Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

☼ Celestial Marvel ☼

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Tentacle
Dreamer

☼ Celestial Marvel ☼

Post by Tentacle »

Celestial Marvel

It had come to pass that, in our midst, a new group of entities arrived. They sailed into our Reality through a ship, through the Lost Sea. We became easy acquaintances. In their number, they manifest muscle, brain, and spiritual affinity. The tremendous feminine energy of Luna guided them.

River Sky. As with all peoples, they, too, had their burdens. With them, they brought at least one prisoner. When I met her, I was reminded of home. The gifts of humiliation and imprisonment. The breaking of spirit and mind. I looked upon her with some kindness, and in my palm, I concealed a small needle and length of thread. I saw an opportunity, and I passed it on to her. I hoped that from this tiny thing, she would remember that even in darkness, she could mend. We are all the weavers of dreams, responsible for exploring our potential. I knew that she might cast away such a small gift. Yet, I hoped she might embroider some small pattern that gave her hope. Again and again, she might pluck free those threads and begin the cycle anew. With each design, she would design hope. She was kept from our view for a long time after her introduction.

As is my way, I began to learn about the Wardens in what ways I could. Though meetings were few, I did appreciate the opportunities I was given to learn of their spiritual connections. I was afforded a chance to walk with one of the Wardens. And take her to places of power within this city of dreams they had come to. In Cholok's Temple, I spoke to my companion about the deep connections some of us had formed within our Reality. She understood, and that pleased me. The mysterious and beautiful things we had witnessed in places of power were forgotten by most. Perhaps these Wardens and their Luna would weave a little magic back into the realm.

After some time, the plight of River Sky came under review. We learned that River Sky was accused of releasing prisoners while she was a trusted Warden. She spoke to us of the negotiations she had made with the released prisoners, these Thralls. She was convincing enough that the Wardens decided they would release her. They would release Rivery Sky on the condition that she reveals where the lost prisoners and been hiding. It was a trap.

River Sky did indeed lead the Wardens to the Thralls. Those of us who followed were caught up in the trap that the opposition had set. After an initial battle, forces took sanctuary in my ancestral home, Umbric Stronghold. It was in this place that the tables turned. Alice Sibley, a Warden, was captured; she would now be a prisoner. So began the ascent of the Blood Moon, a saga that is more complex than it may seem.

While wars and strife are nothing new to us, this round of turmoil brought a strange new blight. Siphoning energies from the world around us is nothing new. The Primordial realms sustain this Reality. Each complete Reality is supported by its Primordial region. However, during this strife, I discovered something new—a strange and creeping blight. Part of me wonders if the strange and enigmatic Enochissa had a role to play in this blight, but that is a tale for another time.

I became determined to stop the blight or limit its environmental impact. To do this, I must also limit the amount of power being pulled from the environment. I must protect Umbric and its Stronghold. While attempting to work with the Wardens and those of Umbric, I created a device to shield the wounded lands. I could not immediately settle the strife between the Wardens and Umbric, but I could protect the weave of Reality itself, and so I would. In three phases, I installed components. Together, these components would create a shield over the afflicted area when activated—a bandage of sorts, limiting what would be bled off and the blight spread.

Last night, as other matters were the focus. I stepped away to complete my work. Into the heart of my ancestral home, I had to venture. I was facing a storm of memories and nightmares alike. Still, I pressed on. The cruel assault of time was nothing new to me now; it was simply another test. I am my protection, and I had to believe my masteries would not fail me.

And so, with the final components in place, I activated my device. What came to pass was indeed a sight to behold. First, a loud ticking echoed throughout the realm of Umbric; a dark face moved over the front of the Blood Moon. An unmistakable tentacle of shadow wrapped around it in a shady embrace.

I pressed on, making adjustments, committing myself to the rites and rituals as I knew I must.

I knew forces were gathering at the Umbric stronghold; I had not yet been detected. I pressed on, was singled-minded, and focused on completing my work. So much depended on reestablishing a balance. It was then that tendrils of shadow continued to swell around the moon. As if joining with them, a thick rolling fog full of dancing whispers fills the passages and skies of Umbric, creating an uncanny shield.

Success? I had to believe it was so. I could be afforded no more time. I must withdraw for the scene, the cycle of the device now steady and established. I tugged on my anchor and returned to the Garrison. As the eclipse ended, a hush fell over Umbric. A shield settled into a quiet resonance, and I could see that over the entire area, a faint dome-like shimmer remained in place over the plane and Umbric house.

And now, I wait. Strife continues, Wardens, Umbric, and the rest of us. We all need help understanding the threads we are following. Strange new alliances will have to be explored to find this understanding. And so we will continue to gather, grow, and struggle under this strange Blood Moon.

The Matron
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper