Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Chat box issue

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Chat box issue

Post by Uthanatos »

So, after using the chat box, when I hit enter, it keeps the chat box as the active option rather than going back to game mode. Meaning that if I try to use a shortcut, like e for /me, it just puts an e in the chat box as if I were going to "/say e". Is it intentional that you are stuck in the chat box until you click somewhere else onscreen? I ask mostly because it's quite a nuisance. I very rarely use a mouse in game, so it's a bit of a hassle. Also, being stuck in the chat box like that should you get attacked would be a pain.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
fancypearl
PTR Tester (Rank 3)
Character Name(s): Stormy

Re: Chat box issue

Post by fancypearl »

Had same isssue, hard to get used to.. sat here debating with myself over break of immersion .. but figured it's probably good way to go seeming it's chat focused rpg.. even though kinda disturbs flow. Makes chatting and interacting faster once ya get used to it. I use ESC twice to get out of it.
Tary
Dreamer

Post by Tary »

I actually purposely implemented it that way. It can be changed to return focus to the client itself. Whatever the playerbase wants
SnowAngel
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Snow Angel X

Post by SnowAngel »

I agree, it should auto exit the chat bar once you hit enter. Using the hot keys for talk and emote work fine and double clicking player name to auto whisper but it is extremely difficult to adjust to finding the mouse, getting it and clicking out of the box... you cant run, walk, sprint, art etc until you get out of the chat box.

Please have it auto exit the chat line once you hit enter.
Thanks
There are times when we stop.. We sit still... We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.
James Carroll
Cedar
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Nmoto

Post by Cedar »

I also kinda prefer having the chat bar exit after you hit enter, primarily for what Uthanatos says, during combat situations.

But all in all I'm really happy with a lot of the changes we got with this patch. Kudos, dev team :)
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Dev for this piece is done for the next patch pending approval and testing.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

Thank you Sidas. Overall, the patch has been great and we appreciate your response to feedback, even if we didn't give it on the PTR for one reason or another.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days