Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Chaos Oddities

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Chaos Oddities

Post by Arnaya »

This is a collective scroll, contributed to by Purple Lace, Uthanatos, and myself, for archiving the assorted oddities associated with this Chaos Eclipse. So please, if you have any such experiences, let one of us know either in the city or via pigeon.

~ Arnaya, Wordsmith
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Re: Chaos Oddities

Post by Arnaya »

There's been quite a few odd little happening lately, From Visions and spirits manifesting (As House Calenture has experienced, look for a first hand account of that soon from one of their members) to empowered mares.

LadySilver reported the other day, that she had seen a bogrom glowing with Chaotic energy.. and "Steve" (A shamblix in Albino caves). Here is her account of it:

"He was scraming as the chaotoc energy around it was released into him. I was assaulted twice with tempest but it was just me and the mare. As i watched the shamblix screamed as some chaotic energy swirled around it, and at one point it crackled with chaotic energy like the mare was being attacked by something i couldn't see. I never have seen anything like it so i was careful to remember what i saw. I figured i should let one of you know. Wait i missed something, I read it wrong. He was screaming as the chaotic energy was around him and it was released in a dark nova. I have never heard of a dark nova, sorry i thought my notes were clearer. In truth i was slightly rattled."

Thank you very much for reporting this, LadySilver. I would like to encourage everyone to let one of the wordsmiths know if you have any experiences like this, so it be properly tracked. Raw notes are fine, we're more than happy to clean them up for legibility purposes.

~ Arnaya, Soulmistress
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Post by -Lacie- »

In the past week or 10 days, I have personally witnessed a few oddities that I would like to make note of.

1. There was a large green streak of chaotic energy which streamed across the sky a few days ago.

2. During LadySilver's Teacher RoundUp, there was a flash of Terror which swept through the Library.

3. One afternoon, Lu and I were hunting the Shamblix in Lost Caves. Each time it appeared, it glowed with green energy, getting brighter and brighter until Raichuelle finally appeared (instead of the Shamblix). It chased us and eventually collapsed me, stealing a very precious item from me.

If anyone has any recollections of any of these anomalies, please let one of the WordSmiths know, so that the documentation can be made. My recollections are scant; it would help to have location and description of said incidents.

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

Recently, a strange green glow was emitting from the center of the city, it was assumed to be from Chimeric, as the area had recently been warded off. Caretaker Frank came to a group of us as we pondered what to do about the odd growth on the ward in the threshold of the Light and asked us to join him at the telescope in the Alliance. As the telescope focused in, it became apparent that the assumptions were correct and the candlemare was indeed responsible. It appeared to be attempting to open a portal of some sort and several plans were discussed on how one might distract it. After much discussion (and more than a little bickering) it was decided that the use of one of the chaos weapons would at least be likely to get it's attention and break it's focus.

At this point, Horron was dreaming and so Arnaya, Magnum-425, Synteny, and Uthanatos set off up the Mt. After a brief staging and tactical session in the Illapse Keep sanctuary, the group entered the former stronghold of the Light and defeated Horron. At this point, Synteny utilized the Dreamseer chaos blade to trap it in a chaos cylinder and the group set off to the valley. Shortly after the cylinder was placed into the Altar in Toothy Point, the green light from chimeric flickered and stopped. While the Candlemare did not emerge, it appears that, for the moment at least, it's efforts have halted.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days