Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The Pedantical Laboratory and the Apparatus

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Emet
Dreamer

The Pedantical Laboratory and the Apparatus

Post by Emet »

Hello!

I believe the time has come to advise the whole of the City of a little project I'm working on. The restoration of access to a powerful research laboratory in the Lost Caves. The Pedantical Laboratory is in the Lost Caves, and houses the Apparatus. The Apparatus is a powerful energy source and energy manipulator. It has depths and roots throughout nearly the entirety of the City of Dreams, running directly through its core.

Sound dangerous? It is. Toying with this object could kill you. Its happened before. So why am I uncovering it?

Because the Apparatus is capable of wonders, and I am the its last living master. I spent years and years learning its secrets in the Idoaclesian city, and while I would never claim to know them all, I am well versed in its usage. The Apparatus has created artifacts of incredible power, spawned Generators on the other side of the dream, and altered or even created arts. It is capable of even more, with the right hands directing it.

I intend to continue my work of creation and wonder with this device after uncovering it, but advise others not to attempt to activate it. The Apparatus is only made safe for use by a collection of Artifacts that serve as its tools of manipulation. Without these artifacts, using the Apparatus is foolhardy at best.

I look forward to a productive, wonderful future for the City of Dreams as this long-lost relic is restored to us. And I invite any who wish to participate to come and assist me in my efforts to uncover it.

Please seek me out if you have any questions about the Apparatus, or my efforts to restore access to it.