Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Identify Curse

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
CONMAN
Dreamer

Identify Curse

Post by CONMAN »

If you evoke Identify Curse on a mare, your skill will improve on the first evocation, and it will respond that the mare is not cursed. However, your ID curse will not give a message back from then on out if you ID curse the mare again. Additionally, when you wake and return, that art improvement will be gone. Probably requires a bit more testing to figure out the finer details.
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Re: Identify Curse

Post by Star Scream »

I was about to start trying to improve all my arts on the mares when I first started reading this post. Went from getting excited to beimg bummed, oh well... :mrgreen:
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

CONMAN, how many times were you able to reproduce this problem? It sounds like there may have been a network connection issue that prevented the ID Curse communication, and also saving the art progress to the database.

I'd like to test this further, but we need details from anyone who was able to reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support
CONMAN
Dreamer

Post by CONMAN »

I reproduced this three times within an hour period. But more specifically, every time I did it. My ID curse is at 20, and the VERY first evoke on a mare increased it to 21, each time. After that, it wouldn't raise any more, in addition to the return message of the art stopped returning information (when evoked on a mare). And after waking, it would reset to level 20.
Koi-Silence

Post by Koi-Silence »

Conman, what orbit are you?

A small detail but one that's easy to forget: in Lyra, an art will imp when you use it, but if you raise it past the level of your orbit, it will fall back to be equal to your orbit when you wake and dream again. If you haven't hit orbit 21 yet, that's your problem. If you're 21 or over, then we do have a more serious issue.
CONMAN
Dreamer

Post by CONMAN »

I'm orbit 50, so this shouldn't apply. If you'd like to test it out with me, let me know in IRC. I definitely remember your point in that you can't raise an art above your orbit.
CONMAN
Dreamer

Post by CONMAN »

I tested it a bit further, and now it doesn't improve from 20 to 21 on the first evocation as it did before. BUT, the remainder still acts the same. Once the improvement is made on a mare, it stops giving the return message, and upon waking, it reverts back to level 20.
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Art improvements are a 1% random increase, so I'm not surprised it's not improving on first evoke again, but it does seem odd that it doesn't work after it increases, and that you'd lose the increase after waking. Sounds like the server may be blocking for some reason.

Please send logs of these errors with Identify Curse to support@koiware.com and we will take a look in server logs.

Is anyone else experiencing this same issue? I have not been able to reproduce it.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
CONMAN
Dreamer

Post by CONMAN »

Sent
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Your ID Curse was improperly set to 20 because we had to manually set your arts on importing. Because you first learned ID Curse at orbit 40, the highest it can go at 5th sphere is 19.

This is normal for minor arts. Your ID Curse has been reduced one plateau. Please continue improving/testing the function and let us know if it is working or still causes the same problems for you.

Thanks,
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Ghazgkull
Dreamer

Post by Ghazgkull »

Sick burn. :)
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

I've taken a look at some server logs where the same "illegal" art level was detected and reported. If anyone else has seen similar issues with minor focus (non-dreamsoul) arts, this is why. In all cases, character art levels were manually set to an improper level and the skill level was reduced appropriately. If you were losing art increases in some arts like Meditation, Identify, Identify Curse, Restore, Reweave, and Newly Awakened (to name a few of the typical issues), these arts were reduced to the appropriate plateau for your orbit.

If there are any other questions or concerns with the results, post them here, or email accounts@koiware.com with the issues you're having with art levels.

Thanks again,
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork