Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Auto Minimization

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Leolus
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Restel

Auto Minimization

Post by Leolus »

Recently the game has started to auto minimize on my computer. If I click it several times it will sometimes stay active. I've reinstalled, changed the graphics resolution to the game resolution to avoid resolution adjustments, updated video drivers, reformatted and reinstalled Windows 10. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks.
~Restel
~Bane
Koi-Echelon

Re: Auto Minimization

Post by Koi-Echelon »

1. Click on Action Center (or Notification Center) icon in Taskbar notification area.

2. Now click on "Tablet mode" tile to disable the tablet mode.
Leolus
Dreamer

Post by Leolus »

Tablet mode is disabled, issue persists.
~Restel
~Bane
Erasmus
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Erasmus

Post by Erasmus »

Same thing happens to me. Launch UL and it automatically minimizes almost all the time. It happened before and after the patch. I've just been dealing with it.Tablet mode is not enabled. Intel i7, Nvidia 1060 GTX, 16GB, Windows 10 if that helps.
Koi-Echelon

Post by Koi-Echelon »

There are so many causes of a window losing focus, it's really hard for me to figure out which one is happening to you. I really don't like windows 10.

Run msconfig and deselect any startup program you don't need. See if the problem continues to happen. If it doesn't you can begin turning on programs till it happens again. Then you know which program is stealing focus.
Turvy
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Turvy

Post by Turvy »

I've had this happen a few times, though usually only after alt-tabbing out. I assumed it was because I had other windows open like Chrome. Once I minimized them or closed them completely, the auto-minimizing of UL stops.
Leolus
Dreamer

Post by Leolus »

Yeah I know running down focus issues is a pain which is why I did a complete wipe. It's something on the stock clean windows 10 install however. No additional drivers or software on the box when it was happening. If my screen resolution doesn't match the game when I finally get it to maximize it is stuck to the corner as well. Really hard to play like that.
~Restel
~Bane
Leolus
Dreamer

Post by Leolus »

Finally found the offender. Windows Defender Notification Icon was causing it for me.
~Restel
~Bane
Koi-Echelon

Post by Koi-Echelon »

Should always make sure everything is up to date!

Issue resolved.