Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

A VERY different dream.

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

A VERY different dream.

Post by Elmer »

I opened my eyes in a dream and was confronted with a red brick walkway which had 8 solid doors, each with a different colored handle. This was not the courtyard I was used to, and I saw a large banner overhead that read, "Welcome to Meldhaven"

I chose a random door and entered.

I noticed Meldhaven had no nightmares as we know them, but several types of ground and water dwelling creatures as well as flyers, large and small. Some were aggressive, some not, I would not have probably noticed this but I was chased up the first plain by an over zealous honey badger nipping at my heels and snarling and snorting the whole way.

I followed each path to the end, here is what I saw.

The Plain of BoulderPass led to the:

Speluncky Headquarters -

This was a house solely of explorers. When I walked in I stirred up a cloud of dust from the thick layer of soil on the floor. They were friendly enough, but seemed preoccupied and were all in need of a good scrub down. Members of Speluncky spent the entirety of their dreams wandering around, searching and finding new areas. Their house flag was earth colored with a drawing of a human figure wearing a backpack in red. Their motto was - "Speluncky! No mountain too high, no water too deep!"

The Plain of Sunshine Meadows led to the:

Rainbow Connection -

The Rainbow Connection house, was a house of Artists of all types, musicians, painters, jesters, actors and actresses. The house had a light and jovial atmosphere and daily, they held fabulous performances for the City of one type or another. Their house flag depicted a rainbow scattered with silver stars. Their motto was - "Dream a little scene with me"

The Plain of Winding Meadows led to:

Critter Cove-

Critter Cove was not a house like any other, it was carved into, and out of, an enormous tree that grew out of a large grassy mound of earth. Inside, a pond that had moving water was in the center. This house as its name suggests, was residence to all non- humans dreamers. I was in awe as I watched them skittering, lumbering and flitting about. I saw everything from honey bees to badgers to mountain lions, elk and beetles. They did not speak my language, but seemed to be communicating among themselves very easily. Their flag was forest green with many drawings of different types of mammals, insects and reptiles. Um, I don't know what their motto was, but it was "3 squeaks, a quack, followed by a snarl, a succession of ribbits and a roar."

The Plain of Willowbend led to:

Skylight Academy -

Skylight Academy was a house of scholars and teachers. It was filled with libraries of books, ancient scrolls, tomes and parchment. Desks were filled with dreamers hard at study. their house flag was deep purple with a large plumed golden quill. Their motto was - "Study until your brain explodes, book-bind it back together, then study some more.!"

The Plain of Shadegully led to -

Cloudburst -

Cloudburst was creepy looking as I approached, towering and surrounded by a parapet. This was a house of Sorcery and Magic. Upon entering I saw many dark cloaked and hooded dreamers, though they were not agressive, they were all very quiet and seemed very focused on what they were doing. Strange odors wafted throughout and there were bubbling cauldrons, along with tables of what seemed to be herbs, mosses, powders and crystals. Their flag was black with a blood red wand in the center. Their motto was. "In fog we trust."

The Plain of Harmony Hill led to -

Doves of Amity -

The Doves of Amity was a house of Empaths and Pacifists. The serenity I felt when I entered this house really can't be described in words. I literally felt like I was wrapped up in a warm soft blanket the moment I stepped inside. There were dreamers of all sorts here, the diversity was spectacular. Their house flag was gold with a white dove in the center. Their motto was - " Violence begets violence - and really messes up your hair - save a comb, practice peace."

The Plain of Mullmountain led to -

Innovia Factory -

Innovia was a house of inventors. A fun and rowdy bunch, many wearing thick lensed goggles and tool belts. It was noisy and busy with dreamers rushing about and working on tables that had strange looking gears, springs, cogs and many things I had never seen before. Their flag was orange with a pair of black goggles in the center. Their motto was - "Innovia and You, We make some really cool sh*t!"

The Plain of Octagon Lake led to -

Bodega Boons -
Bodega Boons was a house of hunter, gatherers. The sole purpose of the residents of this house was to provide food and items for others throughout the City. Many of these dreamers would station themselves along the place where the house paths converged to offer goods for sale, barter or just give things to dreamers for free. The house was lined with shelves and shelves of items and trinkets of all sorts and another area was reserved only for food and drink items. Their flag was white with a red chakram in the center and a fork and knife in an X pattern, outlined in black, laying on top of the Chak. Their motto was - "Food and stuff - We got enough!"

Yea, so, this was a really wierd dream. If it happens again, I'll share for sure.

Elmer.
Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-