Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Mantic (╚═╚╝═╚╚╔)

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
jtbadn
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow
Character Name(s): Belom

Mantic (╚═╚╝═╚╚╔)

Post by jtbadn »

I was in the Library of Dreams, it was close to 8 Bells. Three newly awakened dreamers, (perro, lThrone & Presidente) were having some fun in the library, learning Arts and talking with other dreamers. Brother Timothy was helping them learn some of the Oracle Arts, which Sadara also helped with earlier in the evening. Sirus Nesto and Windsong had been there also. They left the Library, I believe to go find CONMAN in the Lightless Hollow. He was Horron hunting in the Pit. Before Sirus and Windsong left however, I spoke with Windsong and because so much is going on in both of our dreams, we mutually decided, for now at least, just to remain friends.

Jasper had come into the Library and he and I spoke a little bit. That was about the time he started pulling out some tricks in his bag. First he withdrew a Peace Aura staff and then he just went all out and sent everyone in the Library flying. So naturally, I cried out, "perro, jump," and so he did. The three youngsters seemed to be really enjoying the City. It's nice to see some curious dreamers for a change. After the flying stopped I excused myself, saying farewell to perro, lThrone and Presidente, and others gathered there. Just before leaving the library, I heard Jasper mention that it seemed Meredith had been hanging out at the Lost Sea for quite a bit. Before leaving, I replied, "I think I'll stop in and pay him a visit."

After leaving the Library, I made my way through the Lower Umbrics, to the sewers which would connect me to the Lost Sea. upon reaching the plane, I used the Art of Locate Dreamer to get a better idea where I could find Meredith and found that he was in the Ancient Temple. I applied some chamele to shroud my avatar from the Agoknights and Bogroms that lurk about and after only falling off the Broken Bridge once, I made my way into the Ancient Temple.

I sensed that Meredith was in close proximity to where I stood just after I stepped through the portal but I did spot him by sight. I applied some Vision and looked again but still couldn't locate him. In order to let him know I was there, though he likely sensed my presence as I moved closer to the Temple itself, I shout out to him yelling, "GREETINGS TO YOU MEREDITH OF THE LOST SEA!" I waited for a response but did not get one immediately. A moment later however, I saw him appear. He stood high upon the upper levels so I shouted out to him once more, this time saying, "Ah! There you are!"
He acknowledged my presence and there seemed to carry a bit of caution in his reply when he said, "Something is out of sync."

I studied him for a moment before shouting out to him asking if he was in need of any assistance. I offered to him that I would gladly assist him if there was anything within my power that I could offer. He descended his perch and made his way down to me. He said, "The darkness calls," with a foreboding inflection in his words. I questioned Meredith asking him what is it that calls? With forbearance, I watched as Meredith glared at the sight within the place that we spoke. He continued, warning me that, "The chaos is churning."
I asked him, "Do you feel some dark presence within the Sea?" He looked into my eyes with a very serious look on his face.
He asked, "What have you done?"

At first, I was not sure how to respond to what he was asking me. I was not aware of anything I had done personally that would merit such an inquiry. I did mention to him however, "The Ethereal Temple were very recently visited by a goddess named Hairmate. She is said to be a goddess of balance I have been told." I explained to him, "This goddess has named Windsong, First Priestess of Paradox."
He seemed to interrupt my words saying, "Out of place, out of time."
I pondered over the words that he offered and echoed "Time..."
He then said, "No balance." I was not sure the meaning of what he meant.

I thought it best that I explain what my intentions consisted of in the dreams to come, continuing my work alongside the Ethereal Temple. "I do plan to be here tomorrow evening in hopes to learn more about the existence of that Dark portal behind me."
He looked at me again, reclaiming a cautionary inflection on his face he said, "Some things are best left alone." I explained that it was not my intent to contour anything here and that I simply wished to call a vision to learn more. He then offered, "Nothing good can occur." He moved towards the portal and somehow he managed to span the gap that separated the portal to the Dark Awakening. I watched as he examined the doorway more closely. I told him that he was certainly more agile than I was and offered that I was unsure if it was possible for a dreamer to make that leap.

I explained to Meredith of my awareness as to what comes from the Dark Awakening. In response, he warned me do not disturb it. I asked him, "Has this portal always existed here?"
He responded to me saying, "It is many things. A doorway, simply a path." I tried to reassure Meredith that it was never my intent to disturb the portal and that I merely hoped to gaze into it and relax my mind in pursuit of gaining some sort of sense of it being here. He never answered my question but continued with his previous thought saying, "Only darkness gazes at the doorway."
I looked upon him defensively replying, "I have much respect for you and to your connection to this place." I continued by offering, "If you do not wish us to gaze upon this portal on the morrow, I will respect your wish."

I found myself standing near the portal to the Dark Awakening at the Ancient Temple in the Lost Sea. I was alone. Meredith seemed to vanish only after he left me with a simple warning, "Be careful." And careful we must be.
I invite you to join me at the Ancient Temple in the Lost Sea at 5 bells on the 22nd day of the 2nd month. I urge that you do not come unprepared as I am unsure what could be expected to happen here. Be certain you have a proper stock of protecting alterors and healing elemens with you. Bring with you your blade and several chakrams just in case. Do not think to join me here without setting your recall. Keep a constant eye towards the protective elements you hold within your avatar. Keep alert and watchful of anything you might see, hear or sense that you feel may endanger any who are gathered. Be mindful of all of these things I ask.

May you be Alert.
May you be Balanced.
May you be Clear.
~Belom • Master Scryer
·«ß»·