Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Cannot Run Game, No ".out" File!

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Kaiku
Dreamer

Cannot Run Game, No ".out" File!

Post by Kaiku »

I downloaded and installed the Underlight client from the website (stand-alone, not Steam).

Upon trying to run the game, I receive an error message saying:
"We're sorry, but Underlight has encountered an error and must exit now. The error is: Could not open .out file!"

I looked in the game's directory and in fact do not see any sort of ".out" file at all.
I've tried uninstalling and re-installing a few times to no avail—there is no ".out" file.

Do any of you know what ".out" file it is referring to? Where do I obtain it, please?

P.S. I prefer NOT to use Steam to play this.

Thank you.
Koi-JorKyrin
System Administrator

Re: Cannot Run Game, No ".out" File!

Post by Koi-JorKyrin »

Kaiku,

Good morning!

Aah, yea, this has always been an interesting ordeal. Generally this happens if the game is installed under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Underlight". The Underlight client is trying to create a file called debug.out, but it can't. The file is where the Underlight client drops debug related log information. Because it cannot create this file, the game errors out and states it cannot find the ".out file..". There are also player specific .out files that are created (if chat logging is enabled in options), and saves a local kaiku.out, for example, for chat logs.

The recommended route way to fix this issue is as follows:

- Uninstall, then re-install Underlight at one of the folder locations: C:\Underlight (or) C:\Games\Underlight. This escapes the Program Files directory requirements for the Underlight client to be ran as an administrator.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Koi - Jor'Kyrin
System Administrator
KoiWare, LLC