Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The Generator Project #2

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

The Generator Project #2

Post by -Lacie- »

The first experiment was conducted on the evening of July 8th, around 8pm DST, and well attended by 2 of the 4 open strongholds, along with several FreeSpirits and new Dreamers, not to mention the gracing of the area by two Datoken soon afterwards.

Meeting in Syriand's Temple, Citadel (the GK temple), and after a brief explanation of what was going to be attempted, all Arted up. Those who didn't have filled Chaos Wells, were offered some to use for the experiment. There was approximately 2K worth of Strength used in the experiment.

Once we gathered around the waterfalled Gen in the Approach of Syriand, I placed a Churning Crucible™, which is used as the catalyst to begin the improvement process, down at the base of the Waterfall. Immediately afterwards, all gathered placed filled Chaos Wells directly into the small pool around the Gen.

I noted the time and set the timer for 10 minutes, completely prepared to have to wait on the Gen to absorb the items. Surprisingly, the items were completely absorbed only three (3) minutes later.

The Gen then quickly produced a Fire/Abyss Shield (96/96 13%). I reached down to retrieve it and was quickly Blasted. The Gen sparked wildly, shooting out small fires all about the area, quickly extinguished by the splashing water of the waterfall. The Generator continued to spark, leaving tiny flames all about. I counted 6 flames in all, basically in a circle around the Gen. Those gathered quickly managed to extinguish the flames through different methods. Smoke began to rise from the water in the pool around the waterfall. Meanwhile, others received doses of Blast.

At this point, Coraal suggested that perhaps some of the energy may be leaking out of the Gen, (maybe too much strength was used?) and then further suggested I place an empty Chaos Well into the Gen, to gather or absorb some of the excess energy. I did as suggested and the Gen crackled and the sparks slowed somewhat, but still emitting some sparks intermittedly.

As the sparks slowed and ceased, a high-pitched humming began, then louder and sharper, more like a shrill whistling sound. This didn't suit Gorgunsun's ears very well, making him howl loudly. The sound became so obnoxious that it began to affect our hearing to the point of becoming Deafened by the noise.

The Gen had continued to produce Talismen, and of a better quality than normal, more suited to a Dreamer between orbits 5 & 15 (instead of its usual items suited for a Dreamer of orbit 1-5). There was a sharp cracking sound, then Blindness & Darkness filled the room, affecting all those gathered. Then more Deafenness.

When we were able to gather our senses, we looked around at each other. It was then we noticed that Synteny had been collapsed. Asking Restoring him and asking what happened, he explained that he "...didn't know what happened... I felt a strong pull on my avatar then just blinding pain", at which point he lost coherence.

The Gen continued to produce better items for a time; 10-22 Will elemen, several Pure items, and other things that might be considered an uptick from the 1-4 items it usually produced.

The gathering then proceeded to draw conclusions, offer suggestions for the next experiment and otherwise help eachother decipher the events they had just been privvy to. It was about this time that one, then another Datoke decided to come to the area to attack (Bank & another, I forget the other Datoke's name).

To Note & extend appreciation for their efforts, here's a list of who was in attendance (forgive me if I miss anyone): Coraal (joined by his husband, Elmer), Gorgunsun, Snyteny, Yarven Kreen & his wife Mintee, Entropy, Xyn Rhade, Em'et, & myself. If I missed anyone, PLEASE let me know!

Please see Notices & Edicts for the 2nd experiment notice for date, time & what to bring!

Anyone wishing to aid in watching this Gen & gathering data on it, please see me in the City.

Many thanks for all those who dared to attend and try to do something for the City at large!

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."