Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Writing Contest Day 1

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Sage14

Writing Contest Day 1

Post by Sage14 »

Everyone Who Showed Up:
Sadara*
North Wind*
Kelos*
Starfall ~ Judge
Pinhook
Drizzt Do'Urden ~ Judge
Balaster*
Liolira*
Najerv Torek
Tember
Rafe*
Flower of Cienn
Razor Wind
Koriania*
Sixx
OfF KiLTeR*
Dumah
Kanto
Hrrum*
Fin Marda*
Icarus
* are those who entered

Entries:
Write a task for yourself, No Forge, Sphere or Train
Any to Learn, plat 70, Didn't matter.

Liolira Distress Call~10 ; it reads: Help you been over run by gatekeepers at Calenture. Develop selfcare skills for the other foci of the house and yourself, to deal with their knuckle dragging humor.

OfF KiLTeR Tempest~70 ; it reads: Run like the wind! Find the fastest way to visit all of the planes of the city. Try and carve out the fastest route that you can and then map it out for others to try and beat. The goal is to not miss a single plane, excluding the houses. How quickly can it be done. One rule - No teleportation arts like rally or translocate.

Rafe Chamele~ 60 ; it reads: Chamele hides us but how many other ways are there to be unseen in the dream what possible ways are there to hide and not truely be chameled, and be active, do we really need to spend energy when just position hides? what in the dream can hide right in front of us.

North Wind Channel~ 40 ; it reads: North Wind for this task I want you to Channel the very essence of your mentor Drizzt. Make sure you randomly and at inopportune times Trance for a moment or 3. Force dreamers to listen to your Lyran City Stories, invent an art you will never finish, and certainly do not forget to find your own "apprentice" to torture day in and day out.

Ballaster Trapmare~ Learn ; it reads: For this quest I want you to let a mare trap you. Not for long but to see if they actually can hold you in place as they do damage. See if there is a way to escape. Come tell me what you came up with and if you were able to escape the mare trap! ~Bally

Kelos Blast~ 70 ; it reads: For this plateau, I want you to evoke blast on each mare that resides on the Trinities...Count them as you go. Do they all accept blast in the same manner? I await your report...Kelos

Sadara Abjure~ 60 ; it reads: Abjuring is useful for all cases in a fight. However can abjure remove other things within the Dream? Such as color? Physical objects? Make a blueprint, and forge a machine within the Forge of the Breach, that has the potential to abjure the red from the Lake of Tears. Make an attempt in this with a max of 4 Dreamers for both Forging and the experiment. -{S}

Koriania Locate Dreamer~ 30 ; it reads: From Kori: Spend 2 dreams without using Locate Dreamer at all. Elucidate on why this may be an art we know instinctively upon awakening. Be prepared for discussion.

Fin Marda Dreamseer~ 50 ; it reads: Think about what it means to you to be a Dreamseer. Would you rather be another focus instead? If so, why? If so, why not? Attend a Dreamseer meeting or collect a group of at least four other Dreamseers. See how they feel about the focus. Anything they would like changed? Report back to me when you're ready. Fin Marda

Hrrum Translocate~ 60; it reads: Hrrumy, for Translocate to 6th platue I would like you to find a rather new and radical method of travel within the City boundaries and above. Share your experiences and process in the form of the Traveller Journal. Share such technique with a group of dreamers.

Final 3:
Had to write a task for their favorite teacher, the teachers favorite art at plat to 50.

North Wind FOR Ironies II ~ Trap Mare 50; it reads: You love to Trap mares more than anything, but what would happen if the tables were reversed?! Imagine the mares all of a sudden had the art to Trap Dreamer. Come up with a story about such a situation. You are the main character in this story. Write for me something deserving of a 50 plat and share it on the archives as well. Be creative, Be silly.

Ballaster FOR Starfall~ Stagger 50; it reads: For this quest you must take along a fellow sender. This fellow sender must keep you staggered at all times while you do your best to fill up a chaos well hunting to 25 essences. You must also do this blind, staggered and blind you must hunt up 25 essences and it can be any mare. Once completed write down your thoughts on how you felt to be blinded and unable to hold still while being attacked. Make this a thourough as you can report.

Koriania FOR Ironies II ~ Trap Mare 50; it reads: Ironies II is the teacher in question. By now, you know the mechanics of your addiction. And, presumably, why it is a major SoulMaster art. How would it change, if it were minor? Would you support this change? Be prepared to debate both sides to this question.

Judging:
Drizzt Do'Urden: Ballaster, Kelos and Hrrum
Starfall: North Wind, Marda and Kori

Final 3: Ballaster, North, and Kori

WINNER: Ballaster

Sage14

Writing Contest Day 2

Post by Sage14 »

Everyone Who Showed Up:
Liolira
Starfall ~ Judge
Drizzt Do'Urden ~Judge
North Wind
Ballaster
Sadara*
Ironies II*
Fin Marda
Hrrum*
Koriania*
Rafe*
OfF KiLTeR
Tamarisk
* are those who entered

Entries:
Write a task for a Single Halo teacher, Past or Present.
No Forge, Sphere or Train
Any to Learn, plat 70, Didn't matter.

Rafe FOR Rafy ~ Sacrifice 20; it reads: Made to avoid hunting does this give edge to those who have the art and was it fair to make city available and putting AoE at disadvantage. Is there that much advantage to one house having alone or should more come from the art for AoE? ~Rafy

Koriania FOR Jawsman ~ Channel 50; it reads: For Jawsman: Maren is missing a number of words. And though you don't generally want to communicate with the mares, you have a love of language. Time to let others benefit from that experience. Compare the two dialects of Maren. Do they seem related, at all? Is there any piece of the newest dialect that we can understand?

Ironies II FOR Kelos ~ Blend 50; it reads: Your time in the dream as a female in the dream is a unique one. I want you to try to blend in with a group of dreamers so when a Darkmare comes in to try to take you away you can blend in with those around you so they don't know it's you. How will you accomplish this? What are some of the ways you do that?

Hrrum FOR Rafe ~ Locate Dreamer 60; it reads: Rafe I would like you to use this Crystal in order to create a Gholem Dreamer. The dreamer that would include in him or sheself all qualities that you value in a Dreamer. Wonder around City and find such qualities within other dreamers, collecting them using the Crystal. Share your voyage and experiences and when you are ready we shall make this Golem together.

Sadara FOR Ironies II ~ Soulmaster 60; it reads: As a Soulmaster we restore the dream, as well those within that need our aid. What of those that are no longer in need of physicial aid? Around the City there are rooms that are named after Dreamers. One of these rooms is Anelinde's Prison in Cairn. I want you to research how to conduct a seance, conduct one with 5 present, and attempt to make contact with the spirit of Anelinde. Get the anwser to questions of, Who, Why, and How Anelinde lived, her emprisionment, as well as her spirit life now. -{S}

Final 2:
Had to write a task for Akkadian for Give to plat 70
Hrrum; it reads: Akkadian your task is to come up with plan of that consist of 7 performances. Spread the missions around the City so your students have no idea that these missions connected. Watch how things unenvelope to twist with other until a Grand Finale, that you must be a center of.

Sadara; it reads: Giving is something that you have done so much. Giving of yourself in time, wisdom, and patience. However what are some ways you havent given before? Create an art that is extra giving. Name it Hospitality. Blueprint your own stats, the use of the art, and hold up to 6 events with up to 4 dreamers present at each. Once the art is complete teach it to a student that you think embodies that art. -{S}

Judging:
Drizzt Do'Urden: Kori and Sadara
Starfall: Hrrum and Sadara

Final 2: Hrrum and Sadara

WINNER: Hrrum

Sage14

Writing Contest Day 3

Post by Sage14 »

Everyone Who Showed Up:
OfF KiLTeR*
Hrrum
Rafe*
Magnum
Drizzt Do'Urden ~ Judge
Shalandra
Liolira*
Najerv Torek
Sadara
Coro Myst ~ Judge
Starfall
Fin Marda
* are those who entered

Entries:
Write a task for a MASTER TEACHER, Double Halo, No Forge, Sphere or Train
Any to Learn, Any Plat, Didn't matter.

OfF KiLTeR FOR LoveSlight ~ Rally 50; it reads: To my old mentor - you were the first non-elder dreamer in our city to evoke the art of DreamStrike. Your actions opened the door to the deaths of several dreamers. Meaning well, or meaning ill, it happened. I want you to gather a list of the dreamers that have been struck. If you could rally them, what would you say to each of them as an individual? Do you think they would forgive you?

Liolira FOR OfF KiLTeR ~ Push 50; it reads: For OfF Kilter: The project seems to be at a stall for the city guard hall. Push yourself to find the obstacle that is stopping the portal from being framed and aligned..so the City Guard Hall is finally built and the guard is in action. Also think about this: Is it the chaos pocket being the obstacle or the motivation of the dreamers to have faith in the kernal of energy that was harvested?

Rafe FOR OfF KiLTeR ~ Misdirection Learn; it reads: How do we misdirect in the dream with no arts or is this art just a toy more than real untility as defense? Is misdirection true uility? Is its cost reasonable to merely turn another away? It can fail to misdirect, what other options does a dreamer have other than art?

Sadara FOR Anyasha ~ MindBlank 30; it reads: Mindblanking is an art overlooked sometimes of how it properly works. There may be more sciene to it than you might know. Do some research on Mindblank, ask up to 4 other teachers how they think Mindblank works on the Avatar. Come back to me with a presentation of the many theories in written form, and then place it on the Archives for all to learn! -{S}

Judging:
Drizzt Do'Urden: OfF KiLTeR and Sadara
Coro Myst: OfF KiLTeR and Liolira

Final 2 would have been OfF KiLTeR and Sadara, but since Ballaster wasn't there, I made it a point to have the final 3 do their task offs

Final 3:
Had to write a task for themselves, an art that you want, but can never learn.

Hrrum ~ DreamStrike Learn; it reads: Hrrum, I am ready to pass the power of Dream Strike to you. You will have to pass a final Quest. Attempt to eraze a Dreamer from the City, Their history, memories, family, their achivements and lastly their name. Once you compleat this Quest, I will ascend you with Power.

OfF KiLTeR ~ Summon Dreamer Learn; it reads: To Learn: This art would be a powerful art to possess and something that a dreamer should never have access to. In the event you learned this art, what would be the scenario that would be acceptable to the dream and to dreamers? What if you could only evoke the art in ONE location. Where would that location be? Would a dreamer get to pick - OR - would it be determined for that dreamer?

Sadara ~ Break Covenant 40 ; it reads: Break Covenant, is such a great aggressive art when in battle. What other things though can Break Covenant do around the City? Get together a small group and attempt to discover other uses for this art. Break the parties of up to 3, taking down notes of what you observed. Ask the question to each person, how they felt, what they thought, and if they have an idea for such an art. Bring the notes to me when you are done and we will discuss! -{S}

GRAND WINNER: Sadara