Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Temple Guild: REPORT #4

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Sadara

Temple Guild: REPORT #4

Post by Sadara »

Report #4

Entity: Anelinde/Goril

Place: Lower Cairn, Anelinde's Prison

Time: REDACTED

The 6th séance commenced with the aid of Duck, Drizzt Do'Urden, Lethea, Vitus, and Agatha Hogbone. After a quick briefing of events taken place prior, we all proceeded to the room. The following is the encounter:

Sadara softly and gently speaks once again, "Hello? Anelinde? Goril?"

A cold wind blows through the room and settles

The shadows of the room grow darker as soft whispers fill the room to low to understand

Sadara looks to the portal and then back to the candle with a warm and stoic expression. She smiles lightly and looks around the room, "Goril... I can sense you are here... would you be willing to talk now?"

A the shadows come to the middle where the candle is and starts to form the shape of a young woman the look of fear on his face as she whispers "Father no!"

Sadara squints lightly and then looks to the form, "Anelinde... goodness I didnt expect you. How are you? Is your father around?"

Drizzt Do'Urden almost steps out the circle of salt to help the woman then checks himself

The female figure moves quickly to Sadara "You have to go he's coming and he's upset"

Lethea looks to Drizzt with a bit of alarm but settles back

Sadara looks over Anelinde, with a concern. She shakes her head, "Do not fear my dear. We've come to speak with Goril once more. I know he is upset... let him arrive. We will speak with him."

Duck blinks and watches carefully

Sadara says, "Maybe this time he will listen."

The form of the female fades and dissipates as darkness is brought to the room

Sadara reaches out for Anelinde and gently looks toward the portal, she speaks gently, "Goril...?"

A dark form swirls around the candle as the room grows warmer the form of a male appears and goes quickly to Sadara screaming at her "WHY DO YOU COME BACK!?! LEAVE NOW!"

Lethea stiffens and bites her tongue, lacing her fingers together

Sadara breathes in and out gently, as she looks to the figure with a warm and concerned expression, "Goril... you recall what I told you the last time? We know why you are really angry."

The shadow forms into a Male figure and moves to each of those here chilling each as he passes

Drizzt Do'Urden holds back, but calls Resilience to his fingers in the form of Banish Essense

Lethea watches the shadow move with a bit of curiosity

The form moves to the middle in the candle and falls to his knees and sobs loudly, "Why do you keep reminding me of my pain.... why can't you just leave us"

Sadara sighs out as she feels the pain emit from Goril, she leans forward and reaches her hand toward him. "Goril... we are here not to hurt you. We are here because we care."

Drizzt Do'Urden lets the Resilience fall from his hands to prove point

Lethea takes a deep breath and lets go of her anger in solidarity with Sadara's words

The figure cries out "But it's my fault... I wasn't there to save her"

Sadara says, "You are here now... and still pained. Your daughter longs to see her father let go of the pain. And so do we. We wish to help in that process. It wont be easy... I know. However are you willing?"

The figure looks up quickly "I can't let her get hurt! I have to protect her here. I will not let her go!"

Sadara speaks softly to Goril, "Goril you have to let her go. As much as you want to protect her... you have to let her go. To let her grow. To let her be the woman she wants to be. For her to be happy."

The shadow stands his head slumped down whispering "And she will fall to the same fate as her mother. I won't be there to save her"

Drizzts says, "Goril, from one father to another, the hardest thing we have to do is let our children go, my daughters stands just there. If I had held her back and protected her she would not be a Guardian of the Alliance, or Captain of the city guard. Sometimes we have to stand back and let them make their own mistakes, help them when can, hold them when they need it."

Lethea looks to Drizzt with a smile and nods, "Goril, I am a daddys girl and always have been. If he had not let me go I would not have lead my own squad to victory on the battlefield. I still talk to him every day and let him know how much his strong little girl loves him and the lessons he let me learn."

The dark figure moves quickly to Drizzt Do'Urden and exclaims "You didn't have a wife die where you couldn't protect her! I will not let that happen to my daughter!"

Drizzt says, "You are wrong! I did, I failed my first wife and lost her and our child. Something that always will haunt me but still I let Duck go, so she can make her own way."

Sadara nods gently to Drizzt solemnly as she listens on.

Lethea looks between Drizzt and Duck with a smile on her lips

Duck looks at her father and nods

Drizzt says, "We all have pain, holding it makes it grow, sharing it lessens it, and finally coming to terms with it frees us."

A darkness fades in and out as he paces around the circle "I can not chance it. I could never live with myself"

Drizzt says, "It is time to come to terms with yours. Goril, I am a Soulmaster, like Sadara, our role is to heal. Share your pain with me, set yourself free."

Drizzt Do'Urden extends his hand to the shadow.

A dark blast of shadows push dirt around the room as he screams "I can't!"

Lethea holds her hands together over her eyes, "Goril, how long has it been since you saw your daughter smile?"

Drizzt says, "Correction, you can, you just don't want too."

Agatha Deadbone picks dirt out of hair and laughs.

The flame in the center flairs brightly as the figure turns into shadows centered on the candle the fire erupts as winds fill the room.

And with Goril's frustration, we left to let him digest what was said. We hope to speak with him once again and see what he has thought. -{S}