of one hand with the quill retrieved from her hair.
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

The Srechethan Kabal - Journal Entry #6

Post by -Lacie- »

What is the Srechethan Kabal?

What is it, indeed! Simply put, it is a Guild. Yes, a Guild like the WordSmith's or DreamSmith's or Master Teacher's Guilds, but with a few notable exceptions.

First off, there are no magical, impossible requirements to meet, hold, or get from an Elder. There is a mentorship process, but it is one which would be pleasing to most appetites.

Secondly, the Kabal are a group of free thinkers, who yearn to learn more of the intricacies of the City, and not quite as concerned by the acquisition of power, glory or fame (although those accolades are very possibly attained).

Thirdly, and possibly more importantly, the Kabal is one of the oldest Guilds in the City. Established with the creation of the Lost Caves, this Guild's history was created by Teng and his brother, Agonarius, after the battle in the Lost Caves* after their father, Hasenthes, passed into the Boundary Mists.

Finally, the Kabal does share some similarities with other Guilds. Participation is encouraged and lack thereof will warrant exclusion. This Guild is no badge of honor to be waved around casually. The Kabal is not limited by Sphere, Orbit, Focus, House affiliation, City of Origin or length of time dreaming. Those in the Guild must adhere to some basic rules of secrecy, honor & inquisitiveness.

Who are in the Kabal?

Well, now down to the meat of the post, eh? The Kabal respect the privacy & safety of the members. I fully acknowledge that I am a member, but this is by choice, as it is the choice of every other member. The reason is clear-cut. Members of the Kabal hold keys with which to enter the Kabal Guild Hall and Laboratory. While some may seek entry out of curiosity or other reason, we prefer not to be hunted down so that we may drop our keys. Besides, we have taken precautions against this, so no keys will be dropping out of packs accidentally. What are those precautions? Seriously, you think I would tell outsiders? Come on, give me a little credit here. Members may choose to acknowledge their inclusion or not, at their discretion. We all have excellent Arts. Use them.

What do the Kabal do inside their cavernous retreat? Planning to blow up the City?

Well, of course not! This would be counterproductive to our philosophy. We seek the Unknowns within the fabric of the DreamState. I had a mantra long ago which still seems to apply:

We Seek the Greater Expansion of the DreamState ... by whatever means necessary.

Realizing this may seem a bit brash, I have removed the last part. I was crazy, wild and much bolder a couple of decades ago.

The Kabal seek the Unknowns - lost Planes, areas, Arts, abilities, skills, knowledge and such. The Kabal of old has had some mild success at this. In the Lyran era, The Penumbra (my original guild back then) and the Kabal joined forces during the time of Asmodan and Iden. The Penumbra were intensively exploring the Chasm of Souls when we were able to unearth the portal along the Firey Path, which leads to the Citadel. We later used the Collectors Three and the Soul Essence of Asmodan to create the first House Prime Artifact (the Heart of Shadow), which was created in Gerriel's Sanctuary by the Penumbra, Prelate and the Kabal. We also had a lot to do with unearthing the 5 Caches, which are (or were in my era) sacred places, locked and used for the rituals of the Kabal.

Right, that was an eon and a half ago. What have you done lately?

An excellent question! Here is a list:

1. We have reestablished a center of operation (Guild Hall), fought with a Titan (Agonarius) over what the Guild should be doing and subsequently purchased rights, locks and keys from him. We are very grateful to Agonarius for taking the time and effort to set up this Guild Hall for us, showing us what is possible and then allowing us to learn for ourselves what is possible when a group of people actually.... Dream.

2. As stated above, Agonarius and the guild managed to unearth the Crypt shortly after doing some experimentation on the South Sanctuary. Details of this is learned during the entry process into the Guild, or to anyone who just wishes to know in general.

3. The Guild has been reorganized. New keys have been made and secured. We are currently working to repair the destruction and/or building of the Corrupted Portals in Threshold and the damage done to one of our own locks.

4. More.... to be known upon entry into the Guild.

So how do I get into the Guild?

Another excellent question! Curiosity. Inquisitiveness. The Kabal have members belonging to other Houses & the FreeSpirits. The thing about the Kabal is ... you may not know you are a candidate, but you may have shown some exceptional qualities that would fit the Guild's standard and not even know it. All members will not hold keys as it just isn't practical or warranted, tho ALL members will be granted access to the Guild Hall.

To join? Ask. Inquire. We do have some rules about theft & destruction of the Hall's property, but these are about the same as the rules for the Houses and other Guild Halls.

In conclusion

The Kabal isn't an offshoot of the Redeemers (that is the new stronghold at the end of Edgeward Barrows). The Guild is much older than that. Think of the Kabal Guild as a sandbox. The area has been squared off, materials & information has been placed inside and all that is needed now is a few people who wish to do more in the City of Dreams than fight over land, trinkets, bobbles, and such, and actually Dream and DO something within the City for the advancement, enjoyment and amazement of others.

Interested? I do hope so. We are in the midst of a Chaos Eclipse which just might destroy the City if we don't think... THEN act appropriately. The one I went through was devastating. But it taught me something: if people can set aside their differences and join for a common cause, great expansions are indeed possible within the City of Dreams.

Seek...

*Battle of Lost Caves - There have been two posts with the two opposing histories of this plane. They can be located within these Archives. Lost Caves History, Part 1 and Part 2

[/b]
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

The Screchethan Kabal - Journal Entry #7

Post by -Lacie- »

The meeting set for this past Sunday was well attended and productive. Set up as an informative venue for the City, with tours included of the inside of the Guild Hall, many attended and had many of their questions answered. I was especially pleased to see the City Guard as well as Eldryck Venym in attendance. Letting the other groups and houses of the City know more about the Kabal was the intention of this gathering.

For those unable to attend, I will provide a small summary of the goings on:

The meeting began in North Sanctuary with me giving some details of the history and nature of the Screchethan Kabal, as well as where to find more information in the Archives. I tried to keep it informal and allow for questions, and several asked very good questions, which clarified things for others.

Eventually, someone asked about tours inside the Guild. Those who know me, know what a private person I am. But, this isn't about me, and I pushed that nature aside, and took two small groups on a tour of the inside of the Guild Hall. The "tourists" were allowed to look around, examine talismen and ask further questions. The two groups were very respectful and polite and seemed to have their curiosity satisfied.

As a result of the meeting and tours, I believe we may have two more dreamers who are interested in joining the Guild, which is a pleasant bonus. After the tours were over and I was in the process of cleaning up, we were visited by the Caretakers, who also received a tour. Frank brought his Apprentice, Seeri, with him. She is an interesting lady who I hope more of the City gets to meet.

We have several projects going on within the Guild, which have progressed nicely recently. Future journal entries will provide what public information would be deemed appropriate for general consumption.

If anyone missed the meeting and tours and would like such, I am usually in the Lost Caves and the North Sanctuary is a good place to go to find me. Otherwise, please seek me out in the City.

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Re: The Srechethan Kabal - Journal

Post by -Lacie- »

You have entered Lost Caves

>She runs her fingers along the edges of the silvery, metalic stand, curving along the sides of the hematite basin on top. Her senses fill with the scents of the candles; her mind fills with possibilities; a slight smile crosses her lips.

>She turns towards the Cache and enters quietly, leaning over and checking on the condition of the sapling, nodding approvingly at its health and height.

>She returns to the Crypt, sitting down on one of the higher steps and removes her journal from her pack, opening it to a fresh page, pausing to look around the room again.

Journal Entry #8 - The work begins.

Current projects will have to be put on hold for now; the Chaos Eclipse strengthens with each new dream and we have important work to do. The City needs us, that much is evident. Time will tell how the efforts will be appreciated.

Two pressing goals befall us; one that can only be done in the City, and one must which stay within the confines of these secured walls. I will need my materials and my instruments, but that won't be a problem. The other members are ready for this. Others will want to help; that should be allowed as well.

>She mutters thinking of how Ra'as feels his diety is the only one who can get anything done in this City.

Purity will be kept, in small, intense quantities, within the room of positive energy. In here tho...

The other room contains the Positive Energy. Nothing extra in here. Too many things could go terribly wrong in here.

>She looks to the ceiling, making sure the huge pyre isn't charring the top of the cavern, then nods as she returns to her journal entry.

The other room contains the Positive Energy. This room now permeates with Negative Energy. Since the pyre has been set and heating the Crucible, the Air hangs heavy with it. I could sit and bask in the energy all day, but that only helps me.

The first hurdle I see would be getting the repaired Generators working. With the addition of cyclical energy, anything placed within the Basin in the middle will receive the benefit of both types of energy.

I would say using Chakrams would be the fastest way to get the Generators sparked into life, but that may be quite dangerous. Fast might be better tho; time is so short and there is so much we must do.

>She licks her bottom lip slowly, thinking to herself, "Ye only dream... twice." and grins, shaking her head.

Once the Generators are shocked into working order, I will need a strong Soulie here to douse the process in waves of Water.

>She nods to herself, considering the right Soulie for that job.

This must be attempted before the City Guard attempts their assault upon the Mount. If we can get the Generators to supply the Basin with Energy, their efforts will be rightly timed and more successful.
>She draws a crude sketch of the Generators, each suppling the Basin a single thread of energy and forming a triad. She circles the drawing a few times.

The other project is something the Kabal excels at and will be a much easier task. My ... Other will be able to aid considerably in that project.

The search will begin immediately and it will most likely take little time to discern the location of the Ancient Sanctuary.

>She makes a note to craft a couple of Divining Rods in the margin of the journal entry and snaps the Journal closed.
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Post by -Lacie- »

Journal Entry #9 - The Flaming Crucible

The Crucible's sides have an erubescent glow about them. It was ready.

The Chao Processor would be needed, of course, and the prototype of the Collector that I was able to cobble together. Should be close. Should be...

She nods a few times as she writes, biting on one fingernail idly

I left the Circle intact, hoping to attract the proper amount of energy from the Opposite. A day... two at most should produce a result.

She stops to fashion a banner, warning the others of possible sparks, flying debris & explosions.

Results take time, we have very little....

~L~
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Post by -Lacie- »

Journal Entry #10 - fin

Betrayal. Rubble everywhere. I should just close it down and let them have this... too. Maybe it was never to be in the first place, or not needed here in this City. Maybe the next one will...

She picks up the Thank You note off the ledge, noticing the distinct markings and coloring, just shaking her head.

I see no reason to hold the Guild open any longer. It is not wanted in this City, so it will not be. I will be in the Ossuary, should the need arise to speak. Otherwise... Guild disbanned, Hall closed... until further notice.

~Lacie
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Re: The Srechethan Kabal - Journal XII

Post by -Lacie- »

She reads over the last entry in the journal a few times before pulling the quill from her hair.
A few taps of the stiff quilled feathers reminding her of her mood. She begins another entry, the tears it from the journal, turning to a fresh page

NOTE: Journal Entry XXI destroyed in raging pyre

Entry XII:
Note to Self: This isn't about me.

The Guildmates were, of course, furious, but not at the vandals. They were furious with my decision. Once again,
the Teacher learns.... or tries to. But this is behind us. We move forward.

The South Sanctuary project WILL proceed on time and on schedule. You know where I am; meet when you can.
Material storage... not an issue. See me for a list of what we need.

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Re: The Srechethan Kabal - Journal XIV

Post by -Lacie- »

She stood there stoically; CrossWind slapping strands of hair across her face sharply. Atop the Peak, she could see nearly the entire City, but that didn't matter. It was the... CrossWind. Usaually brisk, true, but this was different. She could taste the scent of something.... different.

"What was this? Where had it come from?"

"Didn't matter."

It was getting stronger, and quickly. A sickly, sweet scent it was, like Poisonous Nectre; lured to the tongue, and quite lethal... to mortals.

"But then again, I'm nay mortal.." The words seeming to slip out as an exhaled mutter from her lips.

JOURNAL ENTRY XIV - South Sanctuary Project (SSP)

The SSP will proceed, as planned. First, a Summary:

1. The Area was once part of the Guild Hall confines, but was released by Agonarius, in an effort to maintain the flow of travel in the Rubicon Ring.

2. Discussions were held by the Kabal about making the South Sanctuary into a place that would be a haven for the Datoke and Kotoke. Agonarius and the Kabal then removed the properties of the Sanctuary, with Agonarius teaching how a pad of concentrated Elemen could and should be constructed.

3. The South Sanctuary was then removed of haven-effects (for dreamers) with an added restorative area for them to rest for a few moments. This area was marked in their way. The Negative DreamSoul effect is harmful to dreamers.

4. In the first month of this year, I purchased the Guild space from Agonarius. He and I had some disagreements on how the Kabal should proceed. I am an Alchemist. Any experiment is still theory, until it can be repeated and/or undone. This will be our next phase.

NOTE: The Kabal will be asked to donate any and all positive DreamSoul Elemens. This is, of course, AFTER members get their new keys. Please see me for more detail.

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

The South Sanctuary Project (SSP)

Post by -Lacie- »

Journal Entry XV - SSP

First, an update on the Strength collection needed for the re-keying of the Guild Hall. This is to repair the damage done by vandals a week ago. Goal = 12,500 strength & half of that has already been collected. Member donations are encouraged. Keys will be handed out upon completion of this goal.

The South Sanctuary & the notes from earlier experiments have been studied extensively. Below are the conclusions, based upon facts gathered:

1. Phase 1 was a set of experiments, (material list may be discussed inside the City with members only) which altered the Sanctuary into an open, regular area. The central pillar was removed and replaced with a Negative DreamSoul Pad. Jutting claws around this Pad were installed to provide warning to those unaware of the change.

2. Phase 2 will be to change the properties of this pad from Negative to Positive. This will be done with two steps:

Step 1 will be to use the energy from the Positive side of the Guild Hall, the Cache, to flood the chamber with positive energy. This will be accomplished by fertilizing the sapling in the Cache's pool (again, material list upon request & to members only). The IronThorn sapling (Ferrum Spinam) requires some delicate maintenance as well. Consultation with both a Horticulturist and an Herbalist to be scheduled. Once this consultation has taken place, additional materials may be needing to be gathered.

Step 2 will be to physically force DreamSoul into the Pad. This will be accomplished using Chalk-based Elemens. Chalk has been chosen due to their stability and low per-charge amount. Using Blood or Fire-based Elemens may be too much at once. Phase 1 was done gradually, and Phase 2 should be given equal time. A second ingredient will be added at the end of this Phase, to counter-balance and offset materials used in Phase 1. Please see me as soon as possible for the name of this other material needed.

NOTE: Please bring all Chalk-based Elemens to the Cache. They are easily attainable from the Mares in the Lost Caves as you hunt. I will Recharge and Combine them as needed. Granted, we have NOT re-secured the Guild Hall yet, so it is possible some people do not wish us to learn how to create a DreamSoul pad (although I can't imagine WHY anyone would wish to hinder this effort). So, if you go to deposit some Elemens in Cache and see none, please report it to your handler. Also, make sure the Chalk Elemens are NOT negative Elemens, please!

Seek...

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Journal XVI

Post by -Lacie- »

While surveying the damage done by the recent vandalism of the Crypt, I noticed a crack at the base of one of the walls. I am not sure if it was always there, or if the vandals made it. Matters not. When I slipped my hand inside (it was just big enough for my hand), I felt something inside. After gently removing the item, I realized it was a set of scrolls.

Oddly enough, they are in my native language. The following is my translation of the set of scrolls. They were quite decayed, but seem mostly intact. Forgive any errors in terminology. Ye tongue be s'foreign & difficult for me at times.

Tale of Teng and The Treasure Hoard (scroll #1)

Once Agonarius had been banished the second time, Teng had the ravages of war to contend with. The Caves were the best place. Well known in its secret passages, tunnels and such, Hasenthes' tribe, The Screchethan Kabal, knew this place better than any. Valuables, spoils of war and sacred items were gathered from the far reaches of the City, where they had been hidden, and placed in a sub-floor cache for safe keeping. Teng was the only one now who knew how to enter or egress from this safe, but temporary vault. Well, another knew, but he had been banished.

The tribe traversed deep within the Caves, their treasures too valuable to be merely locked away in a cavern. While the tribe settled into a routine, those trained in cavernous exploration prepared themselves and went to secure a location deeper within their underground home. Teams were Joined, Restorers were in the North Sanctuary, ready with their quick skills. Communication was critical; once false step or turn could be fatal. The men traveled quickly, but cautiously.

Along the path down, the men came upon a significant gorge which seemed completely impassible. While leaning over, one of them slipped and fell several feet to a ledge below. The Restorers did what they do so well, and a convenient rope hefted the large man back up to the path. Once they regained their focus, another man noticed something off in the distance.

"Is that a bridge of rock crossing this Chasm just ahead?"

The parchments crumbles here leaving most of the text illegible. There are words like "found" and "perfect", but little in the way of any further description.

The Restorers were becoming anxious towards their teammates, letting them know the Resilience Elemens were running out and that they could barely hear them anymore.

Then a dead silence.

These men had been trusted to find a location for their Hoard, carrying it deeply within the Caves. The tribe waited a few hours and then sent in another group to retrace their steps. The second crew got as far as the rubble blocking the path the first teams had laid behind them.

It was the one of the SoulMasters in the North Sanctuary who first noticed it. Beset with anger, remorse and failure, he heard a slight, but familiar whisper. It sounded like:

"Safe, secure, alive. Will be alright down here. Worry not."
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Journal Entry - XVIII

Post by -Lacie- »

The South Sanctuary Project

Tonite, we make our first attempt to further alter the properties of the South Sanctuary, within the Caves. It will be a two-step process.

First, we will work on the claws jutting from around the center pad. We will need to fashion something to draw up the energy underneath each claw. This energy can then power 4 Braziers around the center pad. Hopefully the process will burn up the claws in the process.

Secondly, (and most importantly) we will begin the process that Agonarius showed us, only we will be using materials exactly opposite of what he used. This will be an attempt to change the Negative energy of the pad into Positive energy.

Results of both to be added...

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Journal XIX - SSP Experiment #1

Post by -Lacie- »

The Sanctuary was in dissarray. DreamSoul Dust scattered all over the ground, burn marks from the fires and electrical charges. It smelt of decay and a mist hung from the ceiling which could only be described as a post-battle haze. She sat on one of the higher steps, her eyes barely reaching the foggy mist, took a long, slow breath in and reached for her Journal. A contented, calm expression crossed her lips, a dazzling twinkle sparkled in her eyes as she pulled the quill from her hair.

Journal Entry XIX - Experiment Results/Conclusions

NOTE TO SELF: Opposites... oppose.

The first experiment produced some interesting results. First and foremost, it is confirmed that we can affect the properties of the Sanctuary, at least temporarily. The Unity of Opposites* has been proven yet again. I just didn't see the bigger picture. He made it look so simple, but I had only seen part of the process. He was clever, but I... am moreso.

I will not only have to recraft my tools, but I also need to find a way to craft three devices:

1. Collector - to draw the positive energy from the Cache towards the Transducer.

2. Transducer - to both receive the positive energy, but also expell the negative energy towards the Recepter.

3. Recepter - draws the negative energy from the Transducer and into the Flaming Crucible.

Secondly, it is confirmed that the small amount of DreamSoul and Dreamer Essences used was enough to affect the Negative DreamSoul pad. The room Quaked and rumbled, participants were Terrorized and Blinded, then FireStormed. When a few of those gathered dared to drain their own DreamSoul into the pad, the reaction intensified.

Lastly, the experiment proved to me so many things... all at once. The night after, I paid a visit to the Citadel for some Meditation and hopefully ... clarity. As I practiced a few arts and allowed the pad to revive different Elemental energies I had spent, the true nature of pads was made clear.

I had used Trituration as if applying the powder to the pad would invoke a Distillation process. Wrong. I was wary of bringing Vitriol to the equation, but that was going to be the only way this would work. Transformation will take a third step, the purple phase had to complete before the energy could be redirected.

Her eyes glaze over as several ideas at once come to her, thoughts, complications, explanations, questions...many questions. Her eyes grow intensely Azure and sparkle like the stars in EverNight. She looks up from the Journal, though her hand continues to pen, her lips whispering softly, "I didn't think it'd be possible but... it just might work!"

The Negative DreamSoul pad was drawing in energy, not emitting like the ones in the Citadel. This made perfect sense; when covered with DreamSoul dust, the pad became clogged with a material it uses, true, but not in the preparation it was accustom to receiving. The pad need a human host, to trasmute the DreamSoul Elemens into a form it was accustom to receiving. If this can be attempted while the Positive chamber forces Positive energy into the Negative pad, it just might get past the pad's defenses. A Misdirection. To distract the pad long enough to force in Positive and draw out Negative energies.

*Unity of Opposites - "It defines a situation in which the existence or identity of a thing (or situation) depends on the co-existence of at least two conditions which are opposite to each other, yet dependent on each other and presupposing each other, within a field of tension."

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Post by -Lacie- »

SSP Experiment #4 - Notes

Consider the triangle.

/\

The apex (or top) would represent the South Sanctuary.
The lower left corner would represent the Cache (positive energy).
The lower right corner would represent the Crypt (negative energy).

The Cache energy was focused though a Transducer and aimed at a similar device installed in the South Sanctuary.

The Sanctuary Transducer is a bit different than the other two, as it flows both inward AND outward, which is aimed at the third device in the Crypt.

This flow and redirection of energy is the means by which the Kabal intend to re-infuse the South Sanctuary with positive energy. The negative energy in the negative DreamSoul pad will be Channeled into a Crucible which has proven to be able to hold this energy ... contained.

Journal Entry XX - SSP Exp #3

Last evening I would consider a complete success to the beginning of the solution. The participants last night were instrumental in helping set up the experiment and then evoking DreamSoul arts to help force the flow of positive energy.

Once the Sanctuary lit up with flames, the jutting claws set ablaze and water spewing from cracks in the Sanctuary walls, we moved to the Crypt, to set the flow of energy.

First the Crypt's device, then the Cache and finally the Sanctuary. The rooms began to shake and groan from the influx of energy thru the ancient cavern walls. It was noted that all five Focal Elemens were present, once the cavern stilled.

NOTE TO SELF: Cranial coverings may be required for future experiments.

After a series of wind gusts and fires popping up everywhere, the rooms themselves barraged attendees with rages of FireStorm, Terror and Blindness.

No serious injuries were reported, although Poppygirl did hide behind Myridian Sun through part of the experiment.

Phase 2 of this process will be to gather a significant amount of items connected to DreamSoul. These need to fill the chamber, to reinforce the positive flow and keep things moving around.

Monitoring will be critical during this first phase and I urge all Kabal members to aid in checking on the rooms. If you need a new key, just find me.
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Re: The Srechethan Kabal - Journal XXI

Post by -Lacie- »

She sits in the Crypt, back against the wall and legs folded under her. Her journal in her lap, she chews on the quill as she looks over her notes of the first phase. She scratches out....

Phase 2 of this process will be to gather a significant amount of items connected to DreamSoul. These need to fill the chamber, to reinforce the positive flow and keep things moving around.

She leans her head back against the wall, the Air filled with the scent of pure Negative Energy. As her eyes close, a long, low moan escapes her lips, as if every breath was the most delightful of treats. Another long, slow inhaled breath is exhaled more as a silent whisper, "Utter bliss, Blissful Instability ...". An almost unnatural calm drifts over her in waves of shadowed fog. Eyes still closed, quill to parchment, her hand begins to pen....

Journal Entry XXI - SSP

After close study of the results of Phase 1, and speaking with colleagues, it was decided that we should consider how the first Sanctuaries were crafted. Elements of each of the Five Focii were used along with a catalyst to stabilize and equalize the energy surge.

This was accomplished with a lot of help and a bit of Insight. Participants were asked to craft a turbine specific to their Focus. They were placed in the Sanctuary, along with a Vitriol and a few other key ingredients. Those gathered were then asked to help extinguish the Fires and repair the cracks where the Water was entering the cavern, rather quickly. A trench was dug towards the Basin, to allow overflow to continue on its path.

Then gathered in the Crypt, the Transducer devices were turned off, allowing the system to Balance out and still. Shortly after the Caves grumbled and shook, all gathered were expelled from the City abruptly and violently. Upon re-entry to the City, we found the portals on both sides of the Sanctuary had been stilled from the numerous blasts and explosions.

For now, we will take care and watch the sapling closely. We will give the portals one week to settle, then make an attempt to force them open... ourselves. Our work must go on.

She stands and lets her gown fall to the ground, instantly consumed in vapors by the Air in the Crypt. She pulls out her new leathers and the cloak she had made, whispering, "It is time."

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal