Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

A Lesson from Kayasisis

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Hinera
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Sadara

A Lesson from Kayasisis

Post by Hinera »

The following are the words of Kayasisis from a lesson he taught Stellaris, Emberwyn, Sirus Nesto, and Myself.

Speaking with Kayasisis in Provenance one evening on 2/1:
Kaya: "If you did not know, Another has already claimed me in my dreams. It is Kayasmanito, the Spirit of Time, or father Time you might say, Whom is just below my Kisemanito, that universal spirit of all life in the multiverse."

Sadara smiles warmly and claps lightly, "Oh im so glad. Can you tell me more about Kayasmanito?"

Kaya: "Nitisiyihkason Pisiwskan. It means my umbilical cord is called Lynxbone, by which I am known in my shard. It was Kayasmanito, whom you name as Father Time, who sent me here to dream. Therefore He named me Time Little. Pee-see-wis-kan. Lynxbone. Because as a toddler I tested a lynx bone against many things, from moss to rock to tipi to log to even one or two or bully children."

Stellaris nods "Or bullies, i'd hope"

Kaya: "Let us hope it was children at play only."

Kaya: "If one speaks or acts, they teach all others about themselves and their cultures and the places from which they dream. My kind looks to the Circle of Life regarding each individual's orientation. For example, I would think that Sirus Nesto's cardinal quadrant is north, and his spiritual animal is the wolf."

Sirus Nesto perks up. "That sounds fancy."

Stella: "Hm, interesting"

Kaya: "Trees, stars, harmony and purity are all aspects of his being, in a sense. Elders are important to him. I might guess that Sadara is southwest, in which balance, unselfishness, the moon, roots and berries, winged creatures are prominent. But until i host some exploratory sessions, I remain unsure until the lessons of the dreamers are more full and revealing. If there is a call, then I will host those sessions, and each of you may find your spirit animal, and believe you me, there are many of those all about the trails of Underlight."

Sirus:"We had begin to look into that when we had The Temple before."

Kaya: "Lady Silver, for example, loved turtles, and so I showed to her where the turtles are, up in the Lambents."

Stellaris giggles "So long as i don't find out my spirit animal is an empthant, I already have too much connection to those"

Kaya: "If you have time and interest, I can show you precisely what I am speaking of. If not, then another time. I can say, that this would be an exercise not wholly detached from the Ethereal Temple's mandates."

And so we took a trip to Lambent to the first bridge:
Kaya: "Begin here. The Spirit of Wind, whom we call Yotinmanito, shows Himself below the bridge. Do you see His totem here?"

Stellaris peers her eyes closer, pushing her glasses up for a moment "Huh, so he is"

Sirus: "I think I do see a face, actually."

Sadara looks at the bridge and nods, she kneels down resting on her knees, "I see it as well."

Kaya: "Yotin-manito. I am uncertain about the Eye motif, but perhaps it is that of Kisemanito, who watches over all of us. I detect no ill. And lastly at this location, under the arch in the bridge, is the faint outline of another totem, another spirit. She looks intense. Do you see her there?"

Stella: "The one with what appears to be Horns?"

Sadara opens her eyes wide as she fully sees the image and her brows furrow, "Oh my, I do.."

Sadara smiles at Kaya, "Have you converse with Kisemanito?"

Kaya: "Nama, no conversations with Kisemanito. Kisemanito is everywhere, and manifests only in the very world we experience. My assumption--or theory--it matters not-is that these totems are relics of Origin of the dreamstate, and under particular circumstances, the spirits behind the totems could manifest themselves right here."

Sirus Nesto smiles, slipping his hands into his pockets. "Quite a theory. I like it."

Kaya: "In fact, since these spirits are part of the dreamstate itself, had the cause, they might issue forth to protect us and the state itself. But I think that the centuries have driven spirits and dreamers far apart, such that we rarely if ever encounter them now."

Ember: "That is very interesting."

Sadara places her hands on her knees and glances at Kaya as she studies the bridge, "Would summoning them do damage to the Dream or City you think?"

Kaya: "I could imagine that if relationships between dreamers and the spirits here were more respectful and solid, that they might even be coaxed locally from walls to ward of mares. I really do not know, but faith tells me it is so in a dream with enough believers.

I do not think that they would damage the city. It is their abode, eha? We -share- it with them.

I think that in modern times, while they have quietly receded, keeping to Themselves, dreamers have found their own ways and goals, and are at times unaware of the spirits here or simply follow their own course. Even though this is a shared state. Think now: The Union refers on occasion to lady Justice, and the Alliance to Lady Plum. These two would be matron spirits of two of the fortresses.

But there are dozens of lessers all about the dreamstate, their totems in place where they were at Origin, and who can say whether or not they see us as we pass by on our journeys of dreams."

Stellaris rubs her chin "I wonder if through my stargazing i've been passively interacting with the spirit of stars, or sky, or anything among those lines"

Kaya: "Let us go see some others. Lambents and the Mountain have the two remaining greatest populations of totems elated to the spirits."

Once at the place we waited for a moment:
Kaya: "Stellaris iskwew, did you see the spirit-lady under the bridge?"

Stella: "Hmm, I am uncertain, I believe i see of what you speak, by my eyes are more suited for stargazing rather than well...Most other things"

Kaya: "Not all of the planes have numerous totems. I think that changes to the structure of the city, or perhaps unpleasantness long forgotten have had impact on those. One must look hard in the Basin and Trinities, for example, though all places have some."

Stellaris nods "It may also be possible some arnt visible to the naked eye"

Sadara nods gently, "There are plenty of spirits in the outer planes. The Cairn, Chasm, and Ossuary are... sadly filled with passed on Dreamers from the Great Loss."

Stellaris taps her corrupted eye "The dream can change on perspective, and this certainly gives me a different, be it more chaotic view"

Kaya: "Perspective is a matter, as you suggest, teacher Stellaris. There will be occasions on which I cannot see what you spy, and others where try as you may, you do not see what totem I view from my own.

I imagine that the inanimate--for my kind divides existence quite definitively into animate and inanimate--account for things unknown. For example, someone spoke that there is a time-piece motif at The Umbrics fortress."

Kaya: "Here then. Examine the totems on this wall. What do dreamers see, please?"

Stella: " I see a mad king, rather simply put. Perhaps even an army."

Kaya: "The totems here are stacked with multiples."

Sada: "I see large dragon in the outline of all of those that Stella mentioned."

Kaya: "I think I count five. By the way, my word for freind is "nitotem." My friend. Totem is a word for friend, thus. Directly before me is totem of perhaps five. The second from the top has long fron teeth, facing us. Perhaps it is a beaver? I myself also see a fish, face-first, lower down. The middle spirit is a severe-looking one. The fish is whitish, with bulbous eyes."

Sada: "Is it me or at the top... it appears like a Butterfly?"

Kaya: "It does not really matter what they are, only that they are, representative of something from the Origin of this dreamstate, something that probably is still here today. Because to my people, this breathing life is but a tiny portion of our entire existences, much of which happens in a spiritual realm."

Stella: "Hm, that makes sense, all generally seen as rather peaceful creatures which is rather fitting the houses which have been on this plane over the years

Kaya: "Water is one of the cardinal quadrants in the Circle of Life, and Lambents seem to contain many totems associated with such."

Stella: "I do have a question Kayasisis"

Kaya: "Thank you for indulging me and my many words. Eha, please ask."

Stella: "You mention water being part of your circle of life, Are the other elements Fire, Earth and Air? Those typically related with Will, insight, Resilience and Lucidity. and by vertue the foci too."

Kaya: "They are all of them just as you say, Teacher. The Circle is not so foreign a concept. Kisemanito is the Creator, at the very centre. Wind, water, fire and rock constitute the First Circle beyond the Creator."

Stella: "Then, to my question, What are Chaos and Dreamsoul to you?

Kaya: "Chaos is a component of the environment in which we exist, and could therefore be viewed as an integral part of the Circle of Life which is all of existence. Dreamsoul I would count as an integral component of the lives of dreaming beings, whether maren or two-legger. I am not a scientist in this matter, however, I am always a student if I can be so.

The circle loosely contain rings describing aspects of composition physically or materially, along with behavior, mental faculties and age perspective, attitude and traits, and even nature. It is all things everywhere to us. For example, the quadrant most Seer-like would contain wind, stars, trees, four-legged creatures, old age, harmony and purity in the compass direction of north, including the color white, wolves, and winter."

Stella: "It's an interesting theory for certain, to my knowledge no-one is fully certain so you at the very least as correct as others. I've personally always seen both as a lifeforce, the instincts to hunt, kill, eat are all more chaotic, while the instincts to grow, breed or protect are all more dreamsoul related. Being a dreamer, or anything with the mind to think uniquely means you are filled with both Chaos and dreamsoul.

But alone, they are rather different, For example if you've ever seen those tentacles, i believe them to be creatures of pure chaos. While something like a flower is more of pure dreamsoul, of course many other elements are at play too."

Kayasisis nods to Stellaris, hearing her words. "I see."

Stellaris giggles "But that is just my theory to an aspect of the dream. Another is simply that the dream changes based on the dream, but collectively relatively works the same"

Kaya: "It would be in error to think that a generalisation about the Circle would cover all aspects of an existence. Instead, it can be used as a guide-tool for insight into other lives, a useful thing at times as we share a dream."

Sada: "Insightful indeed. You have taught me many a great number of things this evening."

Stella: "As for me too!"

Kaya: "Very well. Kinanaskowmitinawaw. I am grateful to all of you for your listening ears and your words. Peace. May your stories continue. Ekosi maka!"
-{S}
The Matronette
Hinera
Dreamer

A Lesson from Kayasisis Pt. 2

Post by Hinera »

Another lesson from Kayasisis. A lesson on Trinity in the South Sanctuary on 2/4:

Sadara: "I sensed you up here and came to speak with you Kaya."

Kayasisis: "I have named this the Circle of Life Sanctuary, and pay homage to the spirits here."

Sadara looks over at the room, and smiles warmly, seeing the and hearing the waterfall.

Kayasisis: "Pe. Come see some of them."

Sadara: "My goodness I havent been in this Sanctuary in so long.

Kayasisis: "The rooms correspond with the cardinal directions of the Circle. Upon the walls are very clear totems. You see them, yes?"

Sadara looks at the room, and nods to Kaya, seeing the water, she slowly walks alongside it. She looks over at the
wall and nods. "I do see them."

Kayasisis: "They do not manifest, yet I have a faith that they see, and hear."

Sadara tilts her head to inspect them from different perspectives, "Who are these spirits?"

Kayasisis: "Yesterdream I went to the Lost Sea to join all of you, but I truly could not find the location of the falling River, much to my surprise."

Sadara looks back at Kaya and giggles lightly, "It is alright. There is a secret room off of the main road toward the house that goes to the Falling River. Maybe I can show you one day?"

Kayasisis: "As for the spirits, perhaps someday they will deem us worthy of a visit and/or conversation. Not yet. Patience, faith and a shared view are integral parts of that process, I think."

Sadara nods gently as she internalizes every words spoke to her. Her face shows that of respect as she looks upon
Kayasisis. Listening intently.

Kayasisis: "I had forgotten the dangers of the Lost Sea. I made my way past three sea-mares, before darting away from three shamblixes, only to end up in the House of the Ecthen." Kayasisis' eyes gleam with mischief.

Sadara giggles lightly and shakes her head, "My goodness I hope you were ok?"

Kayasisis: "I left none of my heads behind, though it was a close thing. Still, I have determined to my satisfaction that Kisemanito does not allow us to fester in loss for long." Kayasisis raises his palms face up to the level of his waist.

Sadara nods gently, "If you were to collapse, I would gladly Bequeath to you what you lossed."

Kayasisis: "Secret room off the main... Iskwew describes a trail I think as yet unknown to me. Thank you, but no loss is of any concern whatsoever to me. it is...freedom from corruption, a kind of corruption which dulls my dream away from creativity, Sadara iskwew. To dream here in fear of potential loss is not my dream, eha."

Sadara nods gently as she contemplates, "Those are true words."

Kayasisis: "And you? Are you strong today?"

Sadara nods gently, "I am, I will be." she walks over to the pool and sits on the ledge. "I am doing well today. Regardless of things going on."

Kayasisis announces without reservation to the walls, "Kiwapamitin manitowak. I -see- you."

Sadara looks over at the wall from her seat and looks to Kaya, "Oh are the spirits in motion?"

Kayasisis: "Should all of you some dream fill your totems and depart the walls, You will all of you surprise dreamerkind to a great extent." Kayasisis smiles gently.

Sadara looks over at Kayasisis and slowly smiles, nodding gently, "Thank you for those words Kayasisis. I truly needed to hear them this evening."

Kayasisis: Disregard my words, iskwew, for I have nine pronouns, and a few of them do not translate well into dream-tongue.

Sadara shakes her head, "No no. Your words still ring true regardless of translation."

Kayasisis: "For example, we inclusive and we exclusive, and then the obviative as well, such as would be the one for Sadara iskwew had she a daughter here. But I have spoken over you, forgive me. You spoke of a need. Speak of this if you would."

Sadara giggles and shakes her head lightly waving her hand, she places her hand in the water and plays in the water, "Nothing at all. Just... wanting to appreciate the Dream more. I think is what I need most of all."

Kayasisis: "When first I came to dream, I travelled trails as much as possible. Art of Know spoke as many times as my eyes saw new things. The spiral stais...the old cavern place...the lambent sanctuary with the fishes...and may others...the birds in Totality, eha? These seem as footprints of the spirits to me, just as the rabbit trail or the moose path through a muskeg."

Sadara nods gently as she listens on. Her face shows a contemplation and resolve, "I see... yes."

Kayasisis: "Midges and frogs among the reeds in Lambent...not so foreign to my ears." Kayasisis allows a smile to pass across his countenance.

Sadara: "I used to cast the spell of Know in every room... maybe I show go back to that practice."

Kayasisis: "The marenkind for which you search. And the (spirit of?) Anelinde iskwew...what news?"

Sadara nods gently as she stares thoughtfully into the water, looking back up at Kaya after a brief moment. And smiles brightly, "Thank you for you insight! Well... Anelinde the Seance will be held this Sunday after the Forums Meeting. As for Zlatan... I havent given up hope in one day seeing her once again."

Kayasisis: "I seem to recall that seeking Anelinde the Seance has occurred before, and that I was in attendance. I do not know what you seek, forgive me my ignorance in the matter."

Sadara shakes her head lightly as she smiles warmly to Kaya, "I do recall you attending that. This time around since it has been some years since Ive spoken to her, I wish to speak with her again to let her know she is no longer alone. Last few visits, we spoke with Goril, her father. And its difficult to rest an agitated spirit. With the support of the Temple once again, maybe this time around we can put to rest both of them."

Kayasisis remains quiet, in acceptance of Sadara's explanation, deep in thought.

Sadara: "Of course with your wisdom and knowledge of spirits, you are more than welcome to join and no doubt your knowledge will be most valuable."

Kayasisis: "We cannot know why they act so, but sometimes an unfulfilled...what is the word?..fate? destiny?..something left unfinished?...could be the cause. Even an unfulfilled dream, I suppose. Something which was forecast and did not come to pass."

Sadara props her arm up on her right arm, placing her left hand on her chin as she begins musing. "That is something I have not thought of..."

Kayasisis: "What might make it more complex is the concept of a false forecast upon life or spirit, which might keep them eternally in expectation, all the while spiraling down into despair. A horrible cage of fate. Waiting for something that cannot or will not come. Truth and release is mercy."

Sadara nods gently still in contemplation and looks to Kaya, "Very interesting. Do you have any suggestions on how to ease these spirits?"

Kayasisis: "Imagine telling some one to fish a pond. Telling them that should they fish long enough, they will eventually catch a fish. When in fact, only known to the prompter that there are actually no fish in the pond at all. If the two never cross trails again, one will live with confident glee, and the other with despair, and possibly a deadly vengeance, not good for that spirit at all."

Sadara nods gently, "Hmm... maybe they're destiny is this endless cycle of loneliness...?"

Kayasisis: "I know nothing at all of the two spirits, iskwew, though I think I understand we speak of a father and a daughter, eha?"

Sadara nods gently, "Indeed, Anelinde the Daughter who was placed in the room of Cairn by her father Goril, after there mother was Dreamstruck. Out of fear of losing his Daughter as well he placed her in that room. Where she died of loneliness. And soon after Goril died of heartbreak losing both daughter and wife."

Kayasisis absorbs this, thinking. "I understand better now, thank you. I have no useful response at this time, except to advance what my Kayasmanito calls "return to Origin," a complex, weighty matter that is only addressed through dreams and time. The concept of "Unmaking" is a dangerous tool that can be used to unravel unfortunate circumstances which occurred in the past."

Sadara nods gently as she listens closely

Kayasisis: "However, Unmaking can affect all who were involved in even the slightest way."

Sadara: "Hmm... would unmaking be a good or a bad thing?"

Kayasisis: "Consider the differences between unmaking dreamstrike, unmaking the circumstances which brough it to use upon Goril's spouse, unmaking Goril's response to try to protect his daughter, and even unmaking the cell in which she was contained. The repercussions of doing any of those could be monumental, to greater or lesser degrees, and affect all who dream."

Sadara covers her mouth slightly at the sound of Kaya's words and nods, understanding.

Kayasisis: "And so, a cognitive therapy would be a more even, probably promising solution, but spirits of old can be difficult to dislodge from the thoughts and ways they have known for what might be eons."

Sadara nods gently, "Indeed... indeed... Maybe this time around some cognitive therapy would be a good choice to go down. In some attempt to mend the broken family."

Kayasisis: "I do not wish to bore the iskwew, but my nation has legend of a pair of spirits which were unmade due to their unpleasant activities. To this very day, none can speak their names..it is odd. There is only the faith that the legend is truth, and that they were there, and that they had names, but awareness of the entire matter is all that remains. It is really something...we fell we know they existed, but there is no record, no name, nothing about them, because, eha, they were unmade." Kayasisis becomes motionless, perhaps the equivalent of a shrug.

Sadara nods gently enraptured with Kaya's words, she shakes her head at the story and thinks to herself, "My Gods..."

Kayasisis: "There will never be proof that we all of us are not imagining the circumstance. The inverse of that is actually a strong basis for belief, for faith. Bashir manito is a prime example. The more we speak of Him, the more interaction there is, the more solid and less ephemeral He becomes, even in spirit-form."

Sadara nods gently, "Ah yes, that is very true. I have seen for myself that very phenomena. It is incredible to witness."

Kayasisis: "Kayasmanito has a way to help us unmake may occurrences and people in our lives while we are in the flesh. it is simply called, "forgetting."

Sadara nods gently, "Potentially maybe there was an anomalous occurrence at the thought of such spirits?"

Kayasisis: "I was there in the sanctuary when Bashir manito manifested in voice and mist. It is as you say. Speak more plainly. I do not understand "anomalous occurrence."

Sadara: "Some curses for example have that exact affect of changing the property of a thought or words to cause confusion therefore the person or object in question is forgotten."

Kayasisis: "Tapwe pikwani. Truth you speak. In addition, the very dreamstate is an ideal place for such changes and manipulations"

Sadara nods gently, "That is very true indeed. My goodness I have forgotten I must do some genning... I apologize I must cut our conversation short. Thank you so much for speaking with me this evening Kayasisis. Your words have been quite insightful. A lot to think on."
-{S}
The Matronette
Hinera
Dreamer

The Circle of Life Lesson 1 By: Kayasisis

Post by Hinera »

A special lesson from Kayasisis teaching me the Circle of Life as well learning more on how to gain a Spirit-Companion:

Kayasisis: "Dream-benders have two critical components. One, they follow a course that is not the "way things are done within dreams. Two, the course that they elect to follow has a profound effect on the dreamstate around them, thus it causes others to have to adapt to the new course now open and clear. It is not so much as an influence as others as it upon the state. The influence is rather a secondary effect. Now then. The Circle of Life, and then we will end today with a special lesson for you to begin to find your dream-spirit companion."

Kayasisis' eyes sparkle.

Kayasisis: "The Circle might be better expressed as a sphere, but let us keep it simple if we can. The point is, it is not at all flat across only two directions, but deep as well. Further, it is a help, and not a definition of all in Kisemanito's universal creation. Sadara iskwew seems prevalent in the western quarter of the Circle. Her spirit has an affinity for the west, and for bears, and is fullest in the autumn season. She has with her spirit, a great unselfishness, which constitutes the sixth ring of the Circle. Over time, she will learn the sixth circle of the other three. The fifth circle suggests that Sadara is particularly well-balanced, and that balance in all aspects of life, spirit and in others is agreeable to her. In the fourth circle of life, Sadara exhibits adulthood. Jake walker, for example, exhibits more of a childhood aspect. remember that none of these attributes are negative; they are general markers as to outlook, demeanor, inner spirit, and even behavior. Mine, for example, is infancy. It may be that I see the world through the eyes of a newborn, for example. Sadara iskwew has an affinity for and with swimmers. Do you like water, Sadara iskwew?"

Sadara nods gently, "I love water!" Sadara smiles brightly and giggles lightly

Kayasisis: "Considering the subtle markers of the Circle, one who abhors the rivers, lakes and seas may actually admires swimmers, if even out of hope or envy. This demonstrates the great volume of content that is composite in the Circle. The second circle for Sadara is roots and berries. We may explore this meaning more deeply, but I would suggest that it means that you like to delve deeply into understanding, and that you are 'grounded," for example, and that the labors you undertake sometimes produce fruiting clusters...not just single outcomes, but multiples which give way to more. That is a fundamental concept to this circle."

Kayasisis nods thoughtfully, thinking.

Sadara smiles warmly as she continues to think and nods slowly. Processing everything. "Wow..."

Kayasisis: "In the first Circle for you is the Moon. The closer we get to the centre, the more prominent and profound the meaning of the markers. There is no quest ion in my mind that of the Stars, the Sun, the Earth, the Moon is closest to you spirit in so many ways. The body that governs the tides. The one seen at night--or not if new!--not always visible in what she does, but powerful in her sway over life."

Kayasisis lifts his palms to the level of his waist, face up.

Sadara looks down at a small ring along her finger and she smiles. Her eyes watering lightly, "Oh Kaya... wow."

Kayasisis: I would claim that the moon is the most beautiful of the four, but that is personal perspective.

Sadara nods slowly as a tear falls down her cheek, she looks up at Kaya and giggles lightly, "Wow... Kaya. I... Thats.. beautiful."

Kayasisis: And, to conclude the autumnal quarter of the Circle, we describe the centre: Kisemanito, whose vision is Creation, and He who looks this direction sees water. it is your element. Those are the seven circles of the Circle of Life in which you were created, Sadara iskwew."

Sadara smiles brightly and nods gently as she fully processes the lesson. "I cant wait for the next lesson Kaya!"

Kayasisis: "It may be that in time as you go along you will begin to see more of all of these markers in your life and in the world around you. Next time you see a fish, or a tyrtle, or a waterbeetle, or even a swan. All of the swimmers hold secrets for you. Have you questions before we move to the final, brief exercise?"

Sadara thinks to herself and smiles warmly, she contemplates and nods, "Wow.. Um... no no questions."

Kayasisis: "Allow yourself to re-examine this part of the Circle, and we can explore it in detail at a later time if you wish. Let us begin to find your spirit-companion, here in the dream. I do not know her yet, but perhaps Kisemanito will allow me to in time. But you will know perhaps before I will. Know that it may be that the spirit-companion may have nothing at first glance with what I have spoken. For instance, We know that you have an affinity to water and swimmers. Even bears can swim! But do not let this colour your vision too much. it may be that the spirit companion comes from another quadrant, one who can only be seen by the light of your moon. Trying to get noticed by you. As can be the case, what seem to be opposites are actually complementary. Anyway."

Sadara nods gently and smiles warmly, "That is very true."

Kayaisis: "I am going to place into your hands something. You may close your eyes as I do so.
Your exercise for the next time we meet, will be to describe what it was I gave you, or how it made you feel.
Just accept it, and let time pass, and think on it long, or just for a brief moment, as is your nature and desire. And if you think it is nothing, then it could be so. You see, this is all about you, and how you perceive the dream, because, somewhere out there, your companion awaits your acknowledgement of her in some way, some form.
And I will say, as I bring it to you, that some great dreams are formed from nothing, as was the case with the place called Underlight. Ready?" Kayasisis steps forward, quietly, one hand cupped over the other.

Sadara nods as she hears the words and takes a deep breath. Her eyes closed and her hands out and up palm facing the ceiling.

Kayasisis places the from his cupped hands into the open palms of Sadara.

Kayasisis steps back after closing Sadara's fingers about the .

Sadara smiles warmly as she opens her eyes and keeps her hands over the item. She looks to Kaya and looks down at her hands.

Kayasisis: "It is literally now in your dream-hands. Sadara. Next we meet, you will tell me all about it. There is not right or wrong, and I have no expectation. Be at ease about it, for at ease or not, it will show in your story. May your story continue. Peace. Ekosi maka."
-{S}
The Matronette
Hinera
Dreamer

The Circle of Life by Kayasisis: Pt 2

Post by Hinera »

The second lesson with Kayasisis. Belom also was in attendance, but had to wake shortly thereafter:

Belom: "It is always good to see you dreaming."

Sadara: "How are you doing today?" Sadara sits on the ledge to the fountain and smiles warmly to Kaya

Kayasisis: "You are kind, and I am grateful to you, napew. May your dreams be strong, your vision clear."

Belom bows in thanks. "Your words are genuine."

Kayasisis: "Today I think about a legend related to a specific form of being. They are named Entities. But both of you are well, eha? Is there news?" Kayasisis looks to the welfare of the two dreamers.

Belom: "Well enough to dream I suppose." Belom smiles. "Entities... I am quite familiar with such .. as is Sadara, I am certain."

Kayasisis: "It should be more, for one such as you, seer-teacher. I hope that your dream strengthens."

Sadara smiles warmly and nods, "We were just talking about entites earlier with Uthanatos. And from me I have the item you gave me... I think I believe I know what you handed me."

Kayasisis pauses thoughtfully. He nods to Sadara knowingly, then speaks a moment about Entities: "Our legends speak of 12 in number. Three Greaters and nine lessers, three by three, and three times three."

Belom: "Hmmm... not the same entities I had though of."

Kayasisis: "The Greaters relate to us as dreamers, one of sociality, and one of self, and the third of exploration and what Sadara would name as science. The lessers were said to relate to Faith, warfare/defense of dreams, the Sun, The Moon, and Scolarship...let me think, there were others.... Eha yes, the Nomad. And one of indulgence and self, a worldly one, you would say."

Here Belom had to depart and the lesson continued.

Sadara smiles reassuringly at Kaya and returns her focus to him.

Kayasisis: "I will not ramble much more. I wished to say that these Entities were a rather peculiar being-form, for they were created by dreamers, and yet supersede them in power in many ways, such that dreamers revere them as gods or demi-gods. In other words, dreamers looked to them for aid in their dreams, and to the super feats that they could do. Yet, without dreamers, the entities were nothing. They could not be without the dreamers."

Sadara nods gently, "Hmm..." she looks off into the distance in contemplation.

Kayasisis: "Created by dreamers to address absent features in the lives of their dreams. Reciprocal. Powerful. Odd. Legend says that they were not unlike the seneschals or house guides here."

Sadara: "I was just about to say... it sounds similar to many entities here."

Kayasisis: "Would you like to speak now about what I gave you in the search for your dream-spirit companion?"

Sadara nods gently, "I would love that!"

Kayasisis stands quite still, allowing Sadara her own words before he comments.

Sadara: "So when I looked in my hands after you left. I noticed that there appeared to be nothing at first... And then something kinda materialized in my hand. I have it here." Sadara reaches behind her and takes out a small rock.

Broken Star: A circular shard of a small rock. It glows a gentle teal color and is warm to the touch. A low hum can be heard from the rock. It looks distinct in color to a star once seen around the City.

Kayasisis' eyes gleam with interest.

Sadara walks over closer to Kaya and extends her hand for Kaya to take.

Kayasisis extends his palm.

Sadara places the rock in Kaya's palm and smiles lightly, "I really have no idea what it could potentially mean but... its something!"

Kayasisis now closes his eyes. "Tell me of this special stone of yours, iskwew. "

Sadara sits down along the ledge and nods gently, "Well.. I kinda was trying to figure out what the heck it was... It doesnt look like a normal... rock or stone."

Kayasisis: "It is warm. It speaks. It is guarded. Yes?"

Sadara nods gently, "That it is!"

Kayasisis' hand passes over the object in the other. "Has it a colour?"

Sadara: "It's kinda star shaped... or at least as in some fashion of a star. And yes. It appears teal, very warm and it glows. I have pinpointed where it came from. Being from Evernight. Specifically the area... I dont know know. It's really pretty though!" Sadara giggles lightly as she looks to Kaya, and observes him.

Kayasisis: "Eha. The colour of water, perhaps. The points tell me that it does not wish to be touched so lovingly...as if it has pride, but not too much...for its song is quite low, confident but not a cry or prideful." Kayasisis smiles without opening his eyes. "You may admire me from a distance, claims your stone."

Kayasisis seems to notice something new. "She is not completely whole...she is broken?"

Sadara slowly nods as she looks down at the scars along her hands, she says softly, "It does appear broken indeed."

Kayasisis: "Sadara's dream-spirit has been around a long time. Something has been broken, signifying a loss in her lifetime: She is not now as once she was. Time changes all. She may be related to the waves, and likes to be admired, but not touched. She wants to be noticed, both seen, heard and felt. She has no odour, no fragrance. Good good. I will return her to you for now, iskwew. It may be that more will open to us later. Let us take a moment and speak of this exercise."

Sadara takes the stone and holds it more carefully she nods as she looks down at the teal rock.

Kayasisis: "Keep Star well, for we do not know how she figures in the dreams ahead. As for the exercise... You must return to your first dreams if you can, shutting out the clutter of your experience and training acquired while here. Those are not going anywhere; those things are there for you to draw upon at any time. When we all of us first dreamed, we arrived here not quite knowing what we would see or find or experience. Imagination was what we arrived with, not with arts, haloes, talismen and others. The exercise allows me to try to identify where one is along the scale of imagination in dreams. There is no right or wrong. A veteran dreamer might try to fashion something intricate and detailed, exemplifying their expertise and knowledge of the dream. A practical dreamer might wave me off, claiming that I gave her nothing. Yet in my mind, I did give you something, so two perceptions have crossed."

Sadara smiles warmly and nods gently. She looks down at the rock still in her palm. Sitting and glowing teal against her skin.

Kayasisis: "The point then, is to return you toa point at which you were free to use imagination that is within you, to bring something to existence--or even life--something that appeals to you. In addition to this, by extension, your imagination forms components of the article, by which your own personality is shown. This will be the basis for finding the dream-spirit which is compatible with you. I am confident that in time, yours will manifest, and we will find her or him."

Sadara nods gently in understanding, she smiles warmly, "I hope!"

Kayasisis: "Thus, in this simple exercise using imagination, you have begun to define your inner spirit, and the search for a compatible companion has begun. I do not think that these concepts and words are beyond you, iskwew, but if you wish to know more or have questions, please ask. We will use your result in the search when we continue to the next circle."

Sadara smiles warmly and nods, "I understand! It does make me wonder where I have become weak in my imagination.."

Kayasisis: "Weakness? I do not see it. Do you refer to broken?"

Sadara thinks to herself as her face becomes downcast and nods gently. "Indeed."

Kayasisis: "Sadara, know that this is early in all of this. Broken may refer to something lost, yes, or even missing. But there are so very many cases in which broken may be used to make new and better, or more importantly...different. Worry not." Kayasisis looks unworried.

Sadara looks down at the rock in her hand and looks back up at Kaya, she tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear and nods. "Thank you Kayasisis!"

Kayasisis: "For your knowledge, another viewer may not have known what you claim to be broken. That is a potentially significant factor. Further, as you know well, rarely is anything perfect..." Kayasisis looks sly.

Sadara nods and smiles lightly, "That is very true." Sadara's face returns to a warm and determined countenance as she looks upon the rock in her palm. She nods and smiles.

Kayasisis: "Look at it differently. Had it not been broken, perhaps it was hiding something not meant to be seen! The Circle works in mysterious ways under Kisemanito's direction."

Sadara slowly begins to smile warmer as she understands Kaya's words.

Kayasisis: "Again, far too early to tell. It remains significant though as a trait of your creation, and this is highly interesting. The possibilities are boundless. I dislike saying here in a dream the word "can't."

Sadara nods in agreement, "I similarly dont like saying that either."

Kayasisis: "My immediate opinion is partially that your companion may be "broken." As if some great event befell her and she was not thereafter quite the same. You are a soulmaster. I have little doubt that you would care for an mend such a companion, Sadara. Does that help?"

Sadara: "That does!" Sadara smiles warmly, "I cant wait to meet her. Whoever my companion is."

Kayasisis: "If what I saw is true, she has some pride, and does not allow "broken" to dull her spirit. We shall see. Regarding the Circle of Life and you, we know that you are in the west. Your companion may be found southwest, I would guess, for south is the domain of the earth, grasses, and honesty, along with winged ones. We are closer now. Thank you for allowing me the intrusion into your private life." Kayasisis look subdued and humbled, respectful.
-{S}
The Matronette
Hinera
Dreamer

The Circle of Life by Kayasisis: Pt 3

Post by Hinera »

After the forums meeting one evening I went to look for Kayasisis to get his assistance in a Forge Task. The task in combination with his teaching would reveal to me my Spirit Companion:

Sadara: "I also wanted to speak with you about this task I have here, and wanted to show it to you as well."

Kayasisis: "I will help you." Kayasisis turns the whittled object over in his hands.

Sadara: "It is for my Forge task and is in regards to us working together as we already have been. However as you know more of the streams, life around the City, and totems you might know more areas to gather materials!"

Kayasisis: "I can help with this. I know three articles. But before I speak, have you any inspiration, knowing about your part of the Circle?

Sadara: "I have."

Kayasisis: "The companion that speaks most loudly to me is the same one, more insistent than before, despite my attempt to give others to come forth. There are likely secondary ones, though, not so close at least at first. Let me review your Circle as an aid: West, autumn, unselfishness, balance, adulthood, swimmers, roots and berries, the moon, and water."

Sadara: "I have thought on the unselfishness, balance, water, and the moon. There is something about this piece of rock that speaks to me as well... when you mentioned about its broken appearance as well as the warmth is retains... it shows an..."

Kayasisis: "The spirit companion crying out for you has basic elements three. These might help, thus: stone, water, and salt. The first denotes a kind of fortitude. The second is environment where she lives, though not exclusively. The third is an attribute of the second, exclusive to some, inclusive to others."

Sadara nods gently as she thinks to herself.

Kayasisis: "If you wish, I will reveal her name to you, and leave you to find where your places in the dream are with her. The places to which you must go and acknowledge her dominion. The places at which you may one dream be able to summon her aid. I have seen her dominion twice now. She is not an obvious one. But to fulfill the forge-task, I recommend rock, water and salt."

Sadara nods gently, "Then I will gather such! As for her name... I do wish to know."

Kayasisis: "Would you like an extra hint?"

Sadara: "Yes!"

Kayasisis: "Very well. Disarming her is not fatal to one such as she is." Kayasisis mumbles something about dreamspeak words, then nods, satisfied, and says, "Riddle."

Sadara nods gently as she contemplates the words, "Hmm... I will have to think your words over."

Kayasisis: "Stones abound here. As does water. Salt, however... I do recall meteors at one point coming down in this dreamscape, and there was salt in them. That does not help you today. If anything comes to mind, do not let go of the idea. You may, if you wish, come speak to me of this. It is to say that your thoughts about this are neither frivolous or without value. Perhaps Magnilia iskwew can find or create some salt."

Sadara: "Thank you Kaya. I fear im not the best with riddles. And that is a grand idea! I think I will ask her!"

Much later one afternoon Kayasisis was around, and we had an impromptu lesson on rocks. With Zoric also in attendance.

Kayasisis: "I am glad, then. I travelled the trails and the answer to this riddle seemed to cry out for attention at every turn." Kayasisis looks at his feet, as if to ensure that he is all there. "Has the iskwew an answer, or does she still ponder?"

Sadara nods gently, "Yes I am still pondering, however I have some proposals for you. As to if I am close to the answer"

Kayasisis: "Would you wish to hear the Stone Story, or have you other matters to attend at this time?"

Sadara: "Oh no no I have time! I would love to hear!" Sadara smiles warmly to Kaya

Kayasisis: "Pe. Come. I think that the Waterhole is an appropriate place for this story. Stones and water are there."

Kayasisis crouches near some rubble. Then he waves his palm over the pile, and begins to speak a short story. "Kisemanito asked all of His creation for a way to give His people a message. Only the stone responded, for the stone was in its rightful place, still in nature. Thus was the stone's innate power revealed. By his power, the stone became very hot, withstanding a high temperature without pain, and without change. A small bowl formed in his surface. In this hot bowl fell some tobacco leaves. The leaves smoldered, without catching fire, sending skyward to Kisemanito thick plumes of smoke. The smoke drifted higher and higher, into the heavens."

Sadara nods gently as she listens on.

Kayasisis: "This smoke then became the medium by which Kisemanto sent His messages from the heavens to His people of the lands below." Kayasisis nods, satisfied at the telling, and rises to his feet.

Zoric: "Hey guys, am I interrupting?"

Sadara: "Hello Zoric, come sit and learn with us!"

Kayasisis: "The dream-speak tongue does not hold all the vocabulary, but it usually has more than enough for these stories. Tawaw, Zoric napew. Be welcome; there is room for you here."

Zoric takes a seat. "What are we learnin"

Kayasisis: "It was a short story regarding stones, napew."

Zoric: "Will admit in all my years here I have never heard of stories about this room."

Kayasisis: "What seems foreign to dreamers here is the concept of animates and inanimate in the tongue that I speak."

Kayasisis: "For example, it may help Sadara iskwew to hear that in my view stones are animates. They are creations of Kisemanito, and their power is often overlooked or misunderstood."

Sadara nods gently, "It does help indeed."

Kayasisis: "However, some things that one might expect to be animates, are not. Like an egg, for example. It governs how I use verbs."

Zoric nods listening

Kayasisis: "Perhaps you will smile, when you speak to others that you know of a dreamer who views stones as animates, and eggs as inanimates. It depends whether or not you wish to see them smile. The root of the matter is what is what according to Kisemanito, I suppose. Stones for Creation, and constitute its ame-up, while eggs do not. However, animates do come from eggs. Form, that is, and make-up are the words I misspoke." Kayasisis almost smiles when he says, "Rest assured that tseeta-hasee-poon is indeed an inanimate. That would be a fork."

Kayasisis watches the falls, the equivalent of a shrug. Kayasisis turns back to the dreamers, sharing a grin. "That is all I have for today. Perhaps dreamers have a story to tell."

Zoric: "Can a fork become an animate if its thrown for instance.."

Sadara looks to Zoric and smirks

Kayasisis: "Unknown. However the root of the item called an arrow is atsoos, and that is animate. That it was fashioned from wood may tell all. mistikwaw, tree, is animate. Another of Kisemanito's creations that constitute the world in which we live."

Zoric: "Ok think it is starting to make a bit more sense to me"

Sadara: "Hmm... would food be considered Animate?"

Kayasisis does not smile, looking slighly puzzled.

Zoric: "I guess I was asking more if the name changes because it is in motion... trying to figure out how it translates into your tongue"

Kayasisis: "micisowin--food--is inanimate."

Zoric: "I think I understand the egg, its not considered alive till it hatches.. sort of.."

Kayasisis: "Perhaps Zoric understands the concept as well as I do." Kayasisis smiles again. "I could only imagine an arrow when he spoke of a thrown fork."

Zoric: "Same with the stones .. because they are not a Rock but a tool they are given a different meaning... We say "I threw the fork" the name does not change.. but some tounges the name does change depending on what it does."

Kayasisis: "I am no philosopher, yet the relation of the animates is very close to the Creator. As if they are "creatures" who were placed to define our world."

Sadara nods to Kaya, "Ah I believe I now understand."

Zoric: "Yes I think I am grasping the concept as well."

Kayasisis: "Eggs, food, while composed of once-living ingredients, are products of animates. Neither an egg nor food can govern Creation's constitution directly, eha."

Zoric: "Soo.... the stones are considered Animate because they come from, considered, or guide from the creators."

Kayasisis: "I do not have vocabulary such as bank, inn or green grocery or library. I simply name them as money-building, bed-building, food-building or book-building. Easy, no?"

Zoric: "Creator sorry.."

Kayasisis: "Essentially you have it, Zoric napew. Stone is a direct product of Kisemanito's hand."

Zoric: "Easy enough to grasp extremely hard for us I'd imagine to put into practice." Zoric chuckles

Kayasisis: "The Stone story I spoke to Sadara speaks that only the stone in all of creation volunteered to help Kisemanito communicate messages to His people. He was able to endure intense heat, and so formed a bowl, into which leaves were placed. These were ignited, sending smoke into the heavens, by which Kisemanito could relay messages to His people."

It was at around this moment Vrikar was running rampant around, Zoric and I ran to aid in the battle.
-{S}
The Matronette