Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Dreamers of Light

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Tember
Dreamer

Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

Dreamers of Light: Sentinels of Illumination

Beliefs and Philosophy

The Dreamers of Light stand as a steadfast beacon of virtue and protection within the tapestry of Underlight's dreamscape. Bound by duty to serve, we revere the Light as an unwavering source of guidance and righteousness within the City of Dreams. As valiant defenders, we hold a deep-seated conviction to shield the innocent, uphold justice, and oppose all that threatens the sanctity of the City. Chaos and darkmares are conduits of corruption that must be eradicated in all forms. The Dreamers of Light hold themselves to a high standard of honor that we believe every dreamer should dream by.

Tenets of the Dreamers of Light
1. Unified Vigil: The Dreamers of Light view each member as a cherished sibling in arms, bound by an unbreakable bond of trust and camaraderie. Together, we form a formidable force against darkness and chaos.
2. Luminous Vigilance: From our stronghold atop Mount Illapse to the plane of Cairn of Sorrow, the Dreamers of Light maintain eternal watchfulness. Visitors are welcomed, but any who bring harm to the Light or its followers shall face our unwavering judgment.
3. Guiding Beacon: The Light symbolizes righteousness and wisdom. The Dreamers believe that following its guidance is pivotal to maintaining the City's harmony. We aspire to embody its virtues in all our endeavors.
4. Justice Unyielding: We hold the scales of justice with resolute hands. Those who threaten the City, its inhabitants, or the Light itself will face swift retribution. The Dreamers stand as impartial arbiters of what is right and just.
5. Shield of the Innocent: The Dreamers of Light are fierce protectors of the innocent and vulnerable. Our purpose is to offer safety to those who seek refuge beneath their radiant wings, and will face any danger to ensure the well-being of their fellow dreamers.

Oath of the Dreamers of Light
With the Light as my guide, I take up the mantle of the Dreamers of Light. In unity, I pledge myself to my brothers and sisters in arms, bound by bonds unbreakable. Upon the foundations of Mount Illapse and in the heart of Cairn of Sorrow, I swear to protect and preserve the sanctity of our lands. I shall honor the Light's wisdom and heed its call, standing resolute in the face of darkness. As a beacon of justice, I shall strike down those who threaten the harmony of the City and the purity of the Light. With courage in my heart and righteousness in my actions, I take this oath as a shield for the innocent and a guardian of the Dream.

Creed to Dream By
Within the embrace of the Dream, we are bound as kin, defenders of the Light's brilliance. With vigilance unyielding, we stand watch upon the mountaintop and within the sorrowful plane. Our belief in the Light guides our path, illuminating our actions with unwavering virtue. As bearers of justice, we bring retribution to those who harm the City and its inhabitants. With resolute hearts, we protect the innocent, shielded by the Light's benevolent glow. In unity, we rise as vigilant sentinels, unwavering in our purpose. For within the City of Dreams, the Dreamers of Light stand as the steadfast guardians of honor, our resolve unbreakable and our duty unending.

Enforcing our standards
We will protect our home, our lands and our brothers and sisters.
We will fight the darks and chaos wherever they may roam, but seek acceptance to join the fight at others homes.
We respect other lands and house planes throughout the city, with the exception of violence brought against us or the city itself.
We honor the city for giving us the freedom to dream.
We imprison the darkmares to free the unawkaned souls, but understand that our methods may not be the only way possible to achieve this.
We lay claim to the Carin of Sorrow. Visitors may roam and pass freely, but violators will be judged swiftly and we will act accordingly.
Tember
Dreamer

Re: Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

A few clarifications and explanations.

Going into this thing, I knew I would receive heat for wanting my home back. For wanting a family again. We have been known to really stand up for what we believe at all cost and at all times, and sometimes pushing the boundaries before us to achieve our goals.

The dreamers of Light have for the most part, always been my home. My love for it began way back in the lyra days. Many members have come and gone, some I long to see again one day. As it stands right now, we've got several of them returning to the house since recruiting began.

I will always hold steadfast to my beliefs and my convictions, but just as the city has changed, so should we. One thing that I have learned over the years is that we have to respect each other if we are going to dream together.

The city cannot survive without dreamers walking the halls. Even back when the first dreamer walked the city, it had to be shaped and molded, and repaired. I know without a shadow of doubt, that we can all dream together, without sharing the same beliefs, the same morals, the same clique, the same personalities and standards. We are all different in our own ways, but we must dream in order for the city to stand.

The Dreamers of Light will not be the same house under Raymonds command. We plan to set boundaries, boundaries of war, boundaries of respect for other houses, beliefs, planes, honor for our own and understanding of where to draw a line in the sand when we disagree.

We will still stand for what we believe, and there will be judgement if it is due. But innocent bystanders will not suffer or be pushed into the middle. Planes of existence that have done no wrong shall remain untouched. We will pick and choose battles as they come with honor and dignity.

Our desire is protection over the city and our family.

Sincerly,
Advisor of the Light