Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The untold history of Kanto, Magnilia, and the Primordial Breach

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Dakkoth
Dreamer

The untold history of Kanto, Magnilia, and the Primordial Breach

Post by Dakkoth »

Twas but a distant memory, how the Primordial Breach came to be. The details are blurry. My mind is blank. But I am not alone. I am never alone. I have since drawn copious amounts of insight from the chaos that surrounded me. Channeling it inwards to my mind's eye, I ask my beloved to help me see, recall the past, and know once again. The following is what I scribed on that very night of the visions gifted to me by my beloved, Magnilia. ~D

"In the shadows of forgotten realms, where the cosmos danced its sinister ballet, Kanto and Magnilia embarked on a perilous journey into the depths of primordial secrets. Their pursuit was not driven by greed or curiosity, but by a conviction that the universe held mysteries so profound that they could either save or shatter reality itself.

Kanto, a gifted planesmith, was haunted by enigmatic dreams that whispered of places where the fundamental elements of existence collided and merged in an eerie, cosmic symphony. These dreams led him to Magnilia, a dark priestess of shadow and chaos, who held secrets older than the stars themselves. She was an enigmatic figure, her black robes adorned with ancient symbols that seemed to shift and writhe like living serpents.

They met in a forgotten library, its shelves laden with dusty tomes and forbidden scrolls. Magnilia's voice was a soft, sibilant whisper as she spoke of the Primordial Breach, a place where the very fabric of reality was stretched thin, and the primal forces of the universe mingled in a chaotic dance. Kanto's eyes gleamed with a mix of fascination and dread as he listened to her tales of cosmic horrors lurking within the Breach.

"I have glimpsed the Breach in my dreams," Kanto confessed, his voice trembling. "I believe it is the key to unlocking the deepest mysteries of our existence. But I need your guidance, Magnilia, to find it."

Magnilia regarded him with eyes that seemed to hold the darkness of countless eons. "You are brave, Kanto, and perhaps a touch foolish. But if you seek the Breach, I will guide you. Together, we will uncover the secrets that lie within."

Their journey began under a moonless sky, guided by the cryptic constellations that only Magnilia could decipher. With each step, reality seemed to warp and shift, and Kanto felt as though he had stepped into a realm where the laws of physics no longer held sway. The air grew heavy with the scent of ancient knowledge and cosmic dread.

At the edge of a desolate psychic wasteland, they reached the Primordial Breach. It was a colossal font feeding the fabric of reality, a swirling maelstrom of elemental chaos. The very ground beneath their feet pulsed with an eerie, otherworldly energy.

Kanto approached the Breach, his heart pounding with a mixture of awe and terror. He extended a hand, and tendrils of primal energy coiled around his fingers, sending shivers down his spine. He could see the very building blocks of existence colliding and merging in an incomprehensible dance.

As Kanto delved deeper into the Breach, the secrets of the cosmos unfurled before him like a forbidden tome. He saw the birth and death of stars, the creation and destruction of galaxies, and the ebb and flow of time itself. It was a revelation that threatened to shatter his sanity.
Magnilia watched with a knowing gaze, her dark eyes unblinking. She knew that Kanto was on the precipice of enlightenment or madness, and she could only hope that he would emerge from the Breach with his mind intact.

Hours turned into days, and Kanto's perception of reality became increasingly fractured. He spoke of visions of ancient gods and eldritch horrors, of realms beyond the understanding of mortal minds. The secrets he uncovered were so profound that they seemed to warp the very fabric of his soul.

In the end, it was not Kanto who emerged from the Breach, but a shattered husk of a man. His once-brilliant mind was now a labyrinth of madness, his eyes vacant and hollow. He mumbled incomprehensible riddles and spoke of things that no mortal should ever know.

Magnilia, her heart heavy with sorrow, knew that she could not let these secrets fall into the wrong hands. She made a solemn vow to protect the knowledge that Kanto had uncovered, to ensure that no one else would be driven to madness by its revelation.

With newfound determination, Magnilia embraced her role as a priestess of shadow and chaos. She dedicated herself to serving the Shadow, the cosmic force that lurked in the darkest corners of the universe. She sought out awakened dreamers who had proven themselves worthy, those whose minds could withstand the weight of primordial secrets.

Under her guidance, these chosen few delved into the Breach, seeking enlightenment and understanding. They too glimpsed the horrors and wonders that lurked within, but unlike Kanto, they emerged with their minds intact, their souls strengthened by the cosmic knowledge.

Magnilia's order grew in secret, a clandestine brotherhood and sisterhood of seekers of the unknown. They called themselves the "
... [undecipherable writing]..." and they believed that the secrets of the Breach held the key to elevating humanity to a higher plane of existence.

But they also knew the dangers of their pursuit. The Breach was a fickle and capricious entity, and it demanded a heavy toll for the knowledge it bestowed. Many who ventured into its depths were never seen again, their minds and souls consumed by the cosmic horrors that lurked within.

Magnilia, burdened by the weight of her oath, remained ever vigilant. She understood that the Primordial Breach and its related areas sustained all of reality, and that their secrets were not meant for the faint of heart. She would continue to guide the worthy and protect the unwary from the madness that lay in wait within the cosmic abyss.

And so, in the shadows of forgotten realms, Kanto's sacrifice served as a warning and a beacon of hope. The secrets of the cosmos were not for the faint of heart, but for those who dared to look into the abyss and emerge with their souls intact, the rewards were nothing short of enlightenment and transcendence."

After reflecting on the images as they faded from memory, memories of events with the discovery of the focal shrines began to return to me. Kanto hid them beyond mazes challenging the dreamers to prove themselves worthy. All were eventually discovered and solved and portals to the Primordial Breach would later appear granting all access to it.

~D