Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The Mantic 2.24

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
jtbadn
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow
Character Name(s): Belom

The Mantic 2.24

Post by jtbadn »

The Returning of the Mantic of Belom

The Mantic is a series of written works of prophetic dreams. The purposeful mission of The Mantic is to provide the dreamstate with records of prophetic, or foretelling occurrences that have been discerned from any extrasensory source.

I would consider The Mantic to be my 'Book of Shadows'.
~Belom the Scrying Prophet.

Shadow is neither Light or Dark. Instead, I offer to you that Shadow should be defined as the balance of both the Light and the Dark. A Shadow's existence is dependent on both Dark and Light. When the word Shadow comes to mind, quite often people will associate the existence of that Shadow as being a form of Darkness. Is it not just as true to claim that where there's a Shadow, there's a Light? So, to reiterate, Shadow exists from both the Light and the Dark and cannot exist at all without some measurement of both of these elements.

Just a few dreams ago, I was alone in the City in the very early morning hours when I began to take notice of something clandestine in nature.I observed this occurrence for a god span of time and it seemed to slip into existence, linger briefly and seemingly slip back out of the City. I discerned that this curious force of energy had been keeping itself shrouded from the entire City for an extremely long amount of time. It would continuously create new ways in order to remain hidden from us for a great number of years, decades, perhaps even centuries.

It was in those quiet, early hours of the morning, wherein one could certainly admit that he was in fact, alone in the City, when suddenly, a vision found its way to this old prophet and began revealing to me a most incredible secret. . .

Some unknown force found its way to me in my very recent dreams and I became mesmerized from within a vision for I found it to be unlike all other visions I had previously experienced. This one in particular, hosted a display of vivid imagery and incredible revelatory findings.

Through this vision, I was shown, what appeared to be, a very thin, translucent, almost unseen layer of reality in which I briefly felt enabled to bring into focus. It seemed as though this, temporary plane of existence (perhaps?), could only remain in my focus within the vision for what felt like a relatively short allotment of time. The revelation I experienced in regard to this layer with stunted existence, I assumed, at first that this may have been a copy of the more prominent layer. The location of this duplication layer seemed to reside in close proximity to this prominent, more definitive layer.

The vision could not linger in this shrouded layer for any notable amount of time and seemed to move its focus and bring back into focus this more stable, or definitive layer. This layer was the same layer which I had originally referenced as as the universally perceived reality.
A strange feeling came over me all of a sudden.
I thought to myself a moment that this might not have truly been a “feeling” at all . . . As I began to recollect on the emotions that I was experiencing within this vision, I pondered a thought of finding some relation from within that particular moment to my sudden ‘desire’, or even better defined, ‘urge’ that I began to experience where my attention felt as though it was being drawn to random objects, specific dreamers and a few unseen conditions that I seemed to pick up from within the fabric of this layer. I couldn’t seem to stop myself from all of my failed attempts to manipulate the things I saw in this state of mind. Although the feelings I experienced in my attempts to manipulate some specifics of this state were somehow thwarted, I could not seem to break my determination.

For a short time I continued doing the same things I had done previously but I would approach from different angles and I even tried to manipulate an object in hopes to move it towards or away from other objects that were nearby it. The vision the faded this layer and obscured it from my view thus, I was not granted even the slightest attempts to manipulate the definitive layer of reality.

Thus far, I had heard no voices, saw no inscriptions and I felt an extreme lack of presence around me. I have never experienced a vision quite like this, including all of the visions that had been born from Scrying. At this point,I was unsure what this vision was trying to show me. A brief moment passed. The vision now displayed, this other layer which seemed like a foggy, somewhat transparent replication of the definitive layer of reality which I had seen previously in this vision.

This layer seemed at first glance, to be a sort-of watered down, clouded, carbon copy like version of the other. I quickly leaned, when the ‘urge’, the same one which I had previously experienced, made its way back and became the current focus. The urge to manipulate objects, dreamers and other environmental associations, seemed to once again override my thoughts. Oddly, I felt as though I were being manipulated by the vision!

To put you all at ease, I felt as though I were radiantly protected and shielded from all known worlds throughout the entire duration of this vision. I began to manipulate small objects inside the barely visible layer. Faded faces of unknown dreamers seemed to empathically send to me their feeling of fear, surprise, joy, pain, sorrow, conquest etc. I have experienced emotions from dreamers in my past but I have never experienced quite like this. This vision, the experimental aspects I was learning, and the message that had been intended for me to experience in order to impart all that I have learned with you, seemed to circle front and center and stare directly into my very DreamSoul!

I learned a great deal more about myself from relatively small aspects from this vision. I learned that each thought we conjure in our mind, begins as just a thought. I learned that our thoughts can be created to become as powerful as we can conceive them to become.

Thoughts without action will not change, just as I was unable to manipulate the definitive layer of our reality. Add a bit of action to that thought and it moves to that, temporary, cloud-like, pseudo layer which can be manipulated at will. Something to think about, both of these planar layers from this vision exist. When thoughts begin to take action, a sort of covenant is made. Could this explain a foundation in the fundamentals of creation? It certainly seems that way.

I did not foresee this vision coming, nor am I omniscient of an unquenchable curiosity to do something great, say something profound, or simply be at the right place at the right time. Hear my words and use them as you will or of you choose, do not use them at all. Undoubtedly it is your choice.

Choose wisely.

May you be alert.
May you be balanced.
May you be clear.
~Belom • Master Scryer
·«ß»·