Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Poison Cloud and Power Tokens

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Poison Cloud and Power Tokens

Post by Uthanatos »

I don't know if this ever got brought up in an official channel, but Poison Cloud still consumes the entire power token, regardless of how many charges it has.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Harkyn

Re: Poison Cloud and Power Tokens

Post by Harkyn »

Probably also a good time to look at the damage of poison cloud. When regular poison damage was increased not that long ago, poison cloud damage became insane doing up to 9 damage per tick at low plateaus. Lvl 50 poison cloud now does an average of 950 damage over it's duration to every non-HC in the room. Every other area effect house art is 30 seconds per plateau duration but poison cloud is 2 minutes per plateau. Every other one can also be blocked by an alteror where 3 out of 4 of the focuses have no defense to poison.

Is this intentional?
Koi-Palloi
Senior GameMaster

Post by Koi-Palloi »

We'll take a look at the balance of Poison Cloud. Offhand I suspect it may be a bit imbalanced, but as always we prefer to look at the data before committing one way or another.

I'm of the mind there should be antidote alterors as a normally genned talisman.
Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity. Khalil Gibran
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Or at least forgable ones. I hate that making it that way would completely nerf a Soulmasters main damage dealing art (Basically making it useless), but there is no defense against it otherwise. So...

On the Poison Cloud front, PC is quite powerful. We charted its progression in game, though Harkyn's note of 9 damage average at low plats is a bit off. It has to be around 70 plat before 9 per tic becomes its average. It can do a Maximum of 9 on any one tic starting at 40 plat, but its average (from in game testing) is about 3-4 at that level. I'd suggest that it be knocked down a little to bring it in line with regular poison (1-2 per tic, +1 to the top end per plateau). Though, if there are Antidote alterors to be made in game... I don't know that any changes would be necessary since a single charge off an item would make it go away.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Harkyn

Post by Harkyn »

I agree with pretty much everything Arnaya said. I don't really like the idea of antidote alterors as that would make poison pretty much useless but I do think there should be some way for someone to remove poison from themselves when out of combat and the poisoner is out of room or collapsed. Allowing meditate to remove poison when at full dreamsoul could work for this or even giving a % chance each tick.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

I'm torn on the subject, the duration could be reduced some, just because getting hit with one poison cloud sticks with you through the whole battle without an anti. The other side of this is that unlike other offensive house arts, poison can be removed without abjure. If you actually get hit with a dazzle or radiant blaze, you are just screwed unless it gets abjured. I don't disagree with Harkyn on the ability to remove poison once out of combat, perhaps meditation for more than 20 seconds or something? That way it would be very difficult to pull off in combat, but very easy out of combat.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Having Meditate have a chance per tic to remove any negative effect would be nice. Wouldn't work on stagger or scare... but it would be nice for Deafen, Curse, etc
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Dina

Post by Dina »

Koi-Palloi wrote:I'm of the mind there should be antidote alterors as a normally genned talisman.
Ummmm...no
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

I like the idea of using Meditate to remove it. Either that or possibly have the effect wear off if the evoker leaves the room or collapses. I agree that Poison would become useless with antidote alterors and PC’s duration should be looked at and adjusted.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.