Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Consortium Update: December 31, 2015

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Consortium: Updated Dec.31/2015

Post by Arnaya »

I am putting this up as an ongoing record of the events of the city in regards to the group known as the Consortium. I will try to keep this as free of conjecture and personal bias as possible, with the goal of discarding rumour and gossip about this group.

If ANYONE gains additional information about this group, or its activities, please contact Arnaya in the city and relay the information for inclusion here. Credit will be given for any new FACTS that are forwarded unless the reporting individual wishes to remain anonymous. Information can also be relayed through many dreamers within the city, particularly Rasputin (Leader of the Prospective Gathering of the Entranced), or Liolira (Dreamers of Light). Notes can also be left in the Albino and Threshold Caves caches, though follow ups in person to prevent theft of the information is STRONGLY suggested.

Structure:
The Consortium has a specific structure to their membership. Each member has a specific role within the group. There are at current (Sept.07, 2015), six positions in the organization and apparently a seventh member has yet to arrive to fill in another position. This is a closed group that is apparently not accepting seekers at this time, though they have been doing some recruiting of dreamers.

Core Members: Senechal Crests
- Commander: Herbert (Claims to be the new Commander due to Raena Demora's removal)
- Confessor: Drex (Public Relations/Intelligence)
- Sorceress: Morganna (Metaphysics)
- Enforcer: Kael Lupich (Primary Combat)
- Parliamentarian: Daska Jerikko (2nd in Command and Group Coordination)
- Tinkerer: Silk Nuvas (Technical Support)
- Fulcrum: Lothrick

Neutralized Members:
- Raena Demora (Commander) Imprisoned or Deceased

Former Members:
- Lu Chaos (Self Demoted)
- Arnaya (Crest Removed)

Beliefs:
The stated objective of the group is Balance, in Drex (The Confessor) first explanation to me.... "Balance young dreamer, Balance. Cities have fallen due to an imbalance of power within them." Drex would not elaborate on the measures used to combat imbalances of power, saying only that it depended.

When asked for more details, and if there was an imbalance in the current city, Drex replied: "I fear there is a great threat from inaction within this city. It may soon be unrepairable if things do not turn around."

He went on to provide an example:
"The citizens of the city grow weary, and start to simply exist. Doing nothing with their time here. We could counter-balance a few different ways. We could supply you with new things to obtain in order to give incentive, but this would only lead to a growing greed amongst dreamers in time. Or we could supply you a threat powerful enough to force you to act. This would obviously cause you to think us evil, but either method would work just as well. No matter what, there is always a balance in things. I give you things, you get greedy. I hurt you, you hate me. Those thought to be evil may not really be such. They may simply be your next conquest. It depends on how you look at the City around you."

When asked about the groups views of the mares, Drex replied:
"The same as I view dreamers. When they pose a threat to the balance, I will do what I can to put them down."

Residence:
Protectors of the Radiance (PoR) House, atop the Valley of Totality Plane

All core members of this group bear the crest of the PoR Senechal (House Elder), and several have been reported to use the PoR house art "Radiant Blaze" (Combination Firestorm/Mass Blind, requiring Power Tokens to evoke) at high level, to great effect in battle.

NOTE FOR VISITORS: The Consortium has expressed that the stairs leading to the facades portals are considered the boundaries of the house. Climbing the stairs without invitation has been known to result in attack by the Consortium.

Allegiances:
Currently loosely allied with The Alliance of the Eclipse
Hostile terms with Dreamers of Light
Neutral with House Calenture
Hostile with Order of the Sable Moon
Hostile with "Landbarons" (Portunes)
Conflict with "The Sirens", claimants of UoC House and former controllers of the Hota Maren clan

Activities: (If anyone has further information about this groups activities, please contact Arnaya in the City)
- Claimed the Protectors of the Radiance house, calling it "The Consortium".
*Subsequent events and encounters have led to members of the Consortium plainly saying that they hold Castellan prisoner for attempting to cast them out of the Radiance.

- Admitted to imprisoning Castellan (Keeper of the houses), hostile relations with Portunes (Castellan's alleged friend and successor).

- Held the Palisades private, ordering the Dreamers of the Light out of the plane and initiating combat when DoL refused to leave.
*Held the Soul Essence of "Herbert", a known and reputedly well regarded Elder of the City (Soul Essence dropping by Kael Lupich during the palisades battle
noted above. Uncertain if the Soul Essence indicates the elders Dream Striking, or other soul separation technique/imprisonment. Kael Lupich is reported to have given up claim to the Soul Essence, stating: "He won't be needing it anymore."

- Repeated Violent clashes with Dreamers of Light.
*Reported to have been found loitering near the Dreamers of Light house at about 6am (Report from Liolira of the Dreamers of Light)

- Aided in Defeating Bandaret (Darkmare) while within the Palisades. Morganna and Drex of the Consortium, alongside representatives of the Order of the Sable Moon, Dreamers of Light, and House Calenture, were able to defeat the Dreamer turned Darkmare. Once he was reduced to a Soulsphere, Morganna recited an incantation (Bondum Enslavato Cadena, believed by the reporter to mean: Bond, Enslave, Chain) and began whispering to an orb in her possession. Bandaret woke shortly afterwards, saying that he wanted "Shineys".

Sept.06/2015: Leashed Hotai (Darkmare) with an Iron Collar (Morganna and Daska Jerikko, with Drex as support) and sent him into the Union of the Covenant to retrieve an unknown item, possibly from the Rulers are of the house (Liolira of DoL tracked Hotai's progress via Locate Dreamer from the Facade). Once the item was retrieved, Hotai handed the item to Morganna who told Hotai: "Excellent! You have served well, beautiful creature. Confessor, we are done here. I will return to the Consortium with haste! I release you creature. Feed upon your rage." Hotai promptly attacked the group assembled, though was handily defeated by the combined forces (Representatives of Dreamers of The Light, Order of the SableMoon, and the Seekers for the Gathering of the Entranced). One report claims that the item retrieved by Hotai was the Union of the Covenant Prime Artifact.

Sept.07/2015: Arnaya and several members of the Dreamers of Light (Bladeslayer, Tember, & Jade), including Dina of the Order of the Sable Moon and Free Spirit Wolfgar, went up to the Gathering of the Entranced, seeking Morganna (she was mindblanked and the Gathering of the Entranced was the only Sense Location that was unaccounted for by locatable dreamers). While she seemed to be inside the house, she woke shortly after the groups arrival, and returned to PoR where she was joined by Raena Demora and Daska Jerikko. The dreamers followed. Bladeslayer of the Light and Arnaya (Prospective Gathering) attempted to get the Consortiums attention inside. After a few minutes, whispering was heard just inside. A few minutes later, Raena Demora exited the house. She was immediately met with attacks by the Dreamers of Light. Dina and the Light Members stated that they had been attacked by Kael Lupich in the Palisades earlier in the day. A bell began sounding and Darkawakening came onto Sense. Clarity, Hikari, & Acerrav of House Calenture arrived at PoR at that time as well. Kael Lupich of the Consortium was located inside the house, and Morganna was noted to have woken. Shortly afterwards, Kael Lupich, Daska Jerikko, and Raena Demora came onto the facade and engaged Dina, Bladeslayer, Tember, and Jade. The Darkmare Hotano appeared and fought in support of the Consortium. The House Calenture members and Arnaya stayed neutral in the fight, only briefly engaging Hotano until he was redirected to leave them alone. DoL, Dina, and Wolfgar were forced to withdraw from the battle. The Consortium members agreed to remain and speak with the remaining dreamers (Clarity, Hikari, Acerrav, Wolfgar, Arnaya) for a time. Hotano remained for a time, glaring and growling at the assembled dreamers, but looking to Raena Demora for instructions. The following were the questions and answers.
Q (Arnaya): Asked about the Events the previous evening with Bandaret.
A (Raena): I was not present for any actions against Bandaret, therefore I will be of no help until I am fully briefed. I would probably be of help had I not been rudely interrupted earlier.

Q (Arnaya): Asked Why the Consortium was Dominating Darkmares.
A (Raena): They make fascinating pets. Everyone should have a Hotai for a pet. They will do practically anything.

Q (Arnaya): Asked about current projects and objectives, as well as the Item that was removed from UoC the previous evening.
A (Raena): You'll find that we aren't much for giving information. Although.. we will divulge things, when the time is right.

Q (Clarity): Inquired about the Union of the Covenant House and if there was any problems there.
A (Raena): I will say that there is a dark energy there, and has been for some time. (In reply to a comment about the house being cleansed already): Perhaps it is some residue. We are still investigating.

Raena and Daska informed the group that Morganna often roams about on her own, and has "unique" skill set amongst the Consortium. Raena also agreed to inform House Calenture of any further works within the UoC through the "Proper Liason".

Interview with Morganna: Please see attached Note

Consortium Update: Oct.01/2015: Please see attached Note

Warnings and Portents from the Sirens that seem to be related to this group: Oct. 05/2015. Please see attached Note

Rescue of Herbert and revelation of his membership: Oct.12/2015. Please see attached Note

Silk Nuvas and KoES: Oct.18/2015. Please see attached Note

Jade Amulets and Crimson Crests: Please see attached Note

View through the Prison Bars: Please see attached Note

Musings of an Old Soul: The Cell Please see attached Note

Raena's Warning: Raena Demora put a note up at the entrance of the city that read:

Greetings, Dreamers.

This is your Commander, here. As part of the Consortium Collective, I assure you that we are not finished with what have come to do. Last evening proved that we are not to be trifled with. If you continue to amass against us, we will have no choice but to take another. We have already chosen that dreamer... you will find out who it is in due course.

Watch your backs, or allow us to continue our work uninterrupted. Peace will be yours, if you want it to be.

Raena Demora
Commander
Consortium

November Update: Please see attached Note

December Update: Please see attached Note

Group Bios and Capabilities:

Herbert:
Role: Commander
Notes: Former Elder Master Teacher, cast out of Teaching order upon his affiliations being revealed. Holder of Dynroths staff and devices, recently claimed leadership position of the group with Raena Demora's removal. Known to abduct combatants to deal with them in single combat.
Primary Battle Role: Direct Combat, Arts Support
Sphere: Ninth (Elder)
Focus: Multi-focus

Daska Jerikko:
Role: Parliamentarian
Notes: 2nd in command, moderate to above average chakram combat skills. Suspected real leader of the Underlight Consortium group.
Primary Battle role: Varied, Direct combat and arts support
Sphere: Reported 9th sphere (By Liolira of the Dreamers of Light)
Focus: Believed to be multi-foci (likely all four foci)

Drex:
Role: Confessor
Notes: Skilled in battle. Known Abjurer (SoulMaster Major Art) and Reflector (Gatekeeper Major Art). One of the most approachable of the members, has been known to provide combat tips to new dreamers.
Primary Battle role: Direct combat
Sphere: Unknown sphere
Focus: Believed to be Multi-foci (Likely all four foci).

Morganna:
Role: Sorceress
Notes: Apparent controller and manipulator (metaphysics)
Primary Battle role: Arts support
Sphere: Reported 9th Sphere (by Liolira of the Dreamers of Light).
Focus: Believed to be multi-foci (likely all four foci)

Kael Lupich:
Role: Enforcer
Notes: Uses Paralyse frequently in battle, also Abjure, Ward, and Reflect. Disdainful of regular dreamers. Primary combatant for the group.
Primary Battle role: Direct combat
Sphere: Alleged 7th sphere, lowest sphere of the currently known Consortium members.
Focus: Known Multi-focus, Gatekeeper/Soulmaster. Possibly others, those two confirmed.

Lothrick:
Role: Fulcrum
Notes: Highly values knowledge, seems to prefer to avoid open battle. Strongly dislikes inactivity and apathetic dreamers.
Primary Battle role: Direct Combat and Offensive Arts
Sphere: Sixth
Focus: Multi-focus (Known to use Soulmaster, Dreamseer, and Gatekeeper arts)

Silk Nuvas:
Role: Tinker
Notes: Known forge master, also known Master (elder) teacher. Reportedly more of a contractor than a believer in the Consortium’s cause.
Primary Battle role: unknown, presumed to be Arts support
Sphere: 9th (Elder)
Focus: Multi-focus

Zatan Kane:
Role: Mercenary Bounty-hunter
Notes: Reluctant member of the group, working with them due to their captivity of his son (captured during the fall of Valouria). Defensive fighter unless pursuing a bounty.
Primary Battle Role: Direct combat
Sphere: 3rd (previously higher)
Focus: Multi-focus (Soulmaster and Gatekeeper at least)

Hota Maren Clan:
Hotano and Hotai have both been directly observed following the orders of Consortium members, including entering combat at their command against named targets. Consortium has demonstrated ability to prevent the Hota from attacking dreamers.

This information has been compiled and presented by Arnaya. All information presented is known fact (verified by multiple sources) or personally observed unless noted otherwise. Deductions and Beliefs currently held about the group are stated as such
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Arnaya
Dreamer

Interview with the Consortium: Morganna

Post by Arnaya »

Sept.08/2015

Please note that this is not a line for line transcription, but all direct quotes have been related as accurately as possible. When general argument and banter were involved, I have edited that out unless summary is required for accurate understanding of the next comments.

Morganna met with several people (Rasputin & Arnaya prospectives of the Gathering, Clarity & Acerrav of Calenture, Jade of DoL, and Wolfgar). She consented to answer a few questions and expressed her appreciation for the work that Arnaya was doing in documenting events, paying particular attention to lack of bias in the write ups.

Q (Arnaya): Inquired about Morganna's personal powers and abilities.
A (Morganna): "I spent many years, since my childhood, apprenticing to hone my abilities. I admit, I find myself still getting used to the aura of this particular city. It's one of the more complex ones I've experienced and that's a feat."

Q(Arnaya): Inquired more about the Aura, if it was accumlated energy of the dreamers that had been there.
A (M): "Something along those lines, yes. All cities are living breathing entities in our eyes. We are thought, as children, to be able to sense even the most subtle shifts. This city is rather young compared to many others within the Dreamscape. There are barely a few cities younger than this particular one."

Q (Clarity): Questioned Morganna's statement about the city being young due to previous elders statements about the city being one of the first, and lacking any knowledge of other cities until the Arretians were encountered.
A (M): "That is perhaps what your elders passed on but this city has a history of xenophobia. I know of a particular city that studied your own as you developed as a whole. They kept detailed notes of your progress. As the Consortium entered this city, we were met with a great deal of reproach and trepidation. I, on the other hand, I was welcomed because I was believed to be part of your kind or as I was called... "a newly". I gained a unique perspective during that time. I hold those memories dear. I was treated kindly by many although some mocked me but the former outweighs the latter."

Q (Clarity): Clarity made several observations about most of the Consortium appearing with “Senechal” crests from the Radiance, and dreamers reactions to a house of elders.
A (M): "Every member of the Consortium holds equal rank and we contribute to the Consortium through our own experiences and talents. What one lacks, the others compensate. I do not believe in violence nor do I desire to engage others.......in physical combat."

Q (Arnaya): Noted that despite Morganna's distaste for direct combat, she had apparently fought well against Bandaret.
A (M): "Drex and I are well... we've known each other since children. We spent many years apart. It was only recently that we crossed paths. It becomes difficult to suppress reservations when someone is in danger."

Q (Wolfgar/Clarity): Several comments were made about why dreamers distrust the consortium, and some theories were voiced about why DoL in particular had come into conflict with the Consortium.
A (M): "The Mountain Dwellers have no true sense of greater good. Whatever perceived notion they have of defence and protection is a masquerade for greed and personal gain. We have allowed our actions to speak for themselves. Unfortunately, perceptions become the reality for dreamers as someone recently said. Note: several other comments were made by others present, but Morganna did not acknowledge them."

Q (Arnaya): Inquired about the reason for enslaving the Hota.
A (M): "Preparation for what is to come... allow me to ask you this...Do you think it's for the greater good of the city to provoke sworn enemies to strike at this city again?" Note: Wolfgar asked for clarification of what enemies, and Morganna replied: “The Kadatorri” (A faction of darkmares)

(M): "They have been absent of this city for some time.. distracted by events far away. I pose to you this question... in whose interest does it benefit to bring them back? To breach their workshop and invade their stores? The moment someone attempts to set a foot in that cursed workshop, you'll be waking every single one of their kind." Note: Morganna confirmed in a vague manner that the location being referenced was the Keepers of the Eternal Shadow House

Q (Arnaya): Inquired if the Consortium was preparing for that event.
Q (Wolfgar): Inquired if the Consortium was in the city to stop that event.
A (M): "The eventuality of it will come to pass. We are preparing for it."

Q (Wolfgar): Made several comments about conquerors and inquired about how many other cities the Consortium had “Protected”
A (M): "For many of our members, they homes have been destroyed. Perhaps you missed that part. Valora. A'torcha. Tumira."

Q (Rasputin): "So your presence here is pure altruism?"
A (M): "No. Hardly."

Q (Rasputin/Wolfgar): Further inquiries were made about the Consortium’s motives and it was noted that the Consortium may be trying to lure the mares to Underlight in order to draw them away from the battle lines on other variants.
A (M): "We are not the ones seeking to lure them back. We are however, preparing to engage them head on and we are learning to use their kind against them."

Q (Rasputin): Inquired further about why the maren presence was of such concern to the Consortium.
A (Arnaya, playing a hunch): "Your seeking a weapon to bring back to the front lines of this conflict....against both the mares, and your rivals of the Realm Watch."
- (M): Nodded and looked at her orb intently. It is Uncertain if that was in reply to Arnaya's comment, or several other dreamers leaving, though no other comments were made directly to Morganna except one wishing her a pleasant evening before they woke. That dreamer was gone before Morganna's movements.

Q (Arnaya): Asked if she could see look at Morganna's Orb
A (M): "No. It must never leave my presence. I do have another inquiry... since many are made of me and seldom do I make any of those around me."

Q (M): "We are judge by the actions we take as a whole but who is to judge you for the inactions you fail to commit?"
A (Nearly everyone assembled): various replies, mostly summarized as “History” or “Our peers”. Arnaya did not that there had been some action taken, and Morganna complimented her on attempting to free Hotai on Sept.06.

Q (Rasputin): Inquired about the item retrieved from UoC by Hotai on Sept.06.
A (M): "And yet there is no desire to go to combat with any faction. Tell you as they may... we are often met with aggression without justification. We choose to restrain ourselves but there are times when dreamers just do not know when to walk away from a situation."

Q (M): For example, the Palisades. What is their purpose?
A (Arnaya): A prison Note: No further conversation on that topic

From there, the conversation moved into a discussion of customs and respect. Particular focus was made of house customs, and the authority of a house upon their plane versus the city in general. Morganna's response was fundamentally that they expect their rules to be abided at the Consortium. Further argument was made about the Consortiums laying claim to PoR by force of arms alone.

A (M): "How do you know what exactly was done to obtain entry? You do not, do you? You simply......assume things. In the little time I have spoken with you [addressed to Rasputin] I have made some observations."

(M): "Castellan was involved. And he attempted to go against the original parameters of our agreement."

The conversation developed into a series of comments back and forth at this point for several minutes. Morganna ended the conversation with the following:

(M): "The Consortium has been nothing but forthcoming with the endless inquiries of your ilk. It's simply a matter of hearing what we are saying and not what you desire to hear selectively. And such is the nature of the dream. The more questions we have answered, the more questions form in its wake. It's the proverbial hydra, do you not think?"
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Arnaya
Dreamer

Consortium Update: Oct 01 2015

Post by Arnaya »

its been a little while since I've written anything about this group. Partially as they have been less directly active lately, and partly because some of the interactions have been behind closed portals and have been difficult to collect accurate information on.

In the last couple of weeks, we have seen the following events (please note that I do not have first hand information about a lot of these, so am relying on 2nd or 3rd hand information).

- Silk Nuvas of the Consortium was seen engaging in negotiations with BladeSlayer, Ruler of the Dreamers of Light. The subject of the negotiations was for Silk Nuvas to gain possession of a piece of a Keepers of the Eternal Shadow house crest that the Alliance of the Eclipse held. After more than an hour of public negotiations, it was settled that Bladeslayer would provide 20 dreamer essences (no more than 2 from any given dreamer) and provide Silk Nuvas with a fragment of the KoES crest that he possessed as a form of collateral. Silk in return would seek out the Alliance of the Eclipse leadership to try and gain possession of their fragment. If no results were achieved in a fortnight, Silk Nuvas agreed to return the collateral to Bladeslayer. Silks stated intent, at least as a primary means, was to negotiation with AoE, though some comments were made that seemed to imply a willingness to take further action if negotiations did not pay off. The essences to be provided did not seem to be for a Consortium project, and Silk appeared to be negotiation on a personal level, not as a member of the Consortium. Silk Nuvas also informed Bladeslayer during this meeting that any crest construction or repair efforts would require an item called the "Fungus Egg" that was, at the time, lost within the city and was not in the keeping of any dreamer or house.
* NOTE: this instance was what led the Alliance of the Eclipse to destroy their crest fragment a few dreams later in order to deny Bladeslayer access to it. This caused DoL to declare both House Calenture and the Alliance of the Eclipse to be enemies of the city, and to engage both houses in open war. At this time, the war is still ongoing and there appear to be no current plans for terms to end it.

- Rumors: Since the Alliance of the Eclipse has since destroyed the crest fragment that was the subject of the previous interactions, several rumors have surfaced that Bladeslayer and Silk Nuvas have come to a new agreement (I can confirm that they were located in a high sphere area of the Library together a couple of dreams after AoE destroyed the crest fragment). Though confirmation of this agreement has not been made yet, the terms that are rumoured are: The construction of a new Keepers of the Eternal Shadows crest by Silk Nuvas in exchange for one hundred dreamer essences and the Fungus Egg mentioned above.

- Cianne: A couple of weeks ago, the Dreamer Cianne vanished from the city without notice. She had been reported in the Palisades on her own several times prior to her disappearance. This sparked rumors that Cianne had been captured and imprisoned by the Consortium. Recently, I have been informed by three sources that Kael Lupich has stated outright that the Consortium does hold Cianne (Report came from witnesses to an engagement with Kael Lupich and DoL inside the Palisades). Raena Demora has also confirmed (According to three direct witness reports) that Cianne is in their custody, but claim that she is not being held against her will. The reports state that the Consortium acted on Cianne's personal request for protection from harassment by the "Mountain Dwellers" (DoL), and that Cianne is free to leave her current residence any time she requests.

- Arnaya: A couple of dreams ago, Keepers of the Eternal Shadows house kept coming onto Sense and falling off again. The assembled group of dreamers in Threshold went to investigate. Arnaya (Gathering of the Entranced prospective) remained in Threshold for a short time to trance, and felt drawn to the House of the Protectors of the Radiance (Consortium stronghold) with some urgency. Arnaya went up to PoR, and was granted access to the house (The center portal began to spin briefly) shortly after Off Kilter of DoL arrived. Arnaya entered the house alone (the portal would not allow Off Kilter to enter, and ceased spinning before he could get to it) and spent some time roaming the house. The silence inside was only broken by her footsteps, except for one whisper in the empty Celebration Hall asking if anyone had seen enter. Arnaya confirmed that Off Kilter had seen her enter, and was met by silence. Arnaya remained inside for some time longer before leaving the house and joining an assembled group (Representatives of DoL, HC, and OoSM) outside. She was informed at that point that a rumble had been heard by the group while they were on Umbric Plains, and they had come up to PoR to investigate. At this time, there is no certain confirmation that the Consortium was involved with this incident as none of their members were located dreaming or revealed themselves in any identifiable manner.

No other incidents have been reported to me yet. If anyone has details of any of these incidents, or any that I have not yet mentioned, please let me know in the city, or leave a detailed record of the incident in the Threshold Caves or Albino Caves caches.
Arnaya
Dreamer

Warnings and Portents

Post by Arnaya »

Late in the evening on Saturday night (Oct.03/2015), several dreamers (Mixed representatives of House Calenture, as well as several free spirits and a pair of newly awakened) were interrupted in their conversations at the House Calenture facade by a warning from Yazashinare. In order to ensure that accurate information is available to all parties, the following is what was experienced by those present.

It started with a diamond object that flickered around the room. One of the free spirits (Arnaya) was eventually able to grab the item. It was a diamond made of pure dreamsoul that was identified as being functional as a +25 Dreamsoul Elemen. One of the dreamers, Rasputin of the Gathering of the Entranced, noted a marked similarity to reported items that were spawned during a Consortium experiment on Lambent Flats several months prior.

Immediately afterwards, a rain of dreamer essences fell from the sky. Pericules noted later that the essences seemed likely to be ones gathered by Yazashinare during a raid on the Union of the Covenant House several months prior by an assorted group of dreamers. The essences were gathered up by the dreamers present. This was followed shortly afterwards by a quake that shook the assembled dreamers.

As everyone was recovering from the quake, a rift began to tear open in the fabric of the skies above Evernight Plateau. Energy was seen crackling from the forming rift in sharp bolts of lightning and the sound of many people talking all at once echoed across the facade. Several of the dreamers present hear whispers during this time. Arnaya reported hearing: "This will be", while Pericules reported hearing the words: "The future". Dakkoth of the Alliance reported the words: "If you", and Jones Shaw (Newly awakened dreamer) reported hearing: "Do not act". No other distinct words were reported by any of the dreamers assembled. Pending further information, the assembled dreamers interpreted the whispers as a message reading in its entirety: "This will be The future If you Do not act".

At that point, the forming rift tore open, shrouding the facade in darkness. As the groups eyes adjusted, several Protectors of the Radiance flags were seen displayed prominently upon the HC facade. When collected and inspected, a Consortium inscription was noted on the banners. The group began making preparations to attempt closing the rift, when Yazashinare appeared for a moment in dreamer form, bearing a Union of the Covenant crest, stating only: "You have been warned...." before vanishing again.

The rift then closed abruptly and unleashed a wave of destructive energy over those assembled. This is the second known omen delivered by Yazashinare. The first was some months prior, and was documented at that time. I have attached a copy of that record Here for any interested parties.
Arnaya
Dreamer

Interviews and Mysteries:

Post by Arnaya »

On Oct.05/2015, I was approached by someone who had some information for me. Self preservation, and protection of the individual in question, demands that I withhold their identity from this document. This was not demanded, or a condition of them speaking with me... just me being cautious. Newly awakened dreamer Jones Shaw was present for the interview as well. This interview came about because of a hint that was received about the Consortium and the Landbarons (Castellan and Portunes in this city) having a shared link and that link being tied into the Consortiums current goals. Please note that I do consider the source credible, if mysterious (which will do as their handle for this interview).

While they did not have long, they gave me three questions.... and I will readily admit I could have been smarter about them, but time constraints didn't give me the luxury of careful planning.

Arnaya: The first question I asked was about the Origins of the Consortium and the Landbarons conflict.

Mysterious: They were once one in the same, well at least Castellan. His protege would have nothing to do with the Consortium. Castellan found great fortunes in holding the fortresses hostages until suitable dwellers were found.

M: The Consortium is a collective of many dreamers. The numbers represented in their current forms are by no means their actual numbers. There are many walking about the Dreamscape.

M: Almost a handful about within this wretched city. What they claim to seek and what they actually seek are two conflicting agendas.

M: Have you ever heard the expression... "one can be so good as to be truly evil and to be so evil, one can be truly good"?

A & J: Both stated that they hadn't heard the phrase before.

M: And perhaps that is the crux of the Consortium.

M: You know of their members. The Enforcer. The Confessor. The Sorceress. The Commander. The Smith. And others already known...

M: What if I told you there were more walking about within your walls?

Mysterious then indicated both Jones and Arnaya, commenting "Maybe Him" and "Maybe you". This was met by protests from Jones, but this reporter didn't get the impression that Mysterious was truly indicating they could be Consortium, instead simply pointing out the possibilities of hidden members in plain sight by using at hand examples.

A: Noted that she had suspicions about there being hidden members.

M: That is just it. Even they do not know who they are just yet.

J: Questioned how someone could not know something like that about themselves.

M: You break the will of any dreamer and you may just be able to make them want to forget anything about their past. You exposed them to something so tragic, so horrendous, so... traumatic...The loss of a city perhaps... the loss of a loved one... being exposed to the cruel reality of war... having everything taken away from you.... absolute power turning into absolute corruption. Imagine what you would do to be able to forget it.

A: Asked what the real objectives of the Consortium were, and noted the possibility of someone being forced to relieve such an experience repeatedly. Drawn from conjecture about the possible limits of at least one Consortium members rumoured telepathic ability.

M: Indeed. Even the Consortium itself may not know their true agenda. Shadows behind shadows. Mysterious left that there and asked about the next question.

A: Asked why the City of Underlight was so important to so many groups, particularly the Consortium in light of current events.

M: Perhaps you invest some time within your library and deep within scrolls. I imagine you have access to the answers others are too lazy or perhaps daft to seek. I'll give you a hint. It began with what once was lost and found. A spark.

M: And now there's the trademark crypticness you expect to find with those you deem elders. Although, I'm not.

M: And another hint... just in case you get bored while trying to figure the first one out...The Covenant, the Keepers, and the Radiance all held something in common. Perhaps if you discover that link... you might learn more about the motives behind the Consortium.

All told, I think I came out of the interview with more questions than answers. But Mysterious's comments give some fairly significant food for thought on the Consortium. I will ask that anyone with additional information about this group, current or past activities of the group, and its background please contact me.

I would like to thank Jones for his patience, nerves, input, and company during this interview.

~Arnaya, Investigative Reporter and general busy body
Arnaya
Dreamer

Jade Amulets and Crimson Crests

Post by Arnaya »

Its been sometime since I've written much about the Consortium. Part of that has been a lack of reliable reports about the different activities, and part of it has been due to the following events. As I was a direct participant in much of these events, this is a first hand account, though I will strive to ensure my usual objectivity on these reports is maintained.

Some time ago, I reported about being drawn to the Protectors of the Radiance house (current stronghold of the Consortium) and granted access, where a voice asked if I'd been seen entering. What I didn't report at the time, or speak of to any but a couple of select individuals, was that the voice spoke further to me. There was no one present that I could see, and I was unable to locate any of the Consortium members, so could not verify that the voice actually belonged to them.... or determine if it was a third party trying to mislead me.

The voice told me to seek a Jade Amulet if I wished to join them. Curious, I asked about the amulet and was told that it was an Amulet made out of Jade.... not an Amulet belonging to the Gatekeeper Ruler of Dreamers of Light named Jade. I was then summarily dismissed, and was unable to ask any further questions. Please note that everything except the above in my original accounting of this event IS accurate.

As I have been focused on gaining as much information about the Consortium as possible, I chose to pursue the quest, under the idea that once I had the Amulet in hand I could get more information and make a reasoned decision about how to proceed. Unfortunately, my efforts to find the amulet did not meet with success for some time. I searched every room and every plane I could access, and had those I couldn't searched by others. I believed it may lie within Keepers of the Eternal Shadow house, and had prior plans to try and enter there myself which came to nothing. During the search, I found out from two sources that I was under a death mark if I did not find the amulet.

Eventually, the amulet was found by sheer chance while I was pursuing a project to determine if there was a hidden cache for the houses or the city in Boggens Lair. Tember (Dreamers of Light) became stuck in the wall, and saw something glint off in the darkness beyond the walls. I released a pulse of sound (like what a bat might use) that returned with the image of an amulet. Tember attempted to reach for the amulet, and it skittered a little closer, but was still well out of reach. I asked Lu Chaos and Krodoc, who were also present, to use their Kinesis to attempt a recover of the amulet. Lu Chaos's initiate attempts were to not avail, the wall deflecting his attempts. I attempted to direct deep vibrations along the floor to help loosen the amulet, to little apparent effect. Krodoc joined in the attempt to retrieve the amulet, and the combined efforts drew the Amulet out. As it turned out, it was the Jade Amulet I had been assigned to seek. I was struck in the head by a rock loosened by my efforts, and Lu Chaos took up the Amulet.

Lu Chaos refused to bargain with anyone for the item, nor turn it over to anyone. As a last attempt, I explained the basics of the situation. Lu Chaos still refused to barter for the item. He eventually named a price, which was all of my Sphere's and my complete servitude. He then went up to the Protectors of the Radiance. After a few moments consideration, Tember and I pursued.. Tember having primary claim on the Amulet as its initial finder. Lu Chaos again refused to turn the Amulet over to anyone, and we attacked in the hopes of floating it out of him (He had stormed in Threshold, so we knew the item was not prime). During the battle, Kael Lupich arrived to investigate and a full battle between him and Dreamers of Light began. The battle intensified once Lothrick of the Consortium arrived and joined in. Lu Chaos was eventually floated when, weakened by the fight with Arnaya, he ran into the claws of the Agoknight on the PoR facade. He did not drop the amulet.

At the culmination of that battle, with DoL withdrawing from the field, Kael Lupich demanded answers about the cause of the battle. Arnaya explained the situation, and it was confirmed that the Consortium did in fact set me the original challenge. Lu Chaos and I were both given an additional challenge given that Lu Chaos had shown an ability to cause disruption and I had proven willing to fight. The challenge was to create our own crests. We were told that refusal to accept the challenge would result in our destruction then and there, and failure in the challenge would result in our destruction as well. I was also told that my time limit to complete the challenges was approaching faster.

After two dreams debating what to do, and being told repeatedly by Lu Chaos that we had to work together to complete our challenges, I decided that I really didn't want to go that far and told Lu Chaos as well as the Consortium to leave me alone and that I was out. Lu Chaos reported this to Kael Lupich, who sought me out and challenged me in Threshold about my words. After a few moments consideration, he ordered Lu Chaos to turn the Amulet over to me, overriding Lu Chaos's attempts to claim that Zero was holding the amulet for him. When I took the Amulet and wrapped it around my wrist, I was swept into a cell in the Palisades.

This is a first person account, but I have tried to ensure that any personal slant on events is absent. The above is simple fact as best I can verify.

~Arnaya, Chronicler
Arnaya
Dreamer

Consortium Update: Nov 2015

Post by Arnaya »

This month has seen a lot of activity, including the reported death of two dreamers. The Idoaclesian Elder Xiarasya, and Ashton.

Lu Chaos Leashed?: Lu Chaos has been noted with a Consortium Crest, from a couple of dreams prior to Arnaya, Cianne, and Grok Firebeard's rescue from the Palisades.

Xiarasya's Reported Fate: Lothrick of the Consortium reported that the Idoaclesian Elder Xiarasya had died of natural causes within the palisades, and that her remains had been removed. The ultimate fate of the remains was reportedly up for debate.

The Pheonix and the Fallen: A few days after receiving the advisement from Lothrick, Dreiko of the Order of the Sable Moon held a ritual to determine the fate of Xiarasya. This ritual resulted in a Pheonix manifesting itself and leading the assembled dreamers up to the Protectors of the Radiance house (stronghold of the Consortium in the city of Underlight). During the journey to the house, the Pheonix left behind a single Droplet of fire that was retrieved. Once on the facade, the Pheonix's flight became labored, and a female voice was heard throughout the facade saying: "You have taken two of mine, so I will kill two of yours!". The voice is believed to have been that of Raena Demora (Consortium Commander). The Pheonix was then struck by a bolt of lightning and fell into the pool at the heart of the facade.

Ashton was reported to have heard a whisper calling her a Tresspasser. Raena Demora and Lothrick were both sensed inside the house. Shortly afterwards, a dark mist emerged from the house and surrounded Ashton, dragging her towards the house. None of the assembled dreamers efforts were able to prevent Ashton from being dragged into the house where she was collapsed by Raena Demora and Lothrick according to Tember and Flower of Cienn (who were in party with Ashton). Ashton is reported to have been shrouded in darkness inside, and unable to see who was inside with her. Darkness shrouded the dreamers outside, near the portals to the house. During that time a mocking female voice began sounding around Dreiko, taunting him with the title "Liberator". Dreiko was the recipient of at least one whisper, believed to be a taunt for him to save Ashton before she was slain.

Shortly afterwards, a male voice was heard from inside the house (believed to be Lothrick's) sighing and saying "As you wish, Raena" only a split second before a sundering sound came from inside the house, followed by a blast of intense heat that washed out onto the facade. At that point, Ashton's connection to her party was severed as if she left the plane, and she was no longer dreaming. Raena Demora and Lothrick emerged from the house and handed out "Gifts" to the assembled dreamers. Those gifts were recognized by several present as items that belonged to Ashton, and that she kept within her pack. Lothrick claimed that the "Palisades debt is repaid" (Presumably, Ashton and Xiarasya's falling has been accepted by the Consortium as payment for Arnaya, Cianne, and Grok Firebeard's rescues). Raena Demora issued a further warning in the words: "Perhaps now you realize we will not likely be run out of here" and "Your weakest will suffer if you keep interfering.".

Raena Demora confirmed that Xiarasya's remains were no longer within the Palisades, but would not confirm where they lay, saying only that Xiarasya's Ashes "Could be buried under a tree, or maybe scattered somewhere". A battle broke out then between the Consortium members and the assembled dreamers (representatives of all four active houses). Though Kael Lupich (Enforcer of the Consortium) joined the battle, the Consortium members were defeated. Dreiko of the Order of the Sable Moon has sworn to end the Consortiums presence within the city.

Revelations: The evening after the previous events, Lothrick and Lu Chaos of the Consortium were located at House Calenture. Fangx of the Alliance of the Eclipse went up to the house to ensure that the house and Arnaya were safe, resulting in a battle between himself and the Consortium members present. After it became apparent that he could not win against Lothrick and Lu Chaos combined once Lothrick began using his arts, he returned to Threshold where Lothrick and Lu Chaos joined him and several others. When Arnaya entered the room, she was wearing a visible Consortium Crest.

In the ensuing Conversation, Lothrick assembled a list of dreamers believed to be important to three of houses (Shae of the Order, Hannababy of the Alliance, and Tember of DoL), warning of consequences to them for the actions of the city. Lothrick also warned that the cities Sanctuaries were going to be struck down, and gave Arnaya the public orders to assist Morganna (Sorceress of the Consortium) in changing the Alliance's house art to something completely different.

Raena in Evernight:Since then, Raena Demora has been interviewed by other dreamers as she was investigating the Evernight Plateau Sanctuary, and allegedly confirmed that the cities Sanctuaries are next on the agenda for the Consortium to strike at. She has also allegedly claimed to be aiming at DoL to start with. According to reports I have received about that interview, Raena Demora expressed some displeasure with Lothrick for speaking of such matters.
Arnaya
Dreamer

Consortium Update: December 31, 2015

Post by Arnaya »

This last month has seen a significant decrease in activity from the Consortium. Though some reports indicate a lot of behind the scenes activity. Below are the most significant events (listed chronogically as best I can put together) I've been able find out about.

Consortium in Threshhold: Reana Demora and Daska Jerriko were found in the Provinance in threshhold, and warned that the sanctuaries were going to fall. Four had been set as targets (Illapse, Evernight, Threshold, And Edgeward were believed to be targeted sancs). Daska used a prepared essence, throwing it at one of the torches in the room and causing an explosion. Apparently "Standard preparations" were to be used for the destruction of the sactuaries.

Jiovanni Taken: Reports from the darkmare VooDoo Indicate that Jiovanni was being held and tortured by the Consortium. Apparently he had sacrificed himself for someone (either Kaihan or Arnaya from what VooDoo said).

Reana Demora on Edgeward: Reana Demora was located in the Free Spirit Sanctuary on Edgeward Barrows. She told Arnaya that the entire sanctuary network was being targetted, and only a couple more needed to be selected and prepared before the entire network would crumble. A dark mare (Maxtra Ztatha) was also located on Edgeward Barrows, and was reportedly non-hostile. It was engaged by a group of dreamers, and Lu Chaos of the Consortium attacked the force going after the mare. At the conclusion of the battle, Lu Chaos was punished by Raena Demora for defending a Darkmare, by being turned into a woman. There was some trouble with this, and Reana was heard to grumble about botching a Dream Striking (presumed to be a reference to Ashton's striking). It was also mentioned that the Consortium inteded to strip the city of it's Sactuaries to leave them without shelter in the face of an upcoming Kadatorii invasion.

Jiovanni Confirmed Captured: A series of events (an apparition, another meeting with the Darkmare Voodoo, Jiovanni's voice addressing Arnaya and Gwydeon, and interviewing the bounty hunter Zatan Kane) confirmed that Jiovanni was being held by the Consortium. From a message on the PoR mission boards, he was being heavily tortured by Drex and Kael Lupich, though had managed a brief escape brfore being recaptured.

Lu Chaos loses it: In response to the Consortium refusing to keep Lu Chaos's pack full of topline equipment, and his second "revelation" that the Consortium meant harm to the city or at least its dreamers, along with regular attacks from DoL, Lu Chaos cleaned out the Consortiums library of all the Artifacts and items. Some of these items were given to DoL (mostly due to them being Prime and Lu being floated by DoL while carrying the items), the rest were given to House Calenture for safekeeping. Lu Chaos then demoted himself from the Consortium. Arnaya cleaned the few items that Lu Chaos missed in his haste, and divided them between DoL and HC (the only houses that had representatives available).

Reana goes Poof: Jade and Dreiko, with a group of others, were able to capture Reana Demora and strip her of her Consortium Crest before imprisoning her in the palisades. Initial reports had her slain, and were subsequently corrected. Reana left a parting message on the PoR mission board, warning Arnaya that the Consortium was onto her and saying goodbye.

Zatan Kane revealed: Zatan Kane revealed that he was only working with the Consortium to get his son back (captured by the consortium during the fall of Valouria). Full interview will be revealed in another article.

Rescue Effort: Arnaya organized a force to try and rescue Jiovanni from Consortium, but the group was unable to enter the house. Eventually they were attacked by Herbert, who drew Lu Chaos alone to the Unknown and floated him before returning Lu to the PoR facade. Herbert them took Dreiko to the unknown. After a few minutes, the sounds of battle were heard, and a rift portal opened on the PoR facade. Arnaya and Lu Chaos leapt into the portal to support Dreiko, but found that Dreiko was in the process of trying to talk Herbert into returning to the cities ranks instead of remaining with the Consortium. Arnaya and Lu Chaos' s arrival interupted this attempt, and Herbert attacked, believing that Dreiko had been playing for time to get backup. Herbert was defeated by the combined forces, and subsequently banished from the unknown by Figment, who revealed that he had been responsible for bringing Arnaya and Lu Chaos to the Unknown. Herbert stated that he was the new commander of the Consortium.

Internal Strife: From things told by an inside source, it seems that the public commander post of the Consortium is more of a figure head position, and that Daska Jerriko is the real head of the group, holding the other members in thrall by various leverage and promises. From notes on the PoR Mission Boards, there is some dissent within the ranks, and efforts are being made by a couple of Consortium members to break Daska's hold on the other members.

Consortium's M.O. Revealed: Thanks to a inside source, it has been revealed that the Consortium likes to appear in different cities just before their fall to "save" the city, and offers a refuge to the survivors in exchange for their services. The Consortium's appearance apparently often forecasts a significant assault by Kadatorii forces, hinting at a possible link between the Consortiums top leadership and the Dark Mare/Arretian/Illuminate Vanguard forces.

Ashton Revived: Ashton was returned to city, and once again dreams as she did before. The exact means used to return her to the city are unknown to this reporter, but her return has been greeted joyfully by many. Welcome back Ashton.

Jiovanni Returned: Apparently the distractions caused by a number of the events listed and some behind the scenes has allowed Jiovanni to escape and return to the city regularly once more. Welcome back Jiovanni.

- Written by Arnaya, Soulmistress
Arnaya
Dreamer

Consortium Update: Feb.08/2016

Post by Arnaya »

The last month and a bit has been pretty quiet on the Consortium front, there have only been two significant encounters with them.... both began by dreamers of the city to finish off the Consortium Presence in the city.

Mid January: Several members of the city, including key members of DoL, OoSM, HC, and a couple of AoE members joined together for an assault on the Consortium stronghold using several of the crests that have been accumulated over the last couple of months. The attack was successful, and the force infiltrated the fortress, overcame a darkmaren guardian, and was able to get a hold of the Soul of the Radiance.... the House Prime Artifact. Kael Lupich was sensed in the Lost Caves in an unknown area inaccessible to searchers.

Late January: Kael Lupich attacked the AoE ball held in Threshold Pits, floating a couple of people present as he made demands for the return of what was his (Presumably, the PoR Prime Artifact).

Early February: Under the leadership of Tember (Guardian of DoL), another attack on the Consortium took place, aimed at removing the new "Leader" of the group within Underlight, Herbert (Fallen Elder). With the aid of several members of DoL, and a couple of Free Spirits (Arnaya and Lu Chaos), Tember attempted to summon Herbert. The summons worked, but it worked by pulling Dynroths Staff (A long golden staff encrusted with rubies, sapphires, and other rare gemstones. It’s form fades in and out of visibility, as if it is in more than one plane of existence. The gold at the top of the staff spirals up clockwise in 5 different points, forming a large golden sphere. Inside the sphere, a glowing azure orb of pure elementium hovers.) from him. Arnaya initially claimed the staff when it appeared, but turned it over to Bladeslayer (Co-ruler of DoL). Herbert responded to the loss of "his" staff with a full out attack on the assembled dreamers. Casualties were light amongst the dreamers, though the battle was quite fierce, and Herbert was collapsed. Upon his collapse, he told the assembled group the following:

"My staff?! Where is it? Return it at once, it is the only hope this city has. Without it, you younguns are doomed. The entire city will be destroyed and there is nothing that can be done to protect you."

Arnaya attempted to collect more information about what Herbert was talking about, but was responded to only with: "You have no clue what is coming or how to stop it. It would be like trying to explain the universe to an ant. You do not know what forces you play with, youngun.". Before more could be garnered from him, his soulsphere was drawn to the essence used to summon him, and an explosion rocked the room. Herbert was located in the Palisades for a moment, then Blood curdling screams, the sound of ultimate suffering echoed throughout the entire dreamstate before suddenly going silent. At this point, it is believed that Herbert has been imprisoned in the Palisades along side Raena Demora.

~Arnaya, Soulmistress
Arnaya
Dreamer

Update: Apr. 04/2016

Post by Arnaya »

Its been a while since I've put any updates about the Consortium, mainly because they haven’t been a heavy presence or organized threat in a couple of months. Not that there hasn't been any activity from them, its just been outside of our realm for the most part, and the one member that's been active around has been cast out of the organization. So, I'll lay out what I've been told and other information I have on recent events featuring this group here.

About a month and a half ago, Morganna entered the city and spoke with a group of us. Apparently our efforts here against the group seriously destabilized them. With the loss of Raena Demora and Herbert (Their "Commanders") to different efforts from here, Daska Jerikko has taken command of the group. Lothricks current status with the group is unknown, while Drex has been executed for failing for stop the "theft" of the Consortium Prime from PoR (Please be considerate when speaking of this matter to Morganna, as Drex and Morganna were close). Morganna was exiled from the group for refusing to use her powers to pin point the Primes location for a reliatory strike and retrieval of the item. Morganna noted during this conversation that the previous commanders acted as a counter balance to Daska's more... extreme... impulses.

During this conversation, I offered Morganna welcome and told her that I would speak to the houses to try and get her taken off of the Collapse on Sight lists (DoL and OoSM have refused to remove her from their lists for the time being, but the lists are also not being enforced at the time of this writing). This was just before Morganna placed the shroud around the city to conceal us from Zaxun's sight.

Since then (as of Apr.03/2016), apparently Morganna has been aided by the Yaza's to maintain the shroud. Daska on the other hand (along with Kael Lupich and presumably Lothrick) have joined with Zaxun. She also stated that Zaxun's members are the ones scouting around our city and deploying devices to aid in locating us. His apparent intention (which matches with other sources) is to claim the city outright for himself and his forces. Also, with the shroud up... aiding forces are going to have a difficult time finding us. At current, Morganna informed us that the list of forces opposed to Zaxun's march and working to aid us include: The Freesoul Templars, The Shinarians (the Yaza's dreamer supporters), a group of Furyans, and "others" to use her words. On the more positive side, Zaxun and Daska are working without the support of the Arretians, and the Kadatorii are going through some leadership issues.

Morganna has stated outright that she intends to walk a path of redemption for her deceits in regards to our city, and has offered to face trial or imprisonment in order to make amends. She intends to continue shrouding the city, but will cease if her dreams are threatened. She also peered into her crystal ball and told us the following about Kurenai (The home of our visitor Siccario):

"Kurenai. It is far beyond the horizon of your perceptions. It seem to have been a beautiful city that thrive on its passions for art and knowledge. Oh... but it was slowly corrupted by influences from within. The inhabitant were plunged into a dark age of constant war and destruction. The city became a shell of its former self but I see outsiders from a distant land aghast of what they witnessed.

The outsiders took action and brought order back to the citizens of Kurenai. They bequeath them a code of laws and honorable traditions from the outsider's homeland. In return, the former govenor of Kurenai granted his daughter's hand to the leader of the outsiders. A beautiful woman named Calena. Lady Calena of Kurenai. The outsiders departed never to be seen again. Kurenai prosper but never forgot the outsiders. They adopted their symbol to adorn the flags of their strongholds. They continue to search for the outsiders, many centuries later."

Surprising to No One:
Our resident Lu Chaos has become aware that he could... *GASP* Get Power from Morganna's Crystal Ball. Thus, he has evidently decided that it would be better in his hands. As usual lately, Mr. Chaos has proclaimed his ability to float her... "or worse".... most likely should she refuse to hand over her crystal to him.

~Arnaya, Soulmistress
Arnaya
Dreamer

May.05/2016

Post by Arnaya »

Continuing with last months update, the remaining Consortium members have become more active. Kael Lupich in particular has been seen, and been up to the following:

- attacking the portal to the Dark Awakening from "The Nest" in the Palisades. This weakened the structure around the portal and has allowed some fragments of the Dark Awakening to drift into the city in the form of dark tendrils. Nearly the whole of House Calenture, joined by representatives from other houses, entered the palisades and fought Kael. Ultimately, he was collapsed 3 times. After the 2nd collapse, he emerged into Edgeward Barrows and began ordering everyone out of the Palisades and off of Edgeward Barrows. Despite his warning being almost summarily ignored, no catastrophic events took place.

After Kael Lupich woke, during a discussion and debriefing session on Edgeward, a bolt of light was seen falling on the Alliance House. The assembled group investigated, and found nothing wrong, though an impromptu Telescope event was held and the damage to the Palisades portal was investigated. During the viewing, dark tendrils emerged and grabbed the viewing scope... dragging it into the Dark Awakening. Once inside, the group witnessed the Emphant Epoth laying an egg before vanishing into a cavern. Dark tendrils then began swarming out of the telescope. Through quick action, the group was able to fend off the tendrils, and Tamarisk of the Alliance was able to shut the telescope down.

- About a week later, Kael again took action... this time in the Grand Forge in Threshold Pits. Kael was attempting to forge something, and House Calenture along with took steps to stop his efforts. Though only partly successful, Kael was able to forge a very high powered chakram capable of floating an unshielded 4th or 5th sphere dreamer. Presumably this chakram was a level 90, 10 to 99 damage weapon. It appeared to be of Moderate or Slow speed, Though it reportedly ran out of charges during his continuing battle with Arnaya and Aileron (The only combatants left on the field against him at that point). During the battle, Kael refuted the suggestion that he was working with the Consortium, and instead intended to get Zaxun into the city so Kael could take the Mace of Castigation for himself.

- On May.04/2016: Arlyana Jax of House Calenture attempted to summon a Horron Darkmare in Fayd's Fortress on the Basin of Stars. There seemed to be some form of interference, and a tear developed in the shroud. A womans maniacle laughter was heard, and Daska Jerikko was able to find her way back to the city, being located at PoR. Several people woke at that point, and others went to PoR to investigate. Arnaya and Arlyana Jax remained to try and seal the breech in the shroud. A strong counter stroke halted their efforts, and Daska appeared to conduct an attack. Arlyana and Arnaya were able to defeat Daska handily despite Night Storm restoring her and evoking hostile arts on Arnaya and Arlyana Jax. After her defeat, Daska said: "I will be back" and mind blanked. Given the time of night, most of those present had to wake at that point. Several minutes after most people had woken, Daska was located in Palisades. As the main group present was 4th sphere or lower, they were unable to investigate or act against her at that point. After about 15 or 20 minutes (estimated), Daska woke directly from the Palisades.

Summary: It appears that the cities dealings with the Consortium are not over, and their intentions are (as usual) uncertain. Use caution when dealing with these individuals, as they are all quite dangerous in a number of ways.

~Arnaya, Soulmistress
Arnaya
Dreamer

Consortium Update: June.04/2016

Post by Arnaya »

Update: June.04/2016

Over the last month, things have been fairly quiet on the Consortium front. Since Daska Jerikko's re-appearance, Zatan Kane's son has apparently been captured by Daska again, and Kane assigned a hunt on the Consortiums behalf.

In the first couple of days in June, Kael Lupich was also sighted again, though up to unknown works. I havn't been able to collect any information about this event, but will be seeking further.

With Zaxun's reappearance last night, Lothrick was revealed to be working with Zaxun..providing information and intelligence briefings. It is apparent that Zaxun believes Lothrick has failed him in some significant manner... and as of last evening (June.03/2016) at about 10 pm, Lothrick was dreamstruck by Zaxun in mid-battle against the dreamers of Underlight.

Despite Lothricks siding with Zaxun, it has been noted that some of his information was not as precise as it should have been, and he seemed to be trying to dissuade Zaxun from acting against many of the cities foremost warriors and defenders. Whether that was deliberate, or if Lothrick was just trying to make sure Zaxun targeted a specific individual that Lothrick wanted struck is up for debate.

~Arnaya, Soulmistress