Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

☼ Dreamsmith Guild ☼

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Tentacle
Dreamer

☼ Dreamsmith Guild ☼

Post by Tentacle »

☼ Dreamsmith Guild ☼

Eton: I do not take well to being told where to go or who to seek out when it comes to someone needing something from me. If you need something that only a specific someone can offer, it is a much stronger position to seek that person out.

Lumira: This is information you are seeking from me. Several students have expressed interest in joining the guild but they have not actively worked to complete the work that Enoon assigned them. I would count on at least one of that number misleading you, claiming he was far along in his work, and trying to cut any corner that he can to be fast tracked towards being a Guild member. If you have further questions, do seek me out.

The Dreamsmith Guild is being discussed. Some points will be familiar to those who have and teach Forge Talisman; some may feel new. These are my thoughts.
  • Crafters should avoid errors in crafting at all costs. ((Spelling))
  • Crafters should avoid toying with the emotions of those who interact with their creations. ((Forced Emotions))
  • Crafters are required to sign all substantial creations - This means any item not immediately used OR any item which another person interacts with
  • All Crafters shall create for themselves a unique signature mark
  • All items shall have an aura ((Description))

Primary education should include familiarizing the Student with the literature available about Forge Talisman. The sheer volume of information regarding the possibilities of Forge Talisman and the variation in items crafted makes it unlikely that any person will have all related information memorized. This is not to say that education should be limited to this information. However, I have witnessed many dreamers of all Forge Talisman mastery levels needing help to recall information about it. They need to be made aware of what resources there are for reference.

I see no profound issue with the DreamSmith Guild Charter in versions that I have witnessed ratified before. I would move that most, if not all, of those requirements, be brought forward.

The DreamSmith Guild should also have a connection to the Focus Guilds, Library, and Museum where applicable. I also move that Dreamsmiths show their potential in following a path of specialty. For example, I have worked for many years to develop a trained hand for items such as Phylactery. That is not to say that a Dreamsmith would only craft a single item type. Instead, an overall theme and area of mastery would and should be expected of each Dreamsmith. In establishing this theme throughout the Guild, we have a degree of trust that the Dreamsmiths are instructing their students in ways that will help them develop crafting methods that elevate the use of the art.

The Matron
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper