Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Texture Issues Thread

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Nix
Dreamer

Texture Issues Thread

Post by Nix »

Thought it might be a good idea to have a consolidated place to bring up texture issues noticed.

For example: Illapse Keep Ambuscade and the interior of the keep looks like a lot of people wandered in and just exploded, heheh. Pretty certain it wasn't that red and bloody looking before! Looks like it may be accidentally pulling textures from the neighboring "pits" rooms (or something similar).
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Re: Texture Issues Thread

Post by Koi-Spark »

No, the textures are right. Similar issue in DoL, COD, and who knows what else.

It appears to be a palette issue, but I rather think it may be related to some client changes we've made recently. It seems like the red values have shifted slightly, causing the textures' red pixels to really stand out.

This should be fixed within the next few days, but we want to make sure we have a log of all of the places it seems to be affecting so we can be sure they're all fixed once we find a solution.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support
Nix
Dreamer

Post by Nix »

Ah, gotcha.
Myristyl
Dreamer

Post by Myristyl »

At the entrance to Thresh Caves the forms on each side of the ceremonial hall portal look like a bad negative with over exposure of white and red.
KirtesOmathear
Dreamer

Post by KirtesOmathear »

Warp talisman used while assisting Alastar, when going to Library of Souls. The electrical current icons would turn red and blocky. Like a square column shape. It would blink repeatedly.

ALSO when trying to change planes game crashed for me, and the report window popped up. (unsure if it was just coincidence of server issues or because of what was being done).
Genuine
Dreamer

Post by Genuine »

Main entrance in DOL looks overly red. Also, all up Mt. IIIapse I get these sort of shadows that come and go, that don`t look right.

FireKracker
e
Genuine
Dreamer

Post by Genuine »

Cairn of sorrow is another
KirtesOmathear
Dreamer

Post by KirtesOmathear »

Cenotaph as well. Are you sure that it wasn't intentionally added in.. I think I remember color changes added like these towards the very end of Lyra UL, though I may be mistaken.
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

KirtesOmathear wrote:Warp talisman used while assisting Alastar, when going to Library of Souls. The electrical current icons would turn red and blocky. Like a square column shape. It would blink repeatedly.

ALSO when trying to change planes game crashed for me, and the report window popped up. (unsure if it was just coincidence of server issues or because of what was being done).
Need more details on the Library of Dreams issues. Warp talisman? I don't know what you mean.

What planes were you trying to reach when it crashed?
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Genuine wrote:Main entrance in DOL looks overly red. Also, all up Mt. IIIapse I get these sort of shadows that come and go, that don`t look right.

FireKracker
e
I saw the DOL textures - as you said, red was highlighted a bit too much. As for the "sort of shadows that...don't look right" I'm going to need a lot more detail than that. Where specifically does it occur? What are you doing when they appear? Do they "come and go" when you're standing still? Screenshots are helpful.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

KirtesOmathear wrote:Cenotaph as well. Are you sure that it wasn't intentionally added in.. I think I remember color changes added like these towards the very end of Lyra UL, though I may be mistaken.
We're aware of Cenotaph. This was never intentional.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
KirtesOmathear
Dreamer

Post by KirtesOmathear »

It was a talisman that you use that sends you to a different area. When I used the one that was given; I ran into the graphical error in the library. I went to Unknown, then back to the library, two different talismans.
Genuine
Dreamer

Post by Genuine »

Koi-Spark wrote:
Genuine wrote:Main entrance in DOL looks overly red. Also, all up Mt. IIIapse I get these sort of shadows that come and go, that don`t look right.

FireKracker
e
I saw the DOL textures - as you said, red was highlighted a bit too much. As for the "sort of shadows that...don't look right" I'm going to need a lot more detail than that. Where specifically does it occur? What are you doing when they appear? Do they "come and go" when you're standing still? Screenshots are helpful.
The shadows only appear when you are moving and only on the walls. I noticed when I was heading up Mt. IIIapse. I will post where else I see them, if you think its not normal.
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Known texture issues are fixed by deleting the "Textures.rlm" file in your Underlight folder and re-running the underlight-setup.exe you downloaded from Google Drive.

Please run that ASAP and let me know if any of these issues are still showing up for you.

When reporting any display issues, please include your operating system (Windows 8 has a lot of known graphics issues) and graphics cards/drivers you currently have installed.

Thanks.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Loathed
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Magnilia

Post by Loathed »

Fresh download of client as of today, 05/23. Windows 7 OS.

Albino Caves, The Whirlpool : Texture missing from portion of wall resulting in black render.
A man's character is his fate. - Heraclitus
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Loathed wrote:Fresh download of client as of today, 05/23. Windows 7 OS.

Albino Caves, The Whirlpool : Texture missing from portion of wall resulting in black render.

That's not really a bug. It's actually a black texture assigned to those walls. I'm not 100% sure that was intentional, but we can definitely throw some other textures in there if it looks better.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

I've asked a lot of follow-up questions to some of these issues, but I've not seen any responses. I'm under the impression that none of these issues are still a problem, or you've just not tested anything since then.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork