Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Windows 8 glitches?

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Shae
Dreamer

Windows 8 glitches?

Post by Shae »

All of my option keys do not have text on them, so I cannot read how to quit, change keyboard hotkeys, etc. I also cannot figure out how to change text size, so far, because of this.
Where are all the GateKeepers?!
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Re: Windows 8 glitches?

Post by Koi-Spark »

When is the last time you ran the underlight-webinstaller.exe?
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support
LadySilver
Dreamer

Post by LadySilver »

I have the same issue and I downloaded underlight-webinstaller.exe three days ago and even re-downloaded it. It's not ladylike to loose your buttons :lol:

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Shae
Dreamer

Post by Shae »

Another "glitch" is that my screen flickers to whatever the screen is behind the running program of UL. I could see for a fraction of a second all my message boxes and IRC for half a second, and NOT the game. This happened once every 10 seconds, or so, as I played last night. I'm actually not sure if it's related to Windows8, but I haven't seen it in anyone else's posts, yet.
Shae
Dreamer

Post by Shae »

Today when I was able to get in, the flickering stopped,but I still have no text on my buttons. My avatar is now chalk. Last night I gave her colors.
Shae
Dreamer

Post by Shae »

When I double click a name to whisper, it throws me from game. My desktop no longer has icons when I'm thrown from game, so I need to reboot. Refreshing screen, etc, does not work.
Koi-Tus

Post by Koi-Tus »

A functional work around is to install Virtual Box (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads) and create a virtual machine (VM) to install an earlier version of Windows OS (Win 7 or before and you'll need an OS disk to install the OS). You will also need to install the Guest Additions after you have set up the OS (under Device in the Virtual Box interface). Be sure to do all the windows updates. Because of the 800X600 resolution of UL, the screen will be small, so you'll want to set the guest window to scale mode to stretch the VM screen (and I'd set the VM display resolution to 800X600 just to match UL since that's all you need to run in it).

On a side note, if you plan to use a 64bit OS and are running on a 64bit system, you may need to make sure that Virtualization is enabled in the bios, or Virtual Box will not recognize a 64bit option (64bit is not software supported).
fotowca
Dreamer

Post by fotowca »

Just a bit of additional information for anyone trying to use the virtual box solution. Microsoft has a windows xp VM download available(faster then doing as fresh install from a CD, and is only about 480mb to download). But it was designed to work with Windows 7, not 8. As such there is a bit of a work around to get it up and running. I found the solution on google, but if anyone needs a hand feel free to message me and I'll do my best to help you out. A valid xp Key may still be required, afraid I can't help you with that part.