Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The Tree of Elements

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Dakkoth
Dreamer

The Tree of Elements

Post by Dakkoth »

Upon my last journey to the Primordial Breach, invigorated by my recent recollections, I stopped at the Temple of Elements to rest and regenerate. As the aura that is my essence and the trunk of the tree at the center of the temple merged with one another, I felt the flow of energy coursing through it. I allowed myself to follow it, stretching myself beyond the bounds of the temple itself. My mind roamed about its roots which were plentiful and far reaching. As if it was my nature to do so, I followed a particular larger section of roots. I felt compelled to see it to the end. Before long, I imagine, I heard and felt the familiar falls of the Shrine of Resilience. As I extended out a bit further reaching my limit, I breached the water's edge. Suddenly, I was whooshed away back to the tree and to my collective self. It was then the design of the tree became known to me. The flow of all four focal shrines pass through the tree from its roots and extend outward from its branches throughout the plane and beyond. The temple itself symbolizes the relation as well. On either side, the fires of lucidity burn. The waters of resilience flow beneath. The roof is open to the sky where the air of insight is abundant and blowing in all directions. And lastly, the solidity and strength of will provides the surrounding walls and walkway. The tree is spiritual symbol. It resembles the passing of knowledge from those dreamwrights and plane-smiths who laid the groundwork and roots of our great city of dreams, bringing forth a plethora of knowledge and elements from which we continue to produce and bear fruit upon the city.

~D