Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

TimeBenders - Chapter 10 Review and Correlation Time!

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

TimeBenders - Chapter 10 Review and Correlation Time!

Post by -Lacie- »

What if the world was upside down? What if what you thought was reality was actually a dream, and what you thought you were dreaming was actually reality????

"One down, one to go,
Another town and one more show."

What is a Time-Bender? What does it mean to bend time and space?

First off, why would I TELL you? That's for me to know and you to find out. Those who can ... do. Those who can't .... teach.

Secondly, as I told you at the very beginning of this, I cannot show or give or grant this Insight to you. I can only show you the portal, I cannot force you to enter. This must... it MUST be of your own choice. Therefore, any and everything that happens to you is ultimately and solely ... your fault, your claim to fame, your doom, your destiny.

Third, a promise I made. You can't make me say it .... I will try again to leave you some clues.

Let's start at the beginning again; maybe it will make sense now.

There was the story of a responsible woman and her fate. That story has had an addition made to it in a later chapter. In this chapter, this woman shares her... hmm, let's call it, Vision (please, for the love of the gods, PLEASE realize I am using the name of an Art when I capitalize like 'Vision', instead of 'vision'). In this Vision, this woman en-Visions a staircase, a special staircase, that's crumbled at one end and accessible on the left side, only by a great Leap (of Faith, perhaps???). This staircase has been seen by EVERY dreamer that ever was. At one time, probably the FIRST time they dreamt, they saw this staircase. There's a hint!

There's a mansion with a book inside. This book is on a pedestal and glows. It has words on it! (hint hint hint) The glowing book is telling, what appears to be, the history of the mansion. It's about a family from a far away land, who bring all they own, their entire fortune to this land and they build this beautiful mansion.

And then I ask you again .... and apologize for answering your question with a question, but it must be so, there was no other way.

What if the world was upside down? What if what you thought was reality was actually a dream, and what you thought you were dreaming was actually reality????

I have learned to bend time and slip through space like the nature granted to me with my first choice... that of the DreamSeer. We all have a path and I'm nearly certain any of the focal powers can possibly achieve the same results. That will be my next endeavor. It will require vict.... volunteers, which are scant and few these dreams. And without a Hall to gather in, will make that challenge doubly unfaith.... improba... diffic.... hard.

~Lacie~

ps. If you can't find the other chapters of this journal, perhaps you need to search here...
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

TimeBenders - Chapter 11 - 12.5

Post by -Lacie- »

She rolled over. The Black Box was tall enough to nearly sit up in, so rolling onto one side wasn't as uncomfortable as it might seem. Out here bending time and space was relatively easy, simply for the fact that she was dead and/or dying in at least three of the different timelines she had already been to.

"What if'n one was able to bend both time AND space from within... one of the times and places?", She lay back on the flat surface, her hair dancing along the floor, as if vibrated with the Earth below. Totally rattled, the stairs creaked, and there was this low moan.

She closed her eyes, fixated on the sounds and smells around her and started to float in the stirred-up air. In the blink of an eye, she rested back on the ground, only the sights, smells and sounds were completely unfamiliar. Standing up and fixing her hair, she looked around ... very slowly.

The way out of the House was the same, she stepped out into Totality. Her pack dropped to her side haphazardly, one knee buckled and the tip of the Vanguard Blade pricked her thigh. She stood there a moment, mouth agape, looking around.

"There are the mountains, the tips of the peaks, but.... there be trees growing out of the rock-face itself! And what is that in the background? It looks like an iceberg, a solid wall of Ice behind it!!!" She squinted and lost her balance, plopping down on the ground.

"This isn't the Past," she muttered almost silently, "This be the future!"

Her face started to tingle and she became quite dizzy. After a few moments, she opened her eyes, realizing that she had passed out, and wondered how much time had elapsed. She grabbed her journal and starting reaching into her hair for her quill.

Finally standing up and gathering her senses and her gear, she realized she was still inside what must have been the House, but it was barely held together. However, a few steps away, she noticed there was a landing pad outside her small chamber. Walking to it, she realized this was a lift, and that there was much... much more to see here. She scribbled like mad, notes coming out in two, no three languages and a couple of different dialects. Pressing the down arrow sent her and the lift downward so fast that she had to grab onto a rail.

From this level, she could see how this all happened. Totality had run into or had some - thing run into it, and there had been more than one collision. The first must have been soft and Earthen, because it appeared that soil was spread out from accident than intent placing. The second was that of the huge wall of ice. As it collided into the first two masses, one of which was the Valley, it caused enough heat and friction to start melting the glacial ice.

Beautiful waterfalls were all over the place, feeding around and towards the land masses, which then produced deep-rooted trees and other various vegetation.

JOURNAL ENTRY LXI

"I can feel it coming in the Winds tonite, oh Lorde, I can feel it coming in the dead of Night, oh Lorde, oh, Lorde. Can ye feel it?"

I cannot See what ye see, nay easier than ye can Know the Truth as I see it. That's the beauty and the lesson of Trail, and the lesson to be learned from its tale.

No one cares about how Trail came about, made fun of its Complete Uselessness, and are totally Blind to the lesson, nay the Truth... that the Art teaches us about a Dream.

I cannot See your Dream; ye cannot fathom mine. I can tell ye what I See, but ye cannot accuse that I lie. Pieces of me, they fall unto ye, while pieces of thee may roll right off o'me.

When behind ye do look and can only see, Trail shows us only our world, and only unto thee.

Why am I telling ye all this? Think about it. Ye cannot make me tell thee, there's no amount to the extreme ye may go. I won't tell you about the place, where it is, nor how to get there, and there's absolutely NOTHING ye can do to make ye tell.

I have studied The Book of Shadows in my isolation, and can enVision what is to be. Those of us who are of like mind, must gather .... and soon. There is little time, and I care not for ye politics, infatuations, or fetishes, I need only ye logic for a forte-night, and then we may be readied for the Month of Moon. Join, my Brothers and Sisters. Gather in tight circles, only send one of ye to another Triad. We will get the word around, and I Know all Will be readied, for we all.... Wish to See.

She underlines a few capitalized letters here and there and bites on the end of her quill, "Will they get the message; Will it slip thru the Water like Air... or just burn in the Fire?

If there are enough of us, we might be able to establish a small hold in a quiet cave, Lost to most but Known by all. Seek me there.

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."