Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Library Mission Boards: A Manual for Questers

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

There has been quite a bit of confusion among posters to the Library Mission, about how to structure their quests and set appropriate item retrieval criteria. So, I thought I'd put together this general primer. I hope this helps everyone.

First: Activate the Boards "Post" feature.

Second:
- Set the number of Days that the quest is to be active for (Maximum 30)
- The number of acceptees (This depends on the amount of energy to be rewarded. Reward multiplied by max acceptees but be equal to or less than the posters daily
allotment.
- Set Suggested Sphere: Unless your limiting it to newlies only, it is suggested that this be left as: "Any Sphere".
- Set Suggested Stat: Unless your quest is to be for a specific focus, it is suggested that this be left as: "Any Stat".
- Set Retrieve: You can choose either a talisman, or a codex for the student to retrieve.
- Set Energy to be rewarded upon completion: Standard is 500 (Allows for up to 10 Acceptees) or 1000 (Allow for up to 5 Acceptees).
- Write the Quests Summary: This is basically where you put the quests Title.
- Write the Main body text of the quest: This should include stating what you want the student to retrieve, or any specific individuals that you want the student to speak
with. Be detailed and write plainly to avoid confusing the student.

Third: This exact process of this step, depends on whether you choose Talisman, or Codex retrieval as the mission objective.

- If you Selected "Codex" as the retrieval objective: You must give a key word, or small set of key words that are required for the Boards to release the energy reward to the Student. The more keywords that are used, the more exact the message has to be.

- If you Selected "Talisman" as the retrieval objective:
1) Select the number of charges required: This is an EXACT required amount. If it does not matter how many charges, select the "Any Charges" option.
2) Select the required items appearance: Chakram, Charm, Elem, Alteror, etc... It is suggested that you stick with the basic Talisman forms unless you want the student to get an item forged specifically BY you, or one that you already have in your possession.
3) Select the Required Talismans Colors (First Colour, Second Colour respectively by selection box): Again, unless you have a specific item that you will forge, or have in your possession... it is suggested that you set only the first colour of the required talisman, leave the 2nd colour as: "Any Color".
4) Select Function: This is a simple selection, but the one that messes people up most often. For the student to complete the quest, the item they are trying to use must match the EXACT criteria you specified. So, again... unless you have a specific item on you, or that you will create for students to complete this quest, do NOT specify an exact function. Use the "Any Function" option.

Following the suggested Talisman Retrieval options will set up a quest that requires a student to have a Specific First colour item type (Chalk [whatever] shield, Blood [anything] elemen, etc..).

~Arnaya, Soulmistress Teacher

PS: I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me in the city, or via pigeon.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.