Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

More thoughts on marriage

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

More thoughts on marriage

Post by Elmer »

You might remember my writing on Some thoughts on marriagesome months ago when I was a first time newlywed! Well here we are 6 months in from being with my signifigant other and I thought I would share some more thoughts!

Big deal you say, 6 months! well from what I hear, 6 months with someone in the City of Dreams is like a golden anniversary on the outside!
So how does it work? what keeps it going?

Respect! respect and honor your signifigant other, do not ever treat them like they are less than you or anybody else.

Support! support your partner in their endeavors, even though you might not particularly agree with them, if you can't change their mind, be there
with loving encouragement.

Don't let yourself go! ok, i'm not a shallow guy, however!, even though your partner loves you with all your wrinkles, calloused heels, stinky pits, snaggly fingernails,
bed head and morning breath, it is still a good idea to keep yourself looking, smelling and feeling, handsome or pretty, and fresh!

Intimacy! never stop getting your freak on!, i know after some time you are not rolling around every 15 minutes in a groping frenzy, or maybe you are!, excellent!
however, with the ins and outs of the daily grind (no pun intended, or was there?), sometimes we just don't feel that sorta way, i get it, but never shut your partner off
completely, a little snuggle, a loving smile, a playful tickle or kiss on the cheek goes a long way.

Say sorry! whoever said "love means never having to say you're sorry" had a screw loose and most likely never had a lasting relationship. if you mess up, FIX IT, talk, say you're sorry if you were wrong or somehow hurt your partner and MEAN it. True love can overcome many obstacles.

Daily reminders! i tell my husband every single day that i love him, usually several times a day, and i back it up! always let your partner hear, see and feel how much you adore them on a daily basis.

Keep it fun! We all need our serious and pensive moments, however, don't ever lose the kid in you. though my husband and i are not spring chickens, we often remark on how we "are teenagers", we keep our relationship silly and fun, some days we laugh literally for hours, as we just cut up and have fun.

Keep it fresh! don't ever be afraid to try new things! never stop learning! doing! trying!

Never give up! lastly, don't give up, you have vowed to stay with this person for life, do your very best to live up to that and honor that vow.

Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-