Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Entry 62 - Breakthrough

Koi-Drama
Founder

Entry 62 - Breakthrough

Post by Koi-Drama »

Madame Sabriela,

I lament in writing the following words. Sir Zaxun has made his way through the Sorceress' shrouding spell. It was reported that Sir Zaxun was able to enter the city through the Ring of the Edgeward Barrows. Unfortunately, I also received word that Sir Lothrick of the Consortium and a dreamer native to your city became the latest victims of the Mace of Castigation at the hands of the Vanguard General. It was also reported that the General does not intend to halt his spree. It is the key to growing his forces. The Revenants surrounding Underlight and preventing the Templars access into the City are products of the General's liberal utilization of the Mace.

The Mace of Castigation was created by the Sect of the Prudent as a weapon against their rivals, the Emancipators of Men. Sir Igteus of the Prudent orchestrated its creations through research notes from Sir Augh Essul and Sir Aethimir although neither were cognizant of Sir Igteus' true intent.

The weapon was first used on Madame Zar'tenya, formerly of the Emancipators of Men. She was ambushed within the Pits of Idoclesia after an intense battle between the Emancipators and the Sect. It was initially thought that Madame Zar'tenya was killed in action. However, we later learned that she had survived through use of her "Twin Marks". She was able to deflect the Mace's effects against her thus making her the first and only dreamer to ever survive being struck with it. It was thought to have been initially destroyed some time afterwards in Idoaclesia.

We are not certain if the Mace held by the General is one in the same or a copied version by someone else with incredible skill such as Sir Silk Nuvas. The Mace itself is only but one of many threats we currently face on the whole. Madame, I know we have allies and friends within the Templars but I fear that they no longer fight over the original ideals they espoused nearly a decade ago. It reminds me of the myth of a legendary war in Idoaclesia's ancient history, The Coven and the Cult engaged in a dreadful war that endured over eons. They had long forgotten the exact nature of the war but they became so consumed with their conflict that their war became not about who was right but who was left standing. There is a twist of irony in that statement as some of them had turned into immortal beings.

The war has indeed gone on long enough, Madame Sabriela. We are the Realm Watch, we have taken an oath to protect and defend our people and our culture. This war continues to threaten both at their hands. We must seek to bring resolution to it. We simply must for the sake of Underlight and for the very DreamScape itself.

-Tal'shiar of the Realm Watch
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”