Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Passive Darks Have Their Place

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Cianne
Dreamer

Passive Darks Have Their Place

Post by Cianne »

Greetings everyone, it is good to see you all again.

I wanted to take some time to just share my thoughts on my time here with Dark Mares and the recent events in the City.

Since my dreams began nearly two decades ago, I have dreamed for the most part, as a pacifist. Concentrating on study, teaching, experimentation
and exploration. The Dark Mares have always fascinated me. Extremely intelligent creatures who have their own language, their own hierarchy's
and their own goals. There are now, and have been in the last some incredibly mean spirited Darks, however, there have also been some very
kind and yes, even caring ones.

I think back to my early dreams with the original Order of the Sable Moon, we were a house of learning, many fine Scholars were housed here.
One of our main goals at that time was the study of the Dark Mares.

Two come to mind that were incredibly special and unique, Gobolos, and later on Nipkath. Gobolos was a rather chunky, adorable friendly mare
who would visit us often, she wore a pink bow on her head, and she was rather enamoured with Ruler Roland, as I recall. She would visit us often,
we would have conversations with her as she would cuddle and coo, and she became a part of our house and family. We protected her dilligently
from over zealous dreamers who would wish to bring her harm, and she, in turn, would protect us.
Gobolos would stand up and defend us from the likes of Tzayak, one of the meanest, nastiest mares known to the city,Kruugaar and even, yes, Tehthu,
THE epitome of the evil Dark.
She would fight along side of us as if she were one of our own. Now, my memory is not as it once was, and I am not sure what became of her, but I have
so many fond memories of being in her presence, this was an amazing girl, and she was loved by many, and did not have a vicious bone in her chubby body.

Later on we befriended a little emphant Dark named Nipkath. I believe that Nipkath came to the City as Tarik Dahrans pet, Tarik was our house Seneschal
for a time. Again, my memory is not as it once was, so forgive the details here if you recall them differently.
Nipkath was extremely playful, and he would spend time between the Order of the Sable Moon and the original Alliance of the Eclipse. He was a happy little fellow
who, again, if you did not hurt him? He would not hurt you. Over time, and I have seen Nipkath over the last couple of years, got a bit aggressive, Why? Because
of constant attacks from over zealous, chest thumping, save the world types, who shoot before they think or even look.

Between Gobolos and Nippy, all of us at the Order and the Alliance, learned so much and saw
that these beings can in fact be taught, be loved and give love and learn from us, when we set a good example for them. I am sure there have been quite a few others
over my long long years in the City, but I'm getting repetitive, poor memory.

Now let us look at what is going on now. I have been back short days after quite a lengthy respite, and I have come into something very
ugly.
Though I was not witness to this, it was told to me that Korp'z, a passive Dark and Member of the Peace Corpse, was Struck down by Xun'Rok.
Bamra, a sweet little mare whom is loved by many, has been taken prisoner.

I had not had the pleasure of ever meeting little Korp'z, but I do know that he was hatched and raised by the members of the Corpse and lived among them
as family. I am going to assume that this little fellow was very passive, harmless and friendly, and the city, those who had wished to, would have been able
to study and learn much from him, now there will not be that chance. We will rise up and do all we can to release Bamra

Wee Bamra, is an adorable little soul, playful and kind, and it breaks my heart that she is imprisoned.

Blind hate is an ugly thing, murdering or attacking every Dark you see, just because you think you should and because everybody else is doing it,
is like ripping out the throat of every person with brown hair because you hate the color brown.

The Dark Mares are sentient creatures, they think and feel, they hurt, they love, they get pissed off, they do all of these things, JUST LIKE YOU do.
Granted, yes, I know there are many nasty ones who visit the City, but these little ones, they didn't harm anyone and would not have, and many
dreamers have been pained as the result of this, I imagine retaliation will be swift, I know it is justified.

What has been done to Korp'z, is cold blooded, heartless, soulless, murder. The City does not take kindly to murderers, Dreamstrike and bullying.

Sentient, passive Darks, have their place in the city, allow us to study them, learn from them, grow with them, stop this madness before it is
too late.

~Practice patience and silent reflection in a moment of anger ~ It will save you infinite moments of regret~