Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Q and A with Akkadian from 9/20/16

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Q and A with Akkadian from 9/20/16

Post by fr3y »

Arnaya: Just curious what the requirements and process are for adding sphere to ones halo repetoir?
Akkadian: The added ability to sphere requires a mentorship with me. We discuss many things about sphere and there are many opportunities for you to create examples and learn from them.
Akkadian: Once you have shown the desired ability, you will be granted the art.
Arnaya smiles lightly at Akkadian, nodding in understanding
Arlyana Jax: You must be 3rdsphere and have a minimum number of tasks completed by students
Arnaya: Well, I'll probably be looking you up to inquire further about that in the near future then Akkadian
Akkadian: Those rules are a basis for the ability to apprentice for sphere. Individual experiences as well as other aspects are also taken into consideration.

Arlyana Jax: Requirements to apprentice for a halo
Dina: i believe you have to be 3rd sphere, minors and majors at 30 and some dreamsoul arts to 30
Akkadian nods
Akkadian: Yes. That is correct.
Akkadian: If some arts are lacking, they may be worked on during the process.
Akkadian: But the majority of the arts must be to level.
Akkadian: Again, this is something that the mentor, apprentice and I discuss before anything proceeds.

Purple Lace: I wanted to first off thank all the Masters and Teachers for attending. This is a great turnout for this event. My question, Akkadian, is if there is anything we Masters may be able to do to aid in the teaching process, other than what's being done currently.
Akkadian: I have been working with many of the Masters to prepare them for the responsibility of writing Train tasks for the teachers of the City.
Purple Lace: Is there a process for that?
Akkadian: I have worked with a few so far, and have my list of the next round of Masters that I will be working with.
Akkadian: I will eventually get to all of the Masters.
Purple Lace: Anything else we can do in the meantime?
Arlyana Jax: BladeSlayer, LadySilver and Em'et are the current ones able to task for Train, correct?
Akkadian: Also, the Masters should make themselves more available to students of the City. I understand that there are house issues that may limit your ability to assist everyone, however, I do not personally like those limitations.
Purple Lace: That is an issue we do need to address, Sir. Thank you.
Akkadian: Dreiko is another Master that can assist with Train tasks.
Akkadian: The Elders will still be the ones to improve the level, but the tasks can be given by those four Masters at present.

Dina: i had some things i wanted to bring up, lets say, bladeslayer, being a soulmaster/fatesender, not able to task for soulmaster arts, i would like to see if he can write tasks and i grant the art, as long as i get a codex from him? this
Dina: goes for others as well with the issue until it has been fixed
Akkadian: That issue is being addressed.
Dina: i am just saying it would help out in the meantime

Akkadian motions to Master Jade
Jade: Arlyana Jax told me she heard that Train Self can Train one plateau higher than our Train levels, but I was of the under the impression we could only Train Self as high as our Train?
Jade: Just want to make sure before I start gathering supports.
Akkadian: That is indeed a good question. The mechanics of Train Self did not always work that way. I will do my own experiments with the art and get back to you with what I have discovered.
Arlyana Jax: Em'et says he has raised some arts so far
Jade: Great, thank you.

Arnaya: Just wanting to confirm something. The current list of active elders that I have is Akkadian...
Arnaya: and Faelyn
and Nessa Tre
Arnaya: Oh, and Figment
Purple Lace: Malik?
Arnaya: Excellent, thank you. If you still have contact with Jasper and Malik at all, please pass along our best wishes
Arlyana Jax: Is Zaxun considered an Elder or a regular teacher?
Akkadian: Zaxun is not an Elder.
Arlyana Jax nods
Jade: He can teach more than GK arts, though.
Arnaya: He's a multi-focus
Sorsha: I had no idea Zaxun was a teacher
Arnaya nods to Sorsha
Arnaya: Both him and Xun'rok hold halo's
Aileron: I believe Xun is a MT halo as well
Arlyana Jax: What colour is Xun'rok's?
Aileron: DS
Arnaya: blue
Akkadian: Neither of them are Elder Masters.
Arnaya nods in understanding to Akkadian
Akkadian: As with many visitors to our City during its history, some of them have different abilities.

Thunderman: Would you be willing to allow for sphere three to be interviewed for rather than strictly quests before hand? Many times participation in large scale events is easy to fall in to without having the foresight for the student to have asked for a sphree quest.
Thunderman: Similarly, allow for the option for first and second plateaus to be interviewed for, with some exclusions to arts such as Forge Talisman, etc.
Akkadian: The assistance with the event is to be of significance. They can not simply attend and offer support.
Akkadian: Plateaus will be taught as they always have been
Thunderman: So no and no?
Arnaya: Yes, contingent, and No it sounded like
Akkadian: The reason being is this...if you obtain an art and have it plateaued to the third level and do not know anything about the art, where is the growth as a person along WITH the art levels?
Dina nods to akkadian
Thunderman: I would assume if you know the art that you know something about the art, and the suggestion was to allow first and second plateaus to be interviewed.
Thunderman: And third sphere to be interviewed.
Thunderman: The main point I'm reaching for, is some sort of consideration to retroactive trains.
Akkadian: The basics of learning that you need to work for what you achieve will be set at the earliest stages.
Purple Lace nods in agreement with Akkadian
Akkadian: The training will remain as it is. I understand your point of view, however this is the way it will stay.
Thunderman: Are Zaxun and Xun'rok subject to the same teaching standards as we are?
Akkadian: Meaning that they must offer quests for the arts that they grant?
Thunderman: So lets say they violate what you would consider one of the rules we're suppose to follow. If we break it, we are subject to removal of many stations not limited to Train. Are they also accountable to the standards you set forth, as we
Thunderman: all are.
Thunderman: We have no ability to remove them, let alone their Train.
Akkadian: I shall answer that question in this way...should it be found out that any citizen has been given a reward without following the proper channels, I will seek them out and remedy the situation up to and including dealing with them both.
Akkadian: I place a greater gaze upon the Citizens of the City. Everyone should already know better.
Akkadian looks over the rims of his glasses and scans the room
Thunderman: And for any other deviations they may do?
Akkadian: Deviations such as?
Thunderman: Such as retroactive train (where valid work was done), interviewing for third sphere, training Dreamstrike, etc.
Thunderman: Any of these deviations or other examples. I'm trying to ask you if its possible that dreamers may have train outside of your teaching circle you've established.. that we're all apart of.
Akkadian: If the citizens are trained by either of them, I will know and I will take action accordingly.
Thunderman: Is it possible that dreamers may have train outside of your teaching circle you've established?
Akkadian: It is not possible. I know of every quest, train, sphere and plateau that is given.
Thunderman: So I could not, for example, forge my own halo and adhere to reasonable rules that are slight deviations of yours?
Akkadian: I will not tolerate any variants of the teaching system that is in place.
Thunderman: Thanks for your clarifications.
Akkadian: Point being, do not try to circumvent the system. It will damage you more in the long run than the current visitors.

Frey:I know that the dreamseer master teachers spots are filled.. is there a process for determining if MT's are inactive, so their halos can be given to one interested in the position
Dina: there is a process you need to go through
Arnaya: Just one last question from me. I've been intending on trying to develop basic skill in another focus's major art.... if I do succeed in this, is it something that will be stripped from me by you or one of the other Elder Masters?
Akkadian: I keep track of the Masters. I know when they use their Train Self art and I know when they take apprentices and when they teach the masses.

Sorsha: just to clarify..in the matter of new spheres..If someone gets a new sphere and loses it the same day, due to an unfortunate incident..do they need to do a new quest for it all over again?
Dina: i thought you have to, but not as hard
Akkadian: Yes Sorsha, they do. Although, exceptional circumstances can be taken into account. Should something such as that happen, please seek out an Elder immediately.
Akkadian: That is usually the case Master Dina.
Sorsha: aye, thank you Sir

Arnaya: Just one last question from me. I've been intending on trying to develop basic skill in another focus's major art.... if I do succeed in this, is it something that will be stripped from me by you or one of the other Elder Masters?
Akkadian: As for your question Arnaya, many have tried to expand their knowledge base and none have succeeded as of this time.
Arnaya: I'm not expecting success from it really, just wanting to find out IF I should succeed, if it would be removed from me by one of the Elder Masters
Akkadian: I would have to say, that incident would be discussed at that time.

Mortas Le Rouge: I just want to know the list of laboratories in the city! Places where creations have taken place or need rooms that have great tools in them!
Mortas Le Rouge pulls out a notebook from within his trenchcoat and holds a pen to it's paper, looking to Akkadian
Mortas Le Rouge taps the pen on the piece of paper
Akkadian: I did not hear the question young one.
Mortas Le Rouge: Young?! Thanks i'll take that as a compliment!
Mortas Le Rouge: I need a lift of rooms and places where creations have taken places, rooms with great tools, where I can find them that sort of thing!
Akkadian: That is a great question for the Citizens to answer for you.
Mortas Le Rouge: You are a citizen too right?!
Akkadian: I have access to my own workshops.
Mortas Le Rouge: Take me with you!
Mortas Le Rouge tucks the notebook and pen away
Akkadian: Perhaps one evening, young Doctor.
Mortas Le Rouge: You must be being bashful! I have been called young in almost 300 years!
Akkadian: It is my honor and duty to offer assistance wherever I am able.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.