Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

whispers

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Brother Timothy
Dreamer

whispers

Post by Brother Timothy »

My character can whisper to others, but cant hear others whispers to him.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Re: whispers

Post by Arnaya »

Others can't actually whisper to your character. Yours and Oracle of Asmyr have the same problem it seems. People that want to whisper to you have to remove the brackets from your name for the time being. I think bug reports have been filed about this in game, but that's the way around it for now at least.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Brother Timothy
Dreamer

Interesting, thanks Arnaya
Tary
Dreamer

Post by Tary »

Arnaya wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:30 pm Others can't actually whisper to your character. Yours and Oracle of Asmyr have the same problem it seems. People that want to whisper to you have to remove the brackets from your name for the time being. I think bug reports have been filed about this in game, but that's the way around it for now at least.
Do you have more details? I can fix this in OpenUL
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

It only seems to happen with a couple of people, and so far... only characters with 2 names (Brother Timothy & Oracle of Asmyr are the only ones noted so far. Hael Frost and Najerv Torek don't have any difficulties for example). When the bug crops up however, the way to bypass it seems to be to delete the " symbol at the front and back of the Characters Name after opening the "whisper" chat.

For example:

"/whisper "Oracle of Asmyr" [whatever message here]"

has to be changed to:

"/whisper Oracle [message]"

The game automatically completes the "Oracle" to "Oracle of Asmyr". If the full name is left in the /whisper line by the message sender, then the message comes out as:

"you whisper to Oracle of Asmyr: of Asmyr [message]"

You also can't can't type:

"/whisper Oracle" then hit tab, or it automatically fills in the full name and puts the quotations back in... so you have to delete the quotes and the last part of the characters name for example.

If that makes sense and helps?
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Tary
Dreamer

Post by Tary »

Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Post by Koi-Cricket »

Thank you, Mac!
Directing Producer
Koi-JorKyrin
System Administrator

Post by Koi-JorKyrin »

Credit for the fix goes to OpenUL project. ----- This will be applied in hotfix 3.1.7.6 once family allows time-wise!

Thanks to those who reported the issue and OpenUL project for the fix.
Koi - Jor'Kyrin
System Administrator
KoiWare, LLC
Brother Timothy
Dreamer

Yes I noticed that after the lst update it had been fixed. Thanks friends.