Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.2.0)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.2.0)

Temporal Shift - Part 2: Duskara

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
jtbadn
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Belom

Temporal Shift - Part 2: Duskara

Post by jtbadn »

It wasn't terribly long after I heard the imp speak that a vision came upon me. Gryel appeared to me although, this time, he did not speak. The imp was diminishing from confines of the makings of this portal. Gryel did however show me a way to escape this place, once and for all and so I followed the instructions that the imp had acted out for me and I found my way back to the City.

At least, I thought I had.

So very similar, in fact, I would say this place was almost identical to the City we have come to know as Lyraclesia. The dreamers here were not the same however and they called their City by the name, Duskara.

There were many dreamers here in this place, maybe ten times more dreamers that what we have in our City. So much was going on here as all eight of the great houses were open and each of them actively offered something different to the City.

Duskara was not at all the same as Lyra. There was peace among the eight houses. There were no supreme beings or entities worshiped Duskara. The dreamers of this city each experienced their own sense of enlightenment.

Duskara was a city that was full of understanding, wisdom, knowledge, virtue, duty and reverence. I took note that this was not a city that was visited for long periods of time. House hierarchy was more of a shared service than separate ranks.

Duskara is not a place I will soon forget. It may become a bit more clear to the dreamers here on how I chose to act in certain events and personal placements. I feel with certainly that I have become a better dreamer because of my experiences in this city.

From my perspective alone, I feel as if I had spent a year and a half in the City of Duskara before I returned to the Ring of Passage on that fateful dream in the City of Lyraclesia.

The dreamers gathered at the Ring of Passage in Lyraclesia when the portal began to materialize, may have felt only a few moments pass, but in the mind of Belom, it was so much more than that.

Only a fool would judge another for what they do not know.

Do not be the fool.

Be the wise.
~Belom
·«ß»·
Master Scryer
Associate of the Enigmatic Order