Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Mantic (═╚╚╬╚╝) - Wrong, Right? Right Wrong!

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
jtbadn
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow
Character Name(s): Belom

Mantic (═╚╚╬╚╝) - Wrong, Right? Right Wrong!

Post by jtbadn »

Mantic (═╚╚╬╚╝)

Wrong, Right? Right Wrong!

Considering the Morbid presence, the gem that was left behind and the current state Windsong was in, Belom lingered within the Courtyard of Awakening very deep within his own thoughts. In his mind he saw flashes of images from the Ancient Temple, particularly those at the darkened portal, the creature Morbid and his darkened gem. Most importantly Belom could not stop thinking about Windsong and about the state he left her in.

Windsong had been assisting Belom in order to hold the energies in balance to help them achieve a vision of scrying. Another sort of vision came in it's place when Morbid stepped through that dark portal. Windsong was vulnerable due to the state of mind she was in and the appearance of Morbid may have affected her in a way that none of them had expected.

Belom's actions at the Temple, actions in regard to the state that Windsong was in, were looked upon poorly by a number of dreamers. Some of the gathered dreamers put blame upon him because he had not listened to Meredith's warning the night prior. When Belom's dream ended on the night of the 22nd day of the 2nd month, he contemplated never to return to the City of Dreams. He did not wish to be looked upon as being as heartless as he appeared to be. He had to do something to set things right.

__
Belom lingered for a long time in the Courtyard of Awakening pondering what he could do to fix what had happened. How could he undo what had been done? How could he send back the chaotic force that he released? Then, it dawned on him, in connection with the things that Meredith had told him. It was within his words that Belom knew he would find his answer.

Meredith had spoke to him the night prior to the night when the creature Morbid made an appearance at the Dark Awakening portal at the Ancient Temple. Meredith said to Belom several times, "Only Darkness." He also said that something was out of sync, out of balance and out of time.

Still heavy in his thought in reviewing the images that flashed in his mind that night at the Ancient Temple, the thoughts of what Meredith had said began to fill his mind. The images he saw began to change. There had been another scrying in the Lost Sea, at the Altar in the Falling River. This new group of images that came to his mind, showed a dreamer dressed in white who had a weapon of wind. This image was part of the Altar Scrying and not the Dark Awakening.

Belom thought about this for a long time. He wondered if this dreamer that dressed in white might have some connection to this Morbid entity. Perhaps this white dressed dreamer knew something about the gem of chaos that was left behind. How could Belom contact this dreamer without knowing his name? Belom considered ways in which he might find this unknown dreamer in white but it did not seem that a way was meant to be found. He nearly gave up hope when suddenly, a voice spoke to Belom asking, "Who lingers in the shadows?" The voice was raspy and faint. It asked another time, "What is it seeking? What seeks it?" Belom listened but did not answer right away. He stood motionless and observant, allowing the voice to speak.

There was a moment of silence and the disembodied voice spoke again saying, "Only Light. In sync. In balance. In time." A final question whispered in Belom's ear asking, "What does this scrying prophet seek to know?" Belom did not expect to hear what he heard. He thought to himself that it had to be his mind playing a trick on him or perhaps it was all made up from his own delusions considering all that had transpired over his past few dreams.

What did it matter anyway? No one was there with him and so Belom played along. "Who is the voice that whispers in my ear?" Belom waited in hopes to hear a response but an answer to that question did not find him right away. He posed another question, asking, "I seek the one who holds the weapon of wind, the one who wears all white." A moment passed and there was no responses given. Belom was beyond frustrated and he did not know what to do.

Another moment passed by in silence. Just then, the sound of a great wind storm menaced with Belom's senses. "Who's there?" Belom asked.
"Only Light," came the reply.
Belom pleaded with the voice, "Are you the dreamer in white? Do you know of Morbid or of the gem he left behind? Can you help me?"
Accompanied by more rushing wind, "In Sync. In Balance. In Time." These were the words that fell on Belom's ears. Belom did not respond and instead he stood there, motionless just as he had when the voice first began to speak. The winds within the courtyard began to settle and were replaced by a heavy white fog. Belom remained still and quiet, watching as the fog in front of him filled the Courtyard of Awakening.

As the fog began to dissipate slowly, Belom watched as a figure, dressed in white approached him and stopped immediately in front of him. Did Belom just summon something else? It would seems so.

Belom studied the figure in white, noticing that the robes he wore seemed to glow like nothing he had ever seen before. His eyes were a very light shade of blue with darker specks of green, red and yellow and blue outlying the iris. His head was mostly bald, save for the tuft of hair on top of his head, as white as Belom's own hair. He had a joyful look about him and he seemed to smile at Belom as if he had been expecting him.

The dreamer in white seemed to study Belom in the same moments that Belom was studying him. A break in the silence between the two of them finally came when the white robed figure let loose a hearty laugh. Belom smiled at him but it seemed like he was unsure about what was going on. Belom had never met anyone at the Courtyard of Awakening, the entrance to the City of Dreams. Until now, he did not think it was possible. "Jocund," the white robed figure announced suddenly.
Belom looked at him inquiringly and replied, "I do not understand? What is it?"
The white robed dreamer laughed again at him, "It is I. I is it. Only light. In balance. In sync. In Time."
Belom looked him over once more before asking, "Jocund? This is the name that you are called?" The white robed dreamer gave a nod to the question. Belom smiled again. "Can you help me fix what I have done?"
Jocund laughed at him and said, "I am certain I can. Do you believe I can?"
Belom scratches his head for a moment and then rephrases his question to Jocund, "Will you help me fix what I have done?"
Jocund nodded to him saying, "I will do as you ask. I will meet you in the place where the gem was left. You feel like you were wrong, right?" he asks, watching as Belom nodded, "It is here where we will right this wrong."
Belom looked away to the portals into the City as he asked Jocund one last question, "At what time should I meet you there?" When Belom looked back, Jocund was no longer there.
His voice echoed throughout the Courtyard of Awakening saying, "In time..."

To be continued...
~Belom • Master Scryer
·«ß»·