Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Thoughts of this and that

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Tamarisk
Ascended Dreamers

Thoughts of this and that

Post by Tamarisk »

I want to take this time to sit down and pen this for everyone who may be working on the same project. I hope that it will aide you in your discoveries. My latest project was the closing of portals at the Alliance. I have never been the biggest fan of having so much of the house open to anyone who decides that they want to just walk inside. It makes things too easy for others to just do as they wish and that denotes a rudeness and lack of respect that every house deserves. Having said that, I start my journey with items that I had in my possession when the Order tried to drain the energies of the essence room at the Light when I was still a member there. During the attack, I was able to retrieve almost all of their items before their experiment was finished. When the idea to close the portals to those non initiated members, I tore the items apart and studied them with a great deal of interest. Whether I agreed with their tactics or not, I could not deny the results. So I began to study them and find their secrets so that I could use them to power my own creations. I started drawing schematics of what I wanted to use from what I learned and with the knowledge of redirecting the flow of energy that I used, with the help of many others in the City, when we removed the mares from the house facades. Not being a planesmith or portal maker, I used what I had and came up with a plan. I knew that I would need the power of the generator to help in doing what I envisioned. As it turned out, the generator had been damaged and was in need of repairs. As we regenerated pieces for the generator, we worked to get its power output back to where it was. Experiments were done and repairs were made to both it and the flow of energy in the Underhall. That's when things came to a slow and ultimate stop...at least for a little while.
As I continued to tinker with my items and plans, Fang and I learned that we both held similar wants in closing off parts of the house, just different parts. This is where the plan takes its final shape and gathers it speed again. We knew that if we were to close a portal to house members only, we would need the generator running at its peak performance. SO we set out to fully repair the generator. Fang took lead on this project but I assisted because of my knowledge of the controls and how to work them. Repairs were made, with the help of others in the house, and the generator was running at maximum power output. Time to move onto the next step. We sat down and discussed the schematics that I had worked up and the prototypes that I made. We decided that I would take the lead on forging the items needed. I started working on the four focal connectors that I would need as well as the Elemental Conduit. The four collectors would draw energy from the surrounding area and focus it into the conduit. The major difference in this experiment and the one that the Order did, was that I would use the energies already in the house and not maliciously take it from a foreign source and use it to attune to the energies of the Alliance. After we performed a few minor repairs to parts of the house, I put my items to the test. I set them up on the portal to various rooms open to all in the Alliance, three to be exact. Three rooms, and three failed experiments. But I took what I learned from those experiments and I adjusted and modified where needed. Finally the time was here to put the new modifications to the test.
It was decided that Fang would work on the outside of the portals with the tools that he created and I would work on the portals on the inside of the room with the tools that I had created. He would regulate the flow of power and I would use the energy and direct it at the portal. All was going as planned and the items were working perfectly, then I focused the energy collected directly into the top of the Conduit which held a power token at its heart and fed the beam into the center of the portal. With the help of the family, the experiment was over. I started the final leg of the project with a blessing to the Alliance and it ended with the Alliance giving us its blessing. As the final pulse of energy hit the portal, I was whisked away to commune with the spirit of the Alliance. I later found myself returned safely to the underhall. Now we wait and see what happens. If nothing becomes of this, then we at least have the knowledge that we, as a family have grown closer to the house that we all serve and the house has become closer to all of us. We are symbiots. We live in tandem with each other. And we also know that no matter what we attempt in the future, the Alliance has given us its blessing and that is more special than you can even imagine. I hope that this helps those that need it.

Tamarisk
Prince of the Lambents
High Priest of the Alliance