Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Agoknight Stutter

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Crystalline
Dreamer

Agoknight Stutter

Post by Crystalline »

Went up to OoSM to check out the plains and portals, and when I got to the facade of the house, the Ago that was there just stood still, then poof it was behind me and attacking me. Not sure if this considered a bug, but thought I would mention it, and possibly see if others have the same issues. The emphants on the plains wait for a second before they move, but it is not as bad as the Ago was on the facade.
Radiant Paths
~Crystalline~
Ruler
MacEros
Dreamer

Re: Agoknight Stutter

Post by MacEros »

I remember this occurring in lyra UL. Would be cool if it could be fixed, but I would say it's low priority.
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

How long did that process take from when you entered the room and when it attacked you? Normally the mares wait until you are in the room and then go to you as soon as you materialize. It may be that he had a lock on your location before you started receiving a location update from him. This can happen especially when changing planes. Watch out! Mares are mad these days.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support
Crystalline
Dreamer

Post by Crystalline »

I stood by the portal for a good few seconds, I was waiting for it to come to me. I even threw a few chak shots at it to try and encourage it to move.
Radiant Paths
~Crystalline~
Ruler
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Yeah, it sounds like by the time you saw it move, it was already heading your way. We can try fine-tuning some of the timing of these things, but it may have just been a temporary network lag issue.

If it keeps happening, please let me know!
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
CONMAN
Dreamer

Post by CONMAN »

I remember there being a slight delay in reaction of the mares when you entered the room, a second at most. But I'm noticing that as soon as you enter a room, you get the message "You're not yet in tune enough with your surroundings blahblahblah" when trying to use a chakram or swing my blade, every time I enter a room. That being said, the lag/delay is much longer than just a second with mare reaction, and they ghost/warp from there start point to where you can start seeing them. In Lyra I remember the delay, and then they'd start moving from their initial point with no ghosting/warping
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Some adjustments were made. Are you still having this issue with the mares?
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Nio Tak
Dreamer

Post by Nio Tak »

I'm still having these same issues with mares. They tend to materialize across the room or behind me. Sometimes they even ago a random portal. I thought it was just my slow internet
"You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present."
Nio Tak
Dreamer

Post by Nio Tak »

UPDATE: this doesn't happen very often unless you are chamele'd then it tends to happen just about every time you enter a room
"You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present."