Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.12 LR3)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline

Statue Project Overview

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Aileron
House of Calenture
Character Name(s): Aileron

Statue Project Overview

Post by Aileron » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:00 pm

There are many who know of this project that I am undertaking. For those who don't, or are just interested in reading about it instead of listening to me prattle on..and on...and on.. Well just read onward!

The base idea is to have a statue placed on each house plane that will be powered by each house equally. These statues will be powered by energy from each home. This will not only strengthen the defensive capabilities over the plane, but also will allow them to react offensively against any malicious intent taken against the plane. For the current state of the city, this means if the darkness makes it ways to the main planes, the statues will attempt to counter it's efforts.

The creation process may differ from house to house but there will always be the same base components. Each statue will be constructed using 10, 10 charged Power Tokens as the base material (Energy to be provided for the PTs). From there they will be shaped into the statue itself. What a statue looks like or represents is up to the house whose plane it will sit on (For the planes with closed houses, a simple statue will suffice.) The next step in the process is to infuse the statue with the energies of all 8 houses. Then the statue will be taken to the room of choice on the plane, and secured to a foundation.

Right now I am currently in the process of gathering the energies of the closed houses that will be used. I have already gotten some of DoL's which was a process of going inside the house itself by way of the spinning chimeric portal. From there Jade and I went to one of the vaults and while she softened a piece of the wall, I cut a small chunk out. We did use a mix of dreamsoul and resilience to patch the small hole that was made.
From there I went to Quinthe's lab where I used her furnace to begin heating the small section of stone. I added a small dose of very mild poison that ate the stone's physical substance, leaving a liquid energy. After I got rid of any traces of the poison used, I put the liquid into the water tank of the furnace. The energy was distilled and concentrated, put into a vial and is now ready to be added to other sources.

I will be taking care of OoSM's energy next and hope to have the full 8 houses energies combined and ready for statue creation soon.

Sorry if this turned into a ramble of sorts, I hope it does help for anyone potentially confused. Let's build the defenses of this city against the darkness together!

Aileron
Aileron
House of Calenture

Statue Project - OoSM

Post by Aileron » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:30 pm

The other dream a group of us helped Nmoto with the beginnings of his garden in the Cave of Mildew on Trinity. Afterwards he wished to help me in the next stage of my project. I needed to get something from OoSM that could potentially hold the energy of the house inside it. The small group headed up to the home and Nmoto, being the only one with a stable way to get back and forth from inside the house to the open, went in and looked around. He eventually came out with four items.

The first was a leather water skin that was filled to the brim with fresh water. The second, a bundle of unpolished Tiger's Eye gemstones. Third, a worn trinket made of a bundle of old elemens bound together with a brass clamp. Finally there was a gold signet ring with an amethyst emblem of the sable moon. Uthanatos also provided a satchel of sand from the plane mixed with...glitter.

Last evening, with items in hand, I went up to Quinthe's workshop to begin work. First I took the Tiger's Eye out of the bundle they were kept in and spread them out over the workbench. I grabbed a small chisel and hammer as well as creating a tumbler from the resilience in the water in the pool there. I took each gemstone and one by one chiseled the emblem of the Order into them. After that, I put each one in the tumbler and started it turning, leaving it there rotating while I went about working on the next components.

Next I grabbed a pair of pliers from one of the small boxes with tools. I used them to remove the brass clamp from the old trinket. I set aside the elemens for later use before grabbing an iron bowl. I tossed the mixture of sand and glitter into the bowl and set it inside the furnace. Afterwards I took out a smaller bowl and placed the brass clamp inside that, putting the bowl itself into the second furnace. After that it was only a matter of time of waiting for everything to come up to the proper temperature.

After checking on the gemstones, I brought out a small mold that was made for the brass that had now fully melted. I transferred the metal from the bowl into the mold and left it to cool. Next I created a mold for the now liquefied glass that had been tinted by the...glitter... I poured the mixture into the mold and then took some time to clean up my surroundings while I waited for the molds to cool down. From there I took the Tiger's Eye from the tumbler and they were smooth and polished.

When everything cooled down enough, I took the now brass belt clip from it's mold and put it on the workbench. The other mold I carefully reintegrated back into the floor itself, leaving a rainbow hued glass flask in the shape of the Sable Moon. I put that next to the brass clip before taking out the water skin and old elemens. I put a clean iron bowl on the furnace and added the water from the water skin. I then crushed the elemens into a fine powder, adding it into the water, which thickened it and left an aroma of old parchments on my nose. After the mixture came to a boil i set it aside to cool and then took the flask, adding the polished Tiger's Eye to it, securing them on.

The last step was pouring the mixture of water and crushed elemens into the flask itself. However before I did that, I added the ring to the inside of the flask itself. The ring settled to the bottom of the flask and I then proceeded to fill the flask to the top with the thick mixture. Now, the ring is slowly dissolving, leaving a golden hue to the liquid. I attached the brass belt clip to the flask as the final piece. The energy of the Sable Moon is spreading through the flask. I have one more small hurdle to deal with before we can imbue all the energies of all houses together. That small problem is the Union house, which will be dealt with soon.

Aileron
Aileron
House of Calenture

Statue Project - UoC

Post by Aileron » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:58 pm

On the 8th day of this 7th month I set up on the facade of Union of The Covenant in hopes of potentially getting to talk to a resident of the house. If you look at the house closely, the portal that should lead to Chimeric Plane does not spin. This brings up a potential that the house itself isn't necessarily closed, or at the least uninhabited. I left a note on the scrolls stating that I would wish to talk to who or whatever resides in the house. I had spent close to 2 hours getting acquainted with the agoknight there when Mandus came through the portal from Edgeward.

I discussed with him what I was doing and he offered to try and focus his thoughts on a memento left in the house. This focus of thought would hopefully initiate contact with a dreamer of bygone dreams that once resided inside. I accepted his offer for assistance, I was out of ideas that didn't require me trying to force the portal to spin. Mandus swallowed hard and knelt down in front of the chasm on the facade. He folded his hands over his knee and bowed his head and closed his eyes. He then took in a few slow, steady breaths, then let them out through pursed lips. Quiet came over the facade for some time after. I knelt down beside Mandus in respect, keeping my eye on the house itself, not speaking. Mandus crossed his fingers over his knee and looked up to the facade, and finally spoke. "Amaranthine, I come to you, a servant of your daughter, Trisha Pawm." He began. "I am a humble servant of the Coven of Secrets and do what must be done to save this city and hope to follow in your footsteps of love and mercy." "I ask you this day... Please, for the safety of this dream, allow Aileron access to these halls so that he may aid in protecting us all." His fingers clenched tightly into his pants before he whispered something I almost didn't catch, "I hope you have the strength to hear me."

The air continued to be still for some minutes before Mandus and I started having a casual conversation while I continued my waiting on the facade. It was during this time of conversation that a cool breeze gently drifted over the facade. I took in a deep breath of the fresh air while Mandus made the comment of "That doesn't smell like the Darkness." We moved up to the center portal of the house, Mandus once again knelt down and spoke "White Lady, Mother of the Coven, beacon of mercy and love, I come to you today to ask for your aid. May we enter this battled conclave to protect the dream?" I knelt down once more beside him, placed a hand on his shoulder and clutched my talisman to my chest. Sadara came onto the facade at this point and we both explained what had happened up to the present moment. After we finished explaining, one of the canals began to gurgle with rising bubbles. A shimmering object then appeared out of the brackish water and started to drift with the flow of the canal. Mandus picked up the item, showing it to Sadara who then passed it to me. It was a weathered glass bottle with a small wooden boat resting on a bed of sand inside and sealed with a cork.

While I was investigating the bottle, the datoke Cik came onto the facade and a small battled ensued. We dispatched the mare and refocused our attentions to the bottle. Mandus made an observation that the ship looked like one of Harkyn's. Sadara observed that the bottle could be a key for the portal. I stepped up to the center portal with the bottle in hand. The portal sparked with brief activity as the bottle neared it, and in the distance we heard a parrot squawk. With the bottle in one hand, I pressed my other to the portal. It then felt like I was pushed inside, and as my vision cleared I was inside the house. There were open portals in the house, and a cool breeze circled around the room. I tried passing the bottle to Mandus and Sadara to see if it would allow them to pass into the house as well, however it didn't. I moved forward into the Center Hall. The winds were harsher there, and the breeze turned into a piercing chill. A funneled wind suddenly rushed at me and a whisper filled my ears "Leave this place." I braced myself against the winds and said, "I mean no harm here. I am searching for something of this home to help protect the planes." I took another step forward and the wind strengthened. The humid breeze started turning into hail. In that moment I was pushed back against the portal that I had first came from, and another whisper came to me. "I ache and grieve." it said. Mandus and Sadara at this point were asking about my safety and it was during this that BladeSlayer also showed up onto the Union facade.

I had to raise my voice over the wind but I spoke back to...whatever it was "We all ache and grieve. The city is full of hurt and pain, but also joy and companionship." I stepped forward into the room once again. A visible form took shape in wind and hail then. It was only visible by the glints of light that passed through it. It lashed out and I was knocked back to the portal once again. My side collided with the portal, a twinge of pain sparked through my side as I asked this form "What pains you here?". It replied "A house broken... justice divided... unsettled business... Why do you come here..." I replied with that I was looking for something in the house that carried its energy to be used to defend all of our lands against not just the darkness but any aggressor. I tried fighting against the hail, once more attempting to step into the room. The form reached a hand out at me, and the wind and hail swarmed in intensity at me. Yet again I was slammed against the portal, I slid down it but was able to catch myself before falling completely. The whisper came again, "At unrest here. Until Justice is restored." The size of the hail grew and pelted the corridor and myself. A large object then hit me in the shoulder and fell to the floor by my feet. I reached down and picked it up as the whisper spoke to me one more time, saying "Restore justice... or leave..." I was then picked up by a cyclone of wind and tossed out of the house. After taking some time to collect myself I looked at the item I was given. It is a Gatesmasher that is a small dirk carved out of a large diamond, the hilt has been wrapped in gold leaf. It appears to be purely for decoration and not for use.

Things went quiet after that. I showed the others the item and am one step closer to protecting the planes. The next step will be to combine the energies of all the houses into a forged object that will be used to imbue the statues once they are created. Progress is being made, we shall not fail.

Aileron