Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Crashing when trying to talk

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
MacEros
Dreamer

Crashing when trying to talk

Post by MacEros »

Sometimes I press T to talk, the game instantly crashes with no error or anything. Just send me to my desktop. This has happens probably once every 2 hours or so I'm in game.

Sometimes I notice the game start acting funny before it happens, like this last time I was trying to right click on an item to inspect it and nothing happened. Then I noticed the arrows on the chatbox turned into blue rectangles, and as soon as I pressed T, the game crashed.

I'm running x64 windows 7 and haven't noticed any other problems.
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Re: Crashing when trying to talk

Post by Star Scream »

I actually experienced the same thing. Earlier today around 11-11:30 CST while I was in Caudal. I wasn't sure if I just "stormed" or not but since you posted and I read this, I realised that this must be what happenedto me as well. I also run Windows 7 and this is the second time it has happened to me as well. Both times I eexperiences it after playing for an extended amount of time. An hour or two in. Its strange because by the time you realise that something might be happening your being booted out. If anyone needs more info from me on it, let me know. Sorry for the typos and so forth. I post from my cell a lot and it is stupid.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
CONMAN
Dreamer

Post by CONMAN »

Exact same thing has happened to me as well, running 7
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

This happened to me once the other night, too. I'm also using Win7.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
MacEros
Dreamer

Post by MacEros »

It never happened to me in SoT.
Crystalline
Dreamer

Post by Crystalline »

I too crashed at the two hour mark today. Running Windows 7 as well as the others. Only thing running in the background was IRC. Not sure what else I can give for info.
Radiant Paths
~Crystalline~
Ruler
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Post by Star Scream »

It did it to me again today at about 2 hours. I initially thought it was an auto-update program for windows that was doing it but it didn'tpop up today when iI got kicked like it did last time so maybe it was coincidence. Either way, this is a real downer as if it persists you lose the xp you would have gotten as a teacher being jped to as well as losing information on items you had recently IDed.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Roleplayer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Liolira

Post by Roleplayer »

I thought it was Toms cable that did it to me. You all seen how much I would storm. Could it be a windows 7 update we need tweaked?
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." - Carl Jung
pertinax92
Dreamer

Post by pertinax92 »

it has happened to me twice. The main thing I notice before it happens is the "arrows" for scrolling through the chat interface disappear and become just sort of blocks. after that happens usually within a minute the game crashes out. Both times it has happened to me, it was in the presence of a GM character... I don't know if that was coincidence or not, but I thought I would throw that out there.
~Pertinax~
MacEros
Dreamer

Post by MacEros »

This was happening a lot more often than usual tonight when fighting the pmares. Like every 10 minutes or so for me. Pure Rage also reported it happening more. I think it has sometime to do with either using items abunch or the chat scrolling from all the damage and such.