Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

-=(* *)=- Advocate of the Web

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Loathed
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Magnilia

-=(* *)=- Advocate of the Web

Post by Loathed »

Who is right? 

Them? 

Us? 

Him? 

"Him" is an absentee house initiate, leaving a simplistic piece machinery to run forever until he awakes from his journey to the city. 

Them? 

They are small, frail, naive, darkened, and lost. How could they be right? 

How could they understand what it means to be one of us, to be an immortal predator, when they cannot even face the condition of a mortal shepherding sheep? 

They surely are not right, and even if they accidentally were...

Would it matter? 

This world we have called ours, this world is darkness, brute strength and guile. If you cannot beat your neighbor, have your cousin defeat him, and then defeat your cousin. Or burn his house. 

Whatever. 

Be unreachable, let them know it is not in their interest to try and harm you, make them sure that the resolution of the problem will be more loath than the problem itself, and what do we have? 

Compromise, politics, and a reorganized predatory chain at the top of which you stand while every kind of creature below rips off the arm of his brother to beat upon his sister and feel as though he was innocent. 

"After all, it's not my arm!". 

Let them dwell in the pit of their pretension. For we are not the ones upholding the masquerade. In the times of judgment, we would walk the shards with little bother for the peasants trying to save their corn and lettuce whilst we would burn the lands to kill each other. 

They did learn the masquerade before we did, they learned dissimulation...
They taught us such things. You don't believe me? 

I have a clear conscience. 

I can be a monster, a predator, and I know it. 

Dreaming, is our meal. 

Who could justify this, on a morally orthodox point of view? 

Who could say “I am good, even though I harm in any needed way to sustain myself." 

Nobody could. Except the Order.

Dreamers destroy, waste and pillage. Still believe they can legitimate this, thanks to some sort of supposed superiority granted to them by the election of a greater power – that absentee over-father called honor, called elder? 

So who is the liar? Who does dissimulate? Who cheats and tricks? 

Do we? 

Do WE? 

Chaos is the only legitimate law in this world. Maybe other worlds are different... 

Maybe.

But here, voila. 

Darkness, given shape by strength and guile.

-=(* *)=-
A man's character is his fate. - Heraclitus