Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Channel Bug ?

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Channel Bug ?

Post by fr3y »

In gloom, when I'm channeling to another dreamer while fighting shammys, For the few months at least I haven't been getting any of the strength at all. Things are normal at the other persons end though. This happens every time.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.
Koi-Ajax
Dreamer

Re: Channel Bug ?

Post by Koi-Ajax »

You should never gain XP when you are channeling to another dreamer. The amount of XP "lost" is the cost of doing business.
Koi-Echelon

Post by Koi-Echelon »

You are "channeling" your portion of the XP gain to your target. Anything you would have gained they gain instead, using a formula based on the level of your Channel.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

I think the confusion comes from it not doing that at first. When it was first introduced, you still gained the part that wasn't channeled and no one was really told about the change until now :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Koi-Ajax
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Ajax »

Do you have anything in your logs to show it used to work that way? If so, when did it stop?

My understanding is that it always worked this way and I don't recall any changes to Channel that would have altered anything. Mystifying to say the least.
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

When it was First released, you gained whatever wasn't channeled. It stopped doing that the very next update. I tried going through my logs, but It'll take more that a cursory scan (and I can't seem to find any XP amounts, with or without channel). I do remember still getting some XP when Arnaya would collapse a mare while channeling though.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Tary
Dreamer

Post by Tary »

Arnaya wrote:When it was First released, you gained whatever wasn't channeled. It stopped doing that the very next update. I tried going through my logs, but It'll take more that a cursory scan (and I can't seem to find any XP amounts, with or without channel). I do remember still getting some XP when Arnaya would collapse a mare while channeling though.
If it did that, that was a bug. In fact - being the person who implemented channel - I doubt that was ever the case. Channel takes 50% + 5% per plat of your PARTYKILL XP. The rest is sacrificed to the XP gods. If it wasn't that way then it should have been. :)
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

Lol, I kinda figured you guys meant it to work like that after I sent in a couple of bug reports about it and it stayed the same through a couple of patches :P
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Post by fr3y »

I thought I remembered getting a portion of the strength but then again most of time I was maxed. Ok, thanks for the information.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.