Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Final Locate Teacher Event

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Final Locate Teacher Event

Post by fr3y »

Frey: I'm actually kind of sorta excited about this one. We're going to finalize this thing by allowing all of my equiptment to be absorbed into the power source from the library in threshold pits.
Frey: I'm hoping to "teach" the city to locate teachers and for that we're going to be using several devices. Also if you can forge some small item that represents teaching, learning..
Frey: anything that relates to a past or future teacher, I'd like you to add that to the items being absorbed. Like I said, it's about intent and every little bit helps.
Frey: lets move to the library and continue.
Frey: i cant believe lace isnt here she sounded excited almost. And they're top on sense.
Tipsy: She's on umbric. Maybe she forgot
Frey: thank you all for attending
Frey: to the library
Frey: lets try to make a circle.
>Tipsy nods
Tipsy: This is the best I can do
Frey: I'm going to pass these items along and pass them in a cirlce please. a few require interaction. Also when you handle these lets try to think about our personal connection to teachers we enjoy.
Frey: Think of the item as benefitting the project and think of the item becoming more influential and stronger from your own participation.
Frey: We want this art, the city wants this art, and tonight we're going to make it happen.
Frey: we'll be the 3 that did it.
>Arlyana Jax nods firmly
Frey: First of all it starts with this. I've managed to condense all of our work with halos into this gem. It possesses a shifting focal energy that represents all halos equally.
>Tipsy nods to Frey
Frey: when you hold this, imagine your individuality flowing into it, the sum of all knowledge passed onto you through teaching.. the strength and knowledge that you've gained over time.
Frey: this gem represents the source and foundation of the art
Frey: pass it along then back to me.
>Frey passes the gemm to AJ
>Arlyana Jax closes her eyes and focuses, a smile crossing her lips
Frey: Next is the Transceiver unit. It pushes energy back and forth through the gem in pulses.. and provides a carrier wave for the gems intent to the receiving units.
Frey: When you hold it, think of the reliable strength it provides.. making the multifocal gems energy permeate our surroundings no matter where we go inside of the dream.
>Tipsy takes the gem into her hand and begins to concentrate, remebering teachers of the past and present
>Frey smiles at the two
>Tipsy passes the gem over to Frey, still thinking of things she's learned through the years
>Frey focuses thougtfully on the gem before placing it on the power source.
>Arlyana Jax touches each part of the transceiver, as if testing its strength
Frey: This is the Devouring Stone. Its hunger is neverending and eternal. This represents new teachers and ideas to the dream. This will allow the art to adapt to changes in our teaching lineup, and be sure that its knowledge of the teaching rosters are updated accordingly all of the time. for this stone, you'll see there is a fuzzy part along its underside. This thing will eat anything and I've been feeding it focal elemens all week long. Now it needs to taste some dreamers. Run your finger along the fuzzy surface, it will sting as you pull your finger back but it's a small part to pay. Trust me it's safe and you'll need a few drops of blood for this next part.
>Arlyana Jax mutters "Why is it always blood"
>Tipsy cups it into the palm of her hand, watching closely as the energy emanates, she passes over to Frey
Frey: I'm sorry it seemed appropriate. at least you don't have to collapse this time.
Frey: We're hoping the city accepts these offerings through this power source.
>Arlyana Jax runs her finger on the underside of the stone, barely wincing as a drop of blood falls to the floor
Frey: hey jade
Jade: Hello.
>Tipsy smiles "Hello"
Arlyana Jax: Alo Jade
Frey: ill repeat the last part concerning the stone for her.
Jade: Hael and I were waiting in Provenance. Did you change places?
>Arlyana Jax nods
>Tipsy holds the stone tightly into both hands, still concentrating before handing it over to Frey
Frey: This is the Devouring Stone. Its hunger is neverending and eternal. This represents new teachers and ideas to the dream. This will allow the art to adapt to changes in our teaching lineup, and be sure that its knowledge of the teaching
Tipsy: We were in the Provenance. We just came here a few minutes ago.
Frey: rosters are updated accordingly all of the time. for this stone, you'll see there is a fuzzy part along its underside. This thing will eat anything and I've been feeding it focal elemens all week long.
>Jade nods
Frey: Now it needs to taste some dreamers. Run your finger along the fuzzy surface, it will sting as you pull your finger back but it's a small part to pay. Trust me it's safe and you'll need a few drops of blood for this next part.
Frey: while you handle these focus on teaching or learning memories you have jade.
Frey: hand it back to me when youre finished.
>Frey lifts a small, wriggling sack before the attendees.
Frey: this is the last item.
>Jade nods to Frey and takes the item.
Frey: This is the flesh bud. It's basically a round... um lump.. of.. flesh. It will bite the hell out of you if given the chance. So don't remove it from this charmed sack. Drip a drop of blood onto its surface from your damaged finger thats all it takes. This bud will always remember you from a single drop and can adapt itself to mimic your flesh at any time. Its constantly changing flesh will provide the raw data and regulate the speed of the art in regards to cycling through individual targets. Please use caution with this. Trust me it feels no pain.
>Tipsy's locket pops open and whispers to Tipsy "this is getting weird", the locket closes quickly and falls back against her chest
>Arlyana Jax nods
>Frey carefully hands the sack to AJ
>Jade runs her right thumb across the fuzzy section of the Devouring Stone, wincing just lightly as it latches on. She closes her eyes for a moment, her eyes seeming to move back and forth behind her lids as she focuses.
Frey: Again if you can forge anything representative of teaching or learning memories to add feel free. We're hoping this power source accepts the offerings.
>Arlyana Jax holds the sack as far away from her as she can while still allowing a drop of blood to fall from her finger
Frey: ok its absorbed the gem.
>Jade releases the Stone and repopens her eyes, looking at the drop of blood, before handing it back to Frey.
Frey: Can you two add a support ribbon maybe ?
Jade: Yes
Arlyana Jax: Done
Frey: Now think of teaching memories.. learning experiences.. teachers you miss and enjoy.
Frey: think of our location in the dream.. As I said our intent is critical here.
>Frey breathes deeply and evenly, remembering various experiences
>Arlyana Jax closes her eyes and increases her fluttering speed, sending energy sparkles into the conduit
Frey: we can also evoke during this time.. if you think of anything that may help, feel free to do so.
Frey: Anything that seems feasible to you will help.
You begin evoking Locate Dreamer
>Frey watches another item be absorbed.
Uthanatos: Am I late?!?!
Frey: uthy focus on teaching experiences and learning please.. direct it to the power source.
Jade: Should I add the support now?
Frey: evoke if you wish.. or add a forged item that represents learning. yes
Frey: yes jade
>Uthanatos nods and takes a breath, closing his eyes as his forge springs to life
>Frey smiles at uthy
You begin evoking Locate Dreamer
>Jade reaches forward and adds the ribbon with the rest of the items.
Frey: we're just waiting for the offerings and gizmos to be absorbed.
Frey: i thnk aj got absorbed.. well it should help at least.
>Frey feeds his intent into the power source
Jade: This is intended to be a DreamSoul art, right?
Frey: yes
>Jade nods as she continues to mold an item in her hands.
>Uthanatos slides the disk up on the platform
Frey: they're being absorbed faster now.
>Frey adds the list of teachers from the previous weeks experiment.
Uthanatos: it's gonna take forever to break down the awesome of my talisman so that it can be absorbed
>Uthanatos grins
Frey: We're actually dont with the hard part if anyone's rushed for time. I'll be here to chronicle it for the archives.
Frey: Of course uthy
Frey: days at least
>Frey chuckles
Frey: we missed arny but I think we did alright..
Frey: a few mts and uthy.. what more could we need really
>Frey watches another item be accepted
Frey: Hello xyn
>Xyn Rhade nod a silent greeting
Frey: if you can forge a trinket representative of teaching or learning.. please add it to the rest. we're nearing the end.
Xyn Rhade: I can inscribe something to that effect.
Xyn Rhade: I don't have Forge yet.
>Jade complets her item and reaches for her halos, pinching a tiny sparkle out and adds it to her creation.
>Frey smiles at jade
Frey: thats fine
Frey: Thank you so much Jade
>Xyn Rhade nods as he sets to work
That's a Ring
A large, pulsating imitation of a GateKeeper's golden halo. Sparkles flash before your eyes with each turn of its constant orbit. Hovering obove it, is a nearly identical halo - only smaller. One golden sparkle shines brighter and spins faster than the rest.
>Jade places the imitation halos on the platform.
>Xyn Rhade smiles as he places the codex on the generator with the other items
>Frey smiles appreciatively at xyn and accepts his challenge
>Xyn Rhade chuckles lightly at Frey
>Frey shrugs
Frey: tonight were adding our work to the citys knowledge directly.. "teaching" it the art
Frey: now time will tell if it has an effect
Frey: thanks uthy. Im glad you made it.
Uthanatos: Time...time is abstract, we could know now if we didn't restrict ourselves to existing in one timeline and traveling it in a linear fashion
Frey: here we go
>Frey laughs
>Uthanatos grins

Eventually all items were absorbed into the conduit and now we wait to see the citys reaction.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.