Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Musings Of An Older Soul~What We Think We Know

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Cianne
Dreamer

Musings Of An Older Soul~What We Think We Know

Post by Cianne »

This is not a poem, nor is it a story, it is an observation and it is a declaration and
an apology.
Too oft in the City of Dreams, we find ourselves at a stand still, dead ends, perhaps feeling a bit sorry
for ourselves.
We get angry, we lash out, OR we keep it all inside, until ultimately, we go away. Over the years I have done
this many times, sometimes, it is by my choosing, other times not. In doing so, I never thought of how my
going away would affect anyone, as I selfishly disappeared for weeks, months, years.

No matter how much you think that no one cares, at ALL, I can almost guarantee that there is at least
ONE dreamer, who is greatly affected by your absence.
I didn't think this, I had no idea, until this most recent return.

A couple of weeks ago, I was approached by a young lady whom I had met over this last year, a lovely
girl, a usually very quiet girl, a misunderstood girl, a complicated girl. A unique and amazing girl.

I was humbled and I was taken aback as this girl let me know just how much I had been missed,
and how it affected her over time. To say I was deeply touched, and very ashamed, would be an understatement.
Words can not describe how this show of emotion and affection warmed this old icy heart of mine.

My point? If you must go, and at times we all must. I implore you, to say goodbye, or say see you later,
to those you leave behind, so they do not worry, or stress or grieve.

Now, the poem, for my darling friend.

Please forgive me.
The lesson you have taught will remain.
You have made an imprint on my soul.
You are a shining light in a City of dark clouds.
Please forgive me.
My darling girl, wise beyond your years,
and years ahead of your time.
A treasure, a gift, I did not know
I had
a friend like this.
Please forgive me.

~c~

~Practice patience and silent reflection in a moment of anger ~ It will save you infinite moments of regret~