Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The Refulgency of Rally #2

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

The Refulgency of Rally #2

Post by -Lacie- »

Alright, the stage must be set and the plot must be thickened, so here it is. This story will test your senses, tangle your minds and have your curiosity at max before all is revealed. So... suffer!

Sir Slicer settled himself into the comfortable, overstuffed chair almost immediately. He figured the chair would help conceal his identity, but Sir Emory knew immediately who his first customer of the day was. It was the feet, you see... and the smell. To Sir Emory however, a customer was a customer and he welcomed the distraction from the evil name project that his love had set him upon this dream. Emory began to gather needed supplies: clippers (industrial-strength, of course), heavy duty file, a bucket of hot water, several bottles of different potions, designed especially for pedicures. Sir Emory blinked with a start suddenly, realizing one of the most needed items were out of stock - the lavender scented De-greaser and Exfoliator.

"Well this is discouraging and slightly embarrassing... ma'am." Sir Emory glanced up only slightly at Sir Slicer. It was easier to keep the laugh impulse down when he didn't make eye contact. "Let's get you soaking and I'll make a call to Sir Chauncy for the Exfoliator."

Sir Slicer didn't care at this point what was needed as he stuck both feet into the warm, soapy water. The sensation was refreshing & he even noticed that the horrendous odor was subsiding slightly. Sir Emory quickly grabbed his communication device and typed in a quick message: "Need Degreaser here now! U-No-Who is here!" Sir Emory was settling Sir Slicer in for a nice long soak when the doorbell rang over the door again. "This is turning out to be a busy day", Sir Emory muttered under his breath as he went to greet the next guests.

Sir Chauncy felt the familiar vibrations of his communications device within the pocket of his robes. Removing the device and glancing down only made his left eye twitch several times. "No sweet love poems, no encouraging thoughts... no! I'm an errand boy now, it seems!" Sir Chauncy slammed down his stone clipboard, the quill rolling off the desk and onto the floor as Sir Chauncy rose and reached for a case of Degreaser. "That man should own stock in this stuff as much as he goes through." Sir Slicer was the main reason they had to keep a large supply of this item; it was the only substance which removed the callouses off Sir Slicer's feet. Sir Chauncy gathered the needed items, along with some Crease Grease™, and left the quiet of his office for the Spa.

Peridot and her companion, Donny Brook had entered the Spa and were taking a look around. Peridot truly loved the place and felt right at home inside. She began showing Donny several things. Donny became immediately fascinated by the wide and luscious selection of nail polish colors. Donny's eyes glistened and he barely heard his mate explain the different hair care treatments she was pointing out to Donny. Donny Brook was a bit of a wild card; perfect for the stable, organized Peridot. They made a complete couple and a fantastic fighting team. However, Donny had one weakness, one true joy in his dreams... Peridot's nails. He would spend hours painting delicate, intricate designs on each of his love's finger and toenails. With Peridot's exquisitely designed hair and makeup, she was a sight to behold.

"Welcome to the Restfu.... the Spa! How are you two? Can I help you in any way, or would you just care to look around for a bit? Help yourself to freshly squeezed juices." Sir Emory was always so cordial and appreciated all visitors, regardless of house affiliation. He hadn't noticed neither of them bore a crest.

Peridot always spoke for the couple. Whenever Donny would speak, most times blades were drawn and a fight was on the horizon. Besides, Donny was mesmermized by the color selection of nail glosses and finishes on the far counter. "Afternoon, Emory. We're just looking at the moment. Is Chauncy in today? I did hope to speak with him about something."

"He should be on his way in a few moments. Please, be seated and I'll make sure he sees you as soon as possible." Sir Emory had the original idea about the spa, the layout, the concept and even how to decorate and advertise, but everyone always considered Sir Chauncy in charge of the Spa... incorrectly. Sir Chauncy had enough to manage, but always made time to help Sir Emory.

"Do you sell these glosses and polishes? Or are these just for in-house use? And who the hell does the application? Where is your staff???" Donny had a habit of being overly direct on some occasions and awkwardly obtuse in others. This is why Peridot mostly did the talking.

Sir Emory had returned to his customer, one foot in hand as he struggled to trim the toenails one by one. "Well, we do have several positions open." He glanced more at Peridot than Donny. He picked up the file and began to scrap and file down one nail, irritated that Sir Chauncy was taking so long to bring the supplies he desperately needed. "Would you two be interested in an Albino Mudbath for two? It's a special we're having this week. Two for the price of one!" Sir Slicer pulled a few strands of the Peridot-wig over his face and slumped down in the seat some.

"Perhaps after I have a talk with Chauncy, sure." Donny's eyes grew wide at the thought of being with his mate in a vat of slippery Albino mud, his eyes danced at the possibilities. "The rooms are private, right?" Peridot blushed and swatted at Donny. It was then that Peridot took more than a passing glance a Sir Slicer's Peridot-wig. "You look familiar, ma'am...did I sell you a wig a while back?" Sir Slicer kept both feet in the soapy water and shook his head, raising his voice to a high pitch, "I got this wig at a second hand sale up at the stronghold in Totality." He slumped farther down into the chair. Peridot scratched the back of her neck, getting more than curious and started to approach the ~woman~, when the doorbell rang once more.

Sir Chauncy kicked the door open with one foot, slamming it against a perfect display of soaps and lotions. The items wiggled and teetered, but nothing lost its place in the display. "I thought you were going to move that out of the way of the door. Oh! Good afternoon, everyone! Pardon the raucus, my hands are over full!" With that, Sir Chauncy dropped his load of boxes, and a cloth sack of items which banged together as they settled on the floor.

Sir Emory immediately rose and met Sir Chauncy at the door, ignoring the quip about the display and placing his open palm on Sir Chauncy's cheek. "Thank you so much for bringing the supplies, m'love, and Peridot mentioned she wanted to speak with you." Sir Chauncy's otherwise tense expression calmed instantly at his touch and turned to smile at Peridot. Noone seemed to notice that Donny had been looking a bit too closely at the nail gloss colors, as if picking out which ones he was about to abscound with.

While Sir Emory returned to Sir Slicer and his soaking feet, jug of Industrial-Strength Degreaser & Exfoliator - Lavender scented, in tow, Sir Chauncy straightened his robes and hair and turned to address Peridot, his back to Donny. "Yes, I've considered your offer for a position here. You see, since leaving the Mount, I have realized how I would enjoy being a part of your shop here. Is the offer still open?" Peridot was always so direct, and her words made Sir Slicer wiggle around in his chair a little. Sir Emory settled Sir Slicer by grabbing one foot and applying a large smattering of the Exfoliator onto it. Sir Slicer immediately felt the scrubbing effect and eased back into the chair. The scent of lavender seemed to soothe everyone's nerves... especially Sir Chauncy.

The mere mention of house politics got Sir Chauncy's lip to begin twitching. Since leaving the stronghold in Totality, the effects of the stress had begun to show at the oddest of times. "Oh certainly! You are a welcome addition to the Restfu... the Spa." Everyone jumped with a start as a loud buzzing and beeping blared from the nail care section of the shop. There was Donny, hands full of glosses and polishes, a contemptable look on his face. Sir Chauncy went to the counter and pressed a button, silencing the noise and calming his nerves. "And I hear your mate is rather adept at nails and polishes?" Sir Chauncy gracefully lifted Peridot's hand, admiring the intricate designs painted on each finger. "His work? He could be an asset too, if he chooses not to remove the items from the shop."

Sir Emory was finishing the second foot, both looking more like feet and less like the fungal growth on the side of a tree. Sir Slicer sat up, his wig moving slightly off kilter as he admired his toes with a smile. Sir Slicer graciously handed Sir Emory two beautiful Chakrams and a Shield, patted Sir Emory on the back and tried to make his way to the door without being noticed.

"Oh my gods! That's my dress...and my wig! Where'd you get those, lady? Oh crap....seriously? It's... it's...." Donny quickly went to Peridot's side, fanning her slightly with one hand. Sir Chauncy was always quick with the perfect thing to say... but found himself at a loss seeing Sir Slicer definitely in a dress and wig. "We don't ... discriminate here. We welcome all." was all Sir Chauncy could muster without bursting into laughter.

Sir Emory was cleaning up after curing Sir Slicer's pedal extremity. "We do need to get ready for the group coming this evening. Mill Kicksum's barmaids will be here in a couple of hours." Sir Chauncy spoke up instantly. "Care to stick around and try your skills out on a group?" Both Peridot and Donny nodded eagerly and started for their respective stations, looking over the setups and making the areas ready for customers.

Alright, so you know the barmaids are all tending to LeFitte and company. How will the barmaids be able to make their spa appointment? Will Mill Kicksum find some battle or beast or fight somewhere to distract LeFitte to? Will something happen upon the Mount? Will Emphants and Bograms start sleeping together? Tune in next week for the next installment!

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."