Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Torch/Environmental Damage

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Torch/Environmental Damage

Post by Arnaya »

Currently, the range on these effects is far too large in my opinion. Sprinting up Evernight Plateau for example is practically impossible, and the Unknown is much like a mine field in some rooms. So I'd suggest that the aura range be cut down by quite a bit... basically to the point where you only take damage if your standing right on the torch in question. Same with the spike in Threshold pits. Currently, you can't get by it reliably even by hugging the walls.

It's a neat effect, but the aura is just a bit too large as it is IMO :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
SnowAngel
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Snow Angel X

Re: Torch/Environmental Damage

Post by SnowAngel »

I would agree. Especially on Evernight... I ran through and wasnt even near the torch ( and this was before I knew they caused damage) and was like wtf happened!
I think it is a neat idea and makes complete sense for your avatar to take damage from them, however as Arnaya said, the aura on it is to wide.
If it stays that wide then perhaps scale the damage-- the further out your are, the less damage you take because the fire would be not be as hot on the edges as it would be on the center.
I imagine that would be hard to do, so I would echo the request to reign in the distance on the fire damage aura and maybe even increase the amount of damage if you hit it head on..as we are learning to sprint without running into things.. guarantee we'd learn not to run into fire pretty damn quick! :D
There are times when we stop.. We sit still... We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.
James Carroll
Butterfly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Post by Butterfly »

I find the ones near the portals are the most problematic as you hit them the second you enter the room, and thus are unable to move. Higher spheres can handle it, but newlies and lower spheres cannot.
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
Tary
Dreamer

Post by Tary »

Will be fixed in the upcoming patch.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Thanks Macobas :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.