Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Talisman being unable to be used

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
CONMAN
Dreamer

Talisman being unable to be used

Post by CONMAN »

I've been trying to recreate the issue, but it's difficult to pint point EXACTLY what is causing it, but it seems that for instance:

If you spam an elemen over and over again it gets to a point where it becomes totally unresponsive. It doesn't display "Nothing happens" and it doesn't function the way it is intended. It just stops altogether. Dropping it on the ground and picking it up doesn't correct it. Leaving the game DOES correct it. Trading it to another player and getting it traded back DOES correct it.
Starfall
Dreamer

Re: Talisman being unable to be used

Post by Starfall »

Search your log for "function number 2" or "function number 3". When function 2/3 are selected it won't give any feedback, it just won't do anything.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
CONMAN
Dreamer

Post by CONMAN »

If that is what is causing it, how would you change it back? I think I have function 1 default mapped as something else.
Onyx
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm

Post by Onyx »

For starters, change the keybind for 1, 2, and 3 to something else to prevent it from happening again.

I suppose you could always drop the item and then pick it back up and reset it like you were doing. :lol:
~Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm... and maybe someone else?
CONMAN
Dreamer

Post by CONMAN »

I'm saying that I have 1,2,3 rebound to something that isnt the default (Function 1,2,3 or whatever it is).

And dropping it on the ground DOESN'T fix it.
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Starfall wrote:Search your log for "function number 2" or "function number 3". When function 2/3 are selected it won't give any feedback, it just won't do anything.
I believe she hit the nail on the head here. Avoid using (or just unmap) Item Function 1, 2, and 3. You probably will not see typical items with more than 1 function, but selecting 2 or 3 will "break" the item until you choose function 1 again.

Dropping the item doesn't fix it because dropping does not "un-assign" that item as YOURS, so it's temporarily stored with you until it evaporates. Once you give it to someone else, you have assigned it to them and therefore shows as a "new" item when they give it back to you.

Let us know if this issue persists, but I think that covers it after our discussion last night.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support